The "BlazBlue" Thread

Acid · 148066

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #275 on: July 30, 2010, 08:39:24 AM
Started Hazama's story.

Ahaha, oh wow. Normally I'd MIGHT feel bad for some of the other characters, But Hazama just makes this hilarious. Also just unlocked the final story. I'll probably finish Hazama, and then go straight to it skipping Bang, Litchi, Arakune and carl. 2 of which I haven't even unlocked.

The best part is him belittling Kokonoe and telling it like it is.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #276 on: July 30, 2010, 06:57:14 PM
True Story ends on a terrible cliffhanger. And for some reason I didn't get all the pictures for it in the gallery. Story #3 is missing. Do I have to lose somewhere to get that one?

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #277 on: July 31, 2010, 04:48:05 AM
Hey, people.
I can rip sum [parasitic bomb] for you from CS.
Just ask, and it shall be given... hopefully.
Just make sure, that it's not ripped by the guy from dustloop already.
: >

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #278 on: July 31, 2010, 05:49:28 AM
I mainly want the new story mode BGMs, but for what ever reason all of those aren't included in the soundtest with the CT story mode BGMs.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #279 on: July 31, 2010, 06:26:17 AM
They are ripped by someone else already.
It's this link:
http://bit.ly/dcp9yF

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #280 on: July 31, 2010, 05:43:40 PM
Ah nice, thanks!

Just make sure, that it's not ripped by the guy from dustloop already.

Where might I find this?

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #282 on: July 31, 2010, 09:10:10 PM
Bah. The one BGM I wanted isn't on there. >_<

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #283 on: July 31, 2010, 09:12:11 PM
Bah. The one BGM I wanted isn't on there. >_<
Be precise. Which one is it?

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #284 on: July 31, 2010, 09:15:53 PM
So, is anyone with the 360 CT willing to help me get the online achievements?

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #285 on: July 31, 2010, 09:29:22 PM

Achivements? Do tell. Are they as humorus as the TF2 Achivements?

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #286 on: July 31, 2010, 09:30:25 PM

Sure. Which ones do you need? I have the 1000 so it'll go quick since it's only on one end.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #287 on: July 31, 2010, 09:44:59 PM
Let me check...I need the first attack one, everything related to player matches, fight every character once, and since we're at it I haven't done Tager's do 6 electric attacks in one match, Carl's let Nirvana get beat up 3 times in the same match, and getting taunted while the other person has a big lead.

Speaking of achievements, who thought it was a good idea to write them all in japanese when they're locked? -__- Hopefully they fixed that in CS.

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #288 on: July 31, 2010, 10:06:51 PM
We can slaughter a lot of birds with one stone with those ACHs. it shouldn't take that long. Minus the hundreds of player/ranked match quota.

When can you get online?

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #289 on: July 31, 2010, 10:10:26 PM
After eating, which should be in 15 or so minutes.

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #290 on: July 31, 2010, 10:12:32 PM
Alright. I'll only have around an hour free today, but that should cover most of it. And sent you a FR

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #291 on: July 31, 2010, 10:29:56 PM
Added you. Btw, for the "fight all characters" achievement IIRC I already fought Ragna, Jin, Rachel, Nu, Arakune, and Hakumen.

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #292 on: August 01, 2010, 01:40:17 AM
Be precise. Which one is it?

It's the very 1st BGM that plays once you starts Ragna's story.

Posted on: July 31, 2010, 23:58:45
Mori Interview

- Blazblue is a game that's meant to be enjoyable even for new comers. This is because of the visuals, the music, the voice actors.
- He considers Blazblue a Concept
- Tutorial and Challenge mode were originally planned to be in Calamity Trigger but they did not have the time. So it became their first priority for Continuum Shift.
- The Tutorial mode was done so that even Grade-schoolers could learn and it was done by his favorite VA, Rachel.
- They found it a bit troublesome if they made the tutorial text only which was why they added voice-overs. Though
- Makoto charge goes by level 1-2-3 and with each level having different performances, he's curious to how people will use her
- The DLC Characters are all pretty important to the story. (In general, though we've been known this)
- He believes Makoto will be difficult to use, but tot hose that are accustom to Blazblue will grasp her fairly quickly.
- Mori believes the other DLC Characters will astonish people (If we didn't already know who they were..)
- He believes the DLC will be a character that everyone expected (Valk) though the person next to Makoto is "super cute" (Plat)

- Blazblue was a way to take a different approach to the fast pace in Guilty Gear, but still have similar feels.
- One of the similarities we used from Guilty Gear is the FRC. There are also a few of our own additions that separate Blazblue from Guilty Gear, even though it narrows down the community.
- There was a time in the dev phase where they spent weeks wandering if they should add a FRC type system in Blazblue or not. In the combat system way, Mori feels that the "hurdle" (bar) set for Blazblue is still pretty low, and plans to rise it.

(Mori's thought on 3D and 2D)
- How Blazblue will go from now depends on how the fans reaction to the game is.
- There are times when they have thought about taking a 3D Turn while keeping the 2D Feel (like New Super Marios Wii which he does compare it to)
- They do believe however that the Main series of the game will be strictly 2D (blazybloo is a side)
- Mori knows the game can be done in 3D, but he in honesty doesn't care about 3D
- He feels as though there are specific moves, and styles that could not be imitated as well in 3D. There have been some rare cases where 3D has an appearance of 2D, the first game that comes to his mine is Atelier.
- He believes there are a few people who have fear of games going 3D
- When told that RPGs stories took a twist when turning from 2D to 3D mori stated that is why he strictly sticks with 2D
- Mori made Blazblue more anime style, and 2D for the audience as well as his love for 2D

- Mori believes the Story mode was one of the biggest troubles they had with the Console version
- Mori knows that the fighting part of the game came first, but at the same time he wanted it to be a fighting game with a story, a plot.
- The entire team was very nervous about creating the story mode for the game.
- He believes it has been very hard to be the director of the story mode.
- Another one of the troubles he had in thought was trying to make the story mode and the game in general interesting to play. Getting the right voice actors was one of the biggest issues.
- Mori believes that everyone was very confident in their work. Which made him feel very embarrassed if he made a mistake so he had to evaluate everything.
- When they got word that Blazblue was nearly done in it's production deadline there was no way he was able to sleep he felt so stressed.
- At times he thought what would happen if the company decided to quit the development, it was a silly doubt.
- He had fun working on it despite being so busy.
- To hm the Live Radio sales commemoration committee and the committee meetings where a fun experience.
- When he saw Project DIVA he loved the premise of being able to dance in 3D, and was one of the few 3D games he enjoyed seeing. The songs and dances were really catchy.
- He is then asked "What is balance?" His response being that balance to him is that everything needs to co-exist, for Blazblue rather it be the enjoyable fighting game, the beautiful art, the interesting story and even music done by Ishiwatari he believes the game has a great balance.

- Mori says the development cost between 2D and 3D is not that different what is different though is the time you are given.
- An example is all the animation that needs to be done to the characters.
- They see as being harder to do 2D games as it's more like painting a picture. This is why he has respect for the old team that worked for Capcom.
- When asked if he meant Street Fighter, but to him the Darkstalker series was genius and believes it's one of the best looking fighting games, ever.
- When asked why he said because of it's motion, the animation and the story of another dimension. He found it beautiful and perfect.
- Despite this though he says that Darkstalker, Guilty Gear and Blazblue are all original.
- He countlessly plays Darkstalker even now and considers Morrigan his favorite character.
- He loved Morrigan because of her VA as well as her "assets" he does like how even weak characters in the game had a chance to win.
- Besides Darkstalker he enjoys Tekken and Virtua Fighter, he spend countless 100 yens at the arcade playing them. Though he only likes Tekken:Tag out of the iron fist games.
- He also feels sorry for anyone who got hit by Brian's Mach Punch and incorporated a move similar to that in Blazblue.

Mori on PC Gaming and Piracy

- When creating a PC Version of Blazblue they were very conscious especially for europe.
- There are people who are very concerned and because of this he has no plans for making a PC Version. He says fans may call him a bad guy for it, but also asks "Can you blame me? I'm useless no matter how strong of a protection is put on Blazblue it will get overpowered."
- We completely scratched the idea of a PC Version because the arcade of version of Continuum Shift had it's data compromised and put onto the net.
- "There was nothing I could do about it, if I tried to stop it I would get ignored. So the thought of DLC characters came up a few weeks later."
- This is a very difficult choice, the issue isn't just with us though.
- It's sad to see even small cute kids playing with pirated software like Nintendo's pirated software. I once went to a store and this lady tried to sell me pirated software. I refused, I like to protect the japanese industry and I gave her a lecture. You could say a politician that looked like me came from the game industry.

Mori speaks of spreading the Blazblue Community

- Mori believes Calamity Trigger and Continuum Shft have had full success, especally against a franchise like Street Fighter 4
- he wants Contnuum shift to sell 15 million units but he is also content with just 150,000 for now.
- When Continuum shift came out there was a 8 hour waiting line for the game, and he felt pleased because he outbeat Project Diva's line. The latest 2D Guilty Gear had a 7 hour waiting line, he wish he recorded how long Calamity Trigger's waiting line was though.
- There are a few ideas he has that he plans to do when expanding the Blazblue to other people. Though there are a few people I don't trust with expanding Blazblue due to what happened before. (Guilty Gear Overture?)
- IHe can't say how far Blazblue can expand but one of his ideas he plans to utilize is an adventure game that everyone can enjoy in entertainment, not something serious.
- Mori does not have plans for a Blazblue anime currently He compares how Sengoku Basara is having an anime adaptation the same time the series goes on which is why it's a hit and this is somethng he can't do right now.
- If there was a company to do an anime he would go straight for "Bones" he enjoys their work for Full Metal Alchemist, and Rahxephon.

FINALLY: Mori talks about the future for ArcSys

- When Mori is asked if they have anything prepared for at TGS he just says "It's ready"
- When asked a new "Blazblue" he replies "No, something different"
- The interviewer is shocked and said "A new fighting game?" Mori actually has not been given the details yet but he does have confidence in the title to be shown at TGS
- He does say after Blazblue releases some Drama CDs and new Scenarios to expand the story, a sequel will be in the works.
- Though there is another related sequel that is going to be in the works as well but it's not of "CONTINUUM SHIFT" (Note he did not say Blazblue, only Continuum Shift
s story arc)
- It will be a while until the next Blazblue is out, there will be a lot of problems he saw with the first two eliminated, with additions (He specifically does not like the word change)
- He hopes everyone enjoys the game, and can't wait to reveal more of the DLC

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #293 on: August 01, 2010, 02:36:38 AM
I just played a few of the stories and WHAT THE HELL MAN

Is it supposed to be understood?

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #294 on: August 01, 2010, 02:44:04 AM
Not quite yet.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #295 on: August 01, 2010, 03:16:53 AM
Each story is more or less a piece of the puzzle.

Well, really only for Ragna, Noel, Jin, Hakumem, Tsubaki, Rachel, and Hazama, Lambda, and to a lesser extent Tager.

Bang, Arukane, Litchi aren't really connected to the main plot directly. More of a side evnet thing with them. Carl's connected to to Relius who's a major character in the main plot, but his story is a personal one and not related to it directly.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #296 on: August 01, 2010, 03:19:45 AM
And how do you 100% the stories besides plot decisions?

Offline X-3

• ???
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #297 on: August 01, 2010, 03:40:20 AM
You have to lose some battles in CT to fill it out the 100%.
Plus, there are some alt. endings that require you to have done several distortion finishes, but I think that's only for Ragna and Noel.
Also I think you have to get Arakune's story done first to get Litchi's "somewhat true end" scene. You get a fabulous reward for each character if you 100% their story!

As for it making sense...uh, some things get explained if I remember correctly.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #298 on: August 01, 2010, 03:51:38 AM
Speaking of making sense, I still don't get what that space laser is or why it's there.

And how do you 100% the stories besides plot decisions?

Lose every battle.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #299 on: August 01, 2010, 05:06:43 AM
Lose every battle.
Shiiiit. I'm not gonna do that. That's like grinding for no aparent reason than to unlock crap. Who made the decision that you had to lose battles to unlock stuff? Jesus...