At The Movies With RPM

Protoman Blues · 208969

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #1025 on: August 01, 2014, 04:53:20 AM
Just got back from Guardians of the Galaxy.

Incredibly fun movie, lots of action, lots of jokes.
LOVED the Post-Credits gag.
[spoiler]Oh Howard, this is where you ended up?[/spoiler]

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1026 on: August 01, 2014, 06:31:28 AM

Now that I watched The Dark Knight Returns, I finally know where this is from.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #1027 on: August 02, 2014, 07:22:54 AM
Yeah, Guardians was amazing. The thing I loved the most was that every character was quotable. That is a hard thing to do and still have an amazing movie. :3

[spoiler]One of my favorite lines was Gamora saying she wouldn't succumb to Peter's "pelvic sorcery." Perhaps someone could use that term in Wilypocalypse in reference to PB or something.[/spoiler]

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1028 on: August 02, 2014, 10:28:52 AM
BIRDMAN - Official International Trailer

I'm still a bit confused as to what's going on in these trailers.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1029 on: August 02, 2014, 04:13:32 PM
From what i understand, it's basically a more dramatized "Michael Keaton's Career" the movie.

a washed up actor famous for playing a superhero who now struggles with a broadway play or something like that and is trying to recover his career.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1030 on: August 03, 2014, 06:29:37 AM
I cannot wait to see that movie!

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Reply #1031 on: August 07, 2014, 07:27:18 AM
NINJA TURTLES TRAILER #2/3
NINJA TURTLES TV Spot #3

I'm a TMNT fan and I love everything about the Turtles... but this movie... I'm going to have low expectations on it. I don't FEEL the vibe from it as the other Turtles series and movies, and even though the old live-action movies didn't age well I still love them (even 3 that I'm surprised many people didn't like), something about this one comes off wrong.

I mean aside from the design, which is horrible in my opinion, they're too BIG and BULKY to be either Ninjas or Teenagers. It's one thing to be well-tone by these guys are massive! How do you suppose they can slip in and out of window unseen?

I will still watch with, with free passes of course, but I don't think it's going to be a good TMNT movie.

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1032 on: August 07, 2014, 07:34:53 AM
It's already being panned.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #1033 on: August 07, 2014, 08:33:08 AM
I saw someone on my Twitter feed mention they were glad they didn't pay to see it haha

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1034 on: August 08, 2014, 04:21:54 AM
Well I came back from seeing the Ninja Turtles movie today. I kept my expectations low... it wasn't low enough.

My god there were SO many problems with this movie's story and everything, I don't know where to begin.

[spoiler]
*The movie focuses WAY too much on Megan Fox (April O'Neal) and the Turtles are actually shafted from their own movie

*The Turtles barely had any screentime or develop as characters and felt so one-dimensional it was an insult to their characters

*The Turtles and Splinter were APRIL O'NEIL'S PETS and she NAMED THEM herself. What the hell!? Hamato Yoshi does not exist in this movie at all and the Turtles and Splinter's origin messed up

*The Turtles and Splinter were Test Subjects for the Mutagen which Sachs and April's Father MADE and the Mutagen was might to be an ANTIDOTE for a man-made disease created by the Shredder and Sachs.

*Foot Clan is a Terrorist-type of group who use guns and explosives instead of a group of trained Ninjas or angry teens who use Ninja Weapons

*Sachs is the adopted-son and student of Shredder and Karai is just a student or grunt who uses a GUN to fight with... not a Kunai or Ninja Weapon

*Splinter was NOT a Ninja Master who learned Ninjustu from Hamato Yoshi or elsewhere and learned it from a BOOK that was in the Sewers and learned to use Ninjustu himself before teaching the Turtles

*No Casey Jones and is replaced by Vernon Fenwick who looks 10 years older than April and tries to flirt or get her interest in him

*Shredder, who is the Master of the Foot Clan, is more of a grunt in the movie and has no prior connection with the Turtles and Splinter and so there's no strife or meaningful engagement between them and is seen more like "Great Evil we guys got to stop him"!

*April is the one to save the Turtles and Splinter in her youth and set them free into the Sewers

*Sachs is the main big bad and wants the Mutagen from the Turtles' blood to recreate the Antidote and use it after unleashing the Poison so he can be a "hero" and be rich from his "cure"

*The Turtles have hardly any interaction with each other to show how close they are by fighting, arguing, playing, goofing off, and being like brothers do. They're mostly there for the action and fight scenes and hardly have a lot of dialogue compared to the human cast

*April O'Neal is the one who FREAKIN' defeats Shredder in the end by KICKING him in the FACE and knocking him to the ground from a Radio Antenna hanging off of a building and using the Turtles as a pendulum

*Only a couple of lines saying "Cowbunga" and only Mikey and Raph say it and there's only two or three Pizza scenes but they're short to show everyone they love Pizza but not exactly seen eating it 
[/spoiler]

Only saving grace of the movie was Mikey, they kept him as the funny guy as he is, but it wasn't enough and hardly any funny scenes.

I mean, I'm a Turtles fan and I love everything about the Turtles, but this was not a Turtles movie. It was an April O'Neal movie and even then Megan Fox was a poor choice even when she shouts out "RAPHEAL!", "SHREDDER!" it felt like... she was trying too hard.

I was very disappointed with the movie, I gave it a shot but I didn't like it. Even my little brother was disappointed, his friend though might of liked it a bit better than us but I know a few people in the theather didn't like it.

"This movie sucked"

That's what the Turtle fan said with a TMNT shirt on we exit the movies.

I do not recommend this movie, they butchered up the storyline too much, and it felt so short and none of the characters developed. Though they didn't age well and are out-of-date the old live action TMNT movies were better than this. Go see that instead.

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1035 on: August 08, 2014, 04:39:07 AM
If Chris actually hates something to this extent, this must be the worst film ever created.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #1036 on: August 08, 2014, 04:43:52 AM
Sounds like Dragonball Evolution all over again.  My question is why they casted Megan Fox as April, isn't she supposed to be older?

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #1037 on: August 08, 2014, 05:04:10 AM
Sounds like Dragonball Evolution all over again.  My question is why they casted Megan Fox as April, isn't she supposed to be older?

Its because Micheal Bay and Megan Fox are totally BFFs again after whatever fight they had that made her not be in Transformers 3.
I guess this is their way of making up or something, give her the lead role in a bad movie.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1038 on: August 08, 2014, 05:04:25 AM
The trailers were off-putting enough.  If it's this bad, should spoiling it even be a concern?

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1039 on: August 08, 2014, 08:43:19 AM
Sounds pretty terrible alright.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1040 on: August 08, 2014, 11:02:34 PM
I've been a TMNT fan since a little kid and collected almost ALL of the toys and games as well as watched the old TMNT movies including the odd CGI TMNT movie, which despite being a story that didn't really make sense, I still showcase the Turtles' relationship with each other and how they overcome their problems and grow closer together as a family.

That wasn't the case with this TMNT movie, it didn't have what I loved about the Turtles. More than their awesome Ninjustu and weapons it was their interaction with each other and how they coop with each other as a family. They was none of that in this family, or it was barely nonexistent, and they were kinda treated like GUEST CHARACTERS in their own movie.

One thing that irks me is the comments I read on YouTube so far saying that they thought it was a GOOD movie or that it was the BEST or SECOND BEST TMNT movie. I mean, what? The story was botched up and there were hardly any Turtle screentime it Sachs was taking the role of the main villain of the movie and not Shredder.

*Shakes head* Sometimes I can't believe some people's tastes in movies nowadays. There are good and bad movies from time to time, but this was a bad TMNT movie I don't know how anyone would think this was better than the original (well the first live action) old TMNT movies.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1041 on: August 08, 2014, 11:24:26 PM
You can't expect Michael Bay to successfully adapt anything right.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1042 on: August 09, 2014, 12:37:44 AM
You can't expect Michael Bay to successfully adapt anything right.
For some reason I'm thinking of him making a Duke Nukem movie and somehow screwing it up royally.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1043 on: August 09, 2014, 05:06:30 PM
I'm more surprise there are people saying that the Ninja Turtles movie was AWESOME in their opinion... I mean they botched up their story lore and you barely get to see the brotherly relationship between the Turtles. To each of their own... the movie made like $4.6 million opening weekend.

Honestly there are just a few comments about the movie being awesome to them, to each of their own, I really think it's going to bomb.

And Michael Bay was the PRODUCER not the DIRECTOR of the Ninja Turtles movie, sure he has some influence on the movie, by it was mostly directed by Jonathan Liebesman. Well the movie DID get a lot of negative reviews from the critics and though I usually don't read about it... they're right about this one like the Dragon Ball Evolution movie.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1044 on: August 09, 2014, 09:17:29 PM
The people who said it was awesome...

They are not true fans. B(

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1045 on: August 09, 2014, 11:35:16 PM
Who is saying it's awesome? I mean it's being critically panned left & right.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1046 on: August 09, 2014, 11:45:21 PM
The most "positive" review I've seen is that it's "better than Transformers."

Then again, when something starts at the bottom, it doesn't take much to be above it.  Doesn't make something "good," as when you multiply by zero, you still get zero.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1047 on: August 13, 2014, 08:45:31 PM
Uh you EVA fans better brace yourselves.......

I hope it's not true, but various sources are saying the same.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1048 on: August 13, 2014, 09:16:26 PM
I wonder who Megan Fox will be playing.  ::)

That being said Shia Labeouf would be a good Shinji, he's a natural at playing unlikeable annoying protagonists. *cough*   8D

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1049 on: August 13, 2014, 09:17:53 PM
Agreed, I think the absolute worst Bay could do is actually make EVA make sense. XD