The Official E3 2010 Discussion Thread & Lounge (Jun 13, 2010 - June 19, 2010)

Jericho · 94616

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
*unlurks*
OH [parasitic bomb] I DIDN'T KNOW THAT EVERY JRPG WAS Final Fantasy VII​!  8D
Isn't it, nowadays?

The reality is that E3 is for showy, flashy games that are often not a fair share of every genre. It's for the graphics, for the 'OMGAWD WE CAN CUT THINGS THIS WAY', not for the game play or the story. So we get maybe 1/8th of what makes a game. And how many times has E3 disappointed with their 'showcase games' that ended up being gimmicky. Didn't a lot of the original Wii games end up sub par? Red Steel vs Red Steel 2?
Actually we wouldn't complain about you complaining cause you're the only one complaining about people's opinions. Everyone else takes it with a grain of salt.

ANYWAY can anyone link me to the Sim3 stuff? Pleaaaaase? Also I'm sad I couldn't afford the first Scribblenauts, gonna have to be a good girl to get the next one.  :3
I'm complaining about people's opinions, because this is a topic about celebrating E3, and all I see is "WHO CARES ABOUT THIS KIND OF GAME?" and "BOOOO SHITTY GENERIC FPS"

It's pretty much the very same thing as if I started saying "Who plays this kiddy [parasitic bomb]?" and "What, more of that game? No new stuff? Boo!" in the Nintendo conference. And I know people wouldn't like that. I'm not liking this Gamefaqs-like behaviour in the topic. That's all.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Whoa what's this?

Ubisoft's LSD simulator?

Awesome!

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
What happened to just accepting the games for what they are?
(in before "saying good things about games" topic) x.x

That virtual shooter simulator sounds like a fun outdoor (and indoor) activity for friends, creating your own obstacle courses and have some competitive fun. ^^

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
...I do. I like Skateboarding games. You got a problem with it?

And it looks pretty damn good. It seems to use the principle that as long as you keep doing combos, the level becomes easier and easier for you to skate in, turning a city into a full-blown skatepark. And becoming more colorful. A kind of Okami-like game, in which color lasts as long as an awesome combo.
Made that comment before i saw actual gameplay. Guess it looks alright.

Though i generally don't like most sports games.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Seriously guys, let's just drop it now. There are games for everyone here and if they aren't spoken about, they'll be mentioned with much fervor in the coming days. I expressed my concerns earlier in this thread and did so without causing much fuss. Let's get back on track and just enjoy the E3ness of everything.

This, basically.

Aresian

Amazing how assumptions go both ways, isn't it?  XD

A lot of assumptions were made, and they just make us look like asses. XD

Incidently, I don't give a [parasitic bomb] what other people say when they complain. I might troll them, because it's fun to do so, but I honestly don't care enough to retaliate unless it's something particular. Like the Fate series.

It was deviating from the topic (Fate/Extra for more details) so naturally I revolted. That said though, my kitten has stated everything else I could really say in response to Flash.

So, I'll just shrug for now. It's a discussion thread. Opinions and discussions go hand in hand. I'll proudly state my opinions, be they right, wrong, irritating or otherwise.

And actually...

Isn't it, nowadays?

No, not really. You clearly overlooked some of the latest RPGs that honestly don't look like the traditional mold. Persona series, Star Ocean, Hexyz Force, Phantasy Star 0, Dragon Age (yes Western, but I include ALL RPGs generally as I like both types) and hell even that FFXIII just to name a few. They were all departures in their own directions that doesn't scream FFVII.

Not done yet...

I'm complaining about people's opinions, because this is a topic about celebrating E3, and all I see is "WHO CARES ABOUT THIS KIND OF GAME?" and "BOOOO SHITTY GENERIC FPS"

It's pretty much the very same thing as if I started saying "Who plays this kiddy [parasitic bomb]?" and "What, more of that game? No new stuff? Boo!" in the Nintendo conference. And I know people wouldn't like that. I'm not liking this Gamefaqs-like behaviour in the topic. That's all.

Actually no... it's LITERALLY a discussion and lounging thread. Which technically means we're on topic because we are DISCUSSING it. Huh. How about that, that sounds pretty darn logical there. Discussions aren't debates either, so opinion is prevalent here. Har-dee-har-har.

Seriously guys, let's just drop it now. There are games for everyone here and if they aren't spoken about, they'll be mentioned with much fervor in the coming days. I expressed my concerns earlier in this thread and did so without causing much fuss. Let's get back on track and just enjoy the E3ness of everything.

This, basically.

But I suppose I can agree with this. For now.

Dun dun dun...

Offline Lilirulu

• Biometal Y
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • "NO DICE"
    • View Profile
The  innergy game looks awesome .o. I would actually play it.

I want a fully interactive RPG plaz!

"Sumo Wrestlers are sexy by DEFAULT!"-[DA]-[SA]-[Pixiv]

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile

That virtual shooter simulator sounds like a fun outdoor (and indoor) activity for friends. ^^
There's no longer that. Now, it's "WHY DOESN'T THIS APPEAL TO MY TASTE?" It sickens me, to be honest. Let us be happy enjoying games.

Made that comment before i saw actual gameplay. Guess it looks alright.
Though i generally don't like most sports games.
When people are enjoying themselves playing a sports game, do you go among them specially to tell them you don't like them?

Kinda the problem here. Just let us enjoy the stuff we like, and when the stuff YOU like comes along, tell us how much you enjoy it.

But I suppose I can agree with this. For now.
Oh, great. BECAUSE THAT'S THE DAMN POINT I'M TRYING TO MAKE ALL ALONG.

I'm just telling people not to say they dislike games "just because". It has no point to an actual discussion, and it pisses off people who are trying to enjoy these games when others are just saying "Who likes this crap?"

LET'S. ENJOY. GAMES. PEOPLE.

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
RABBIDS~! <3 >U<

With cool-looking Back to the Future text! And time-traveling washing machine! XD

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
RABBIDS~! <3 >U<

With cool-looking Back to the Future text! And time-traveling washing machine! XD
Think it's minigames, or platforming like the last one?

I LOVED that last one.

Aresian

Huh. I do actually state why I don't like something. :3

But I digress. Know what I do like about E3?

I don't actually have to be there anymore. The internet and televised productions are so advanced now that I can get all the news I want without actually watching them.

Or I can watch the meat without listening to things like press conferences involving things that have nothing to do with me.

But most of all.

I love KOTOR. Oh by the Nine Divines, I love KOTOR.

Also.

RABBIDS~! <3 >U<

Mom, can you tell me the appeal of Rabbids? It looks so wacky during commercials... but people rave about it. Tell me moar?

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
I love KOTOR. Oh by the Nine Divines, I love KOTOR.
That's all I needed to hear. Gimme a hug. ;_;

Also, Rabbids is about getting lots of stuff. Then putting it together. Then climbing it...

...TO THE MOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!

Also, wow. The new Ghost Recon looks INSANE.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Wow... I'm not a fan of Tom Clancy... but this looks awesome. I might actually get it.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Mom, can you tell me the appeal of Rabbids? It looks so wacky during commercials... but people rave about it. Tell me moar?
People love the Rabbids basically because they're whacky.  No matter what possible topic you think up, they can make a crazy game out of it.

I like the concept of the upcoming Raving Rabbids, but it'd have been nice if they told you something, you know, about gameplay.  Trailers alone work for franchises that have a consistent play style, but the Rabbids could be anything.  Ah well, guess we'll find out in due time.

DAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Aresian

That's all I needed to hear. Gimme a hug. ;_;

Also, Rabbids is about getting lots of stuff. Then putting it together. Then climbing it...

...TO THE MOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!

Also, wow. The new Ghost Recon looks INSANE.

*insert bro hug* Hmm, Rabbids. It sounds interesting. I liked Katamari, so maybe this is up my alley. The missus will most likely enjoy it, based on what Hypershell said.

Thanks for the 411.

Offline Dexter Dexter

• Utterly jaded
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I was born with this face...
    • View Profile
So, Driver. Looks like it was derived from a cop show in the 1970s. Ahh.

SAMPLE TEXT

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
So, Driver. Looks like it was derived from a cop show in the 1970s (?). Ahh.
I haven't played any Driver game since the first three. I loved 1 and 2, but 3 was pretty much the worst GTA-like game I've ever, ever played.

...let's hope this one is good and redeems the franchise in general. The CG has some good style.

Hm... me likes. Tanner's back, and you just go from vehicle to vehicle. It's pretty much a comeback to classic Driver.

Offline Dexter Dexter

• Utterly jaded
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Uh-oh. My signal's on the fritz...

SAMPLE TEXT

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
0v0 WHA!?!? A new Rayman adventure!?!? <3

Wow, an artsy game even~ I love what I'm seeing! I want it!! <3

And that forest fairy was cute and sexy~ >U<

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
YES! RAYMAN!

...art and animation isn't as smooth as the original game, though. ;_;

...give us Beyond Good & Evil 2 and we'll be in bliss.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
AAAWWWW YEEEAAAAH

RAYMAN IN 2D

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYMMMMAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN!

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
YES! RAYMAN!

And the introduction of the story was funny too. And it's 2D like the first game~ <3
Because of this cartoon humor, I KNOW that I will love the game. ^.^

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Dexter Dexter

• Utterly jaded
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
FINALLY, a platformer.

SAMPLE TEXT

Offline Lilirulu

• Biometal Y
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • "NO DICE"
    • View Profile