At The Movies With RPM

Protoman Blues · 204151

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #950 on: February 03, 2014, 04:42:53 AM
Really looking forward to that one. Then again, I was the weirdo who liked the Captain America movie more than the other solo ventures, so yeah.

Personally, it was probably my favorite as well.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #951 on: February 16, 2014, 04:36:21 PM
I saw Robocop.

And... Ehhh.

Thoughts ahead.
[spoiler]Better than expected, that's what low expectations will do... But that doesn't mean it's great.
It has some very good ideas behind it, particularly the satire it TRIES to bring is alright, though obviously not very well delivered, so it mostly comes off as very heavy handed.

The PG-13 rating is PAINFULLY obvious. Let me put it this way. Robocop has a stungun as his primary weapon.

Joel Kinniman was ok. He got the job done as Robocop, and apparently he is a big fan of the originals, which is nice to know. (According to him in some interview, he's been practicing his robocop walk far before he ever got the part, lol)

The movie unfortunately, DOES feel somewhat soulless, and thats's probably because they go so far out of their way to make it PG-13.

Detroit in this movie actually looks like a pretty nice place to visit.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=ACTUAL MOVIE SPOILER] He gets the silver armor back at the very end of the movie after having it replaced with the black early on in his Robofication. That alone gives it extra points in my book for not sticking to the tacticool black.[/spoiler]

I feel that if they decide to keep going with the franchise reboot, they could potentially do something good without having to be in the shadow of the original. I mean, Robocop 2 isn't exactly a masterpiece like the first one, despite still being good, so it isn't nearly as fondly remembered, and 3... Well there was no 3 as far as I'm concerned.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #952 on: February 16, 2014, 07:19:12 PM
Wait, a... stun gun?

Even if it's PG-13, they still should've been able to use a regular gun. So many PG-13 movies have done so. All they have to do is not show blood spurt out when someone gets shot/no pools of blood and tone down the language.

Hell, Expendables 2 was PG-13 and that film is all about heavy duty gunfights and combat. Granted I haven't seen the sequel, but I know that's what the films are about.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #953 on: February 16, 2014, 08:13:12 PM
I feel that if they decide to keep going with the franchise reboot, they could potentially do something good without having to be in the shadow of the original. I mean, Robocop 2 isn't exactly a masterpiece like the first one, despite still being good, so it isn't nearly as fondly remembered, and 3... Well there was no 3 as far as I'm concerned.

I think you have a better opinion of Robocop 2 than most people do.

And in the case of 3, I like to classify that under comedy or parody. It was [tornado fang]ing goofy and I loved it.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #954 on: February 16, 2014, 09:44:35 PM
Wait, a... stun gun?

Even if it's PG-13, they still should've been able to use a regular gun. So many PG-13 movies have done so. All they have to do is not show blood spurt out when someone gets shot/no pools of blood and tone down the language.

Hell, Expendables 2 was PG-13 and that film is all about heavy duty gunfights and combat. Granted I haven't seen the sequel, but I know that's what the films are about.
He has a regular gun too, which he uses, but he also has that stungun that he uses most of the time when he shoots someone to arrest them. they make it a point to tell us that he could kill someone by setting the stun settings higher.

Honestly neither are memorable designs, so its hard to tell which is which, especially since they both use the same firing effects.

I think you have a better opinion of Robocop 2 than most people do.

And in the case of 3, I like to classify that under comedy or parody. It was [tornado fang]ing goofy and I loved it.

For one thing, 3's sole existence redeems 2- And also, 2 still uses and tries to keep running- some of the themes from the first movie. There's Murphy being unable to go against his programming, taken to it's logical extreme with the family friendly directives, which are also a fun jab at parent focus groups, who would actually prevent Robocop from doing his job just so he's "friendlier", there's the if i remember, newscasts which i think are still there, there's the Human compassion Robo shows, and the idea that self identity is something even a emotionless cyborg needs or it goes insane, like the Robocop 2 prototypes.

All in all, 2 is definitely more a mindless action flick with some poor choices, but it still tries pretty hard to be a successor to the first one, and I appreciate it for that.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #955 on: February 20, 2014, 10:12:59 AM
Here's a fun easter egg I discovered

This poster uses Robo's original Auto 9 gun from the original movie, despite it never actually appearing in the remake.

easy to miss given the positioning of the gun and the way the light sort of blurs it a bit.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #956 on: February 21, 2014, 07:09:16 PM

Niiiiiiice!

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #957 on: February 21, 2014, 08:44:16 PM

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #958 on: February 25, 2014, 08:29:21 PM
Godzilla - Official Main Trailer [HD]

0v0 0v0 0v0

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #960 on: March 27, 2014, 09:18:03 PM
TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES - Official Trailer (2014) [HD]
Ugghhh.

I feel ill, that's like, going against the whole concept of TMNT, are they fighting the Foot Clan and Shredder or just boring urban terrorists? Why is Splinter not present? Instead of them accidentally becoming mutants from mutagen they were intentionally created? WHY IS MEGAN FOX [tornado fang]ing APRIL O' NEIL?

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #961 on: March 27, 2014, 10:30:33 PM
>teenage

They sure have an interesting concept of how teenagers look. Also, everything Clefant said.

[tornado fang] this.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #962 on: March 28, 2014, 06:08:46 AM
So Shredder is a [tornado fang]ing obviously white guy. Huh. I wonder if he's going to be called Oroku Saki at all.

Still looks better than the original script for this, but that's not saying much.

Offline Arikado

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #963 on: March 29, 2014, 10:51:20 PM
The turtles look like Shrek.

What in the actual [tornado fang].

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #964 on: March 29, 2014, 11:12:43 PM
So Shredder is a [tornado fang]ing obviously white guy. Huh. I wonder if he's going to be called Oroku Saki at all.

Still looks better than the original script for this, but that's not saying much.

If he is, something is reaaaaaally wrong.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #965 on: March 29, 2014, 11:26:24 PM
The turtles look like Shrek.

What in the actual [tornado fang].

I just may have to Photoshop this at some point!

Offline Arikado

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #966 on: March 30, 2014, 12:19:03 AM
Someone already did.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #967 on: March 30, 2014, 12:24:47 AM
Awesome.

That's much better than what I could've done. XD

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #968 on: March 30, 2014, 12:27:01 AM
Hah, that's good.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #969 on: March 30, 2014, 03:59:22 AM
Someone already did.

Oh lawl, Donkey's in there too! XD

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #970 on: March 30, 2014, 09:22:19 AM
Those turtles look absolutely horrifying.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #972 on: April 06, 2014, 10:59:22 AM
Seriously cannot wait for that.

Also, saw Captain America: Winter Soldier tonight. Fantastic movie!

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #973 on: April 18, 2014, 03:58:24 AM
Saw Cap 2. It was pretty good! One question though... where the hell is Hawkeye? I might have blinked and missed mention of him in one specific part I guess, but the question still stands.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #974 on: April 18, 2014, 04:00:58 AM
Yeah, my brother and I noticed that, too. There was no mention of him.