The Mana-Verse

Blue Valkyrie · 233150

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #4275 on: July 22, 2015, 12:38:22 AM
"Wait a minute you knew Mar?" Calien questioned.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4276 on: July 22, 2015, 12:48:37 AM
Aya likewise looked interested in that point.

"Yes-long long ago the Magister of Arcadia stood before me seeking forbidding knowledge, power enough to change his corrupt and failing empire. I told him the truth behind your "false" gods and granted him the knowledge to seek primal power of his own. It would seem he was partly successful--as the world has changed much I sense." Byblos laughs dryly and Aya looks less than happy with this revelation.

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
  • Short for Sapphire Knight
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #4277 on: July 22, 2015, 12:58:29 AM
It was at this point that Grani finally spoke again. Once more, he used that old language. However, some names and modern words could be picked up from his speech, namely 'Sapphire Knight', Mar, Atmos, Byblos's name, and Cerberus (that last word earning a growl from Hellhound).

[Blue, I'll message you the gist of what he's saying to Byblos shortly.]

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4278 on: July 22, 2015, 01:00:41 AM
((I'll hold off posting till then))

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #4279 on: July 22, 2015, 01:11:14 AM
//And sent.

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4280 on: July 22, 2015, 01:28:26 AM
((Reply sent))

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4281 on: July 23, 2015, 01:54:54 PM
(Just waiting on a PM for what you Grani actually said))

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4282 on: July 27, 2015, 05:24:59 AM
"I see--I will not interfere with your quest. However be warned time and his hunger have twisted my lord beyond what he what was, in your current state I do not think you possesses the power the match him--perhaps if these mortals grow stronger you will one day be able to reclaim your previous strength."

Byblos responded to Grani yet again.

((Sorry for the wait, Work got in the way XD))

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #4283 on: July 27, 2015, 06:06:05 AM
The Professor maintained his reverence.  "I appreciate your forgiveness and your concern.  We will p-prevail.  We may not, we may not be immortal, we may not be gods, but, but, but we, but we will prevail.  We ask for, for your guidance in our quest."

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4284 on: July 27, 2015, 06:19:16 AM
"Since my Lord desires to see this world preserved I will respect his wishes--but you are not ready to know the truth about this world and the elementals you worship. Return to me when you have restored the Primal Crystal--the Omni-Gem as you call it and then return, I will answer any questions. Until then follow that puppet that led you here."

Byblos suddenly begins speaking in the old tongue to Grani yet again. The Professor and the others manage to understand the worlds "Tiamat, Kraken, Maralith and Garuda" but nothing else. What ever they are speaking of neither wish to go into detail right now.

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #4285 on: July 27, 2015, 06:57:45 AM
Grani spoke again, this time mentioning the names 'Cerberus' and 'Leviathan', though his tone would suggest him asking a question.

Shuu just stood there and listened before looking to the tablet that Susanoo was in. "Any idea what they're talking about?" He whispered.

"I do not understand their speech, as it is older than the language my kind speak now." Susanoo replied. "All I can understand are the names of the current lordes."

My thread of Random Crap

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4286 on: July 27, 2015, 07:28:37 AM
Aya crosses her arms and frowns "I am NOT a doll."

"Arn't you?" Byblos responds "You dance to the elemental's plans, you are just a shell purposed to house their souls--yes you may have a personality but in the end how much free will do you really have?" Byblos' tone is less than polite.

Aya grits her teeth but doesn't respond--in truth everything she's ever done has been at the command of other people. She gazes down to her feet much to Byblos' amusement.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #4287 on: July 27, 2015, 07:39:24 AM
"Hey don't treat Aya like that!  I don't care what Aya is, she's our friend and that's all that matters!" Sakura yelled at the tablet.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #4288 on: July 27, 2015, 07:52:23 AM
"It's, it's not wise to upset my friend.  And, no matter what, I will not stand idly by while you do so."

The Professor finally stood from his bow, hands clenched and face determined.

"Used or not, Aya is a valuable asset to this team, and no one has the right to treat her in such a manner!  Not as long as I have a say about it!"

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #4289 on: July 27, 2015, 08:07:20 AM
Pema paced up to Aya and grabbed her hand. "Don't listen to him, Ms. Aya. You're in control and decide for yourself, just like the rest of us. And if you ever feel lost... that's what your friends are here for!"

She smiled, then turned to Salem. "I'm reaaally sorry I compared you to this tablet jerk guy. This... This Jerk McVoice!"

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4290 on: July 27, 2015, 08:23:54 AM
Byblos laughs again "Don't get too attached to the doll--I think she and I both know how this will end if she wants to save this world."

Aya smiles at Pema, Sakua then the Professor "Thank you--I'm fine, It's okay I'm proud to have served the empire but now I am happy to serve Arcadia." Aya oddly ingores Byblos' second comment.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #4291 on: July 27, 2015, 08:33:03 AM
Pema scrunched up her face, heat quickly rising in her cheeks as she rolled up her sleeves and stormed towards Byblos.

"P-Pema!" Salem stammered out and floated in front of her. "At this point, taking extreme measures will do more harm than good for us. Whether we like it or not, we need him..."

"... Okay..." She glanced at the floor, her mouth quivering slightly.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #4292 on: July 27, 2015, 08:49:39 AM
"To fight a tablet would be a waste of our energy," the Professor shook his head slowly.  Instead, he faced the space above the tablet.  "Regardless, regardless of the outcome, which, which for all we know, which for all we know would, would happen well b-beyond when the rest of us have left this m-mortal world... Regardless of all that... You have no right.  No right to drag us down."

He stepped backward and pointed to the space above the tablet. "This, this is you p-plan, isn't it?  Isn't it?  It, it is, it is a test!  You are testing us, testing our mettle!  By attacking our friend, you attempt to bring us down, bring down our strongest member!"

He shook his head. "Your plan has failed.  Your words, mere words will not stop us."

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #4293 on: July 27, 2015, 08:51:40 AM
"I don't think that was a test, I think Mr. Tablet just became really bitter after being betrayed and sealed here." Sakura sighed.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4294 on: July 27, 2015, 09:09:40 AM
"Hmph after everything I've said you still think the gods care what happens to any of you?" Byblos responds.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #4295 on: July 27, 2015, 09:34:53 AM
Salem glided over to Byblos, and stopped in front of him. Two disembodied entities face to face. "The Gods can think whatever they please. We didn't come this far-- shed our blood and strengthen our resolve-- to back down to anyone. And certainly not to you. These are good people! If the Gods take prejudice with that, then they can get off their asses and FACE us themselves!"

"Salem...?" Pema hovered a hand over her mouth, eyes widened.

"I-I'm sorry you had to hear that, Pema..."

Pema stepped closer to him, and smiled faintly. "I'm... actually kind of glad you did say it." Her voice was soft and her demeanor was less tense than a moment ago.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #4296 on: July 27, 2015, 10:30:09 AM
The Professor was about to say something to Byblos, but had forgotten what it was.  Instead, he turned around and stared at Sakura quizzically.  "...why do you refer to Byblos as 'Mr. Tablet'?"

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
  • The guy feeding off on your hate
    • View Profile
Reply #4297 on: July 27, 2015, 11:44:39 AM
Toshi - "I don't think Sakura, or anyone other than Aya and Shuu's daemons, are familiar with this miserable pile of secrets." she replied to the Professor, "We just don't see him the way you do, Professor. And I don't think he's willing to listen to reason, as far as I'm concerned."
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 09:05:20 PM by TENK »

Fear me.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #4298 on: July 27, 2015, 11:46:56 AM
Fxeni had stayed silent through most of the conversation, but when he saw that the current course it was taking was going nowhere, he decided to step in.

"I don't particularly care what the gods think, to be honest," Fxeni stated to Byblos. "If they care little for us mortals, fine then; we'll take care of ourselves."

He turned to look to the rest of the group. "The shard was behind the fourth door, was it? Shall we get going, instead of speaking to our biggest fan here?"

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4299 on: July 27, 2015, 03:44:26 PM
Byblos scoffs at their retorts "You still don't understand what I mean-but it doesn't matter continue to claim the shards and you will know the follow of your faith." He then goes quiet no longer interested in continuing this line of conversation.