The "BlazBlue" Thread

Acid · 149401

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #300 on: August 01, 2010, 05:30:31 AM
You don't get anything for 100%ing something. All  you unlock are special interviews with the real VA's, but they're not subbed so you don't get anything from it. Plus there's not really an ACH for it.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #301 on: August 01, 2010, 06:59:34 AM
Yeah, for the longest time I didn't ever know how to get the 100%. I never imagined losing would be a criteria, nor did I ever lose... I only found out when I saw someone mention it.

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?8287-BlazBlue-Continuum-Shift-Sprites
Here. : >
Much appreciated!

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #302 on: August 01, 2010, 07:05:14 AM
They took that out of CS afaik.

And to call back to my previous question, I was told that I had to get Ragna's alternate ending to get the picture I'm missing. I'm guessing what you do in the character's story modes changes True Story. Good, cause the True Story felt empty and unsatisfying when I did it. The only extra things I had done at that point were Carl and Tao's canon endings and Jin's gag reel.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #303 on: August 01, 2010, 11:42:23 AM
Losing to get 100% is gone. During the 1st Help me Kokonoe-sensei! segment, she even mentions how that pissed a lot of people off and that you don't need to do it.

True story has no alternate scenes. What you did on the character routes doesn't change anything. All you need even unlock it is get the canon ending for the major players. Hell, I still have Carl and bang the the "NEW" sign, and Arakune and Litchi aren't even selectable.

The game  itself even calls them the canon ending in the ACH description. Basically you have

1:Canon
2:Bad Ending (Also always followed By a Help Me Kokonoe-Sensei! segment)
3: Gag-reel

Although with Hazama, you actually have to get his Kokonoe segment seperate from his bad/alt ending. (Alt=lose to Jin, Kokonoe segment=lose to Ragna).

And unless your Lambda, then they're all bad endings. Even the True story mode is [tornado fang]'d up to her.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #304 on: August 01, 2010, 07:12:21 PM
Hmm. I did Ragna's bad ending, and it gave me the picture from True Ending I was missing, even though that picture was not in the True Ending. That's weird.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #305 on: August 02, 2010, 06:13:21 AM
Oh for the love of... They have turned Jin into the biggest [Top Spin] ever now. Well, Hazama is now my main! He's a hell of a lot more classy and straight.

Knockout Mondays

WIP Wednesdays

Weekend Game Hangout

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #306 on: August 02, 2010, 07:40:36 PM
His gag reel kinda disagrees.

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #307 on: August 02, 2010, 07:49:08 PM
Okay, this has officially become bullshit.
http://kotaku.com/5602351/blazblue-continuum-shift-gets-two-special-editions-in-europe

God damn Europeans. We saved your ass in Vietnam and this is how you repay us?!

and straight.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #308 on: August 02, 2010, 09:53:38 PM
Okay, this has officially become bullshit.
http://kotaku.com/5602351/blazblue-continuum-shift-gets-two-special-editions-in-europe

God damn Europeans. We saved your ass in Vietnam and this is how you repay us?!
Funny how we never get any outrage with the constant stream of US-only special editions. =P Remember, we only got Calamity Trigger THIS YEAR. We're gonna get Continuum Shift mere months later. We're getting ripped off alot with this [parasitic bomb].

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #309 on: August 02, 2010, 10:11:39 PM
You're used to it though. You've had to endure the [parasitic bomb] for decades.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #310 on: August 02, 2010, 10:12:02 PM
Remember, we only got Calamity Trigger THIS YEAR. We're gonna get Continuum Shift mere months later. We're getting ripped off alot with this [parasitic bomb].

So do us Mexicans, and we live in the same continent. To that I only have to say WTF. On the bright side, the fact that we only got it this year means that I'll actually profit by trading in CT >.>

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #311 on: August 02, 2010, 10:12:28 PM
JUST CAUSE HE LOOKS GOOD IN A BATHTUB TO SOME PEOPLE DOESN'T MEAN HE HIMSELF IS GAY

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

*throws xbox through the window*

Oh and what the [tornado fang] Europe! Dick move!

Knockout Mondays

WIP Wednesdays

Weekend Game Hangout

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #312 on: August 02, 2010, 11:00:05 PM
You're used to it though. You've had to endure the [parasitic bomb] for decades.
Ever since the Internet, we never get used to it. Watching a stream of trailers and opinions about how great this or that game is just sucks.

...and don't get me started with preorder-only items. We get none of that [parasitic bomb] here, so we end up with nothing. No choice between Wal-Mart and Gamestop BECAUSE THEY DON'T EXIST HERE.

...well, Gamestop exists, but it's even worse than the other stores in crap that actually gets there.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #313 on: August 03, 2010, 04:21:36 AM
Alright, I finally got to and completed the True Ending. I am thoroughly confused.

[spoiler]Wasn't Saya suppose to be dead? I didn't play the story much more than Jin's in CT, so maybe I missed a lot, but I thought V-13 was suppose to be Saya as well? Bah![/spoiler]

Knockout Mondays

WIP Wednesdays

Weekend Game Hangout

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #314 on: August 03, 2010, 04:27:56 AM
Never found the body and clones.

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #315 on: August 03, 2010, 05:45:31 AM
[spoiler]It was  never said that she died, only missing. And all throughout CT, Ragna was just [tornado fang]ing people up. He wasn't exactly fighting to avenge Saya  or searching for her.

Ragna himself even suspected that it was Saya behind this from the very beginning.

As to what happened, basically When Saya took over/destroyed the Master Unit, she ended the time loops. And thus the Continuum shifts. As she put it, the past stays the past, and the dead stay dead, (PEOPLE DIE WHEN THEY ARE KILLED!!!)[/spoiler]

This of course causes Hakumen to now be a Time paradox. As in this final time line that didn't loop, Jin no longer gets fused to the Sanshinkin unit by Rachel.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #316 on: August 03, 2010, 06:45:52 PM
Ah, that makes (more) sense now. Thanks.

Knockout Mondays

WIP Wednesdays

Weekend Game Hangout

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #317 on: August 03, 2010, 08:44:27 PM
As to the Nu/Saya thing, all the Prime Field devices (Nu, Mu, Lambda, etc) are all created based off of Saya. It's why Ragna started to suspect since these Saya look a likes had to come from somewhere.

By the end of this, Kondom's going to be voicing half the damn cast.

Also Makoto DLC ACHs.

-Oh Nuts: Choose Unlimited Makoto, 10G.
-Fur And Loathing In Kagutsuchi: Combo over 5000 damage, 30G
-"I Gnu it was Ewe": Complete 7/10+ challenges with Makoto, 40G.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #318 on: August 03, 2010, 11:10:42 PM
Makoto's 13th color is TTGL Yoko. And her GG color is Order Sol. I can't explain that at all. Oh and she is really fun to use.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #319 on: August 04, 2010, 12:54:14 AM
Oh, wow! I really like how she plays! She even has a Dempsey Roll in the vein of Dudley.

Knockout Mondays

WIP Wednesdays

Weekend Game Hangout

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #320 on: August 04, 2010, 03:15:32 AM
What is up with Unlimited Makoto? Her 214 moves don't come out. But she's much stronger. Those are the only changes I really noticed. Oh and for the 5000 damage achievement, her Astral counts.

I also tried Score Attack a little bit. Spamming with Jin, I can deal with the regular cast. But Unlimited Hakumen, oh my god. He is a whole nother beast. His regular counter teleports to you, and Yukikaze doesn't have to counter for Haku to slash the [parasitic bomb] outta you. And he's only the first unlimited. I hope Rachel's nerfs carry over to here.

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #321 on: August 04, 2010, 11:08:47 AM
That mother [tornado fang]er is the biggest pain in the ass ever. His countering bull [parasitic bomb] is one thing, but now he's basically warping across the god damn map to you.

One of the most annoying things move wise is that stupid forward stab they gave him. [parasitic bomb]'s not funny when he can hit you across damn screen. His broken Attack parameters also don't help. He gets you in ONE combo, and it's over.

Hazama's a pain as well with his stupid GN particles that drains your health and restores his. Plus he's faster than Jin (my main) at attacking now and can counter you faster  since Jin got slowed down. (He can't chain as good as he used to, there's a delay now)

Rachel's now in [parasitic bomb] tier, but she's still annoying as an Unlimited. Mainly her spamming thunder non [tornado fang]ing stop.

Ragna:....He was a pain last time, But Super Unlimited TRANS-AM Ragna in CS has made the  impossible possible and managed to become an even bigger dick than before.

HURDUR, 1 HIT AND I'LL RESTORE HALF MY HEALTH.

[dark hold]. At least the others, Hazama and Hakumen were around the B tier, and Rachel in [parasitic bomb] tier. But Ragna was already in S tier to begin with.

And doing the high end level damage is easy. I got Hakumens with literally a single attack that one shotted Rachel with full health. Hazama's 7 seconds in the air is also easy. Just use his Astral heat and it'll unlock the achievement automatically.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #322 on: August 04, 2010, 07:42:04 PM
I thought Hakumen was A tier.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #323 on: August 05, 2010, 04:59:08 AM
You fight unlimited Hakumen in Hazama's arcade, right? He seemed more bullshit than usual there.

Posted on: August 04, 2010, 03:28:06 PM
Ok, I got Hazama's gag reel. Don't be hating on a guy who likes baths! Everyone enjoys a nice hot bath every once in a while! Damn cats! ACHOO!

Knockout Mondays

WIP Wednesdays

Weekend Game Hangout

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #324 on: August 05, 2010, 05:05:42 AM
So now that you guys also play this, Hazama, just how do you fight that guy? It's annoying trying to land anything on him.