Pyro · 135284

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1650 on: January 25, 2014, 12:30:37 AM
(I guess I'll take him.  Happy professional, with an eye for the ladies, and a smattering of French.  I can pull that off...)

After a moment, Sycamore answered.

"Salut!  Hello!  Trak, how're things going in Hoenn?  Having a good time?"

"Unfortunately, no," Trak shook her head. "Things came up.  We ended up with an abused Zoroark, and Runaway scanned its mind.  He hasn't been the same since, and the scan went bad and I had to have Twoey go into the Zoroark's mind and fish him out."

"Oh dear...  How is he?"

"Depressed, scared, and really distant," Trak rubbed Runaway's shoulder. "After Twoey fished him out, he was really disoriented.  Nurse Joy looked at him and prescribed a mild sedative, but that was really all she did: look at him."

"I see, I see.  How bad did the mind meld go?"

"He got a nosebleed before I sent Twoey in," Trak explained. "Like I said, he got lost and Twoey had to intervene, and he hasn't been right since."

"Hm...  If you're near a larger Pokemon Center, have Nurse Joy run some tests and fax the results to me.  We'll proceed from there.  Runaway should be fine, but he'll need time to recover, and I'd like to rule out anything else.  A head scan and EEG will suffice.  If you can do one, request a sleep study.  He should be fine, but we'll make sure nothing else is going on, all right?"

"Okay, thanks, I'll see what I can do," Trak nodded and handed the Holocaster to Sakura.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #1651 on: January 25, 2014, 12:34:07 AM
"Hi Augustine first I would like to thank you for the package you sent me a little while ago I really appreciate it." Sakura smiled before she got serious. "There's something I must ask about your research, especially concerning the stuff you do with Runaway."

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #1652 on: January 25, 2014, 12:35:44 AM
It had been many years since Taylor had spoken to Sycamore, not since the Team Flare trouble had been wrapped up. As such, hearing his voice after all that time sent her into a momentary reverie, thinking of all that stuff. Such as when she'd first met Trak, or when she'd explored the power plant back home... Of course bad memories such as when she lost her original team came up too... A lot had happened in that time, and she was surprised at how well she was handling it all.

(Had to quickly come up with a reason why my team was all unevolved and low-leveled even though I obviously helped stop Team Flare and challenged the Elite Four. Might elaborate on that further but probably not)

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1653 on: January 25, 2014, 12:38:20 AM
"Sure!  What can I help you with?"

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1654 on: January 25, 2014, 12:43:11 AM
(Oh yeah whenever you have the chance, you must throw in at least one Fantastic when he's talking.)

"I can understand the part about using the mind melding method on a Pokemon from the Pokemon village as they can be sometimes hard to deal with, especially with traumatic experiences.  But why is it a regular part of your research when you want to determine migratory patterns and social structures of Pokemon when there are less invasive methods?" Sakura asked bluntly.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #1655 on: January 25, 2014, 12:54:07 AM
"Cause he's crazy," Taylor thought aloud. "All us Kalosians are crazy, it's a perk of being from there... Wait, did I say that out loud?"

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1656 on: January 25, 2014, 01:01:53 AM
"Yes....Yes you did." Xuangzang confirmed.

"Chespin!" Arthur cried in agreement

"Does that include the Pokemon normally found there too?" Xuangzang asked with a raised eyebrow.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1657 on: January 25, 2014, 01:03:18 AM
"Oh, Douglas's project?  He's looking into behavior and whether or not it plays a role in a colony's migratory patterns, should that species migrate.  Mainly, he studies social structure.  Fantastic research, actually.  Many species won't readily divulge their secrets, and that's why he uses trained Alakazams.  It also gives us nice insight into trainer-Pokemon dynamics when Psychics are trained by non-psychics.

"Runaway tends to work with Pokemon Village captures, mainly.  Though, if someone brings in a rare from out near Victory Road, we've been able to determine why many of those Pokemon will actively attack other trainers.  It can be quite unsettling to be minding your own business, only to be dive-bombed by an aggressive Skarmory.  With Runaway's help, we've determined a loose behavioral pattern, which has protected many trainers."

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #1658 on: January 25, 2014, 01:11:29 AM
"Ah. Oh well, still true. There's a touch of insanity in everything in Kalos. Some aren't affected by it much, while others give in and allow it to awaken their darkest urges... I had to get out of there, couldn't very well let myself go completely insane... 'Ey Sakura, let me talk to the Professor when you're done please."

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1659 on: January 25, 2014, 01:19:48 AM
"Very well I respect the reason you presented on this phenomenon." Sakura nodded  "Though the part about the wild Pokemon attacks can simply be attributed to an invasion of territories.  These attacks usually happen in areas where Trainers typically train their Pokemon, especially when those trainers purposefully attack wild Pokemon either to make their Teams stronger or wanting to catch a specific Pokemon with specific traits.  

In fact Aurea Juniper has been monitoring the Audino population in case of a decline in their species since records show that some trainers are specifically hunting them on the account of some rumors that defeating Audinos makes Pokemon grow faster and the fact that these Pokemon are capable of using Heal Pulse on their Pokemon since they can only use it on other Pokemon.  

Though do be careful with this research, it sounds pretty dangerous for the one doing the mind melding and the target of said mind melding."

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1660 on: January 25, 2014, 01:25:22 AM
"Douglas is pretty much done with the field research, anyway.  We usually monitor any mind melds and often have other Psychics on hand, just in case.  What happened to Runaway sounds like an isolated incident.  Where did you get the Zoroark?"

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1661 on: January 25, 2014, 01:26:48 AM
".....Are you familiar with a Dr. Wily II?" Sakura asked.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1662 on: January 25, 2014, 01:34:47 AM
There was a long pause as Sycamore thought.

"I know I've seen his name, but for the life of me, I can't remember where..."

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1663 on: January 25, 2014, 03:05:48 AM
Sakura sighed as she a long explanation ahead of her.

"Dr. Wily II's history is rather complicated and full of things I don't exactly want to disclose at the moment. But what I can tell is that he's a dangerous scientist who is just as unethical as Xerosic if not more so, was formerly employed in Team Rocket and is now working for Team Flora.  He attempted to kidnap Runaway to help him with his Powder experiments, to alter it to have mind control capabilities or something.  

Mr. Zoroark was given to another of our trainers disguised as a Diggersby to keep tabs on us, and he attempted to brainwash both Trak and the other Trainer to cover his tracks but there were too many holes that he couldn't fill, especially since the other Trainer never had a Diggersby.  At first I thought Mr. Zoroark was personally trained by Dr. Wily but when I tried talking to him I found out that I was wrong.  This Pokemon was from the Pokemon village and like many Pokemon found there he kept his distance from humans.  He had a wife and 5 kids and all of them were captured by Wily using an aircraft if what Runaway described was correct.  

Wily seemed to have had his eye on Runaway for quite some time, probably because he belonged to a Champion and as a result proven to be strong, not to mention he was the one who personally arranged for Trak to travel to Hoenn so I suspect he capture Mr. Zoroark and his family for that purpose.  The fact that Mr. Zoroark is capable of using Extrasensory, which a Zoroark cannot learn unless somewhere along the way one of his ancestors was either a Nintails or Shiftry, seems to support that theory.

With Mr. Zoroark's family held captive and his Psychic Pokemon putting up a barrier in Mr. Zoroark's mind, Mr. Zoroark had no choice but to follow Dr. Wily's orders.  That's why Runaway mind melded with him."

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #1664 on: January 25, 2014, 04:45:30 AM
Joe was looking at the Holo-Caster with gleaming eyes from behind.

"Wish I had one."

"You want everything."

"I know right!"

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1665 on: January 25, 2014, 08:23:48 AM
Sycamore was quiet for a moment as he listened.  He then looked off-camera and did something no one could see, presumably typing.  After a while, he sat back, then he looked back at the camera. "What do you plan to do?  Stupid question, I know, as you plan to go after him and there's really nothing I can do to stop you." He looked at his computer again and messed with it some more. "I did a quick search and managed to find some old, declassified projects of his.  I know you've taken down other organizations, but this Wily fellow has a certain je ne sais quoi."

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #1666 on: January 25, 2014, 08:35:02 AM
"He's so crazy he'd fit right in in Kalos," Taylor said loud enough for the Holo Caster to pick her voice up.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1667 on: January 25, 2014, 08:47:13 AM
"That is true Dr. Wily is most certainly not someone you should mess with blindly.  He's also quite the accomplished trainer, he was a gym leader I was myself at one point after all.  Not only that but he's commanded 2 Legendary Pokemon a Heatran, who we sometimes call Harry, who's currently at his gym after his Pokemon were confiscated by the Kanto police 3 years ago and his latest acquisition the Kalosian Legendary Pokemon Yveltal which as you know is the harbinger of death and destruction.  Even in light of my world saving escapades and accomplishments this will be most challenging.  

But even still I have to go after him, not only because of how dangerous he is but because he was also my friend and I must save him from himself so to speak." Sakura said with a certain fire in her eyes.  In fact there was so much fire and determination in her speech that her eyes took a slightly red tinge, a mark of the pact she made with Zekrom as the Hero of Ideals.  

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1668 on: January 25, 2014, 08:53:01 AM
Sycamore nodded slowly. "Like I said, I can't stop you.  Just be careful, all right?  Don't go rushing into this blindly; make sure your teams are well-rested.  Particularly Runaway; get him checked out before you do anything else and have the results faxed to me.  You'll need to take your time with this mission."

He looked to his computer again as he fell silent for a moment, scrolling through his search results.  He took the time to read one of them, mouthing what he was reading in a very low whisper that the microphone picked up as a slurred "zun zun zun."  He then grimaced and returned his gaze to the Holocaster. "Eesh.  Anyway, is there anything else?  I heard Taylor back there." He smiled again.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1669 on: January 25, 2014, 09:00:15 AM
"Yeah she's here." Sakura said as she hand the Holocaster to Taylor.  She noticed the look of disgust that Sycamore had before asking about Taylor, she had a feeling he found out about Wily's Alakazam.  "And don't worry I have my ear on the ground, Dialga on my side, Looker's investigations, Sidney spying on Team Flora's other movements, and the good fortune of the Lavaridge Gym Leader."

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #1670 on: January 25, 2014, 09:47:14 AM
"'Eyy... Sycamore... Long time no talk... Just wanted to ask if you could let the authorities know that Mr. Bonding was sighted here in Hoenn," she said.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1671 on: January 25, 2014, 09:54:08 AM
"Sure thing!" Sycamore gave a nod. "He hasn't been bothering you, has he?  Is this just a sighting?"

"He cornered me in a bathroom," Trak spoke up, still holding Runaway on her lap.  The Alakazam had fallen asleep. "Runaway came in and blinded him, and I got away."

"I see, I see," Sycamore nodded, "Anything else I should know?  I'm sending a lab order to the Center you're currently in, so Nurse Joy can get those tests done as soon as possible.  I don't want to stall you for too long, so we'll get those out of the way."

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1672 on: January 25, 2014, 09:59:25 AM
"I noticed that wince back there, you didn't happen to see something titled something along the lines of AC-065-Σ did you?" Sakura asked seriously.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #1673 on: January 25, 2014, 10:06:52 AM
"He also broke into my secret base last night and I woke up to him trying to cuddle with me. I managed to dump him into a hole in the base, not sure where it went, but hopefully he got launched out of a volcano or something for all I care," Taylor added.

(Of course, Taylor doesn't realize he actually was launched out of a volcano 8D)

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #1674 on: January 25, 2014, 10:10:33 AM
As Joe tried to overhear whatever the others were talking about, he noticed Zoroark acting slightly antsy again. Walking over, and rubbing Zoroark's tummy...

"Now, now... It's all right Zoroark... We will find your family..."

"... ... ... That... ... Feels... ... ... Rather nice... ..."

I'm watching you all. Always watching.