The Official E3 2010 Discussion Thread & Lounge (Jun 13, 2010 - June 19, 2010)

Jericho · 94691

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Also, I just had to share this with you all: Warner Bros. & 5th Cell have released a Super Scribblenauts E3 trailer consisting of cows fighting against alien abduction with swords. I am not making this up. Video here. XD

If I can type in Rainbow Nazi and get a Rainbow colored Nazi, this might be the best game ever.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
LOL. First and foremost, I didn't even know Lost Planet was Capcom made when I first played it. My friend got it through Gamefly, I played it and knew immediately it was something different than the usual deal. I was hooked and happened to find out it's a Capcom game somewhere along the road.

Also, I'm not that big of a fan of Capcom OR Megaman (In General). I am very specific about both. I'm also one of the bigger critics towards Megaman and its community... so those statements don't apply to me. 8D

I only have love for the EXE and Legends series, I only like the X and Classic series to a degree. Classic series only has two games I truly like (2 and 6) and the X series only liking X 4, 8 and Command Missions... all of which feel different from each other by my opinion. Also, I love Axl. Everyone else hates Axl.

Let us get to the meat of the discussion though, now that we know a bit more about me. Graphics whoring has never been my thing (I say that with respect actually, as I consider myself a RPG whore). Over the top action I prefer to get my fix from Zone of the Enders... and yeah, I know. Weeaboo. Well, yeah, that's me. I hear enough cursing from dipshit teenagers who wear their pants down to their knees, so a bunch of cursing doesn't do it for me either. Though, you mentioned Mechs. I love mechs. I don't doubt that these FPSes have some good stuff in it, but it's just not me, ya know? I'm waiting to see what Nintendo has and... god forbid, Sony. Though honestly, I expected more RPG work from Microsoft than Sony... that said though, RPGs just aren't the centerfold of the picture anymore... it's all about you guys now. The new "Hardcore Gamers" of this era.
"You guys", huh? Oh, yeah. Because if I like this kind of game, I must obviously be a "you guys". Listen, I'm as much of an RPG nut as you are. I played tabletop RPGs when I was little, I got addicted through the original Neverwinter Nights in an old PC at my mom's office. I've played tons of MUDs, classic RPGs, the entire Bioware catalogue, Fallout and Icewind Dale, I spent months with tiny mods in Morrowind and Oblivion, I got RPGs coming out of my ass. And I actually like them better than FPS games. But honestly, purely honestly, it's refreshing to see ANY kind of good game out of any genre nowadays. FPS games are pretty damn good, as are action games, simulators, racing games and all that jazz. I'm a big fan of ZOE too, it's the only mech game besides Steel Batallion which I could actually play and enjoy myself.

Now, I groan at new JRPGs. Can't stand the shitty clichéd weeaboo moe girlies and the typical emo protagonists with a story which isn't worth a damn and a sword big enough to make up for an entire country's lack of virility. But I always try them, try to enjoy them, get with the fun. I didn't like realistic racers until awhile ago. Then I joined the communities, went with the flow, they're pretty damn fun.

My point is, try to enjoy stuff with other people. Just because things don't "suit your style", you got better things to do than to stand around and [sonic slicer] about it. I'm LOVING this E3, and I see too much damn criticism about things not being to the genre people around here love. Well, tough luck, this is EA and Microsoft, two companies which pretty much scream "western games". You wouldn't like it if I bitched about not having enough FPS or WRPG games in Nintendo's conference while you're spazzing out about the new Zelda or Metroid, so please, try and be considerate and let people like me enjoy these things without the typical "wah wah wah" of whiners who don't get what they want.

Offline Lilirulu

• Biometal Y
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • "NO DICE"
    • View Profile
People don't make many RPGs anymore ;_;

Oh that scribblenauts trailer was awesome.

If I can type in Rainbow Nazi and get a Rainbow colored Nazi, this might be the best game ever.

That would be interesting.

"Sumo Wrestlers are sexy by DEFAULT!"-[DA]-[SA]-[Pixiv]

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Face it, if Lost Planet wasn't being made by Capcom, you'd say it was generic all the same. =P

"You guys", huh? Oh, yeah. Because if I like this kind of game, I must obviously be a "you guys".

Amazing how assumptions go both ways, isn't it?  XD

Posted on: June 14, 2010, 06:51:36 PM
That would be interesting.

Or perhaps Space Nazi, which given the Iron Sky movie coming out, should definitely be on the list!

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Amazing how assumptions go both ways, isn't it?  XD
Yep. Specially since Lost Planet hasn't been doing too well in reputation, and is quite similar alot of shooters. It's the Capcom reputation that pulls it through a ton of things. Shame Dark Void didn't get to be at least mediocre. It could have used that.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
That's awesome, and has nothing to do with my point!  XD

Looks like Ubisoft is starting now!  Sadly, time to go make dinner!

Offline Lilirulu

• Biometal Y
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • "NO DICE"
    • View Profile
Oh~ That's beautiful *o*

Haha I heard  Genki rockets in there :D

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Has this rumor been posted before?

http://wii.ign.com/articles/109/1096857p1.html

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Game looks pretty damn good. Hope it's as fun to play as it is to watch.

Offline Dexter Dexter

• Utterly jaded
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I was born with this face...
    • View Profile
Dat [parasitic bomb] look trippy. 8B Too bad I won't be playin' ALL OF 'EM. But you all knew that.

SAMPLE TEXT

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
I want to play that "Child of Eden"! That looked a lot of fun~ And I loved the Lumines games on PSP. <3

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Dexter Dexter

• Utterly jaded
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Has this rumor been posted before?

http://wii.ign.com/articles/109/1096857p1.html
I believe that has been discussed already. But I like.

SAMPLE TEXT

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Has the sound been failing for you guys too, or just for me?

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
New Assassin's Creed?! <3

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Dantonumanoa Ongdolota Amycronicon

• Unwholesome, unsavory and unintelligible
  • Neo Arcadian
  • o fuk my k/d ratio
    • View Profile
Reply #289 on: June 15, 2010, 02:11:42 AM

I put on my [twin slasher] face.

I also go by Spectro D., Idylleaus, Malabar, and Dumb-bit Twofuck.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Damn, it's breaking all over for me for some reason.

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Oh wow! Horse riding, camera-changing scenery, open environment like the old games. Looks good. x3

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
The new AC looks INCREDIBLE. And an awesome straight sequel to AC2.

...too bad it destroys the villa we spent so many hours building. ;_;

UNCLE MARIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

...it was him... Mario... ;_;

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Shaun White Skateboarding...?

Does anyone even care? >_>

Offline Dexter Dexter

• Utterly jaded
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
You start out in a dystopian environment? That's new.

SAMPLE TEXT

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Shaun White Skateboarding...?

Does anyone even care? >_>
...I do. I like Skateboarding games. You got a problem with it?

And it looks pretty damn good. It seems to use the principle that as long as you keep doing combos, the level becomes easier and easier for you to skate in, turning a city into a full-blown skatepark. And becoming more colorful. A kind of Okami-like game, in which color lasts as long as an awesome combo.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
This is a skateboard game I could enjoy.

Looks really cool.

Offline Lilirulu

• Biometal Y
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • "NO DICE"
    • View Profile
The Assassin Creed game looks awesome.

Not to interested in the skating game.

PLEASE POST THIS TIME

Offline Nicole Claris

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
    • Rise of Aetheria- An Arts and Roleplaying Site
*unlurks*

Now, I groan at new JRPGs. Can't stand the shitty clichéd weeaboo moe girlies and the typical emo protagonists with a story which isn't worth a damn and a sword big enough to make up for an entire country's lack of virility. But I always try them, try to enjoy them, get with the fun. I didn't like realistic racers until awhile ago. Then I joined the communities, went with the flow, they're pretty damn fun.
OH [parasitic bomb] I DIDN'T KNOW THAT EVERY JRPG WAS Final Fantasy VII​!  8D

The reality is that E3 is for showy, flashy games that are often not a fair share of every genre. It's for the graphics, for the 'OMGAWD WE CAN CUT THINGS THIS WAY', not for the game play or the story. So we get maybe 1/8th of what makes a game. And how many times has E3 disappointed with their 'showcase games' that ended up being gimmicky. Didn't a lot of the original Wii games end up sub par? Red Steel vs Red Steel 2?

You wouldn't like it if I bitched about not having enough FPS or WRPG games in Nintendo's conference while you're spazzing out about the new Zelda or Metroid, so please, try and be considerate and let people like me enjoy these things without the typical "wah wah wah" of whiners who don't get what they want.
Actually we wouldn't complain about you complaining cause you're the only one complaining about people's opinions. Everyone else takes it with a grain of salt.

ANYWAY can anyone link me to the Sim3 stuff? Pleaaaaase? Also I'm sad I couldn't afford the first Scribblenauts, gonna have to be a good girl to get the next one.  :3

“We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.”
Benjamin Franklin

Offline Dexter Dexter

• Utterly jaded
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
A virtual(?) shooter eh? 8B 8B 8B

SAMPLE TEXT