Aloha AOHA! ALPHA OMEGA HOENN ADVENTURE!

Quickman · 38023

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #450 on: December 07, 2014, 11:50:12 AM
Scizor stopped playing with his blanket and crouched with it wrapped tightly around him.  He looked to Illana.  "Skee-zor is undesirable?"

"Scizor is my buddy," Illana assured him and gave him some smushed marshmallows, which he accepted. 

She looked Fenice. "It's pretty common knowledge that dillweeds dump their Pokemon, you know?  What're we supposed to do about it?  Stalk the daycare and kick everyone's ass if they even think of dumping off some baby?"

Scizor covered his head with his blanket and looked at Fenice. "Skee-zor's not a baby!  No crib for Skee-zor!"

(And I must bed.)

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #451 on: December 07, 2014, 12:06:05 PM
Fenice turned to Illana.

"Of course not. That is too time-consuming, and resource extensive. Which is where our rallies come into play. We rally up the local population, and giving them the same enlightening that we achieve, they help us with our goals for the Pokemon!"

Gai just stared and scratched his head.

"You all totally lost me at Kalos."

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #452 on: December 07, 2014, 06:33:49 PM
"Maybe if this fool actually had access to the numbers he would know that each year releasing Pokemon by trainers has actually been decreasing and Kalos actually has the lowest release rate of all regions because of the concept of adoption trading which starts at the daycare." Z thought "That poor fool really doesn't know what he's talking about.  Though......that Scizor really bothers me.  What happened to the poor thing?"

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #453 on: December 07, 2014, 06:50:45 PM
(May want to get Pyro on the case.  When half of what Scizor says is a word salad, it's going to be hard to get reliable information out of him.)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #454 on: December 07, 2014, 06:56:14 PM
(Probably, the only thing I can guess is crib=cage.)

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #455 on: December 07, 2014, 07:03:34 PM
(Let's just say that at some point, Scizor ended up with a trainer who was far worse than Paul the abusive [dark hold].  He's changed hands ever since because other trainers didn't know how to handle him.)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #456 on: December 07, 2014, 07:07:40 PM
(Yeah I figured that was the case.)

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #457 on: December 07, 2014, 08:56:07 PM
Illana looked from Fenice, to Gai, back to Fenice, and then to Scizor, who was sitting on the ground with his blanket over his head like a cheap ghost costume.  Dropping her gaze, Illana chewed on her bottom lip and made a show of rummaging through her bag so as not to betray her thoughts.

When she had first acquired Scizor, his former trainer had told her to talk to his original trainer, and had suggested that she make the trip to Snowbelle City and speak to Wulfric.  Scizor's original trainer had also suggested taking the Pokemon to the Pokemon House in Kanto.

Both trainers had expressed considerable concern over Scizor's wellbeing, and his original trainer was enraged that someone would abuse his former Pokemon like that.  However, neither knew who did it, or even what exactly happened to Scizor.  Neither of them had the time to devote to Scizor's care, but they remained in contact with Illana to attempt to supply her with outlets and resources that she could use. 

When Illana was handed Scizor's Poke Ball, his former trainer pleaded with her to never consider trading him no matter how difficult he became.  Scizor needed stability, and the other trainer couldn't provide it adequately due to competition training.  Illana promised to never trade the Pokemon and to help him to the best of her abilities.  She even promised to never use him in battle.

Though, she was surprised to learn that Scizor was a competent battler and seemed to enjoy battling.  When Illana did use him in battle, he proved to be a fierce fighter who strove for perfection and victory, and followed directions to the letter.  All he wanted in return was assurance that he was performing well.

Finally finishing her contemplation, Illana rooted through her bag some more and pulled out a bottle of Moomoo Milk, which she uncapped.  Lifting the corner of the blanket, she handed it to Scizor. "Thirsty?"

Scizor took the bottle and covered himself with the blanket once more.

On Illana's shoulder, Zubat picked up on his trainer's silence. "Somethin' buggerin' ye, lass?"

"Just thinking," Illana shrugged and kept her answer vague, as she didn't want Fenice to overhear and pick up on her thoughts.  She didn't trust the man, despite his seemingly noble intentions.

(Long post is long.)

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #458 on: December 08, 2014, 09:13:31 AM
Fenice was looking at Scizor intently. He had never seen such a traumatized Pokemon before. To think that such abusive Trainers still existed.

"I can't help but ask... How did you come to have this Scizor in your possession?"

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #459 on: December 08, 2014, 09:25:24 AM
"Got him in a trade," Illana said simply.  She sat down on the ground beside Scizor, who was muttering something while still covered in his blanket.  She lifted the blanket and folded it around the back of his neck and shoulders.

Scizor looked at her for a moment, and then crushed his finished bottle of Moomoo Milk in his pincers.  He then held one pincer up to his eye and peered at Gai while snapping it. "Skee-zor CLUSH your head!  Clush!  Clush!"

Illana patted him on the shoulder as the Pokemon repeated the motion while looking at Goh. "I was at a trade fair, and another trainer was looking for someone who would be willing to take care of Scizor, because he didn't have the time to do so.  He wanted to make sure that Scizor ended up with a good trainer.  I offered to take him and here we are."

Scizor looked at Illana and leaned against her. "Skee-zor love his mommy!"

Illana smiled and gave his chitinous shoulders a hug.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #460 on: December 08, 2014, 09:30:50 AM
Fenice looked at the way the Scizor was playing with his pincers, and looked at the general direction of Gai, and then Goh.

"Have you ever used him in a battle? How does he take to your commands?"

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #461 on: December 08, 2014, 09:51:04 AM
"A couple times.  His former trainer said that was okay, because battling seemed to help him.  He listens really well and can hold his own better than most of my team," Illana nodded.

On her shoulder, Zubat moved his head as if he were rolling his nonexistent eyes. "Well, 'at's a given.  'E's fully-evolved."

Scizor looked up at Illana with a smile. "Skee-zor's a good boy!  Skee-zor fight good!"

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
  • Short for Sapphire Knight
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #462 on: December 08, 2014, 10:07:32 AM
Goh quietly listened to Illana speak, along with Scizor's chattering as she slowly looked around. She couldn't help but shake the feeling that they were being watched, but she didn't feel too threatened by whoever was watching them, so she pretended to be admiring the beauty of the woods. "Even though the ecosystem took some damage from introduced species, it seems to have bounced back to be hardier than before."

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #463 on: December 08, 2014, 12:10:13 PM
"A couple times.  His former trainer said that was okay, because battling seemed to help him.  He listens really well and can hold his own better than most of my team," Illana nodded.

On her shoulder, Zubat moved his head as if he were rolling his nonexistent eyes. "Well, 'at's a given.  'E's fully-evolved."

Scizor looked up at Illana with a smile. "Skee-zor's a good boy!  Skee-zor fight good!"
Fenice nodded at Illana.

"That's a small bit of relief. However, looking at your Scizor's mannerisms... It is still very heartbreaking. And even right now, I can see and deduce he wants recognition. Something that was denied to him. Something that's a core basic to a Pokemon's self-esteem... The original trainer disgusts me.

Trying to change the subject, Fenice turned to look at Goh.
Goh quietly listened to Illana speak, along with Scizor's chattering as she slowly looked around. She couldn't help but shake the feeling that they were being watched, but she didn't feel too threatened by whoever was watching them, so she pretended to be admiring the beauty of the woods. "Even though the ecosystem took some damage from introduced species, it seems to have bounced back to be hardier than before."
"Perhaps. However, no one can be that sure. Not even the... Regional Professor."

The last 2 words were said in a rather seething voice, like comtempt.

"All I'm saying is that we at Team Fauna must continue to educate the masses. Rustboro was not built in a day. A lone Cutter helped to pave the way to the eventual city. Everyone, no matter how young, has a part to play to save the Pokemon around them. And one way is to release them, and to treat them as equals. Not pets, not sparring buddies, EQUALS!"

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #464 on: December 08, 2014, 03:03:37 PM
"Does this man....hate my father?" Z thought to herself "But why?  This poor fool...is dangerous.  Although kind he has no idea what he's talking about, if everyone releases their Pokemon the ecosystem would become more damaged and the Pokemon themselves would be in danger due to fierce competition with each other for reasources.  It's like Plasma all over again, it's.....like N all over again."

Offline Pyro

• Wielder of the Chaos Force
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Boo yeah!
    • View Profile
Reply #465 on: December 08, 2014, 05:45:22 PM
A top hat gently dropped down from the canopy of the woods and fluttered in the breeze where it landed topside-up in front of the group. A black-sleeved arm with a white glove extended from seemingly out of nowhere and reached inside the hat to pull out... Pyro by his knit cap. The (now) Slateport Gym bowed to what was inaudible applause.

"Thank you, thank you! I'll be here Thursday! Try the roast Unfeasant!"

Come and read some Thoughts of a Platypus

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #466 on: December 08, 2014, 05:55:03 PM
Gai just stared at the stranger that appeared from within a top hat, while Fenice's face turned red.

"Roast... UNFEAZANT!?"

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #467 on: December 08, 2014, 06:01:33 PM
"Guess the dude is also a vegetarian." Z facepalmed and smiled despite herself.  Pyro always knew how to get one's blood pressure to boil, and she always found it amusing. 

The monochrome Shroomish was confused at what was going on but kept silent.

Offline Pyro

• Wielder of the Chaos Force
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Boo yeah!
    • View Profile
Reply #468 on: December 08, 2014, 06:20:58 PM
"If you don't like that you can try the Emboar tenderloin with Cherrim glaze! Compliments of the chef!" 8)

At about that time, Pyro's "magic" turned Fenice's face green and a herd of Doduo and Dodrio came stampeding towards him.

"Green means go!"  8D

Come and read some Thoughts of a Platypus

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #469 on: December 08, 2014, 07:29:27 PM
Scizor looked from Pyro to Illana, and then pointed a pincer at Pyro. "He like Skee-zor!"

"What, abused to the point of crazy?" Zubat grumbled.

Illana just chewed on her bottom lip and held Scizor close.  Fenice was wrong about Scizor's original trainer; the trainer didn't abuse the Pokemon and was outraged to learn that someone had.  No one knew who the abuser was, and from the way Scizor babbled and his mannerisms, it was more than just a simple lack of recognition.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #470 on: December 08, 2014, 08:21:15 PM
"Hmm I think an Emboar Tenderloin would taste better with a Combee Honey glaze." Z mused "Though honestly a Pignite tastes better, Emboar is too rough tasting."

(Lol at Sakura just ignoring the Doduo and Dodrio stampede and thinking about being a food critic.)

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #471 on: December 08, 2014, 08:23:36 PM
"Skee-zor like Grumpig bacon crispy on the edges!"

Illana's own stomach growled.  All this talk of food was making her hungry for scrambled Eggsecute.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #472 on: December 08, 2014, 08:25:13 PM
Z personally thought Grumpigs are too stringy and thinks Tepigs are perfect for bacon, though it is very expensive.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #473 on: December 08, 2014, 08:29:09 PM
(Spoinkchops, Deerling venison, fried Combusken drumsticks...  I am soooooo hungry. D: )

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #474 on: December 08, 2014, 08:30:32 PM
(Oh god this entire thing is hilarious.  And also remember N is not a vegetarian.)