The Mana-Verse

Blue Valkyrie · 232316

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2075 on: March 06, 2015, 02:52:59 AM
The figure was that of a tall man, fit wearing a long black cloak with precursor symbols running along the length of the zipper. He had short spiky black hair cold purple eyes and a set of small wings like Aya.

He stretches his arms out and took a deep breath as if to enjoy freedom for the first time in a thousand years. "Mask Master--you managed to break this accursed seal? Excellent." He nods and Mask Master raises. "Ah Reva--what a sorry state you are in!" He gathers the three shards with a grin. "Last time we meet you prevented me with merging with the heart of chaos-and prevented my accession to god hood, but now you can no longer help the last guardian." He opens a small rfit and moves the shards into them for safe keeping.

"Master--it seems your awakening has shattered the Omni-Gem. Without it we cannot open a gate to the heart of chaos like last time." Mask Master adjusts his mask.

"No matter--we will track down the shards--now before we leave I belive I have some lose ends to tie up. The man approaches the group as White Beard scurries to his feet.

"Arr--what is the meaning of this Mask Master?! This was not what we agreed to! If I helped you find the keys you would grant me unlimited elemental power!!" He yelled angrily, clearly seeing the omni-gem destroyed was not his intention.

"You were a tool--little more." Mask Master retorted. "We never had any intention of giving you anything--is that not correct Albertus."

White Beard's eyes widened as he saw Albertus grin and realized he was no longer in control of anything. "D-Damn you all!" Drawing his Flint Lock and pointing it at the man "I will not be made a fool of----AAAAAAAGH!"

White Beard barely was able to finish his sentence as the figure raised his hand casting the spell "Impulse" the kinetic effect sends White Beard flying off the tower into the sea below to his death?

"Now--I do believe introductions are in order master!" Mask Master glanced at the sea as White
 Beard vanished from view.

"Indeed---my name is Mar, I was a magistrate of the First Empire. I am an Arcadian or "Precursor" as you have come to call us." Mar glanced at Aya who was beginning to wake up again.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #2076 on: March 06, 2015, 02:58:59 AM
"<Yup....a Moron to the end.  A stupid, gullible, cruel, greedy, power hungry Moron in his last breaths....may you reincarnate into someone more pleasant and helpful to those around you lest these misfortunes be engrained in your soul and be repeated for all eternity.>" Sakura thought and shook her head as she looked to this Mar person.

"Magistrate, Heart of Chaos?" Calien questioned "Just what do you intend to do?"

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2077 on: March 06, 2015, 03:02:07 AM
The Professor once again dropped to his hands and knees and bowed deeply before Mar.  "Most, most, most humble apologies!  I, I, I had studied you, studied your lore, yes?  Never before, never before have I seen such, such a p-presence!  I beg forgiveness for any blasphemes... My colleagues, my fellow monks... the Order was, was... was not fully aware of your power...  They, they did not approve of my study... Thus, thus, thus proper etiquette was, was lost to the ages..."

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2078 on: March 06, 2015, 03:05:07 AM
"I...don't think they're going to give a damn about the Order's misdeeds Prof......" Sakura stated.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2079 on: March 06, 2015, 03:17:24 AM
Mar glanced at the Professor seemingly amused by his worship. He turned his gaze to Calien.

"The creator and her pet "gods" used the omni-gem to form the abyss into the "Heart of Chaos." in that state it was the "possibility" that permitted Arcadia and it's life to exist. It is the source of ultimate knowledge and power, a power I desired greatly in my academic pursuits.

As an aging mortal I could never hope to survive in the abyss, so I "acquired" this guardian, they are designed to be immune to the abyss after all--with an immortal shell I opened a massive rift above Pandora--the floating city and opened a direct path to the Heart of Chaos, sadly I had to sacrifice the empire and most of my people to do it but my theories were correct at least.

I very nearly succeeded until Aya and the goddess Reva battled me in the chaos and prevented my merging with the heart, however the girl's love for her brother prevented Reva from destroying me and so I spent one thousand years imprisoned within that accursed crystal watching what little of my race dwindle away as they mated with the lesser races and assured the Arcadian's extinction!

My intentions are simple barbarian--I will reform the Omni-Gem, merge with the Heart of Chaos and recreate this twisted world in my own image FREE from the tyranny of the gods!"

He extended his arms dramatically as a large two handed sword formed in his right hand,likely the morph blade belonging to Aya's brother.

((In short, any human looking race is likely the result of surviving Arcadians having children with other races.))

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2080 on: March 06, 2015, 03:35:49 AM
Sakura and Calien looked at each other as the massive amount of Deja vu just hit them like a ton of bricks.

"I don't think the Gods were ever a problem....." Calien stated "I think you just have no god damn heart or empathy."

"Not to mention you're a lousy spoiled brat of a coward and a sore loser who decided to throw the game board at the wall when they couldn't have their way." Sakura continued "Honestly 'academic pursuits' more like a text book case of power lust."

"I think that Doll woman was wrong...." Calien continued "Arcadia wasn't destroyed when the Precursors when extinct.....it lives on in their descendants.  And now you want to betray your people for a misguided view that would surely destroy everything they worked for......that's unforgivable."

"How dare you sully your people's last wish!" Sakura roared. "You can't do that!"

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2081 on: March 06, 2015, 03:46:17 AM
"I don't expect a barbarian to understand my grand plans for the future. Now--I do believe I've entrained this banter long enough." Suddenly Mar just wasn't there, having cast a time spell he re-appeared in the center of the group just as Aya managed to get up. Plunging the blade into the ground at his feet a massive explosion of raw mana sent them all flying dangerously close to the edge of the tower.

((No you cannot beat the main villain this early.  8D ))

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #2082 on: March 06, 2015, 03:51:20 AM
Fxeni careened towards the edge of the tower. He pulled out his spear and stabbed it into the ground, slowing him to a stop just before the edge.

"Wouldn't you just be making yourself a god in that case? Wouldn't you be turning yourself into the very thing you wish to destroy?" Fxeni states as he stands back up. He looks around for an exit, knowing that the group was in no state to fight him now. He looks up at the airship that was still docked, and started to formulate a plan.

(The airship still exists right? If not I'll edit this :P)

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2083 on: March 06, 2015, 03:51:38 AM
The Professor, already near the edge of the roof, went tumbling toes-over-topside and skidded right over the side.  His hood and bag strap snagged an outcropping as he fell and he dangled precariously by his robe.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2084 on: March 06, 2015, 03:54:05 AM
((Airship does indeed still exist))

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2085 on: March 06, 2015, 03:56:08 AM
Calien was nearly driven toward the edge making sure that he and Pema didn't fall off the Tower while Riagan and Sakura helped the Professor up.

Calien then followed Fxeni's gaze as he started to understand what he was thinking about.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #2086 on: March 06, 2015, 04:06:49 AM
Fxeni nodded slightly at Calien and pointed his spear at Mar. He intended to distract Mar as long as possible while the others boarded the airship.

"What do you intend to do with this city?" Fxeni asked Mar in a serious tone.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2087 on: March 06, 2015, 04:10:59 AM
(( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5emSlt-4X9w  Battle music if you need ambiance!  Because it think I accidentally based Mar off of Xehenort with the whole body stealing thing 8D ))

"I have no interest in this slum of a city, it will fall into chaos with the rest of this world once I merge with the heart. Now--Aya I merely have to kill you and the gods will no longer have the ability to interact with the physical world." He points his blade at the last guardian directly as she takes a combat stance with the goddess blade.

"I-I remember you!" Aya exclaimed eyes widened. "R-Rei! Brother! Please fight him!"

"Your brother can't hear you Aya!" Mar sneered as he charged locking blades with Aya.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2088 on: March 06, 2015, 04:19:51 AM
Wriggling free of Sakura and Riagan, the Professor dug through his bag as he ran toward Mar.  "An, an, an impostor!  M-mar is not your brother!  A doppelganger!  A doppelganger!  That voice, that voice, that voice is... he spoke in my head!  He took the form of my master!  He is not my master and he is not your brother!"

He produced the pilfered Shadow Blade and sliced at Mar once he was in range.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2089 on: March 06, 2015, 04:22:25 AM
(I don't know even though it's not appropriate and I find it highly overrated I feel like listening to One Winged Angel instead....I mean I like One Winged Angel but there's so many better final boss songs out there, like Dancing Mad.

Also hopefully PB doesn't get too far left behind when he gets back.)

"Prof it's too dangerous!" Sakura cried as Riagan immediately ran over to hit Mar with his Hammer.

"Filthy coward!" he roared "You shall not harm these people!"

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2090 on: March 06, 2015, 04:26:24 AM
Mar with an upward slash broke the clash and kicked Aya back before swinging his giant sword with horrifying speed not only countering the two but also forcing them back quite a bit. Raising his hand up into the air a ball of flame swirled and launched out toward the sky. "FLARE!" Mar yelled as the fire pillar exploded and began to rain down on the tower AND the town.

((Spells like Flare, Holy, Ultima are lost to modern times. Mar was the most powerful mage in history after all. Yes he has Ultima!  8D ))

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #2091 on: March 06, 2015, 04:29:41 AM
"Oh for the love of... get on the bloody airship!" Fxeni exclaims in frustration as he watches everyone start to rush towards Mar and get flicked away with little effort. Rubbing his temple, he decides to get on the airship himself to get it started up for when things inevitably go very bad.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2092 on: March 06, 2015, 04:30:54 AM
(Guess we need to come up with some bull [parasitic bomb] spells that Sakura has to imbune in her blade that is not Holy.  Maybe Bravely Default's Dark as well since that's the Ultimate Black Mage Spell since Flare doesn't exist.)

"Holy [parasitic bomb] run!" Sakura cried as she, Riagan, and Calien with Pema in tow ran towards the Airship.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2093 on: March 06, 2015, 04:33:20 AM
The Professor started for the airship, but stopped and turned around.  "Aya!  We, we can't do anything here!  We have to go!  We have to go!  I'm--we're... we're not leaving without you!"

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2094 on: March 06, 2015, 04:38:53 AM
Aya continued to clash with Mar but it was clear in her current state she was going to lose without the god's power. "Ngh--GIVE MY BROTHER BACK MAR!" She yells before being sent flying back.

Regaining her footing she realized the others where right, there was no way to win right now and their battle was only going to endanger the town further. Holding her blade forward it emitted a blinding light at Mar giving the party the chance to withdraw to the airship.

"Aaaargh!" Mar Yelled covering his eyes. "This isn't over you soulless puppet! I will find you!"

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2095 on: March 06, 2015, 04:40:58 AM
"Aya hurry up!" Sakura cried as she and the others reached the Airship.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2096 on: March 06, 2015, 04:42:57 AM
Aya reached the Airship and glanced back, to finally remember everything and to have failed in her duty and promise was maddening. "Brother--"

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #2097 on: March 06, 2015, 04:45:38 AM
"Here's to hoping I remember how to fly one of these..." Fxeni said as he began to lift off now that everyone was boarded.

(/Salute to the Cheval, which didn't get the flashy end it deserved.

Unless Albertus and Shadow Master steal it, therefore allowing it to have it's final moment of glory eventually... 8D)

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #2098 on: March 06, 2015, 04:46:41 AM
(( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5emSlt-4X9w  Battle music if you need ambiance!  Because it think I accidentally based Mar off of Xehenort with the whole body stealing thing 8D ))

(Coincidentally, Master Xehanort's goal is to merge with the true Kingdom Hearts; the one that emerged during the Keyblade War. That matches with Mar's goal to merge with the Heart of Chaos.

This is plagiarism, Blue! 8D)

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2099 on: March 06, 2015, 04:47:56 AM
Once he was sure that Aya had boarded the airship, the Professor finally joined the rest of the party.  He limped over to Aya and reached up to put a hand on her shoulder.  "It's not, it's not too late, all is not lost.  We are not retreating, but, but, but rather, but rather a strategic relocation, yes?"