General RP Discussion topic

Police Girl · 178232

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #500 on: June 24, 2013, 06:03:20 AM
I mean, several of us have had complete godmod characters in RPs before (I know I did back during Busier World when I could just open portals at will to teleport whenever), or have tried to take the main spot in one (maybe that was just me in RPMvania ehehehe), but it's still more fun to be balanced with everyone else.

Oh god don't remind me, Busy World/Busier World was godmod central for me, Busy World moreso but still.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #501 on: June 24, 2013, 06:07:11 AM
That only proves my point that we've since learned how to balance things out.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #502 on: June 24, 2013, 06:09:04 AM
I'm surprise I'm able to balance things well it seems.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #503 on: June 24, 2013, 06:09:39 AM
Mewtwo is a god-mode character.  I mean, obviously, he is.  He's actually very difficult to work with because I need to find that fine line between powerful and ridiculously powerful.  I'm often toning down and nerfing his powers to keep him from being too damn powerful.

It's okay to have powerful characters, but even they require checks and balances to keep them from being too powerful.  Sometimes, knowing where that line is can be really difficult, so you may need to sucker-punch your character once or twice.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #504 on: June 24, 2013, 06:20:32 AM
I understand a person not liking others criticizing their ideas.

But from what I've seen, everyone has made great points in stating why having an overpowered, Godly character WITHOUT (significant) checks and balances is a bad thing. It's like what Mirby said: "I negate everything you did and almost kill you in one hit" was what MCH was going for, and I fail to see how that could be fun for anyone, including MCH himself.

That childish post was uncalled for. They were being nice to you and stated why it wouldn't work, and Tron even admitted your character may even be better than his. But you learn from your mistakes and you make improvements, so everyone can enjoy their participation. No one was screaming "Oh, your character [tornado fang]ing sucks". They were simply stating it's not ideal for an RP.

You haven't even seen raw, hurtful criticism, MCH. I don't want to see anymore of your childish behavior.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #505 on: June 24, 2013, 06:53:47 AM
Well after that he's either going to cool down or he's going to quit.

Or something different will happen, hard to say right now. Just depends on how maturely he takes this of course.

Perhaps its not my place to say, in fact it probably isn't.

Anyway, still sort of conflicted regarding the Temple. I'm thinking it'll just be sort of a single room thing instead of the thing it was going to be because I don't want to drag it out anymore.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #506 on: June 24, 2013, 07:06:04 AM
Anyway, still sort of conflicted regarding the Temple. I'm thinking it'll just be sort of a single room thing instead of the thing it was going to be because I don't want to drag it out anymore.
Funny, because I imagined it to be single room from the get go.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #507 on: June 24, 2013, 07:07:27 AM
Perfect, that works then. I thought of it being a big nasty labryinth but I don't want it to drag me away from the main story any more. I should probably get that taken care of then.

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
  • The guy feeding off on your hate
    • View Profile
Reply #508 on: June 24, 2013, 08:46:46 AM
His (failed) furry ecchi thread doesn't help either.

Do not mention that abomination, EVER.

Oh yes, I just remember another weakness. It was based on FRESCA. Since Hazard shows no affection to others, its quite obvious he'd weak to the power of love. And I'm pretty sure everyone knows who I'm talking about. Should I attempt to enter her mind, it would utterly backfire against me. Therefore, Vixy serves a purpose to Kathy for something.

The worst thing about a powerful villain is that he/she has a stupid fear of some sort. I wanted to create a villain that is fearless, but at least have power to support that. Unity chose to threaten Hazard, so I had to come up with something to negate that, I didn't want my villain to suddenly beg for mercy, NO, THAT IS NOT HOW MY CHARACTER WORKS! Should I have allowed Unity to utterly destroy my villain, yet I suddenly have nothing to negate that, then there be no point in Kathy joining the resistance, because she was only afraid of what I would do to her, not Wily II. She can just rest easy, and watch from a distance as Wily II's world domination plan utterly fail.

When you nagged that my villain is overpowered, you utterly destroyed my fun in RP-ing. I specifically made Kathy, to counter my abilities. Did none of you understand that? Without her, then there be no hope of defeating me. If you wanted my weakness so badly, all you needed was Kathy. Is it so difficult to ask? Because nobody asked how did she escape from me, it was obvious, I underestimated her abilities, she stole my precious, grabbed a rusty teleporter, miraculously ended up on Planet RPM, and caused a dilemma for me.

If the rules states that your villain must be utterly destroyed by the other heroes with no effort to maim them. Then... I'm out. I can't stand tasteless ideas of defeating a villain like that. It's like making a Chuck Norris movie where it was all one-sided in the heroes favor.

Fear me.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #509 on: June 24, 2013, 08:57:03 AM
your fun in rp-ing shouldn't come at the cost of literally everyone else's

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #510 on: June 24, 2013, 09:04:56 AM
You know, I was kicking around the idea of perhaps borrowing at least some of Yellow's traits (from the Adventures manga) and giving them to Quickie, mainly the empathy thing.  To make up for her overwhelming lack of decent trainer skills with a connection to her Pokemon.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #511 on: June 24, 2013, 09:06:13 AM
Go for it, Sakura can understand Pokemon so I don't see why not.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #512 on: June 24, 2013, 09:08:49 AM
I'm also kicking around another little plot idea, but that won't come into play for a loooooong while.  But, at the very least, I can use Quickie's emphatic connection to her advantage. 

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #513 on: June 24, 2013, 09:50:54 AM
Do not mention that abomination, EVER.

Oh yes, I just remember another weakness. It was based on FRESCA. Since Hazard shows no affection to others, its quite obvious he'd weak to the power of love. And I'm pretty sure everyone knows who I'm talking about. Should I attempt to enter her mind, it would utterly backfire against me. Therefore, Vixy serves a purpose to Kathy for something.

The worst thing about a powerful villain is that he/she has a stupid fear of some sort. I wanted to create a villain that is fearless, but at least have power to support that. Unity chose to threaten Hazard, so I had to come up with something to negate that, I didn't want my villain to suddenly beg for mercy, NO, THAT IS NOT HOW MY CHARACTER WORKS! Should I have allowed Unity to utterly destroy my villain, yet I suddenly have nothing to negate that, then there be no point in Kathy joining the resistance, because she was only afraid of what I would do to her, not Wily II. She can just rest easy, and watch from a distance as Wily II's world domination plan utterly fail.

When you nagged that my villain is overpowered, you utterly destroyed my fun in RP-ing. I specifically made Kathy, to counter my abilities. Did none of you understand that? Without her, then there be no hope of defeating me. If you wanted my weakness so badly, all you needed was Kathy. Is it so difficult to ask? Because nobody asked how did she escape from me, it was obvious, I underestimated her abilities, she stole my precious, grabbed a rusty teleporter, miraculously ended up on Planet RPM, and caused a dilemma for me.

If the rules states that your villain must be utterly destroyed by the other heroes with no effort to maim them. Then... I'm out. I can't stand tasteless ideas of defeating a villain like that. It's like making a Chuck Norris movie where it was all one-sided in the heroes favor.

No. No.

No. NO!

NO!

You don't understand ANYTHING!

In fact, you're so caught up in this whole "I WANT TO HAVE A POWERFUL VILLAIN THAT ONLY MY OWN CHARACTER CAN STOP!" thing, that you are absolutely missing the point.

So Vixy can be useful in defeating him too because power of love? And that's something you just didn't/forgot to mention? OH OKAY.

I'll tell you something:
When I had Unity make those threats to your Hazard, It didn't even cross my mind that he would beg for mercy or some [parasitic bomb]. I expected him to give out a threat or at least get angry or some [parasitic bomb].
And he did give a threat.

But he also went inside my own character's mind. To read all his secrets.

That was my first actual problem. But this is not about that anymore.

YOUR GOD CAN ONLY BE DEFEATED BY YOUR OWN CHARACTER, judging by what you are saying there. That would be fine if you were, like, writing your own story and [parasitic bomb].

But this is a joint effort. You aren't writing this alone. This is exactly what I've been considering various options with my Unity, Tron and The Observer.
And most of them include not just my own charas, but others as well, in defeating them.

And I don't even mean it like "I will write this alone using their characters". NO. My plans include it to be... guess what? A join effort. If the time will come for a confrontation with, say, Unity... I'll rather have everyone who will be fighting him a chance to do something and write their part.

But enough about my [parasitic bomb]. That's not what's actually important here.

Your problem is, you want an all powerful character, who has some of the most laughable weaknesses ever, and to top it off, only your OTHER character can actually present a threat to him. And as you said, she also has quite the powerset.

THIS IS THE CORE OF THE PROBLEM.

It's good to have [tornado fang]ing fun and [parasitic bomb], but if it's as Mirby says, and that if it comes at the cost of everyone else... that's uncool.

But you know what? I don't get myself.

Why am I wasting my time to explain this to you? I'm [tornado fang]ing getting pissed because of you, because you just don't understand. And you probably won't.
You either end up ragequitting or even something more stupid.

I literally had to fight with myself so that this post wouldn't consist mostly of calling you nasty names.

God, I need to [tornado fang]ing cool off.

And one more thing... I [tornado fang]ing regret even more now introducing all the goddamn bullshit with Tron, Unity and the like.
I think I'm going to [tornado fang]ing quickly erase them because after this, I don't want a single thing to do with "godly" characters.
At least not in a RP.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #514 on: June 24, 2013, 09:55:28 AM
despite all the rage evident in that post (which is well warranted), that was still very well said.

*golf claps*

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #515 on: June 24, 2013, 10:00:45 AM
So what are you going to do with your characters then SAKAKI?

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #516 on: June 24, 2013, 10:04:40 AM
Currently, in the Pokemon RP, Mewtwo could very well lay waste to Team Rocket's lair and leave.  Just nuke if from where he stands and leave.  But, that would be far too easy and uninteresting.  So, I had him conveniently "forget" to do that.  Instead, I'm presenting him with challenges.  Domino has organized her strike team, and they know that they're unmatched against Mewtwo.  They know that he can just blow the whole place up with but a nod.  But, they also know that he's still a living thing, and thus they can still stop him.  Even if they have to cheat and just load up with assault rifles.

Those are checks and balances.  Mewtwo could just wink everyone out of the room and make them all forget everything, and then teleport himself and the other characters away with minimal effort.  But, as I said, that's not fun.  Your character can do a hell of a lot more damage than Mewtwo, and take Mewtwo out while he's at it.  But, no one can stop your character except another one of your characters, whereas other characters can stop Mewtwo with varying methods.  The fact that no one else but your characters have your character's weakness is where the problem lies.

RPing with powerful characters can be fun, particularly if you need to figure out how to take them down in an efficient manner.  It makes you think differently about the situation and come up with interesting solutions to the challenges presented.  But, if no one can even stand a chance, it loses its fun, as the challenge can't be overcome whatsoever, except by one of your characters.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #517 on: June 24, 2013, 10:05:06 AM
Tron man, only you can produce such gold with your posts.

We've all said what we needed to say. It's all up to him... though I honestly fear for his maturity level.

That being said, I personally don't want you to erase Unity and the others. Don't let one guy ruin your fun.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #518 on: June 24, 2013, 10:06:42 AM
I would kinda have to retcon Asch saying that he has a crush on Sakura if you did to be honest.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #519 on: June 24, 2013, 10:08:19 AM
So what are you going to do with your characters then SAKAKI?

Well, I could kill off Unity in some way, perhaps, use Observer and speed up the whole resurrection of the "Red Eyed Prophet" thing. Then either kill off Tron, or keep him inside Kharaxel without any control. Or Tron could die too, Destroyer would kill Observer at the cost of his life and then just leave The Maiden with Kharaxel because "she has notthing else left but entertainment".
Or kil lthem all, including the Maiden.

But it would be entirely self contained thing, so that I could do the entirety of this as quickly as I can.

Tron man, only you can produce such gold with your posts.

We've all said what we needed to say. It's all up to him... though I honestly fear for his maturity level.

That being said, I personally don't want you to erase Unity and the others. Don't let one guy ruin your fun.

It's not really him, actually. I just really think all those Godly beings need to actually go.
But yeah, he did kinda help me to finally decide on this, so hey, there's that.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #520 on: June 24, 2013, 10:09:58 AM
I kinda would like Tron to stay, but be powerless and looking for entertainment like the Maiden or heck turn good.  But it's good I don't have to fire a massive retcon cannon.

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
  • The guy feeding off on your hate
    • View Profile
Reply #521 on: June 24, 2013, 11:59:05 AM
Well, that settles it then. I'm just gonna outright quit the WilyRP. I'm obviously wasting my entire lifetime trying to join in RPM's idea of fun. I can only go as far as a joke character that insults other characters for being a buncha wussies, while I still retain my Godliness. Go ahead and edit my characters and [parasitic bomb] out, because its just meaningless I try to have my thinking-cap on at all times when it comes to god-modding just to defend my case.

Moral of the story, it sucks to be a villain and a hero, but its a lotta fun being on neutral all the time. I'll just stick to art and make a mockery out of the RPM characters.

Gonna go read Hitomi's posts and see if I can learn anything from her. Since she amuses me.

Fear me.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #522 on: June 24, 2013, 12:01:55 PM
And thus the downward spiral begins...

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #523 on: June 24, 2013, 12:20:48 PM
Well, that settles it then. I'm just gonna outright quit the WilyRP. I'm obviously wasting my entire lifetime trying to join in RPM's idea of fun. I can only go as far as a joke character that insults other characters for being a buncha wussies, while I still retain my Godliness. Go ahead and edit my characters and [parasitic bomb] out, because its just meaningless I try to have my thinking-cap on at all times when it comes to god-modding just to defend my case.

Moral of the story, it sucks to be a villain and a hero, but its a lotta fun being on neutral all the time. I'll just stick to art and make a mockery out of the RPM characters.

Gonna go read Hitomi's posts and see if I can learn anything from her. Since she amuses me.
NeKohaku, listen...

[spoiler][tornado fang]. OFF.[/spoiler]

That is all I'm going to say to you. Nothing more, nothing less.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #524 on: June 24, 2013, 12:40:33 PM
And thus the downward spiral begins...

Deja. [tornado fang]ing. Vu.