At The Movies With RPM

Protoman Blues · 204484

Offline DarkWaltz

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Magic bananas!
    • View Profile
    • DarkWaltz's DeviantArt Page
Reply #1000 on: May 19, 2014, 03:43:42 PM
Or even open up for MechaGodzilla? Those [spoiler]fossils they found in the beginning of the movie? Although they might be too damaged for it...[/spoiler]

Still King Ghidorah would be awesome to see as well, and Rodan and Mothra just for nostalgic reasons. But King Ghidorah definitely.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1001 on: May 19, 2014, 04:56:19 PM
Well they've already greenlit a sequel, so anything is possible now! Mind you I have no problem with them trying to create some new Kaiju, like they did with the Mutos.

Yeah, I would have no problem if they went the Mothra or Rodan route. Hell, do it all like Ghidorah: The Three Headed Monster, and have all three fight Ghidorah.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1002 on: May 19, 2014, 05:04:11 PM
Wouldn't say no to some old fashioned crossovers like Godzilla vs King King either.
(Godzilla vs Pacific Rim any one?)

Can't wait to see this movie though.  :D

Offline Cherrykorock

• Dr Light's other creation
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Zero can divide by Zero.
    • View Profile
Reply #1003 on: May 19, 2014, 05:18:23 PM
As long Godzilla doesn't start flying id like to see Hedorah again. Id also like to see something similar to Biollante again.

Or maybe something like this.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1004 on: May 19, 2014, 05:32:45 PM
While I'd love a new Hedorah movie, I'm just afraid of all the negativity it would get from people claiming that it's a bullshit environmentalist flick.

Haha, and Godzilla vs. Jaegers would be fun.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #1005 on: May 19, 2014, 06:02:21 PM
Is that 3 headed dragon attacking with nose bleeds?

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1006 on: May 19, 2014, 06:22:22 PM
Is that 3 headed dragon attacking with nose bleeds?

The dragon is ripping out Godzilla's intestines.

Offline Pyro

• Wielder of the Chaos Force
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Boo yeah!
    • View Profile
Reply #1007 on: May 19, 2014, 07:13:09 PM
What, no love for Megalon and Jet Jaguar? (Kidding!)

Come and read some Thoughts of a Platypus

Offline Cherrykorock

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #1008 on: May 19, 2014, 07:39:58 PM
Megalon cracks me up and Jet Jaguar is cool and all but I prefer Ultra man!

Maybe get some Rodans in on some action.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1009 on: May 19, 2014, 07:53:02 PM
I always like Megalon's design. Haha, it's just the movie is hilarious.

And I've always loved Rodan.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1010 on: May 19, 2014, 08:13:10 PM
Guardians of the Galaxy Official Trailer #2 (2014) - Chris Pratt Marvel Movie HD

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMGGGGGG!!!  0v0

COSMIC-MARVEL NERD PB IS FUCKIN' GEEKING OUT RIGHT NOW!!!!

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1011 on: May 23, 2014, 03:10:06 AM
Just got back from Godzilla---SOOO GOOD. A little human heavy at the start and it teased us with the monster a few two many times; in this reguard I still think Pacific Rim got the balance between humans and monster fights down to a fine art but when the [parasitic bomb] hit the fan the movie did not disappoint.

I was rooting for the big lizard the whole end battle, and I don't mind the human characters either (no forced drama was a big plus). The MUTO's design grew on me by the end; it's quite elegantly designed.

Also best Godzilla kill move in a long time, reminds me Godzilla 2000 when Zilla fired his atomic breath down Orga's throat.

Offline Cherrykorock

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #1012 on: May 23, 2014, 07:44:52 AM
Just got back from Godzilla---SOOO GOOD. A little human heavy at the start and it teased us with the monster a few two many times; in this reguard I still think Pacific Rim got the balance between humans and monster fights down to a fine art but when the [parasitic bomb] hit the fan the movie did not disappoint.

I was rooting for the big lizard the whole end battle, and I don't mind the human characters either (no forced drama was a big plus). The MUTO's design grew on me by the end; it's quite elegantly designed.

Also best Godzilla kill move in a long time, reminds me Godzilla 2000 when Zilla fired his atomic breath down Orga's throat.
Actually I think that was his atomic pulse but I know what you mean. :3 I thought it was cool that the humans were actually a consistent part of the fight to keep it interesting. I'm also really glad that the fight scene itself didn't fall victim to fast editing and multi cut shots like many American made fight scenes.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1013 on: May 23, 2014, 05:22:29 PM
I understand the need for the human element I personally would have liked to see round one of Godzilla vs the MUTOs a little earlier in the film (maybe half way?) rather than just back to back with the final battle at the end. I did like how everyone cheered Godzilla as a hero at the end, made me smile.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1014 on: May 25, 2014, 06:43:13 AM
Watching DVD movies count, right?  I just finished watching The Conjuring.  Now I remember more from the demonic possession panel at Phenomacon (Chris Dedman did touch upon the Perron case), and what makes the movie extra special to finally see it?

I met Andrea Perron, the eldest daughter from that case.  I'll have to ask my dad (who interviewed her at Phenomacon) how accurate the movie portrayal was.  From what I remember, she said it was pretty accurate.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1015 on: May 25, 2014, 08:35:17 AM
Saw the new X-Men movie tonight. [tornado fang]ing fantastic film. Great if you're an X-Men fan. Great if you're a movie fan. So awesome to see Singer at the helm!

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #1016 on: June 07, 2014, 11:27:13 PM
Saw X-Men last night.

It was a seriously good movie.
[spoiler=Ending stuff]I love how they completely erased X3 from existence at the end.[/spoiler]

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1017 on: June 07, 2014, 11:39:00 PM
Yep, it was honestly much better than I anticipated. I mainly went to the theater that day for Godzilla, but was pleasantly surprised when watching X-Men. And yeah, it erased the entire X-Men trilogy, including The Wolverine ([tornado fang]ing terrible movie BTW).

Admit it, the Quicksilver scene was entertaining as [tornado fang], wasn't it?

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #1018 on: June 07, 2014, 11:44:32 PM
Wait, the entire trilogy? Not just the end of the second and the entire third one?

Never saw either Wolverine movie so I don't really know how those played out.

And Quicksilver was great.

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
  • Short for Sapphire Knight
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #1019 on: June 29, 2014, 11:37:16 AM
So, I recently saw How to Train Your Dragon 2. I've just gotta say, awesome movie. One of the RARE cases where the sequel is better than the first movie. That said, it still had it faults...
[spoiler=Important plot points]Mainly that Stoic's death was not handled very well, practically getting brushed aside after his funeral, and only really happened to resolve the minor subplot of Hiccup not knowing who he is.

Then again, Toothless becoming the KING OF THE DRAGONS just to protect Hiccup was friggin' awesome![/spoiler]

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1020 on: June 29, 2014, 08:36:19 PM
Um... there are plenty of sequels that are better than the first movies. It's not rare in the least.

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
  • Short for Sapphire Knight
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #1021 on: June 29, 2014, 10:14:31 PM
Um... there are plenty of sequels that are better than the first movies. It's not rare in the least.
Well, then let's just make that my opinion rather than actual fact, as I haven't seen very many sequels that were better than the original.

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1022 on: July 04, 2014, 12:56:04 AM

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1023 on: July 10, 2014, 12:21:22 PM
Recently, I watched Summer Wars and Wolf Children.  Two INCREDIBLY AMAZING movies, I WHOLEHEARTEDLY reccomend them.

Wolf Children especially.  Having no expectations and knowing nothing of the plot.  Nothing, I mean nothing prepared me for the amount of emotions i'd felt...that movie destroyed me, in a good way.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1024 on: July 27, 2014, 10:07:46 PM

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.