What do you want to see in X9?

CyberXIII · 55677

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #125 on: November 16, 2009, 10:51:04 PM
I never liked the style of the X games....Maybe a beefed up 16bit style would look nice...but how I know Capcom, we get something like OSS again  :(

Offline OmegaZ

• Knows a hot
  • A-Class Hunter
  • Mmmmmm, Coffah.
    • View Profile
Reply #126 on: November 16, 2009, 10:53:13 PM
We can't have a DS X game for sure,

all DS megaman games turn to singing crap going through puberty.

Something weird happened to my banner, please wait while I find a new one.

*Elevator music starts playing*

Offline Irgendein

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #127 on: November 16, 2009, 10:55:28 PM
At this point I really don't care if it's 16-bit or not, I just want X9.

On the main topic though; The only thing that comes to mind right now is that I'd like it to be on all consoles (all I've got is a Wii), although I don't see why it wouldn't be.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #128 on: November 16, 2009, 11:13:09 PM
We can't have a DS X game for sure,

all DS megaman games turn to singing crap going through puberty.

I think it's incredibly ironic how you say that yet use a Grey avatar.

BTW, I greatly enjoyed MMZX and MMZXA.

Offline OmegaZ

• Knows a hot
  • A-Class Hunter
  • Mmmmmm, Coffah.
    • View Profile
Reply #129 on: November 16, 2009, 11:17:19 PM
They were okay, but they weren't good, in other words crap, a deviation of decent.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #130 on: November 16, 2009, 11:20:09 PM

I'll restrain myself here and just reduce my comment to:
I disagree.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #131 on: November 16, 2009, 11:22:39 PM
I would say that they are something above average...because they use the megaman formula

Offline OmegaZ

• Knows a hot
  • A-Class Hunter
  • Mmmmmm, Coffah.
    • View Profile
Reply #132 on: November 16, 2009, 11:25:42 PM
got a point there.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #133 on: November 16, 2009, 11:40:05 PM
You know, the fact that you some fans can think the ZX games aren't good just comes to show how much some fans are spoiled brats.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #134 on: November 16, 2009, 11:47:57 PM
You know, the fact that you some fans can think the ZX games aren't good just comes to show how much some fans are spoiled brats.

Yer tellin' me. fans will PRAY for a DASH3 yet fans [sonic slicer] and moan on something similar to OSS. pretty dissapointing really, as it also happens with other franchises (so I like KOF, what?) , so don't count your eggs before they hatch.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #135 on: November 16, 2009, 11:48:25 PM
See, I myself enjoyed the ZX series, but I still feel as though in some aspects it is a step down from the Zero series. That's my only real gripe in all the things I say about ZX.

Offline OmegaZ

• Knows a hot
  • A-Class Hunter
  • Mmmmmm, Coffah.
    • View Profile
Reply #136 on: November 16, 2009, 11:52:48 PM
Yeah, I was just in a crappy mood cuz I just lost to serpent again

I really like ZXA but ZX was crap. B(

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #137 on: November 17, 2009, 12:15:11 AM
Just some things to get off my chest:

- Keep the Zero/ZX designs in Zero/ZX. Nothing against them, but they're part of what help make them stand out compared to X. The same goes for the opposite; ZX3 should not use Sensei's designs.

- I would prefer X9 not be a retro styled game. I've said this many times before, probably in this very thread even, but for those that haven't heard, I feel it would be overdoing the retro bit. It worked in MM9 because it hadn't really been done before, making it special. Doing the same trick again would lose its uniqueness.

- However, and this is the most important thing that I hope everyone knows in the back of their head: As long as X9 plays well and fun, it shouldn't matter one iota what the game looks like.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #138 on: November 17, 2009, 12:17:00 AM
I really like ZXA but ZX was crap.

The difference between same series Rockman games has always been infinitesimal, there is no quality difference, only a difference in preference.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #139 on: November 17, 2009, 01:18:01 AM
- Keep the Zero/ZX designs in Zero/ZX. Nothing against them, but they're part of what help make them stand out compared to X. The same goes for the opposite; ZX3 should not use Sensei's designs.
Naturally.  ZX really shouldn't be the same design no matter how you look at it, seeings how it's humans/normal 'roids dressed up in nostalgic-themed armor.  Most of which is identical from the neck down outside of color scheme and functional attachments

See, I myself enjoyed the ZX series, but I still feel as though in some aspects it is a step down from the Zero series.
Besides the lack of a Double Jump (which Model H/HX more than makes up for), I really don't see how that's at all true.  Quite the opposite, I felt at Z4 that the series was starting to stagnate.  Z4 was the first Inticreates game that I felt really failed to outdo its predecessor; some things were better but some things were worse.  ZX was a much needed breath of fresh air and, barring some trivial mission selection and weapon energy mechanics, didn't leave a whole heck of a lot you could ask for.  Advent was just as strong quality-wise, but sadly weakened the X and Zero homage.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #140 on: November 17, 2009, 05:07:20 AM
I love retro, but I still hope for a X9 with newer, more awesome graphics than ever before.  However, you know what would be truly awesome?  If X9 had a Maverick named Retro Giraffe, and during his level, you'd go through it in 16-Bit at times, then PSX style, and so on! 

Offline OmegaZ

• Knows a hot
  • A-Class Hunter
  • Mmmmmm, Coffah.
    • View Profile
Reply #141 on: November 17, 2009, 05:09:47 AM
So basically you pull a sonic unleashed, only all sidescrolling? óVó

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #142 on: November 17, 2009, 06:11:47 AM
So basically you pull a sonic unleashed, only all sidescrolling? óVó
what...?

Also, Its funny how you say you liked ZXA, and not ZX.
ZX1 was pretty much the best there was. its charm comes from just how vibrant and beautiful it looks, with such great music, and the metroidvania style of exploration, beefed up from Z1. The map was crap, but who needed it? it made more of a challenge that way.
ZXA, was where it kind of couldnt live up to ZX. since the theme was darker, so were the colors. (hell, we have GREY and ASHe) the music was good, but aside from a few tracks, not too memorable. and although the map was beefed up proper, the interconnectedness was slightly less. (not that that was one of the problems)

also, like Hypershell said, you never really got to use models X and Z. only copy them... Vent and Aile only come into play like midway through the game. I would have liked to play as Vent and Aile.
plus the VA's did not do so well. They used the X7 team, and seriously> model X's voice? seriously? I dont mind Zero's, I never minded his X7 voice, but why does X have a similar tone?
at least A was done somewhat right. also, Ashe... Her motion "grunts" were embarrassing.

also, I really do not wish tp see a DLC SNES X9. especially if they reuse old sprites. I want something fresh, and new. X7 had good character models, and all it really needed was a better physics engine, and better stage design that actually made USE of the '3D' aspect. (they were far too linear. Seriously Capcom. take the X-Buster Quake mod as reference to what you COULD do.)

if they made something like this though,

I'd be all for it! It would satisfy the "retro" fans, AND folks like me, who want something innovative.

Unfortunately, knowing Capcom, my faith ain't exactly too strong...

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #143 on: November 17, 2009, 03:24:34 PM
if they made something like this though,

I'd be all for it! It would satisfy the "retro" fans, AND folks like me, who want something innovative.

Unfortunately, knowing Capcom, my faith ain't exactly too strong...

Yes this would greatly satisfy my dirty needs.

In fact it would satisfy me so much that I'd DEMAND two more games in the same style.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #144 on: November 17, 2009, 05:07:12 PM
I love retro, but I still hope for a X9 with newer, more awesome graphics than ever before.  However, you know what would be truly awesome?  If X9 had a Maverick named Retro Giraffe, and during his level, you'd go through it in 16-Bit at times, then PSX style, and so on! 

Fund it!

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #145 on: November 17, 2009, 06:04:58 PM
Yes this would greatly satisfy my dirty needs.

In fact it would satisfy me so much that I'd DEMAND two more games in the same style.
Capcom will likely never do this though. God forbid they try something new. >_>

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #146 on: November 17, 2009, 06:14:31 PM
They were okay, but they weren't good, in other words crap, a deviation of decent.

How can something be okay and crap at the same time?

Man this kid's a clown.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #147 on: November 17, 2009, 06:15:41 PM
I LOVE those contradictions.
its kinda like "Savior Demon Dragon"
Paradox. XD

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #148 on: November 17, 2009, 06:28:23 PM
Are you saying dragons can't be saviors?

That's racist.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #149 on: November 17, 2009, 06:33:18 PM
Wouldn't that be...

speciest?