RPM's Personal Meet-up or Who on RPM would you like to meet?

Protoman Blues · 36628

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #175 on: June 26, 2010, 11:39:43 PM
I never got drunk, nor do I intend to get drunk in the future. I like to drink Alcohol (some sorts like vodka, wine...) but I always know when to stop. What is the appeal of getting drunk to have fun if you then can´t remember anything?
Well, I never go out in my hometown, but when I´m out of town..oh boy. I remember when I was last year in Germany. Me and some friends got late out and we were just wandering the streets, abusing the fact that noone around could speak slovak. Fun times..

Offline Blaze Yeager

• The Loremaster
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • "To win is to lose, to lose is to win."
    • View Profile
    • Suikatei Blog
Reply #176 on: June 26, 2010, 11:42:26 PM
Or we can play Megaman 9 & 10 all day,that'll get our spirits up...

Into Darkness, into the Abyss. Where only anathema exists.
| https://twitter.com/BlazeMcPhearson |

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #177 on: June 26, 2010, 11:57:28 PM
I don't drink, nor do I care for visiting places like bars, pubs, clubs or assorted other nocturnal watering holes. Personally, I've never seen the appeal. I see most of my peers going out and getting drunk every night of the week, getting sick in the back of police cars and getting hammered by their parents for it. I don't like going out late at night. Where I live, you're very liable to get mugged or beaten up if you stay out late in the bad part of town.

My idea of a fun night is getting some big bottles of Coke or Sprite Zero, munchies and sweets and kicking back with a marathon of Brawl and Mario Kart, followed by watching crap on TV, shouting insults, profanities and crude jokes at eachother and then falling asleep in the wee hours of the morning. I'm not at all ashamed or hesitant to say I still refer to them as "sleepovers" and I tend to hang out with my (slightly younger) brother's friends a lot of the time. I'm a very youthful and childish person when I want to be.

I don't need alcohol to have a good time. Honestly, I get scared when I'm around people who are intoxicated on anything. My family is very clean-living, so I guess I'm used to that. But hey, each to their own, I'm not here to judge. Just leave me out of it, okay? =P

Also: I want to meet Magnus. And Mirby. And Kit. And Blackhook. And Archer. And Strangeman. And Wily. And Borock. And Sniper X.
No getting out of the house?

Offline Alice in Entropy

• Genderifically Confuzzled
  • Master's Unit
  • MAKE LOVE FOR MY KITTENS
    • View Profile
Reply #178 on: June 27, 2010, 12:03:19 AM
No getting out of the house?

Not late at night, at least not by myself. Sometimes I go out for a meal or something with my family. Honestly, when it comes down to going out and having fun, my parents are my best friends.

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #179 on: June 27, 2010, 12:09:50 AM
If I actually met any of you, I'd probably pass the time by forcing you to play my multiplayer games with me. >_>

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #180 on: June 27, 2010, 12:24:49 AM
Not late at night, at least not by myself. Sometimes I go out for a meal or something with my family. Honestly, when it comes down to going out and having fun, my parents are my best friends.
There's tons of stuff to do out at night. I guess you're just not the kind of person to go out. Still, I'd advise you to get some friends out of your family. Family's not always there for you. GOOD friends can make a world of difference when it comes to life. Heck, if it wasn't for my best friend, I wouldn't be alive right now. It's about the big hurdles of life you live through that makes bonds stronger between two people. Kinda reminds me of a quote from Shenmue.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXpDvUDX1C4[/youtube]

From 2:04 onwards. Simplistic, but... surprisingly true.

Offline Blaze Yeager

• The Loremaster
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • "To win is to lose, to lose is to win."
    • View Profile
    • Suikatei Blog
Reply #181 on: June 27, 2010, 12:33:35 AM
If I actually met any of you, I'd probably pass the time by forcing you to play my multiplayer games with me. >_>
that depends what games are we talking about?

Into Darkness, into the Abyss. Where only anathema exists.
| https://twitter.com/BlazeMcPhearson |

Offline Dantonumanoa Ongdolota Amycronicon

• Unwholesome, unsavory and unintelligible
  • Neo Arcadian
  • o fuk my k/d ratio
    • View Profile
Reply #182 on: June 27, 2010, 01:28:53 AM
My idea of a fun night is getting some big bottles of Coke or Sprite Zero, munchies and sweets and kicking back with a marathon of Brawl and Mario Kart, followed by watching crap on TV, shouting insults, profanities and crude jokes at eachother and then falling asleep in the wee hours of the morning. I'm not at all ashamed or hesitant to say I still refer to them as "sleepovers" and I tend to hang out with my (slightly younger) brother's friends a lot of the time. I'm a very youthful and childish person when I want to be.

I don't need alcohol to have a good time. Honestly, I get scared when I'm around people who are intoxicated on anything. My family is very clean-living, so I guess I'm used to that. But hey, each to their own, I'm not here to judge. Just leave me out of it, okay? =P
That sounds fun, too. Honestly, I don't think I've ever gotten drunk, just really, really buzzed, since after my drinking sessions, I could still remember what happened next the day after.

I put on my [twin slasher] face.

I also go by Spectro D., Idylleaus, Malabar, and Dumb-bit Twofuck.

Offline Dexter Dexter

• Utterly jaded
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I was born with this face...
    • View Profile
Reply #183 on: June 27, 2010, 01:37:46 AM
I wouldn't mind getting buzzed on shots of rum, but not wine or beer. Although I've never tried beer. -_-

Also: What I would want to do for fun is spike everything I drink with rum for a day...

SAMPLE TEXT

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #184 on: June 27, 2010, 03:53:26 AM
I wouldn't mind getting buzzed on shots of rum, but not wine or beer. Although I've never tried beer. -_-

Also: What I would want to do for fun is spike everything I drink with rum for a day...
Most beer is crap. Good beer is good.

And why don't you like wine?

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #185 on: June 27, 2010, 04:52:16 AM
As for the drunk thing of 'not remembering anything'

THAT REALLY depends on the person, some people tend to remember alot or remember as naturaly as they remember things when sober.

Frankly, since i'm not fond of me being quiet on people i'm not used to, drinking helps for me, but I know my limit (I hardly vomit nor have I gotten a hangover :D), but man, you'd be more open than expected.

For some, they'd learn certain things about themselves that they wouldn't normally.

Offline Dexter Dexter

• Utterly jaded
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I was born with this face...
    • View Profile
Reply #186 on: June 27, 2010, 04:59:53 AM
Most beer is crap. Good beer is good.

And why don't you like wine?
Most wines I've had so far are dry. I don't like dry wine.

SAMPLE TEXT

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #187 on: June 27, 2010, 09:01:55 AM
I guess. I just kinda think of libraries and movies as places you go in order to keep your eyes on something other than your friends, and be quiet. =P If you meet, why not let loose? I'm betting most of these people haven't even had a fulfilling experience like that. A real going-out in style.

LoL, honestly I have no idea who goes to libraries to hang out.....or why really.  In the long history of hanging out with friends, not once has one of them, or myself, ever said "Hey.....what the [tornado fang] are we doing here? Lets go to the LIBRARY!"  But that's me. 

Also, what I meant by different strokes for different folks was more directed towards the getting wasted, going paintballing, and then the mosh pit.  LoL, you just described 3 activities I have zero interest in!  But again, that's me!  XD

However, I do agree that social activities are a necessity in one's life.  I wouldn't be the happy person I am without the friends in my life.  But I don't think people have to go out in style, but simply go out.  Listen, we all love video games here, but sometimes you just need to leave the hut and go exploring.  Plan a vacation with your friends somewhere, or hey try paintball like you said.  Just try not to be a recluse.

Personally, my idea for a good time can range from going to the movies and staying in and D-D-D-Dueling in YuGiOh, or going to a baseball game or a movie of some kind, or just walking around my beautiful city.  If friends invite me to a party or bar or to go clubbing, I'm there.  Hell, I don't drink, ever.  I actually hate the taste of alcohol, and yet I can promise you that I probably act more "fun-drunk" than people who drink because I already have little to no inhibition as it is. 

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #188 on: June 27, 2010, 09:05:11 AM
You'd better come to MAG then so I can see for myself!

Granted, I'll be drunk there (hey, I'll be 21!) so it doesn't matter, but still. :P

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #189 on: June 27, 2010, 09:09:20 AM
Like I said, how you see me act online is exactly how I act offline.  Possibly sillier because you'd actually see me in person.

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
  • Short for Sapphire Knight
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #190 on: June 27, 2010, 09:14:17 AM
*sigh* I just remembered... Meeting other RPM members in person would require money for either gas and a hotel or plane ticket and hotel... -AC

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #191 on: June 27, 2010, 09:18:04 AM
To be honest, this is one reason I'm just such a huge, HUGE fan of PAX.  I feel that every gamer should go to it once in their lifetime, because it's just that good.  Just a huge social gathering of gamers from around that you can hang out with, play games with, or even go out and have drinks with or whatever. 

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #192 on: June 27, 2010, 09:19:32 AM
@Alice: You know, that sounded so much like me that if I wasn't sure that I was me, that you were you, and that you're not me I almost could've thought you were me XD

Well that was fun to type xD

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #193 on: June 27, 2010, 09:22:05 AM
Tai, you should come to MAG too. Actually, EVERYONE SHOULD COME TO MAGFEST!! It will be a blast.

You know, when Snappleman's not getting me hammered. :P

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #194 on: June 27, 2010, 09:41:18 AM
I need to either pull a miracle out of my hat and get a job or start doing commissions to get money to meet you crazy folks. Hmm...

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #195 on: June 27, 2010, 10:04:24 AM
I need to either pull a miracle out of my hat and get a job or start doing commissions to get money to meet you crazy folks. Hmm...

LoL, well get a job for your own personal needs first, before you start worrying about meeting us!

Offline Alice in Entropy

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #196 on: June 27, 2010, 10:08:20 AM
@Alice: You know, that sounded so much like me that if I wasn't sure that I was me, that you were you, and that you're not me I almost could've thought you were me XD

Don't throw away that metaphysical pondering there, my friend. For all either of us know, we could be the same person existing in the same plane of existence at the same time in two different spaces.

Awesome. x3

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #197 on: June 27, 2010, 10:14:45 AM
Don't throw away that metaphysical pondering there, my friend. For all either of us know, we could be the same person existing in the same plane of existence at the same time in two different spaces.

Awesome. x3
Does that fall under the category of "We're are nothing but the dream of a dreamer who is dreaming and won't wake up for fear of ending the world which he is dreaming"?

My thread of Random Crap

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #198 on: June 27, 2010, 10:16:05 AM
*reads above posts*

Umm... err... uhh...

*head explodes*

Offline Alice in Entropy

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #199 on: June 27, 2010, 10:20:37 AM
Does that fall under the category of "We're are nothing but the dream of a dreamer who is dreaming and won't wake up for fear of ending the world which he is dreaming"?

But haven't you heard? God is dead!

It falls under the category of "existentialist metaphysics" - whether we are as we believe we are or not, to put it in very blunt terms. I have a ton of ideas like that banging around my head right now, so I'm dabbling in writing a bit of existentialist neo-sci-fi. 8D