The Mana-Verse

Blue Valkyrie · 232315

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2025 on: March 05, 2015, 03:47:54 AM
The Mecha surged with energy twitching before multiple explosions rocked the mecha's frame and leaving only the cockpit head rolling on the ground, white beard tumbling out onto the ground.
"Gnnn...arr--what madness--how?!" he reaches for his pipe.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #2026 on: March 05, 2015, 03:53:27 AM
"Because you're a moron." Sakura answered "And a coward too."

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2027 on: March 05, 2015, 04:08:02 AM
White Beard grabbed his hate and cowered on the ground clearly no longer a threat, leaving only Albertus and Shadow Master left in between them and the Omni-Gem.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2028 on: March 05, 2015, 04:10:44 AM
(I honestly didn't see that coming.)

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #2029 on: March 05, 2015, 04:11:11 AM
"...Yes....yes I have." Calien nodded "I've certainly have felt like that before.  At least several times in my life."

Pema stared at Calien, then looked down, "It's a terrible feeling, isn't it? Not only are you disappointing others, but a part of you feels like you're letting down yourself..."

She applied pressure to the ice bag on her ankle, "... One time a couple of bandits broke into our house. They said my Dad had something that they wanted. One of them... the man with the green eyes raided my parents' room while the other kept watch of me and Mommy. I remember it clearly; Mommy held me close, and she prayed under her breath, over and over. The man... the man said he'd kill her if she didn't... if she didn't shut up..."

Pema choked on those final words, her eyes watering as she partially pulled down her hat in front of her face, "She stopped and the green eyed man came back with a weird-looking jewelry box in his hands. Dad pleaded with him to leave me and Mommy out of this. The man laughed. He pushed Daddy onto the floor and yelled at him, demanding money. My dad pleaded again, then... the man pulled out a knife."

Her voice became slightly hoarse, "It was my turn to yell. I grabbed the kitchen knife on the table next to me... I started to swing. I swung as hard as I could, yelling at the men to leave us alone. But, I didn't want to actually hurt them... I didn't wish them any harm or ill-will. I felt sorry for them. They looked so... lost. The green eyed man, he- he kneeled in front of me and I raised the knife even higher, my grip becoming numb from fright. He grinned, one of his right teeth missing and he whispered to me, "Are you going to stop me, little girl?"

Pema went silent for a moment, almost as if she was in a momentary trance. Slowly, she gazed into Calien's eyes, "... I couldn't. I couldn't stop him. He saw me- right through me. A small, useless girl who couldn't even fight back. I tried, too, though! I really did! ... In my head, I thought about striking him, but I could never go through with it. I couldn't bear to hurt another human being. My family... I wasn't able to defend my own family. The other man, he held his dagger to my dad's throat, so he couldn't move. He reached into Daddy's pockets and pulled out all the money he had. Mommy bent down and picked me up, bringing my face close to her cheek. I could feel her tears on my skin..."

She leaned against the wall, "Thankfully, they left us... but they got what they came for. Our money and Daddy's mysterious box. Just now, when that Shadow Man thing struck me down and I was unable to fight and defend... I was immediately brought right back to my house. The day I failed to protect my family. And now I failed you guys... my new family."

Pema clenched her fists, her face becoming red and her mouth quivering, "Whenever I think I might be strong enough... I always end up failing! Time and time again..." She covered her face with her hands, tears rolling down her cheeks, "I don't know what's wrong with me... I... I really don't..."

Her voice cracked as she buried her face into Calien's arms, attempting to stop her tears.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 03:50:17 PM by Phi »

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2030 on: March 05, 2015, 04:21:16 AM
Calien embraced her and stroked her back to comfort her.

"It's okay Pema....it's okay." Calien said as some of the memories of his failures and actions he regreted flooded through him as her experiences were similar to his, albeit in different ways.

(Oh my god Peam! O^O)

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #2031 on: March 05, 2015, 04:29:50 AM
(PEAM O^O)

The Professor kept his eyes on Shadow Master and slowly raised his arms in a show of surrender.  Once his hands were almost up, he chopped the heel of his hand into the inside of Shadow Master's wrist, while his other hand folded the man's own wrist over.  The Professor maneuvered his hands to grab Shadow Master's wrist and forearm, wrenching his arm backwards at a stiff angle to force him to the ground.

((This was a disarming technique I learned in karate years ago.  Kung Fu Prof is more of Ishinryu Karate Master Prof, but that doesn't have as good a ring to it. :P))
Shadow Master was surprised, Albertus even more so, seeing the Professor executed that move with ferocity.

"How could you... How DARE YOU!"

With his free arm, Shadow Master threw a smoke bomb, hoping to distract the Professor long enough to escape the grab. Meanwhile, Albertus turned his gaze to see White Beard groveling.

"Zhat fool fell fazter zhen expected..." 

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2032 on: March 05, 2015, 04:37:14 AM
((Peam, jeeze.  O^O))

((Going to wait before Albertus/Shadow Master and Prof finish before [parasitic bomb] hits the fan--err stuff happens!  8D ))

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2033 on: March 05, 2015, 04:53:16 AM
(PEAM O^O)
Shadow Master was surprised, Albertus even more so, seeing the Professor executed that move with ferocity.

"How could you... How DARE YOU!"

With his free arm, Shadow Master threw a smoke bomb, hoping to distract the Professor long enough to escape the grab. Meanwhile, Albertus turned his gaze to see White Beard groveling.

"Zhat fool fell fazter zhen expected..." 

The Professor coughed, but didn't release Shadow Master's arm.  Holding tight, he rocked his weight to his back foot and swung his braced leg into the back of Shadow Master's knees, hoping to finally knock the larger figure down.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #2034 on: March 05, 2015, 05:04:20 AM
(A caught ninja... Is a dead ninja. XD)

With a loud thud, Shadow Master fell, bruising his body, a lot more on his ego.

"What is happening!? Me!? Brought down by a midget monk!?"

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2035 on: March 05, 2015, 05:06:26 AM
Still with a solid grip on Shadow Master's arm, the Professor regarded him with a stern and level gaze, and then brought the heel of his bare foot down on Shadow Master's solar plexus.

((This is stuff I learned in my first year of karate.  I was still a white belt.))

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #2036 on: March 05, 2015, 05:08:51 AM
"I'll keep an eye on... this one," Fxeni said menacingly as he pointed his short spear at White Beard.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2037 on: March 05, 2015, 05:11:02 AM
Sakura nodded as she understood that Fxeni wanted to make sure he didn't escape and then walked over to the Prof ready to intervene if Shadow Master broke free.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #2038 on: March 05, 2015, 05:34:28 AM
Despite been a Precursor creation, the amount of pain Shadow Master is currently experiencing was totally unknown to him. Even his previous battle with Aya did not give him such anguish. He barely managed to pull out a Shadow Blade with his free arm, and threw it upwards.

Albertus just facepalmed. "Juzt a little longer..."

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #2039 on: March 05, 2015, 05:38:17 AM
(You know, I'm kind of glad that I couldn't fit Pema into WilyRP.

I think she works better in this setting.)

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2040 on: March 05, 2015, 05:43:51 AM
The blade sliced up the length of his leg, and the Professor fell backwards onto his rear, finally releasing Shadow Master's arm.  He gritted his teeth and gripped his leg with both hands.  His thick robe had afforded him at least some protection, so the gash was superficial.  Nevertheless, it hurt and stung like the dickens.

Doing his best to ignore the pain, the Professor dragged himself to his feet.  He couldn't let his guard down even for a moment.  "An... an Acolyte... an Acolyte of the Order will not fall to the likes of you!"

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2041 on: March 05, 2015, 05:45:58 AM
As the group finished up with the Mecha and began to focus on Shadow, Doll Master continued his ritual, the three fragments of Reva floated in front of the Omni-Gem ominously glowing. "Fight all you want Reva--you have failed." He says silently to himself.

((Don't interfere with Mask Master for now))

Aya who had to climb over the wreckage began to advance on Shadow Master.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2042 on: March 05, 2015, 05:52:47 AM
((Is Doll Master fair game?))

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #2043 on: March 05, 2015, 05:53:56 AM
"YOU FOOLS!!"

In a state of sheer rage, Shadow Master got onto one knee, and threw out waves upon waves of Shadow Blades.

"YOU WILL ALL PAY!!"

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2044 on: March 05, 2015, 06:06:40 AM
((Is Doll Master fair game?))

((I think we had this discussion, Doll Master is dead; Mask Master just copied her powers back before.  8D ))

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2045 on: March 05, 2015, 06:19:22 AM
Sakura kept dodging the Shadow Blades, with some grazing her in the process, but she steadily continued her advance to get within striking distances of Shadow Master.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #2046 on: March 05, 2015, 06:22:47 AM
Fxeni dodged and deflected the Shadow Blades. As he dodged, he looked at White Beard and had an idea. He picked him up by the collar and held him in front of him.

"You're going to be my shield for a little while, if you don't mind..." Fxeni said as he slowly pushed his way towards Shadow Master.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2047 on: March 05, 2015, 06:25:04 AM
(Damn Fxeni, though I honestly don't blame the guy.)

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2048 on: March 05, 2015, 06:26:55 AM
"W-what are you doing you blasted sea urchin!" White Beard pathetically attempted to wiggle free but he was hardly fit enough to escape Fxeni's grasp.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #2049 on: March 05, 2015, 06:31:13 AM
"Just using you as you used this town, quite simple really," Fxeni replied, hardening his grip as White Beard attempts to shake free.