The Official E3 2010 Discussion Thread & Lounge (Jun 13, 2010 - June 19, 2010)

Jericho · 94272

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile

Offline Dexter Dexter

• Utterly jaded
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I was born with this face...
    • View Profile
Not a rumor, the trailer came out already.
Okay, I got it. Anyhow... TAKE THAT, MICROSOFT AND SONY! HA HA HA HA!!!
AHEM... Anyhow, I am happy now.

SAMPLE TEXT

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
0:26 - 0:29 was inspired I tell you. XD

It was quite fabulous as well.  XD

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Despite my love for Goldeneye, I really see little point to it, especially if it's just a remake.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
So basically... the only interesting things so far are Star Wars MMO, Sims 3 and Metal Gear. Predictable. Of course, I heard slight mention of Fable 3 but other than that... it seems like the RPG factor is low on E3 so far. Can't say I'm shocked, the market is predominantly FPSes (ugh) and Action games (not really an issue). Also, inb4 Flash, yes I like JRPGs primarily. Not limited to that though. I like Action games, platformer, puzzle and even some shooters.

But FPSes just seem like rehashes of each other these days... which isn't a good thing for the type of market that it is coupled with the inflation of FPSes in general. They need to do something more "new" and a lot of them do a good job of that. Like Lost Planet for example. Call of Duty needs to just fall off the map. It's the same old game every time with additions that are about as effective as additions in a sports game. (Sorry PB, it should be DLC by this point instead of a new game every year with virtually nothing new)

Of course, this isn't the end of E3 yet and the "worst" is more or less over hopefully.

Also, yes, I'm extreme in my opinion, but this is a bloody eff'n discussion thread, so I'ma say my thoughts and you're gonna either comment back on it or take it like a man and suck it down. Anyway, is there any links to anything Fable 3 related? Did they even show anything worth seeing? Help a brother out :3

Also, lemme know when we get some vids of Star Wars, I'm unable to watch the E3 live deal. ;_;
Funnily enough, I find it the exact opposite. We've gotten good, refreshing stuff this year, quite alot of new stuff, and on the FPS table, we've got two FPSes from EA that seem to fit both the best standards: One that's got amazing graphics and features huge realistic fighting against gigantic mechs and stuff like buildings toppling... and one that's completely about over the top action and fun gore, curse words and colorful stuff happening all around. I think we've gotten some pretty DAMN GOOD stuff so far, along with the typical war games that get better and better this year. Face it, if Lost Planet wasn't being made by Capcom, you'd say it was generic all the same. =P

Anyway, isn't this a friggin' MEGAMAN board? I thought you people were used to constant sequels that didn't change a thing. =P Allow us western game lovers our own guilty pleasures.

Despite my love for Goldeneye, I really see little point to it, especially if it's just a remake.
I guess it gives a whole new generation a chance to try it.

...but I think it's gonna be radically aged nowadays, just like Perfect Dark was when it was ported to the 360.

Offline Lilirulu

• Biometal Y
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • "NO DICE"
    • View Profile
The graphic in the FPS did look awesome but. . .

I'm a RPG gurl. I like to see some interesting PC games too.

"Sumo Wrestlers are sexy by DEFAULT!"-[DA]-[SA]-[Pixiv]

Offline Dexter Dexter

• Utterly jaded
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
I'm just looking for a platformer... or two.

SAMPLE TEXT

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
The thing I look for in FPS's are weapons, and so far I like Bulletstorm's the best.  Being that it's being developed by Epic, I have high hopes.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Just reminding folks, the OP is getting updated as the conferences end and it's worth it to take a good look through there every now and again. You might find something good there like Q Entertainment making a spiritual successor to Rez on the Dreamcast. 8D

I think tomorrow's our day. 8D

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
I'm still waiting on my damn ZOE3.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Anyway, isn't this a friggin' MEGAMAN board? I thought you people were used to constant sequels that didn't change a thing. =P
Can't argue with that one.  I get when people want something new, but sometimes the opposite extreme can be just as ugly, degrading into what I refer to as sequel-phobia.  As is the case in every single IGN review of any established franchise on Wii which does not include "Galaxy" in the name.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
The time of the platformers has kinda passed. Nobody but a few companies even attempt to make more. But maybe we'll see something of a new Ratchet & Clank, or Little Big Planet soon. Those two are always awesome.

The thing I look for in FPS's are weapons, and so far I like Bulletstorm's the best.  Being that it's being developed by Epic, I have high hopes.
These looked big, mean, and blowey-uppy. Everything I want in my weapons.

Offline Dexter Dexter

• Utterly jaded
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
The time of the platformers has kinda passed. Nobody but a few companies even attempt to make more. But maybe we'll see something of a new Ratchet & Clank, or Little Big Planet soon. Those two are always awesome.
Ratchet & Clank looked awesome. Too bad I never got to play it.

SAMPLE TEXT

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
These looked big, mean, and blowey-uppy. Everything I want in my weapons.

I just like creative weapons.  It's why I loved Perfect Dark so much.

Offline ST Jestah

• Procastinator Extraordinair
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Just chilling in the Nexus.
    • View Profile
So far, this E3 looks good to moi.

Metal Gear Rising looks intresting. But I gotta see/hear/or read about it a bit more before I decide to get a 360 to play it. (Or PS3 if they decide to port it later on).

Same thing goes for a few things on EA. Games that got my intrest were Dead Space 2 (Though I have yet to play the first), Gears of War 3 (And this is from a guy who isn't a very big GoW fan) and Bulletstorm...GIANT WHEEL OF PURSUIT!

Cant say much for Nat-oh wait its callec Kinnectticut now. Well can't say much since I wasn't able to see the conference online (and I wouldn't have enjoyed it since my audio seems to be having some problems this days) but I wasn't really intrested in that at all really.

Now just sitting here waiting for the Ubisoft conference to start.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
I just like creative weapons.  It's why I loved Perfect Dark so much.
DAT LAPTOP GUN.

Ratchet & Clank looked awesome. Too bad I never got to play it.
I recomend. The first trilogy and the last title are incredible.

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Lilirulu

• Biometal Y
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • "NO DICE"
    • View Profile
Vixy, you are the link master aren't you?

"Sumo Wrestlers are sexy by DEFAULT!"-[DA]-[SA]-[Pixiv]

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Vixy, you are the link mistress aren't you?

Um nya, I just put the ones I think has worked the best for me so far. nun
GameSpot is good for low bitrates (or weak laptops with overheat problems). x3x

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
DAT LAPTOP GUN.

Ex. actly!  XD

Um nya, I just put the ones I think has worked the best for me so far. nun
GameSpot is good for low bitrates (or weak laptops with overheat problems). x3x

I'll still refer to you as the Link Master.  It's a neat nickname.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
You can also check the OP for these things too. :P

Also, I just had to share this with you all: Warner Bros. & 5th Cell have released a Super Scribblenauts E3 trailer consisting of cows fighting against alien abduction with swords. I am not making this up. Video here. XD

Aresian

Funnily enough, I find it the exact opposite. We've gotten good, refreshing stuff this year, quite alot of new stuff, and on the FPS table, we've got two FPSes from EA that seem to fit both the best standards: One that's got amazing graphics and features huge realistic fighting against gigantic mechs and stuff like buildings toppling... and one that's completely about over the top action and fun gore, curse words and colorful stuff happening all around. I think we've gotten some pretty DAMN GOOD stuff so far, along with the typical war games that get better and better this year. Face it, if Lost Planet wasn't being made by Capcom, you'd say it was generic all the same. =P

Anyway, isn't this a friggin' MEGAMAN board? I thought you people were used to constant sequels that didn't change a thing. =P Allow us western game lovers our own guilty pleasures.

I guess it gives a whole new generation a chance to try it.

...but I think it's gonna be radically aged nowadays, just like Perfect Dark was when it was ported to the 360.

LOL. First and foremost, I didn't even know Lost Planet was Capcom made when I first played it. My friend got it through Gamefly, I played it and knew immediately it was something different than the usual deal. I was hooked and happened to find out it's a Capcom game somewhere along the road.

Also, I'm not that big of a fan of Capcom OR Megaman (In General). I am very specific about both. I'm also one of the bigger critics towards Megaman and its community... so those statements don't apply to me. 8D

I only have love for the EXE and Legends series, I only like the X and Classic series to a degree. Classic series only has two games I truly like (2 and 6) and the X series only liking X 4, 8 and Command Missions... all of which feel different from each other by my opinion. Also, I love Axl. Everyone else hates Axl.

Let us get to the meat of the discussion though, now that we know a bit more about me. Graphics whoring has never been my thing (I say that with respect actually, as I consider myself a RPG whore). Over the top action I prefer to get my fix from Zone of the Enders... and yeah, I know. Weeaboo. Well, yeah, that's me. I hear enough cursing from dipshit teenagers who wear their pants down to their knees, so a bunch of cursing doesn't do it for me either. Though, you mentioned Mechs. I love mechs. I don't doubt that these FPSes have some good stuff in it, but it's just not me, ya know? I'm waiting to see what Nintendo has and... god forbid, Sony. Though honestly, I expected more RPG work from Microsoft than Sony... that said though, RPGs just aren't the centerfold of the picture anymore... it's all about you guys now. The new "Hardcore Gamers" of this era.