VC's Artwork and Fanart Thread

VirusChris · 232200

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #250 on: June 11, 2009, 09:25:17 PM
Can't wait to se your COMPLETELY ORIGINAL Overlord surrounded by loli demons and penguins.

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #251 on: June 11, 2009, 10:16:00 PM
Hmm, don't be afraid to play around w/ ear length.  It can be fun, same case for piercings.  Or even playing around w/ piercings on said ear.

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Reply #252 on: June 15, 2009, 08:01:55 AM
Drawings #64:

This is my 64th sketch batch done by yours truly.

I accidentally squash my paper a bit when I put my Laptop on top of it (I was cleaning my room) so the top right corner had to be flatten out. I apologize if the drawings may look squash to you.

Anyway I did more facial expressions again, and a hand that can be used for holding something and a quick drawing of Iris Livier from LaTale (the main heroine has annoying detailed hair, I'm going to have to simplify it) .

The top right drawing was just the eye, nose, and mouth until I started drawing the hair and face. He looks like one of those dreamy boys that girl fawn over.

Tell me what you think, OK?

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #253 on: June 26, 2009, 05:15:45 AM
New Custom Sprite Sheet:

Just a new custom sprite sheet I'm experimenting with. I'm not sure I'll use this sprite sheet for my games but it's good practice on practicing.

I think my shading could use some work though. And the male and female body could use more work too and don't get me started on those hands! Much harder than drawing hands on paper, but I prefer a more Chibi-ish approach to my sprite dudes for my games.

I hope you guys like.

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #254 on: June 29, 2009, 07:02:51 AM
Drawings #65:

This is my 65th sketch batch but it's mostly Zatch Bell fanart as I was in the mood to draw the Zatch Bell characters close to their art style.

Top left is Kiyo and next to him is Megumi, and then we have Zatch Bell in the bottom left corner while I drew different eye types on the other corner.

Nothing much, but what do you think?

Offline borockman

• Super avatar painter in training
  • Legendary Hero
  • DONALD ANGRY! DONALD SMASH!!
    • View Profile
Reply #255 on: June 29, 2009, 07:32:19 AM
Quite good, I like that Kiyo.

Proud member of Indigo tribe!

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #256 on: July 01, 2009, 03:25:53 AM
Why thank you.

Thunder Emperor Zeno:

I'm feeling the need to draw some Zatch Bell characters recently so I decided to draw "Thunder Emperor" Zeno (or Zeon in the Japanese version).

He's one of the main villains in Zatch Bell and looks identical to Zatch (minus the silver hair, purple eyes, and paler skin). He has almost the same exact spells as Zatch as well save for a few spells unique to Zeno only. I won't spoil their relationship with each other so you have to read the manga to find out.

He starts appearing more in the Faudo arc and I drew him from one of the scenes in Chapter 217.

Hope you like it.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #257 on: July 01, 2009, 08:20:14 PM

I'll tell you what I think:

I think you should stop copying anime artstyles you like and try developing something of your own.

Offline Cpie

• Master Artist as well
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #258 on: July 01, 2009, 08:23:02 PM

I'll tell you what I think:

I think you should stop copying anime artstyles you like and try developing something of your own.
Lol at zipper mouth.

Hey at least he draws better than me when I first started, four long years ago (or a bit more, don't know anymore haha); and we all start by copying something. But at the same time Ace is right (like always lol) try developping your own style.

Keep up sketching!

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #259 on: July 01, 2009, 08:24:52 PM
Hey at least he draws better than me when I first started,

Can't judge that, I didn't know you back then.

But at this rate, he will never catch up on you. Or anyone else.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #260 on: July 01, 2009, 11:33:12 PM
Zeno (or Zeon in the Japanese version).

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph. why, oh God, why impose a regional difference? [parasitic bomb] like that is what kills anime in the first place. when 4kids doesn't change a name, it's a [tornado fang]ing miracle. tell me Chris, why stoop to their level?

Pick A Side, We're At War.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #261 on: July 02, 2009, 12:50:33 AM
First I'm practicing drawing character body parts to get a feel to draw the characters so I can develop my own artstyle for my characters, beside this is also a Fanart thread too nothing wrong doing a few fanart here and there.

And I don't mind the name change, but it's basically swapping the n and o around. I prefer Zeno than Zeon since it sounds cooler to me.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #262 on: July 02, 2009, 01:04:44 AM
then just use that one.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #263 on: July 02, 2009, 12:16:53 PM
First I'm practicing drawing character body parts to get a feel to draw the characters so I can develop my own artstyle for my characters

I hope you realize the mistake you are making.

Anyway, keep going. You already proved you are not willing to listen to any kind of advice even though you are explicitly asking for it.  I'm just telling you that the path you are walking on will not end in Improvement City. It's up to you if you keep walking.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #264 on: July 06, 2009, 07:47:34 PM
Iris Livier:

This is a LaTale fanart with a drawing of Iris Livier, the lead heroine of the popular online game. This is also practice for my LaTale: Tales of Corona manga project.

Her main fighting style is an Archer (from the online game Iris would be either a Explorer or its job extension Treasure Hunter class) using her Derr Bow and Energy Arrows.

That much information is known about Iris Livier herself, though she is portray as a gentle, caring, kind-hearted individual who's also a bit emotional fragile but makes up for it with her strong determination. I also believe she's a bit self-sacrificing as she is willingly to give up her life to save her world from the Demon King.

Maybe I could enter this into the LaTale Fanart contest, however I believe that my Iris Livier VS the Demon King fanart has a higher chance of winning.

What are your thoughts on this drawing? This is my best drawing of Iris yet!

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #265 on: July 07, 2009, 09:06:45 AM
I like the clothing there.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #266 on: July 14, 2009, 11:27:20 AM
LaTale Pet Design - Dramurai:

This is my LaTale Pet, Dramurai, for OGP's LaTale Pet Design Contest.

He's a samurai dragon hail from a distant continent far away from the continent of Jiendia also related to the Naughty Dino.

Pet Abilities:
Lv. 5 - Auto-Loot: Picks-up items drop from monsters
Lv. 10 - Warrior Howl: Increase Strength by 10% for 10mins and also lower Defense by 5%
Lv. 15 - Kendo Art: Increase Defense by 10% for 10mins and also lower Strength by 5%.

It took me a couple of hours to draw the sketch and about a day and a half to ink & color him. A simple and unique to capture the dragon's kind and fierce appearance.

I went with the Kendo outfit to better suit him and the Japanese symbol of "Loyal/Faith" to show the Pet's attitude towards its master/owner.

He's kinda similar to the Naughty Dino in appearance a bit, but slightly taller and a tad slimmer. He's basely a purple-skinned version of the Naughty Dino. I was planning on making a sprite template of each form, but I only got to the Egg Form as it was the easiest. Maybe I'll update with the other two... or not.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #267 on: August 07, 2009, 06:32:09 AM
Drawings #66:

It's been a while since my last artwork update, eh? Sorry about that I've been busy with my Schoolwork trying my best to keep up with my studies and my assignment.

Any who this is my 66th Sketch batch.

I was in the mood to draw and just grabbed the nearest paper and didn't care if someone taken notes on it before (even though I added a little myself).

We got Chris Yuushi/Aero in a Side-View look (his Trident Hair makes it hard to draw right) and Ami Rozu looking cute in her tough tomboyish glare. And Chris Corona in Virakin Mode.

Also a few eye sketches, one a very evil and demonic looking eye, and a face sketch of a VirusMonster. One of my original creatures I made.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #268 on: August 07, 2009, 06:51:26 AM
The runes for the virus language are actually quite interesting.  Do you plan on designing an entire alphabet?

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #269 on: August 09, 2009, 07:54:13 PM
Yup, going to take a while though.

Posted on: August 07, 2009, 16:24:23
LaTale - Monster Fanart:

This is my entry for the August 2009 LaTale Monster Fanart Contest.

The creatures I picked are the Priving, the most common monster in all of LaTale, and the Naughty Little Dino, a Dragon-like Pet that follows the player. The two of them are seeing how's the toughest monster around.

Also I used my colored pencil to color the dudes and the background. What are you thoughts on it.

Offline Sniper X

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #270 on: August 09, 2009, 07:57:41 PM
Those two monsters are so cute! I hope you win th contest. :)

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #271 on: August 13, 2009, 06:14:50 AM
Thanks!

Raine - Ink Sketch:

This is a sketch of one of my characters for my VirusChris manga series and Magleutix manga series (basically this is a different story with some of the same characters but different world).

Unlike most of my other drawings this one was done completely in black ink. Made a few errors somewhere, but overall it came out good!

Her name is Raine, haven't settled for a last name yet, and she is Ami Rozu's best friend from school (VirusChris series).
Also her clothing is a prototype to say as it's not her final design.

What do you think?

Offline Kit

• #1 wizard of disappearing
  • Master's Unit
  • hue
    • View Profile
    • Art stuff
Reply #272 on: August 13, 2009, 10:06:34 PM
Ami Rozu

You can't bother to come up with your own art.
You can't bother to come up with your own style.
You can't even make up original damned names.
You are pathetic, still.

they dont think it be like it is but it do

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #273 on: August 13, 2009, 10:09:53 PM
You can't bother to come up with your own art.
You can't bother to come up with your own style.
You can't even make up original damned names.
You are pathetic, still.

AND there's a chicken hidden in her hair (or every other black part) somewhere. Gang, looks like we have yet another mystery to solve in our hands!

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #274 on: August 13, 2009, 10:34:10 PM
this thread isn't even deserving of a rubber chicken with a pulley in the middle.