Rockman World: VS Killers/Megaman: The Hunter Numbers

MagVanisher · 74854

Offline KoiDrake

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #75 on: May 31, 2012, 09:00:09 PM
I see, maybe we shouldn't put this project into high gear, especially with the music. I apologize.

BTW, I'm now working on the script. Now currently working on the prologue scene.
No need to apologize about that, I'm just giving an honest opinion, you haven't done anything wrong :P

It would be easier to get someone to help once you can show a more finalized work, as there are a lot of Megaman fangames flying around lately, and it starts to get hard to discriminate between the ones that have potential and the sudden random ideas that'll get nowhere.

Offline Raging-Banebou

• Merasmus sure loves his cornflakes!
  • Robot Master
  • The Trinity has deemed you... acceptable.
    • View Profile
Reply #76 on: May 31, 2012, 10:38:09 PM
Why not ask psn8bit or xxBaiixx from YouTube for music?

Yuno Gasai: Living proof that yanderes are NOT meant to be messed with.

Offline MagVanisher

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #77 on: June 01, 2012, 10:35:38 AM
Why not ask psn8bit or xxBaiixx from YouTube for music?

Yeah, we could do that. But for now, it seems that we need to finish up the artwork as well as the sprites first before we move on to the next phase. And besides, we need to wait for the engine to be completed.

UPDATE: Finished Scenes 1 to 5 on the Scene Script section.

BTW, I would like everyone to contribute some dialogue scripts between Rockman and a Rockman Killer you want to pick. Just make a post and I'll look at it!

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #78 on: June 01, 2012, 01:58:58 PM
Try getting a demo, or at least a proof of concept, before asking people to spend their time composing for you.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline MagVanisher

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #79 on: June 01, 2012, 02:09:29 PM
Try getting a demo, or at least a proof of concept, before asking people to spend their time composing for you.

I understand, and I'm still waiting for N-Mario's engine... Again, I would like to apologize for jumping the gun on the project.

For now, I'm working on the story while R-B, KoiDrake, and the rest contribute with artwork. In the meantime, this project is still in its early stages and I will not move on until most of the artwork, sprites, and storyline are completed.

And BTW, 12 out of 14 Rockman Killers will be selected. As for Concerto and Quint Shadow, I'll take care of their dialogue with Rockman.

UPDATE: Added Scene 6 at the Scene Script section.

Offline Yllisos Zanon

• The Laberynth Librarian
  • Resistance Member
  • Individuality, so F*#K popularity
    • View Profile
Reply #80 on: June 01, 2012, 09:36:03 PM
Well, the reason I said Crystal and Jewel Man, is because both of them look like they could be in a Jazz band.  So, what I had in mind, the same basic, physical form of Jewel Man, with the mask and basic design fo Crystal Man.

They're coming to take me away
hee hee hoo hoo haw haw

http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=veasman#

Offline MagVanisher

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #81 on: June 02, 2012, 02:40:01 AM
Well, the reason I said Crystal and Jewel Man, is because both of them look like they could be in a Jazz band.  So, what I had in mind, the same basic, physical form of Jewel Man, with the mask and basic design fo Crystal Man.

If you want to, I would like to see your sketch on Jazz based on combining Jewel Man and Crystal Man's design aspect. Oh, and don't forget to add your design aspects too.

BTW, if someone can convert these sprites to GB colors, please you may.

Offline Raging-Banebou

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #82 on: June 02, 2012, 05:53:32 PM
Good news, MagVanisher! NewAgeRetroGamer is considering to be the project's composer, though she is kind of busy, so she can't exactly say she can help us. Luckily, though, she said she can try making a track or two for us, if we don't mind (heck, I don't mind). :)

Also, does anyone have a GB palette on them? Anyone?

Offline MagVanisher

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #83 on: June 02, 2012, 06:49:17 PM
Good news, MagVanisher! NewAgeRetroGamer is considering to be the project's composer, though she is kind of busy, so she can't exactly say she can help us. Luckily, though, she said she can try making a track or two for us, if we don't mind (heck, I don't mind). :)

Also, does anyone have a GB palette on them? Anyone?

Okay, and I don't mind how long will it takes to make some sweet GB Rockman Music! And don't forget to consider adding the Mega Man Mania palette too.

BTW, here's a concept sprite for Hammer Joe DX. I've used parts from Hoganmer (Megaman Xtreme 2) and Joe Classic (Rockman 8 FC) so that's how it would look like for now.

Offline Raging-Banebou

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #84 on: June 02, 2012, 08:43:43 PM
Don't worry, dude, I won't forget the Mega Man Mania palette. I just need the required palettes for the sprites, that's all.

Offline MagVanisher

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #85 on: June 03, 2012, 12:13:06 PM

Updated Hammer Joe DX's sprites, and added another concept sprite made by me: This is Discus Joe!

Like Hammer Joe DX, I've used parts from Disk Boy 08 (Megaman Xtreme) and Joe Classic (Rockman 8 FC), particularly the head part. So what do you think, should we include both sprites into our fan game?

UPDATE 2: Added Joe Classic. This enemy can shoot and throw grenades both on ground and on mid-air. His shield is also removable.

Offline Jadzxa

• Robot Master
  • Nice and easy.
    • View Profile
    • Games and stuff  and just my hub.
Reply #86 on: June 04, 2012, 09:28:52 AM
Sprites look pretty good. Also dropping in cause I have a bit of time. I'll try the revamp around Zeros design a bit there Mag. And I know it's early for music and such but tunes pop up. I was going off that "intro" tune from Rozen Maiden you had placed up a bit, but Gothicas tune came out sounding like well. Here, maybe you guys can figure where to use it. I don't think it much fits her but a tune you guys can use somewhere.  Has a bit of Burstman from MM7 in it too. (Also to note, the instruments are more NES. I'll have to find a GB soundfont around or make one. Though tried to get it close at least.)

(un named mm killer tune/but labled Gothica new tune)
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9308843/New%20folder%20%283%29/Gothica%20new.2mid.mp3

Yeah guess I'm back here and there lol

My art,projects and other things.
http://jad4321.deviantart.com/

Offline MagVanisher

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #87 on: June 04, 2012, 11:39:13 AM
Sprites look pretty good. Also dropping in cause I have a bit of time. I'll try the revamp around Zeros design a bit there Mag. And I know it's early for music and such but tunes pop up. I was going off that "intro" tune from Rozen Maiden you had placed up a bit, but Gothicas tune came out sounding like well. Here, maybe you guys can figure where to use it. I don't think it much fits her but a tune you guys can use somewhere.  Has a bit of Burstman from MM7 in it too. (Also to note, the instruments are more NES. I'll have to find a GB soundfont around or make one. Though tried to get it close at least.)

(un named mm killer tune/but labled Gothica new tune)
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9308843/New%20folder%20%283%29/Gothica%20new.2mid.mp3

Yeah guess I'm back here and there lol

Welcome back Jadzxa, and it seems that your revised Gothica theme sounds good and has an eerie-feel to it, kinda like a Castlevania theme. If you want your music to sound like a Megaman/Rockman game, either in NES or GB, you may want to ask NewAgeRetroGamer, HertzDevil, psn8bit, or 8BitDanooct1 on how to make your music sound like a Megaman/Rockman game.

BTW, here's what I made for today, using enemy parts from Rockman 4. This enemy is called Armed Roader. It moves back and forth, and it can adjust its trajectory.

Offline Jadzxa

• Robot Master
  • Nice and easy.
    • View Profile
Reply #88 on: June 04, 2012, 04:35:00 PM
Glad you liked it and such. As for the contacts, not a bad idea really, I'll check into that. Also that foe looks pretty good, for some part work. Looking forward to seeing it in action.

Offline Raging-Banebou

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #89 on: June 04, 2012, 06:09:12 PM
@Magvanisher: Those Joe enemies and that Armored Roader you made look really good, dude. :)

@Jadzxa: That theme sounds really good for Gothica, dude. Also, if you're looking for a good example for Mega Man music on the Game Boy, I suggest listening to some tunes from Mega Man V or Mega Man III on the GB.

Here, listen to Venus's theme for a second or two for example and you'll get the idea on how the instruments Mega Man music on the Game Boy sound.

[youtube]gMxXnXFsshE[/youtube]

Offline MagVanisher

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #90 on: June 04, 2012, 06:14:47 PM
@Jadzxa Yeah, just learn from the pros and you'll eventually create a Rockman-style Music.

BTW, I've added Machine Gun Joe... Which he can throw grenades that rolls on the floor, even walls too!

Still, those sprites need to be adjusted to Mega Man Mania colors...

Offline Raging-Banebou

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #91 on: June 04, 2012, 06:16:40 PM
Aren't Machine Gun Joe's grenades those spiky roller enemies from Mega Man 5 for the NES?

Still, looks pretty cool.

Offline MagVanisher

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #92 on: June 04, 2012, 06:32:28 PM
Aren't Machine Gun Joe's grenades those spiky roller enemies from Mega Man 5 for the NES?

Still, looks pretty cool.

Yeah, I would like to apologize to that. I'm not good at making sprites that I need some existing materials to make new ones.

Offline Raging-Banebou

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #93 on: June 04, 2012, 09:51:10 PM
Just made a stage enemy for Gothica's stage. It's a small ghost that will appear and slowly chase after Mega Man through the air until destroyed or when Mega Man goes to another room.

Oh, and short ghost tail is short, lol

Offline MagVanisher

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #94 on: June 05, 2012, 12:33:44 AM
Nice sprite, R-B! Maybe you could create that fire wheel enemy you mentioned earlier.

Or better, create a teddy bear sub-boss for Gothica if you can that is.

Offline Raging-Banebou

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #95 on: June 05, 2012, 04:31:27 AM
A teddy bear-themed sub boss for Gothica, huh?

I've got a curious question to ask about that idea. Do teddy bears fit with the gothic theme?

Offline Jadzxa

• Robot Master
  • Nice and easy.
    • View Profile
Reply #96 on: June 05, 2012, 06:09:00 AM
@Jadzxa Yeah, just learn from the pros and you'll eventually create a Rockman-style Music.
Will do those sniper joes came out looking pretty good there.^^

Speaking of such found a GB soundfont. Here's a test with it. An updated version of Gothicas tune a bit. Think I'll remake it, more megaman tunes are faster and much more bouncy and such. Though this comes off feeling as if it's from mm8 or 7 I guess.

Gothica stage update:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9308843/New%20folder%20%283%29/Gothica%20new.mid.mp3

I'll also start some on Concertos looks soon. From that picture. I have a mixture of Gate and Zero in head..This could turn out interesting.

Just made a stage enemy for Gothica's stage. It's a small ghost that will appear and slowly chase after Mega Man through the air until destroyed or when Mega Man goes to another room.
Heh a ghost like foe looks pretty cool. Nice job.

I've got a curious question to ask about that idea. Do teddy bears fit with the gothic theme?
Ha ha ha. Hmm that is a good question. I suppose if it's more stitched up and such, carries red eyes and perhaps is black or gray and carries just a very grim touch up with it. Unless the style is going more for an innocent darkness. Hint, the little girl who looks normal but carries a knife in one hand and has a teddy bear in her other arm holding it tightly, perhaps an eye hanging out of the bears head too.

Offline MagVanisher

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #97 on: June 05, 2012, 07:16:08 AM
Ha ha ha. Hmm that is a good question. I suppose if it's more stitched up and such, carries red eyes and perhaps is black or gray and carries just a very grim touch up with it. Unless the style is going more for an innocent darkness. Hint, the little girl who looks normal but carries a knife in one hand and has a teddy bear in her other arm holding it tightly, perhaps an eye hanging out of the bears head too.

Well, Gothica is a little innocent and introvert gothic girl so it's fitting to have a patched-up teddy bear robot as a sub-boss to guard her.

Offline Raging-Banebou

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #98 on: June 05, 2012, 06:50:34 PM
Hmm... Makes perfect sense.

I'll see what I can come up with for the teddy bear. Hell, I'll even look at the stage 3 boss of Splatterhouse 3 (yes, the stage 3 boss of Splatterhouse 3 is a teddy bear) for some inspiration, too.

Offline MagVanisher

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #99 on: June 05, 2012, 09:35:34 PM
Hmm... Makes perfect sense.

I'll see what I can come up with for the teddy bear. Hell, I'll even look at the stage 3 boss of Splatterhouse 3 (yes, the stage 3 boss of Splatterhouse 3 is a teddy bear) for some inspiration, too.

Okay, but don't add the gore on the teddy bear. Just make it comical at the same time.

BTW, I'm currently making a Sabotall... Will post it later!

UPDATE: Finished Sabotall SV. This is for Mariachi's stage.