VC's Artwork and Fanart Thread

VirusChris · 232459

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Reply #225 on: May 15, 2009, 12:20:53 AM
The afro kid is Muwen and he's from LaTale. Trying to draw him by memory though he lost some room because of the Hedgehog head and is afro is smaller than it should be.

Here's a picture of what he really looks like:
http://www.strawberryminded.com/LaTale/ripped/npcsicons/png_%204239919_%2050938.png

Him and Zoe, his summon spirit I guess.

Posted on: May 09, 2009, 08:37:55 PM
Iris Livier Sketch #2:

This is another sketch of Iris Livier from the popluar MMORPG "LaTale".

Iris is the heroine of the story and the player gets a memory of her defeating the Demon King and goes on a journey of solving the mystery of Iris and her adventures.

Iris fights using a Bow and she's a being called a "Derr" the supposedly last member of the Derr Clan of a group of powerful magic users and rivals to the Demon King's Agasura Clan.

She is an odd one because her parents were a Human and a Derr and this mix pairing can only have Human offsprings making Iris the first Derr to be born from this pairing which is unusually.

I like practice drawing her, but at the same time it's annoying because of the great detail to her clothing. Though it's fun drawing her still.

Posted on: May 10, 2009, 01:30:59 AM
VirusChris Volume 1 Cover Sketch:

I was really planning on not showing this picture just yet, but since I didn't draw any new artwork this week I'll show you a sketch of the cover to my VirusChris manga project.

This is the volume one cover I plan to make, I just need to ink and watercolor it.

I chose to have Christozo in Virakin form and the Nazo Virus he bonds one to appear on the first volume's cover.

I wanted to make a simple Manga Cover, nothing too detail or too cramp, and that's how I got these two guys here.

Though when I finally make the cover expect some parts of the image to be cut off.

Give me some feedback here.

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #226 on: May 15, 2009, 12:22:41 AM
It's one of those generic manga covers where all the main character does is just sit, wave, and smile.

"Smile and wave boys, smile and wave."

Other than that the posture and position looks okay.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #227 on: May 22, 2009, 05:30:37 AM
Hey guys, sorry to say there's no artwork today however I wanted to let you guys know... today's my birthday! So I bet you're all wondering how old am I? Well I'm 20 years old as of today.

Well maybe just one artwork today... one I did a couple of weeks ago.

Ant - Concept Art of Keeper:

This is concept art for my College Game Development project with my teammates. The card game we're making is called "Keeper" which is, if you haven't guessed it (then shame on you), a strategy bug card game.

Nothing much, just this cute little ant.

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #228 on: May 22, 2009, 05:33:34 AM
Does it have the colonize ability, or is that for the queen? :P

It's a nice, simple little ant. Watch out though, he bites.

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #229 on: May 22, 2009, 05:43:10 AM
Though sadly the team leader said it was too "kid-friendly" and needed a more realistic-looking ant. No matter we'll add this little guy on the front of the instruction manual.

Each Bug (though we're only working on Ants right now) has two different abilities to use, you flip the card over to use it's ability.

These are the Ants:

- Egg (basically the back of the cards)
- Worker Ant
- Breeder Ant
- Slaver Ant
- Warrior Ant
- Jack Jumper
- Queen Ant

I can't remember what abilities each Ant has. The main objective of the game is to collect all of the food and/or defeat the other colony's Queen bug.

And what? No happy birthday Chris? Glad to see everyone take their time to congratulate me on my special day. bVd

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #230 on: May 22, 2009, 05:47:30 AM
Oh, I'll cook something up for a suprise.  [eyebrow]

Ant too kid friendly? it's an average anime ant! if not, just go to wiki to get photographs of the bugs, a major timesaver if he wants realisim, lamo.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #231 on: May 22, 2009, 05:52:06 AM
Can't wait to see this 'surprise'. >U<

Well he did make a 3D gray ant that looks very much like a real-life ant. He used Photoshop to do it and it looks really cool, though he chooses not to color it to make all the Ants look like they're from the same family.

Oh well, I'll still provide artwork of the bugs and their instinct cards.

Offline Emiri Landeel

• M i s s i n g   i n   a c t i o n
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Put your faith in me and I'll show ya.
    • View Profile
Reply #232 on: May 22, 2009, 05:59:36 AM

Cute  owo

BTW, is today you B-day? VirusChris.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #233 on: May 22, 2009, 06:00:41 AM
Sure is! I'm 20 years old now! Another year closer to my death meaning to have an even cooler and fun life!

Offline Emiri Landeel

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #234 on: May 22, 2009, 06:09:04 AM
Happy Birthday VirusChris!
Wish you luck and successful  :D

No gif tho, sorry  :|

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #235 on: May 22, 2009, 06:10:40 AM
Thank you!

And it's OK! Just having you wishing me a happy birthday is all I need. ^_^

Offline Sniper X

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #236 on: May 22, 2009, 10:24:22 AM
Hey guys, sorry to say there's no artwork today however I wanted to let you guys know... today's my birthday! So I bet you're all wondering how old am I? Well I'm 20 years old as of today.

Well maybe just one artwork today... one I did a couple of weeks ago.

Ant - Concept Art of Keeper:

This is concept art for my College Game Development project with my teammates. The card game we're making is called "Keeper" which is, if you haven't guessed it (then shame on you), a strategy bug card game.

Nothing much, just this cute little ant.
That is one cute ant. :3

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #237 on: May 24, 2009, 05:08:24 AM
Drawings #62:

This is my 62th Sketch Batch, focusing on the face a tad bit more here.

I did Raine first, the girl on top (duh) and some side-view look to her left. The eye with no eye lash is practice for a male side-view face.

And the bottom we have Ami, practicing on her look once more to get a better idea to draw her to my image.

Also I gave my characters' middle, since of course middles names are names too and they need some love as well.

What do you think so far?

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #238 on: May 24, 2009, 05:10:48 AM
Err, I'm sure I made a female reploid character named Nerid, but forgot to scan it today because I didin't like how it turned out.

Pretty basic, to say the least, and the shirts do look identical to one-another.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #239 on: May 24, 2009, 05:12:21 AM
You mean the Chinese shirt and black t-shirt? Well they are drawn in a simpler manner. óVó

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #240 on: May 24, 2009, 05:22:58 AM
If I were you I'd try to bend the designs of the shirt abit, to make the chinese and black t-shirts more unique. Try adding pockets, maybe two stripes on the shoulders (your color pick), and tears where the shoulders begin to appear.

One more thing, try adding a tie and make these a permanent design to the characters so they don't have to go such changes later (maybe until the second season? I don't know, it usually happens when the first story is told).

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #241 on: May 24, 2009, 05:55:29 AM
I'll experiment around with the clothes then.

VirusChris - New Look Close-Up:

Here's another pose of Christozo Yuushi in his Virakin Form (a.k.a. VirusChris) from my manga project "VirusChris".

I regular was experimenting on drawing only VirusChris' eyes but got carried away and continue drawing him, adding the face, the head, and the rest of the body.

I think he came out pretty good, also adding some jacket pockets for him too.
And by the way a Virakin tails are cat tails, but they are commonly mistaken as monkey tails as well.

What do you think?

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #242 on: May 24, 2009, 06:30:52 AM
Don't you mean monkey tails? :P

The manga can be renamed before the first comic. "Hokashiwa no Zuubo" or (ignore the false transilation here) "Journey of the Spirit" would sound much more fitting, as apparently the characters look high-spirited and spirits are involved.

Simple, not much damage done. Note that the tail may need to match the hair color if you are going to color it. :P

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #243 on: May 24, 2009, 10:06:16 AM
Don't you mean monkey tails? :P

The manga can be renamed before the first comic. "Hokashiwa no Zuubo" or (ignore the false transilation here) "Journey of the Spirit" would sound much more fitting, as apparently the characters look high-spirited and spirits are involved.

Simple, not much damage done. Note that the tail may need to match the hair color if you are going to color it. :P

No they're actually cat tails and they're commonly mistaken as monkey tails. Unless I misspelled monkey. (Yup, misspelled)

I intentionally plan to call it "VirusChris" as the story revolves around Christozo Yuushi and the sequel, which is called "VirusNova" revolves around Nova Valhalla. Though the "Journey of the Spirits" sounds pretty cool, my series doesn't involve spirits. The Nazo Virus are Soul-like beings that either merge or become a Virakin. I'll explain more when I make the story and hopefully publish it.

The tail only matches the Virakin's nature. Virakins of Darkness naturally have black Virakin marks on their cheeks and a black tail. And Virakins of Light naturally have white (or slightly grayish) Virakin marks and white tails.

And generally Virakins of their nature will how the color of their clothes alter to match their natures, however a Virakin can customize their clothing so it doesn't have to match the color of their nature.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #244 on: May 31, 2009, 12:57:11 AM
Chris Corona - Star Gazing:

This is another Chris Corona sketch.

This time he's star gazing (though you can't see the stars) and asks a question to his friend, Iris Livier, when she star gazes too.

Also get him equipped with both of his Dual Semi-Buster Swords though the sword handles were a pain to draw.

Demon Soul Sword - Corona Abyss:

This is another sword I had in mind to draw. A dark and evil counterpart to Chris Corona's swords.

The sword gets stronger with each enemy vanquish and enhances the user's speed and power, but decreases defense and recovery time.

It's a black and red sword with a red gem near the base of the sword where it stores the victim's soul.

This is one of the ten Demon Soul Artifacts.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #245 on: May 31, 2009, 06:05:10 AM
That's a nifty sword, sorta reminds me of something from Machen: Deus Ex Machina.  Oh, protip: When writing dialogue balloons, letter in ALL CAPS.  It is easier to read that way.  Otherwise, looks nice, I like the pose and the sword is nifty.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #246 on: June 02, 2009, 06:15:21 AM
^Got it. I'm reading my manga I bought and noticed all the dialogue in the dialogue balloons are in caps.

Basic Body Sketch:

This is just a basic body sketch in did in 5 to 10 minutes.

Originally started as drawing the pants in a different for me and ended up drawing the rest of the body.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #247 on: June 11, 2009, 08:59:39 PM
Drawing #63:

This is my random drawing batch #63.

I've been playing Disgaea DS a few days ago, never played the series before nor was I into SRPG, but after playing it I've grown attach to the game and its series. So I made a Disgaea-like character, Tomo, just for a little practice of drawing them.

Next time I'll draw a Prinny, dood!

Also a few other things like another pair of feet, energy arrows for attack, the Disgaea ears and some demon eyes and other stuff.

What do you think?

Offline Emiri Landeel

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #248 on: June 11, 2009, 09:02:49 PM
The side face looks really good owob

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #249 on: June 11, 2009, 09:04:25 PM
Actually, pointy ears are pretty common in the fantasy world, just Disgea has a diffrent drawing style when the artist draws the ears.

Face is decent too.