Rockman World: VS Killers/Megaman: The Hunter Numbers

MagVanisher · 73578

Offline KoiDrake

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #100 on: June 05, 2012, 09:51:32 PM
A teddy bear-themed sub boss for Gothica, huh?

I've got a curious question to ask about that idea. Do teddy bears fit with the gothic theme?

Why not?

Offline Raging-Banebou

• Merasmus sure loves his cornflakes!
  • Robot Master
  • The Trinity has deemed you... acceptable.
    • View Profile
Reply #101 on: June 06, 2012, 04:19:49 AM
The teddy bear mid-boss for Gothica is finished, guys. I know, it might not look much, but at least I worked hard on it.

The reason why it's all in white (except for its eye, which I've decided to make red) is because I'm not sure what gothic-themed color scheme to give it.

Also, I've decided to give it some floating arms and even a door on its chest to have it release smaller teddy-bots to pester the player with while it attempts to smash them with its claws.

Oh, and that long rectangle below it? That's the floor.

Update: Whoops, I forgot about the upside-down triangle patch on the mid-boss's forehead. Also, I decided to go with dark grey and light grey. As for his button monocole, I've gone with a dusty salmon for the button.

Yuno Gasai: Living proof that yanderes are NOT meant to be messed with.

Offline MagVanisher

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #102 on: June 06, 2012, 08:49:10 AM
The teddy bear mid-boss for Gothica is finished, guys. I know, it might not look much, but at least I worked hard on it.

The reason why it's all in white (except for its eye, which I've decided to make red) is because I'm not sure what gothic-themed color scheme to give it.

Also, I've decided to give it some floating arms and even a door on its chest to have it release smaller teddy-bots to pester the player with while it attempts to smash them with its claws.

Oh, and that long rectangle below it? That's the floor.

Update: Whoops, I forgot about the upside-down triangle patch on the mid-boss's forehead. Also, I decided to go with dark grey and light grey. As for his button monocole, I've gone with a dusty salmon for the button.

Nice concept, but I hope that teddy bear can punch and fire lasers from his right eye.

Oh, and have you seen the Sabotall SV on my last post? That would be on Mariachi's stage.

Offline Raging-Banebou

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #103 on: June 06, 2012, 05:03:39 PM
1. Yes, dude, the teddy can punch and fire lasers from his eye. Also, how does the name "Teddyrant G." sound for Gothica's mid-boss?

2. Yep, I've seen it. Looks really great. :)

Offline MagVanisher

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #104 on: June 06, 2012, 05:17:04 PM
1. Yes, dude, the teddy can punch and fire lasers from his eye. Also, how does the name "Teddyrant G." sound for Gothica's mid-boss?

2. Yep, I've seen it. Looks really great. :)

Hmm, sound like he's gonna pounce at any moment when he sees the enemy. So yeah, it's fitting.

BTW, since we're doing a GB-style game, I was wondering if you want to place weapon icons instead of two starting letters of the bosses that represents their weapon (i.e.: EN for Enker's weapon: Mirror Buster), or just keep it?

Offline Raging-Banebou

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #105 on: June 06, 2012, 08:53:24 PM
I personally think it'd be a good idea to keep the two starting letters of the bosses that represents their weapon.

Oh, and here are the Mettaur sprites and Sniper Joe sprites done with the Super Game Boy palette.

Offline MagVanisher

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #106 on: June 07, 2012, 07:50:33 AM
Looks good, just apply the SGB colors on the Joe Classic to the new Sniper Joe Classic.

And BTW, here's the menu mock-up:

On the right is has the two starting letters that represents the weapon, the middle has the icons instead of the first two letters, the left shows how the plates work and appears on the menu. Of course, collecting all four of them will unlock a weapon.

And as for the blank space, this is where it will show the full name of the weapon.

Also, in regards to Quint Shadow, will it be nice to have him some breast plate or armor to distinguish it even further from Rockman/Megaman.

Offline Raging-Banebou

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #107 on: June 08, 2012, 03:03:12 AM
1. Cool menu screen mockups, dude. They look really nice. I especially like the concept of the selected weapon's full name appearing at the bottom of the screen.

2. Finished the Sniper Joes.

3. Adding a breastplate sounds like a good idea for Quint Shadow.

4. About Disco, how do you think he should look? I'm guessing he should have an afro, correct?

Offline MagVanisher

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #108 on: June 08, 2012, 06:52:49 AM
1. Cool menu screen mockups, dude. They look really nice. I especially like the concept of the selected weapon's full name appearing at the bottom of the screen.

2. Finished the Sniper Joes.

3. Adding a breastplate sounds like a good idea for Quint Shadow.

4. About Disco, how do you think he should look? I'm guessing he should have an afro, correct?

Hmm, putting an actual afro on Disco might not look good. Instead, how about putting a spherical water tank on his head, just like Aqua Man.

BTW, does anyone have sprites on the Arrow Shot from Rockman 8, from the shot itself to the icon?

Offline Raging-Banebou

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #109 on: June 08, 2012, 05:22:07 PM
A spherical water tank, huh? Yeah, that could pass like an artificial afro. Anything else?

Offline MagVanisher

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #110 on: June 08, 2012, 06:09:23 PM
A spherical water tank, huh? Yeah, that could pass like an artificial afro. Anything else?

Other than having a tank on his head, make Disco look funky. Just do some research on 70s fashion for inspiration.

Anyway, as for Quint Shadow, I'm trying to contact JusteDesserts who made this exceptionally Quint on his DeviantArt page. If he could take my request on making Quint Shadow, that will be a plus to this fangame. Otherwise, either Raging-Banebou, KoiDrake, or jadzxa can make this Rockman Killer.

For his weapon Sakugarne, I was thinking of having another mode on that pogo-stick that can change into a cannon.

Offline Raging-Banebou

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #111 on: June 09, 2012, 05:08:10 AM
I finished Disco's design, dude.

Originally, while I was making his design, I decided to give him a disco jacket. However, it ended up coming out rather awkwardly, so I thought "Screw it" and got rid of the jacket. Also, to be honest, I'm not rather fond of how his right foot turned out.

Oh, and I gave him a disco medallion with a "C" on it. A cookie goes to who can guess what the "C" on his medallion stands for.

Offline MagVanisher

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #112 on: June 09, 2012, 06:42:24 AM
I finished Disco's design, dude.

Originally, while I was making his design, I decided to give him a disco jacket. However, it ended up coming out rather awkwardly, so I thought "Screw it" and got rid of the jacket. Also, to be honest, I'm not rather fond of how his right foot turned out.

Oh, and I gave him a disco medallion with a "C" on it. A cookie goes to who can guess what the "C" on his medallion stands for.

Hmm, I think you need to change the face. I want his face to look more robotic, kinda like the recent Solar Man.

And as for the lower part of his body, I don't think it's not fit for the Classic Series. But don't forget to make it funky, just put him some underwear armor and make the lower parts of the pants as shin armor.

Offline Raging-Banebou

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #113 on: June 09, 2012, 04:38:16 PM
Alright, sounds good. Also, you want I should keep the sunglasses on him or should I remove them?

Offline MagVanisher

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #114 on: June 09, 2012, 05:13:45 PM
Alright, sounds good. Also, you want I should keep the sunglasses on him or should I remove them?

Just remove the glasses, and make the forearms a bit bigger. That's it for now!

Offline Raging-Banebou

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #115 on: June 09, 2012, 08:15:22 PM
Ah, that sounds like a good plan, then. Though, with the shin armour, it might be a bit tricky to pull off like with Trance's earphones (which I'm still working on).

Oh, by the way, wasn't the Gray Devil already used in "Rockman and Forte 2: Challenger from the Future"? The reason I'm asking this is I'm not sure if this fangame takes place after the events of RnF2 or not.

If it doesn't take place after the events of RnF2, then is it alright if I could make a suggestion for a Devil boss, dude?

Offline MagVanisher

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #116 on: June 10, 2012, 04:32:07 AM
Ah, that sounds like a good plan, then. Though, with the shin armour, it might be a bit tricky to pull off like with Trance's earphones (which I'm still working on).

Oh, by the way, wasn't the Gray Devil already used in "Rockman and Forte 2: Challenger from the Future"? The reason I'm asking this is I'm not sure if this fangame takes place after the events of RnF2 or not.

If it doesn't take place after the events of RnF2, then is it alright if I could make a suggestion for a Devil boss, dude?

Unfortunately, this fangame doesn't take place after RnF2 but it takes some elements from it like Concerto having similarities to Rockman Shadow personality-wise. For me IMO, I don't think RnF2 does include it as canon.

As for the Grey Devil, I wanted to try something different by making it smaller and agile. It size is slightly bigger, but not as big as Hyper Storm H.

Offline Raging-Banebou

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #117 on: June 10, 2012, 05:14:28 AM
Hmm... I see...

Oh, and good idea for the Gray Devil.

Offline MagVanisher

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #118 on: June 10, 2012, 07:39:12 AM
Yeah, I'll be cooking up a sprite soon on that Grey Devil.

Offline MagVanisher

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #119 on: June 10, 2012, 07:47:59 PM

Here's the prototype version of the Grey Devil. So far, I'm been working on the body portion.

And so, I need someone who can do some sprites, particularly the limbs and the shading.

Offline Raging-Banebou

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #120 on: June 11, 2012, 05:44:20 AM
Heh, the Grey Devil's sprite is looking good, dude! I wonder what kind of attacks it should have?

Offline MagVanisher

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #121 on: June 11, 2012, 06:41:50 PM
Heh, the Grey Devil's sprite is looking good, dude! I wonder what kind of attacks it should have?

Well, it will have the following attacks:
- Shooting with his arms five times. Then jump to the edge of the screen, stomp to the ground, and split in half.
- While split in half (left and right), the Grey Devil will rebuild itself while trying to press Rockman. In order to get away from the press, Rockman must shoot the blocks to push away from the Grey Devil. The Grey Devil's eye is invulnerable at this phase. This phase will occur two times.
- After that phase, the Grey Devil will fire three energy pillars to the edge of the screen two times. Then it will split into 20 blocks and move towards the edge of the screen until it was fully rebuild. This will occur one time.
- Then the process repeats from the first phase until the Grey Devil is defeated.

Anyway, I'm still working on it... But it will take some time since I will have some problems on the limbs.

UPDATE: Added Scene 8 on the Scene Script section.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 10:24:16 PM by MagVanisher »

Offline Jadzxa

• Robot Master
  • Nice and easy.
    • View Profile
    • Games and stuff  and just my hub.
Reply #122 on: June 13, 2012, 03:12:44 AM
Got some time here. Here's my other take on Concerto Man.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

More young and silver looking. Almost looks like Gate from MMX in areas or a smaller Gate.

Disco man looks almost like number man from MMBN there some. And the sprites look pretty nice so far guys.

My art,projects and other things.
http://jad4321.deviantart.com/

Offline MagVanisher

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #123 on: June 13, 2012, 08:38:23 AM
@Jadzxa

Wow, now that's what I called Concerto! Keep it up!

As for the Grey Devil, I think I have to change him completely from a golem to a Wily Capsule-like enemy. That way, the Grey Devil is still agile.

Offline Raging-Banebou

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #124 on: June 13, 2012, 04:16:15 PM
@Jadzxa: I agree with MagVanisher here, dude! I especially love his cape!

@MagVanisher: Yeah, a Wily Capsule-like enemy sounds like a good idea for the Gray Devil.