Super "What Are You Thinking?" ReBirth

Mr. Haxwell · 1119348

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #17075 on: March 12, 2014, 06:51:49 AM
Better hope it isn't a Sony. Those don't support DVI, and good luck sending that resolution over HDMI.

It's not a Sony, thankfully.

TBH, I don't plan to be playing games over 4K for a LONG time. I'll be using 1280x1024 or 1600x900 for a while.

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #17076 on: March 12, 2014, 07:26:31 AM
I scarcely have the power to hit 60 FPS at 1280x1024. I doubt I could hit 10-15 FPS at 4k.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #17077 on: March 12, 2014, 08:53:55 AM
I scarcely have the power to hit 60 FPS at 1280x1024. I doubt I could hit 10-15 FPS at 4k.

I can max CS: GO at 1280x1024 on my integrated graphics. I'll be using a dedicated GPU once my mobo and CPU come in so I should be able to handle 1080 fairly well. Maybe even 1440.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #17078 on: March 12, 2014, 03:09:38 PM
So I'm having a debate with my friend who doesn't like the new Smash Bros because he doesn't like Mac and Wii Fit Trainer so therefore the entire roster is trash.  I might actually post it later since it's interesting.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #17079 on: March 12, 2014, 04:28:08 PM
I'm gonna edit Wily's RP post, so Arche can get a good hit in. No worries though, Mirby will still deliver the final blow.

If you have any objections, doc, you can just edit it out.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #17080 on: March 12, 2014, 04:49:03 PM
I would start talking about my cold in a Star Trek's Captain's log sort of way, but I don't think I can pull it off.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #17081 on: March 12, 2014, 04:51:39 PM
You should totally try.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #17082 on: March 12, 2014, 05:33:42 PM
I would but my eyes are kind of burning.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #17083 on: March 12, 2014, 06:03:33 PM
Damn, the obscure DOS port of Genocide 2 has a fringin' sweet CD-quality soundtrack. I'm linking this more than the FM Towns port. :)

-EDIT-
Tried playing the DOS version of this game, sound balance is terrible. I can hear the music just dandy but the sound effects are barely audible. Least I can (and already have) rip the music for my listening leisure.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #17084 on: March 12, 2014, 07:40:07 PM
I'm debating if I should get some orange juice....

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #17085 on: March 12, 2014, 08:46:53 PM
Orange juice will help get rid of the cold.  Get some orange juice.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #17086 on: March 12, 2014, 08:51:26 PM
Orange juice will help get rid of the cold.  Get some orange juice.
Yeah I got some orange juice and skip a class but will go to another since I have a test.  Also that Facebook debate I promised with the names replaced by some usernames that I know of and other Facebook things edited out.

Ludwig: Every time I voice my dislike of this new smash bros, I either get told I'm wrong for thinking differently or that I'm just a damned idiot. Yup, looove fanboys!

Sakura: You didn't expect this to happen? It's the internet and more importantly Facebook where people are more likely to have long winded debates over spelling mistakes.

Lemonlimeman:  I'm curious what do you not like about the new smash? I think its just meh, nothing super special compared to the older ones.

Sakura: He doesn’t like the new character roster.  He loathes Wii Fit Trainer, prefers Mewtwo over Lucario and hates Little Mac though he never elaborates on why he hates him, and because those characters exist the roster is trash to him.  In other words it doesn’t cater to what he wants and he doesn’t want it because of that. (deleted by accident)

Ludwig: Have I not explained that I hate Little Mac because he's a boxer? I don't like the idea of a freaking normal boxer being in Smash Bros.

Sakura:  He's also a Nintendo character, a known icon and has had a new game a few years back unlike Mr. Game and Watch so is it any wonder they put him in? I think it was about time in my opinion. Besides he's not a realistic boxer he's a cartoony boxer that doesn't make sense since he fights outside of his weight class way too much and faces guys 2-3 times his size. Therefore he fits in just as much as any other character there, in my opinion. Much more than Ridley anyway.

Ludwig: Ridley will probably happen, despite all my protests. Mac looks as realistic as Marth or Wii Fit Trainer to me.

Sakura: Like every other humanoid character there?

Ludwig: Unlike Mario, Luigi, Samus, Pit, Rosalina(Kinda), Megaman, Animal Crosser, Etc.

Sakura: Pit looks almost like him minus the wings, then we have Link and Zelda, every Fire Emblem character ever in Smash, Solid Freaking Snake and Zero Suit Samus. And you think that Mac is just as realistic as Solid Snake, the guy who upper cuts people he shouldn't be able to upper cut? Seriously Mac is anything but realistic, like the rest of the cast.

Ludiwig: Link and Zelda use items that normal humans never would use unless they were explicitly mimicking them, The FE cast IS a little on that realistic side, and Solid Snake probably won't be coming back. On the subject of Zero Suit Samus, she WILL be back, pistol whip(not realistic at all) and everything. Little Mac is Punches. Punches, Punches, Punches.

Sakura: They'll probably give him other moves besides punches and honestly none of those punches are even realistic. And even then that's his gimmick, just like Olimar's Pikmin, Dedede's hammer and Game and Watch's game and watchness. And even though Snake is probably not coming back the fact that he was in a Smash Bros game in the first place, and the only one with real voice acting that are not grunts might I add, sure as heck counts. Mac fits in way more than someone like him.

Ludwig: I'll agree there; I'm kind of glad Snake's gone.

Sakura: I just think that while Mac was surprise but it's not like he doesn't fit in the Smash world unlike Snake, he's cartoony and unrealistic enough. Oh and that part about Link's items, what about all the other items that everyone can use, including Little Mac?
Ludwig: In-game items, I was talking about his Boomerang, Bow, etc. but now I want to see Mac wield a Beam Sword.

Sakura: But those are more realistic than the other items, excessive yes but still more realistic since they actually exist in the real world in some way, even the hook shot if you compare it to a grappling hook. And yes Mac with a Beam Sword would look amazing as would the Spicy Curry.

Sakura: Crud I accidentally deleted my second post....not that the debate still doesn't make sense without it thanks to Lemonlimeman's comment in a way.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #17087 on: March 12, 2014, 09:11:57 PM
Time to go out for a walk and walk off this nagging leg cramp...

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #17088 on: March 12, 2014, 09:30:36 PM
I would start talking about my cold in a Star Trek's Captain's log sort of way, but I don't think I can pull it off.

Make it so, young one!

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #17089 on: March 12, 2014, 09:39:30 PM
After my next class is over and if my eyes aren't as watery as they are now.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #17090 on: March 12, 2014, 09:47:15 PM
Oh, and as for your friend, he could always....I don't know....not use the characters he doesn't like?

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #17091 on: March 12, 2014, 09:51:07 PM
Oh, and as for your friend, he could always....I don't know....not use the characters he doesn't like?
Yeah I don't know, he's weird sometimes I just find it interesting how his mind works with this sort of thing.  ButI know for a fact that argument wouldn't work, and I wasn't trying convince him to get the game anyway, I just wanted to see his reasoning because I didn't really see it before. 

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #17092 on: March 12, 2014, 09:56:18 PM
I love how he immediately complains about fanboys off the bat when he comes across as a fanboy whining about changes made to his beloved game! XD

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #17093 on: March 12, 2014, 09:59:05 PM
I love how he immediately complains about fanboys off the bat when he comes across as a fanboy whining about changes made to his beloved game! XD
It's because every time some Facebook group he follows mentions Smash he immediately says he doesn't like the new Smash without really elaborating why beyond simply saying the roster is trash.  But otherwise it's as you said.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #17094 on: March 12, 2014, 10:07:51 PM
It's because every time some Facebook group he follows mentions Smash he immediately says he doesn't like the new Smash without really elaborating why beyond simply saying the roster is trash.  But otherwise it's as you said.

Well then yeah, he's gonna be called an idiot.

Offline Suppercut ♡

• Toaster Catgirl Sniper
  • Neo Arcadian
  • something something All Limiters Released
    • View Profile
    • Ironically Opressing Oppression
Reply #17095 on: March 12, 2014, 10:15:20 PM
B-but... I like my Solid Ass! XD

what

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #17096 on: March 12, 2014, 11:09:59 PM
Just ordered some food, and I also started my laundry.  It stopped raining and there's a rainbow outside.  Pretty...

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #17097 on: March 12, 2014, 11:11:46 PM
Well then yeah, he's gonna be called an idiot.
Indeed.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #17098 on: March 13, 2014, 12:15:09 AM
So Sakurai praised the PS4 and now some people don't want to buy Smash 4 because of it.

What is logic?

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #17099 on: March 13, 2014, 12:21:25 AM
I don't recall devout sony fans refusing to support the PS3/PS4 after they said they liked the Wii U.

I mean, he's a professional admiring something another rival business has made, that's not a bad thing.