Ultra Turbo Super Extreme "What are you thinking?" Electric Boogaloo Alpha EX ed

Dr. Wily II · 492181

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Not really.  He'd sit on the balloon, pop it, and sit on another, pop it, and move on.  He popped about a hundred balloons in a couple minutes.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
I have not watched Daredevil, have no interest in Jessica Jones whatsoever, and probably should catch up on Agent Carter.

Haha, you'll watch Supergirl, which is just closet feminism propaganda, but not Daredevil??

Daredevil shits all over it. For one, the writing isn't cheesy, the fighting scenes are far more gripping and it doesn't have the atmosphere of a soap opera. It's one of the best shows I've ever seen on Netflix.

It just further fuels my excitement for Jessica Jones.

As for Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. I'm trying to figure out how this show matters in the MCU. I mean, the films don't even acknowledge its existence, and the plot threads the involving the Inhumans feels forced because Fox has the rights to X-Men.

No, it doesn't have much of a purpose for the MCU, except for the fact that it introduced Inhumans.

With the Inhumans movie coming up, Agents of SHIELD could be more pertinent to the canon than we think.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
It is getting increasing harder to justify a $3.99 price point on 20 pages of content of increasingly predictable material. (In my case, the rather pitiful exchange on the Canadian dollar inflates it to around $5.40 before sales tax.) I mean, Marvel replaced Steve Rogers, Tony Stark, and Thor Odinson in their respective roles in the 80s, Thor again in 90s with Eric Masterson, Steve again with Bucky/Winter Soldier in the 2000s, and again in 2010s with Sam Wilson and Jane Foster. The entertainment media is not really helping and are more or less acting as a public relations appendage for the big two, the Outhousers notwithstanding. For the most part, they act like cheerleaders in trying to convince the public that it is completely groundbreaking when it is completely old hat.

That said, at least the superhero genre seems to be doing all right. Do you have any thoughts on the Flash/Arrowverse, PB? The second season of the Flash as completely reeled me in with the Zoom and Earth-2. I nearly exploded when they made a visual tribute to Flash (vol. 1) #123 in "Flash of Two Worlds." The crossover with Constantine in Arrow was pretty enjoyable too and though it's not part of that universe, Supergirl has gotten better in my view with last night's episode with Livewire.

As for Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. I'm trying to figure out how this show matters in the MCU. I mean, the films don't even acknowledge its existence, and the plot threads the involving the Inhumans feels forced because Fox has the rights to X-Men. I have not watched Daredevil, have no interest in Jessica Jones whatsoever, and probably should catch up on Agent Carter.

My problem with the price of comics is not just the price, but that comics are now written in graphic novel format, so there's no point in collecting single issues anymore. Even with that, I just find it hard to care at the moment. It's really not a good time for the medium and I'd like it to change before I get back into it.

As for me, I absolutely love the Flarrowverse. Flash is my spirit animal and this season of Arrow is one of the best, as I love happy Ollie. I doubt anything will top my love of The Flash, cause it literally gives me everything I want from my 2nd favorite hero of all time. As for Supergirl, I do like it. I understand why it is going the route it is, regarding trying to get rid of somewhat sexist tropes, and I applaud it for that. It is a bit too preachy and in your face about it though, but I think it'll subside over time. It just needs to breathe, like any show, and find its footing. The same was true with both Flash & Arrow. People hated Cisco in the beginning (I didn't) and now they love him. Arrow doesn't even really hit its mark until Felicity shows up and becomes a regular. Mind you, I think Supergirl will be cancelled because CBS is not the CW. It has a hire standard of ratings. Which is sad because Supergirl is infinitely more [tornado fang]ing watchable than Gotham is.

As for SHIELD, I've admittedly been behind. I still need to watch all of Season 2. Agent Carter is far, FAR better than SHIELD is though. The problem with SHIELD, in addition to things you mentioned, is that it's too long. Agent Carter is shorter and more gripping, as is Daredevil, which is hands down one of the best things Marvel has ever done. (Except the final costume is a bit off). I've seen the first episode of Jessica Jones and it left my mouth wide open at the end of it with how [tornado fang]ing good it was. It's an amazing piece of neo-noir film making with incredible usage of color, and it makes me no longer think of David Tennant as the 10th Doctor. I'm going to binge the hell out of it when it comes out in 3 days.

The thing is, you really cannot compare DC's Flarrowverse/Supergirl to Marvel's SHIELD/Defenderverse. One is meant to be campy & cheesy and the other is meant to be dark & gritty (especially Jessica Jones, cause hooooooooly [parasitic bomb] that first episode). I love both equally cause they both explore different aspects of comic book heroism in a unique way. It is for that reason why I hate Gotham so [tornado fang]ing much, because it explores nothing except shoving Bat-villains in your face and going "HEY. LOOK. LOOK WE HAVE BAT-VILLAINS!" all the goddamn time.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
I'm fine with Flarrowverse cheesiness (moreso Flash then Arrow), because the solid writing backs it up and I feel like a kid again when I watch Flash. It's just fun, similar to how OPM makes me feel.

Supergirl? I'll certainly try to watch more, but so far, I'm pretty disappointed.

Offline Pyro

• Wielder of the Chaos Force
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Boo yeah!
    • View Profile
Haha, you'll watch Supergirl, which is just closet feminism propaganda, but not Daredevil??

Blame my lack of Netflix subscription, otherwise I would have watched it. As for Supergirl, I usually just watch when I'm on the treadmill Monday nights, which helps the time and calories go by faster. "Livewire" was one of the better episodes because there was some character depth added to Cat Grant as well the Danvers family and mystery regarding Jeremiah Danvers (Dean Cain) I give a damn about. I'm interested in seeing how the Red Tornado episode goes given my affection for the Satellite League.

Any thoughts of the inclusion of Firestorm in Flash? Firestorm was one of my favourite lower-tier DC heroes (though higher up than most because of his inclusion the League in its most iconic era.) One of the things that ticked me off about creators like Alex Ross was the utter lack of respect he has gotten. I mean they put in Metamorpho and Captain Marvel in the Satellite league but snub him completely. It is like excluding Zatanna or Red Tornado. The introduction of the character and the Firestorm Matrix in the show feels like vindication to me as a fan of Firestorm. Victor Garber kills it as Stein, both in appearance and mannerisms, and Robbie Amell was awesome as Ronnie Raymond. Though he's "dead," I still hold out hope that he got sucked through the singularity to Earth-2. With respect to Jay Jackson, I am kind of disappointed that Jason Rusch was not Firestorm... but the two are similar enough that it is not huge deal to me.

I do not remember it I have mentioned this before, but Robbie Amell was a guest at this year's Calgary Comic & Entertainment Expo, along with Stephen Amell and David Ramsey. It was awesome getting a photo op with him, and he remarked that he was not able to find a Firestorm t-shirt when he got look at mine. Then the following day, at his Spotlight Panel, guess who showed up in the last ten minutes? His cousin: Steve AKA Green Arrow. That was a good day. 

Come and read some Thoughts of a Platypus

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
It's just fun, similar to how OPM makes me feel.

Phi Opium isn't good for you.

8D

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
*slow clap*

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
I'm fine with Flarrowverse cheesiness (moreso Flash then Arrow), because the solid writing backs it up and I feel like a kid again when I watch Flash. It's just fun, similar to how OPM makes me feel.

Supergirl? I'll certainly try to watch more, but so far, I'm pretty disappointed.

Not just the solid writing, but the fact that they're totally willing to go all out there with their comic bookiness. That's what I'm enjoying about Supergirl, at the moment. The dialog, while definitely hokey at times, has improved a bit, and I think it will improve over time.

[spoiler]I MEAN, GRODD IS ON TONIGHT! [tornado fang] YEAH!!![/spoiler]

Offline Pyro

• Neo Arcadian
  • Boo yeah!
    • View Profile
Not just the solid writing, but the fact that they're totally willing to go all out there with their comic bookiness. That's what I'm enjoying about Supergirl, at the moment. The dialog, while definitely hokey at times, has improved a bit, and I think it will improve over time.

It makes me wish that Supergirl could exist in the Flarrowverse, hunting and fighting aliens would fit right into the atmosphere. But there is the fact that Superman was an established hero in Supergirl when no superheroes existed in the Flarrowverse prior to Green Arrow.

[spoiler]Everything's better with psychic apes! Looks like Grodd's lonely, though.[/spoiler]

And Cisco was unpopular at first? :o I liked him from the start and man, I just love Catlin. I wonder if her Earth-2 counterpart will be Killer Frost.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
It makes me wish that Supergirl could exist in the Flarrowverse, hunting and fighting aliens would fit right into the atmosphere. But there is the fact that Superman was an established hero in Supergirl when no superheroes existed in the Flarrowverse prior to Green Arrow.

[spoiler]Everything's better with psychic apes! Looks like Grodd's lonely, though.[/spoiler]

And Cisco was unpopular at first? :o I liked him from the start and man, I just love Catlin. I wonder if her Earth-2 counterpart will be Killer Frost.

It's clear that they could get together via the Multiverse thing they've established in The Flash, which I want to see because Supergirl & The Flash NEED to race one another. NEEEEEEED.

And yeah, he was. She probably will be.

Offline Pyro

• Neo Arcadian
  • Boo yeah!
    • View Profile
I would find it funny if Flash somehow ended up on our world, except in Vancouver (where the Flarrowverse shows are filmed) and he gets mistaken for Grant Gustin. 8D

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Blame my lack of Netflix subscription, otherwise I would have watched it. As for Supergirl, I usually just watch when I'm on the treadmill Monday nights, which helps the time and calories go by faster. "Livewire" was one of the better episodes because there was some character depth added to Cat Grant as well the Danvers family and mystery regarding Jeremiah Danvers (Dean Cain) I give a damn about. I'm interested in seeing how the Red Tornado episode goes given my affection for the Satellite League.

Any thoughts of the inclusion of Firestorm in Flash? Firestorm was one of my favourite lower-tier DC heroes (though higher up than most because of his inclusion the League in its most iconic era.) One of the things that ticked me off about creators like Alex Ross was the utter lack of respect he has gotten. I mean they put in Metamorpho and Captain Marvel in the Satellite league but snub him completely. It is like excluding Zatanna or Red Tornado. The introduction of the character and the Firestorm Matrix in the show feels like vindication to me as a fan of Firestorm. Victor Garber kills it as Stein, both in appearance and mannerisms, and Robbie Amell was awesome as Ronnie Raymond. Though he's "dead," I still hold out hope that he got sucked through the singularity to Earth-2. With respect to Jay Jackson, I am kind of disappointed that Jason Rusch was not Firestorm... but the two are similar enough that it is not huge deal to me.

I've yet to see the Livewire episode, but I'll trust that it does get better. Because I do want to like Supergirl; they just have to prove to me that it's worth my time.

I like Firestorm, and the duo of Stein and Ronnie. I just wish he was actually useful in the team-up against Reverse Flash. All they really needed was Ollie and Flash to take him down.

I'm not so sure about Jay Jackson taking Ronnie's place, however. Hopefully he'll begin to grow on me.

And yeah, I love Victor Garber's portrayal of Stein. Admittedly, I'm surprised a Hollywood actor of his status bothered to work on a CW TV show.

[spoiler]Not God...

GRODD![/spoiler]

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
I've yet to see the Livewire episode, but I'll trust that it does get better. Because I do want to like Supergirl; they just have to prove to me that it's worth my time.

I like Firestorm, and the duo of Stein and Ronnie. I just wish he was actually useful in the team-up against Reverse Flash. All they really needed was Ollie and Flash to take him down.

I'm not so sure about Jay Jackson taking Ronnie's place, however. Hopefully he'll begin to grow on me.

And yeah, I love Victor Garber's portrayal of Stein. Admittedly, I'm surprised a Hollywood actor of his status bothered to work on a CW TV show.

[spoiler]Not God...

GRODD![/spoiler]

Above all else, Supergirl needs to work on its dialog, which has improved since the first episode. I like the universe they're building, with Cat Grant, Max Lord, Hank Henshaw, Red Tornado (soon), etc. Plus, Melissa Benoit is really really good as Supergirl/Kara. For me, it's like with Arrow. I didn't give Arrow much of a chance. I wasn't that impressed after the first 3 episodes and I dropped it, until they announced The Flash was going to be a show on CW. Then I binge watched the hell out of it and loved it.

[spoiler]Firestorm DID hit Reverse-Flash with that blast though, which they needed to knock him out.[/spoiler] Besides, that fight is awesome as fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck! Garber is amazing as Stein.

Also, I cannot [tornado fang]ing wait for Legends of Tomorrow in January.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Mabel's curled up beside me and I shifted in my seat to get more comfortable.  She glared at me because how dare I move while she sleeps.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Snowball usually just books it out of my room when I move.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
<snipped for the sanity of everyone else>
I never understand why part of deviantART finds any of that [parasitic bomb] appealing, and I'll never will for the sake of my sanity.

<sparing everyone the disgusting details again>
Okay, I'm gonna go back and mess with SweetFX on Rune...
and get the brain bleach.

Ugh that's [tornado fang]ing disgusting, sorry I asked everyone. X(
I don't blame you... :'(

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
I only get trades for comics nowadays, single issues just aren't worth it. The runs I like tend to get cancelled in favour of... well, whatever's going on now.

As for the shows... well, I have plenty of catching up to do with no time to do it. Daredevil intrigues me the most, closely followed by Flash.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
THAT WAS AN AMAZING INCREDIBLE OMG EPISODE OF THE FLASH AND I DON'T KNOW HOW I'M GOING TO WAIT TILL THE NEXT EPISODE!!!

[spoiler]GRODD!!!
GORILLA CITY!!!
FLASH SUIT IS GONNA BE IN THE RING!!!
GRODD!!!
CROSSOVER NEXT EPISODE!!!
EARTH TWO!! I NEED MORE EARTH TWOOOO!!![/spoiler]

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Cleanup on aisle 3. XD

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
I pretty much only get trades for comics now, too.  Easier to find at regular bookstores, as any marginally-local comic shops don't last.  Comic shops simply don't survive in Gettysburg.  At all.  If I want comics, I have to go to York, Chambersburg, or Mechanicsburg. 

Or, I go to the closest bookstore and pick up a trade.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Cleanup on aisle 3. XD
On it.

*drags PB away*

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
WAIT TILL YOU WATCH!!!

I'm gonna watch it on Hulu, when my brother comes home from work.

In the meantime, I just saw Inside Out. [tornado fang]ing FEEEEEELS.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Oh yeah, Inside Out is pure [tornado fang]ing feels with the most tender, simple, beautiful message.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts

Started on another Hypno portrait.  Obie was a real pain to draw and will be another pain to color.