• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #725 on: September 06, 2010, 07:22:28 AM
[spoiler]"Oh [tornado fang], oh [tornado fang], oh fuuuuuuu--

(black screen)

ACTIVATE GRAVITY SUIT!

(thud)

And suddenly space pirates clinging to floors and walls for dear life.[/spoiler]

Golden.
Yes. so yes. XD I lold so much at that. [spoiler]honestly, when it faded I was like "huh? did I die? did I do something wrong?" Then that happened, and I was like, OH U.[/spoiler]

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #726 on: September 06, 2010, 07:50:31 AM
To break away from Other M for a minute, it's just been discovered that you can keep your stuff in Prime 2. Involves a bunch of tricky [parasitic bomb]. But it cuts down the lowest possible percentage to 8%. This is huge. Huger than when the puzzle of 20% in Prime 1 was solved. Hell, this is huger than the discovery of Space Jump First.

I am anxiously awaiting a video.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #727 on: September 06, 2010, 08:19:24 AM
This is relevant to my interests, as I enjoy a good [tornado fang]ing up of a game.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #728 on: September 06, 2010, 08:28:10 AM
To break away from Other M for a minute, it's just been discovered that you can keep your stuff in Prime 2. Involves a bunch of tricky [parasitic bomb]. But it cuts down the lowest possible percentage to 8%. This is huge. Huger than when the puzzle of 20% in Prime 1 was solved. Hell, this is huger than the discovery of Space Jump First.

Echoes proves yet again that it is the best Prime game. Ho-ly [parasitic bomb], what a week for Metroid games. XD

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #729 on: September 06, 2010, 09:27:05 AM
Who knows, maybe that bit about doing that in prime 1 may be true as well.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #730 on: September 06, 2010, 09:31:36 AM
Most likely not. I don't believe it's possible to get out of bounds on the Frigate, and in order to get out you have to pass that trigger. Prime 2 doesn't have this problem because the intro sequence is on the same map as the rest of the game.

Oh, and let me clarify. Skipping the item loss is not old news. You can do it easily with Action Replay. What's been discovered is a way to do it without cheating devices.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline STM

• Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #731 on: September 06, 2010, 09:35:46 AM
Which is what makes it more interesting. Any shmuck can noclip with an Action Replay, or even just hack them back on after the cutscene. It's doing it without that will set the men from the boys.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #732 on: September 06, 2010, 10:17:00 AM
so, how exactly do we do it?

Also, I find it funny how most people's bitching about Samus characterization is aimed at [spoiler] her confrontation with Ridley and the way she goes into shock[/spoiler] those folks who [sonic slicer] and moan need to get equipped with the Metroid manga, and the confrontation THERE! 8D

makes the one in other M look like a meditation exercise.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #733 on: September 06, 2010, 12:58:09 PM

Also, I find it funny how most people's bitching about Samus characterization is aimed at [spoiler] her confrontation with Ridley and the way she goes into shock[/spoiler] those folks who [sonic slicer] and moan need to get equipped with the Metroid manga, and the confrontation THERE! 8D

makes the one in other M look like a meditation exercise.
I find it kinds silly that the manga is canon. The tone's very different from the game itself.

And, well... Ridley TALKS there. =P

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #734 on: September 06, 2010, 05:17:41 PM

Wow, no [parasitic bomb]?  Goddamn, that opens up some major sequence breaking potential.

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #735 on: September 06, 2010, 07:15:39 PM

To get out of bounds, you have to use something called the Infinite Speed Bug. It's a strange bug that screws up hit detection, letting you activate triggers early such as grabbing items without entering the same room. I don't know where you use it in this case, but I'm guessing it's around the second room where you jump down in a cutscene.

If you go to the spot where you lose your items, apparently everything is reset. You lose your items and your percentage goes down to 0. Supposedly the items you collected are gone forever.

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #736 on: September 06, 2010, 07:28:32 PM
It uses Infinite Speed?  Damn it, I'll never pull that off...

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #737 on: September 06, 2010, 07:36:11 PM
It's a very hard trick.

And correction: 7% is the lowest. All you'd need to collect is Dark Beam, Light Beam, Dark Visor, Dark Suit, Light Suit, Power Bomb, and Screw Attack.

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #738 on: September 06, 2010, 07:45:06 PM
@Prime 2 stuff:  WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOA!! that's awesome~

@Authorization controversy: I've no problem w/ it.  If anything, it just makes me appreciate Samus on how tough she is, unless the player died that much on the early volcano areas.  Then well, tough luck to you.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #739 on: September 06, 2010, 08:10:44 PM
The heat never was a problem for me. The damage it does is so small. It was the enemies and the lava that was killing me at first.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #740 on: September 06, 2010, 09:10:59 PM
The heat never was a problem for me. The damage it does is so small. It was the enemies and the lava that was killing me at first.
I thought that pretty much the whole game was based on "now how do I kill this thing?" rather than pure twitch-reaction skill.

Seriously, the only part of the game where I had problems while knowing how to beat the boss, was Ridley. He's amazing as a boss. 3 tries.

Offline STM

• Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #741 on: September 06, 2010, 09:41:02 PM
He turned black and I can't hurt him... god damn IT!

[spoiler](Super Missile's him in rage... and it makes him purple again.)

Make it raaaaain Super Missiles~[/spoiler]

Offline Ephidiel

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #742 on: September 06, 2010, 10:31:40 PM

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #743 on: September 07, 2010, 12:10:44 AM

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #744 on: September 07, 2010, 02:43:01 AM
I'm just gonna leave this here.

edit: tread on said gallery, it does contain spoilers as the gallery goes on.  For those that have yet to play it that is.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #745 on: September 07, 2010, 04:01:42 AM
asks me to sign in to windows live

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #746 on: September 07, 2010, 04:11:20 AM
Really? that's a shame :(

Offline STM

• Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #747 on: September 07, 2010, 05:57:04 AM
What Other M would look like displayed on a higher resolution?

I really do wonder why Nintendo just didn't include 720p display support on the Wii.

Archer

Reply #748 on: September 07, 2010, 06:21:02 AM
asks me to sign in to windows live

Then get a Windows Live account.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #749 on: September 07, 2010, 06:25:55 AM
What Other M would look like displayed on a higher resolution?

I really do wonder why Nintendo just didn't include 720p display support on the Wii.
There are already HD screenshots of Metroid: Other M around, when played on the Dolphin Wii Emulator.

http://www.nintendoeverything.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/metroid_other_m_hd-18.jpg
http://www.nintendoeverything.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/metroid_other_m_hd-19.jpg
http://www.nintendoeverything.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/metroid_other_m_hd-4.jpg

Mighty purdy, if i may say so.