Offline MadManX

• Supporter of Everything Epic!
  • Robot Master
  • The Fightin' Fef!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Page
Reply #1425 on: June 26, 2010, 02:31:40 AM
(Wow, didn't realize reading 57 pages would take at least 3 days...  :o

Anyway, since we're so far into the story, can I still join in with a hero character? I already have a backstory connected to him, just need a little space to set him up. Otherwise, I'll settle for a small enemy character.)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1426 on: June 26, 2010, 04:16:09 AM
I really have no idea. Ask the other heroes.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1427 on: June 26, 2010, 04:20:28 AM
I'll go with flame, and since he didn't respond to my attack, I'll just kill him... 8D

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1428 on: June 26, 2010, 04:22:05 AM
The blade begins to fight the black armor while Alucard leaps and vanishes. Suddenly he appears behind Flame and strikes his back.
Flame quickly spins his sword blade downwards, and catches the attack with it without even turning around. He then applies force and swings outwards, sending Alucard back a bit.

"A sneak attack? A backstab? My how you have fallen, prince!"
Flame spins around and rushes at Alucard with his sword, swinging heavy attacks at him, giving him very little room to attack.

"Haaa!" after a left right swing combo, Flame thrusts the sword forward at Alucard, releasing black flames at him from the blade.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline MadManX

• Robot Master
  • The Fightin' Fef!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Page
Reply #1429 on: June 26, 2010, 08:25:00 AM
(Oh well, guess I'll have to wing it. I guess if it's Kosher, I'll be dropped in with the group like Alice, if not...well, it'll make a nice side story! -u-' )

Meanwhile, during the tale of the former comrades, in the cold wasteland that is the outer castle gates, wandered a spirited youth not afraid to embrace the outdoor environment. Compared to normal villagers, who quiver in the shadows of looming trees, this adventurer seemed...indifferent to nature's call. Garbed in leather hide laced with iron scraps, the lad sat around a campfire.

"Matthias Wyvern, huh? What's so special about someone who's named along with thousands of other gifts?"

As he looked into the fire, he reflected on what was going to come from his mission from the Order, to investigate the "Dracula Phenomenon". Adopted by the order since he was 8, he has been raised as a squire for the higher-ups within the organization. However, he was not there for only carrying spare materials - as a packing mule - but there was a few traits that spread him apart...

"Heh, guess that's enough self-pity. Doesn't do well with stress...time for a snack!"

Within the bushes, a venomous snake crawled by for its own meal, an overgrown rat. Realizing that Matt hadn't packed his knife when leaving the inn, things wouldn't be going well unless had an advantage. However, an Owl suddenly appeared to complete the food chain. Matt raised and squeezed his hand at the Owl, then made a stern face in concentration. Normally, people would think this wanderer would be a little loopy, but within seconds, a ball of gas was sucked out of the owl into the palm of Matt's hand, and soon morphed it into the shape of the Owl's talon. Using his new advantage, Matt pounced on the snake and snapped its head before it could harm the rat. The hand vented out the spirit of the Owl, returning to the animal from whence it came before the owl fled the scene.

"Well, that guy probably had other fish to fry. No doubt, heh, because I pretty much did his job for him! After this snack, guess I'll clean myself up for the big count then. Wouldn't want to keep someone like his snooty butlers waiting," said he with a smirk before setting up a sizzle for the meal.

Offline Alice in Entropy

• Genderifically Confuzzled
  • Master's Unit
  • MAKE LOVE FOR MY KITTENS
    • View Profile
Reply #1430 on: June 26, 2010, 11:29:28 AM
[@MadManX: I have a character wandering around by himself (well, technically), if you want to join him in the castle halls.]

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #1431 on: June 26, 2010, 01:11:23 PM
Alice hesitated for a moment, then at last gave another sigh and conceded herself.

"Fine. What's the problem?"
The rabbit on Alice´s head replied:

"No need to worry about it. First you need to find the necromancer. He´s somewhere around the chapel. There´´s a graveyard there, though I´ve never seen anyone to be burried there."

"Say Chrono, why don´t you go with her?"
Asked Zephyr.

Offline Alice in Entropy

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1432 on: June 26, 2010, 04:21:43 PM
Alice and the White Rabbit. There was definitely some metaphysical japery going on here.

"Alright." She managed a small smile. Though still not quite willing to lay her trust on them, Alice was a little surprised at the gentility of the monsters offering their services to her. Still, fingers on knives, just in case.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #1433 on: June 26, 2010, 05:22:58 PM
"Well then, I wish you good luck."

Said the doctor with a friendly smile. Before Alice could say anything else, she and the rabbit were standing in front of the passageway that led to the lab.

"Okay then, we have no time to vaste."
Said the chronomage

Offline MadManX

• Robot Master
  • The Fightin' Fef!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Page
Reply #1434 on: June 26, 2010, 06:48:10 PM
(@Alice: Sounds like a plan. 8) )

However, Matt's meal came to an abrupt end just as he picked off the last shred of meat from the snake. Something was watching him within the castle walls...Then, a metal shuffle was heard. Was it to the right? Matt Swiveled to his right side, but saw...nothing.

"Maybe to the left...", Matt whispered before hearing a gust roar above his head. Immediately he rolled left to dodge the new assailant as the humanoid stabbed the ground with an elongated rapier...no, it was long, but definitely not a rapier...it was specifically custom-made to be an extremely tall long sword.

As the humanoid rose, Matt found out that there was nothing humanoid about it. Standing with Silver Armor crafted with golden grooves, the helmet which jutted out a long rod hid a penetrating glare underneath. Once the knight regained his balance, he "danced" his way to Matt, weaving around like his movements were once martial arts in origin as he slashed down nearby statues.
[spoiler](No, seriously, I'm not trying to be erotic, this is an actual boss from another game. Hint: it's for the PS3, the most realistic RP since Elder Scrolls, you die A LOT, and his name is given away within the paragraph. Cookie to anyone who finds it!)[/spoiler]
Immediately, before Matt pierced his way to the heavens in the worst way possible, he reached his jabbed hand into the nearest Axe Armor to suck out his soul, gaining throwing axes in the process.

"Just a little closer..." Matt grumbled, as he waited for the knight to come within range. He wasn't so good at throwing, to be honest, but desperate times...

As the knight slowed down to give one last glance at his opponent, Matt immediately lobbed the Axe at his visor, connecting with the open slit to blind the knight. A VERY lucky shot. As the knight threw a fit destroying the statues nearby, Matt saw the opportunity to run into the castle for shelter.

"Would've REALLY liked to finish the bastard...but most of my gear was left behind at the campsite. And why did it have to be THROWING axes...?", Matt thought as he dashed through, unknowingly heading into the castle halls. "OUT OF MY WAY, BEFORE YOU GET A DATE WITH AN EXECUTIONER!" he yelled to the nearby creatures as he sprinted.

------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, at the castle gates, a stranger with a stylish (trench) coat covering his body snuck through the top of the wall. As he packed up his grappling hook, he spotted the now-blinded knight destroying statues worth thousands in gold.

"What a strange coincidence. I knew the inhabitants were blind in more ways than one, but this seems a bit much...tsk tsk tsk...Dracula would NOT be happy about this," as the stranger grinned while making his way downwards.

(Did they HAVE trench coats from the 1700's-1800s? Probably not! 8D )

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1435 on: June 27, 2010, 02:50:59 AM
Flame quickly spins his sword blade downwards, and catches the attack with it without even turning around. He then applies force and swings outwards, sending Alucard back a bit.

"A sneak attack? A backstab? My how you have fallen, prince!"
Flame spins around and rushes at Alucard with his sword, swinging heavy attacks at him, giving him very little room to attack.

"Haaa!" after a left right swing combo, Flame thrusts the sword forward at Alucard, releasing black flames at him from the blade.
The flames fizz out when it tries to puncture Alucard's armor. "Didn't you know my armor is resistant against fire?" He sid through spurts of blood from his mouth. He quickly grabbed Flame's blade and sent lightning through it. He couples with a smash to Flame's head.

"Your ego has overtaken your memory, I suppose."

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
  • Short for Sapphire Knight
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #1436 on: June 27, 2010, 02:52:52 AM
Bluebeard stopped and turned to Ammes and Leena. "You two coming or am I going the rest of this trip with a fairy and a lifeless body?"

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline Dantonumanoa Ongdolota Amycronicon

• Unwholesome, unsavory and unintelligible
  • Neo Arcadian
  • o fuk my k/d ratio
    • View Profile
Reply #1437 on: June 27, 2010, 03:48:54 AM
Bluebeard stopped and turned to Ammes and Leena. "You two coming or am I going the rest of this trip with a fairy and a lifeless body?"
[[But I'm already with you.]]

I put on my [twin slasher] face.

I also go by Spectro D., Idylleaus, Malabar, and Dumb-bit Twofuck.

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #1438 on: June 27, 2010, 03:56:35 AM
[Guess I missed it then.]

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline MadManX

• Robot Master
  • The Fightin' Fef!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Page
Reply #1439 on: June 27, 2010, 05:29:30 PM
[Come in Ninja Maid, Come in Ninja Maid, waiting for acknowledgment, over.]

As the mysterious man made his way through the main castle doors, avoiding the knight in so much agony, he finally reached inside of the castle.

"Wow. Quite a lavish estate the count has, eh?" he muttered to himself, awestruck at the wonderful paintings that probably never saw the light of day at the museum.

While he was taking in the majesty of the castle, a ditzy Persephone was nearby, realizing she procrastinated her duties for an unfair schedule. She made her way in a rush to make everything ship shape, but when she made her way over to the oddly-covered man, she tripped and fell over him. He tumbled down with her, his trench coat ruffled and showed some gaps to the skin...where there should be skin.

"Oh, excuse me mademoiselle. I didn't mean to startle you..." he assured as he arose. Having his hat knocked off, we get a good glimpse of his face. His color of skin seemed white as a ghost, almost powdery, as the shape of his face was bald and stern to give an intimidating look. However, an appreciative and gentle expression puts his physical standing more at ease. Yet, there was an oddity that would scare any mortal. On the right side of the temples of his forehead, there was a patch of his skin that seemed to blend in with the room. It constantly adjusted to the color of the room, to almost seem like he was...translucent.

"Anyway, madam, I wished to inquire about an interview to be hired here," the odd man said, with a vague invitation signed by the owner(s) of Dracula's castle himself.

(If the trench coat wasn't a giveaway sign, the "patch on his skin" is an even bigger giveaway to who he is.)

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #1440 on: June 27, 2010, 05:47:16 PM
(Wait, you wanted us to state it out loud? I thought it was pretty obvious :P the invisible man)

Offline Alice in Entropy

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1441 on: June 27, 2010, 05:56:51 PM
The lad stopped in his tracks as his claw became alerted to the presence of something nearby.

"I sense life in our immediate vicinity. Be on your guard."

Offline MadManX

• Robot Master
  • The Fightin' Fef!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Page
Reply #1442 on: June 27, 2010, 06:09:22 PM
[Whoops, didn't mean it like that. Leave it to a blabbermouth to make things SUPAH OBVIUS!! 8D

Besides, I'm normally confusing to other people when I write or speak, so I'd thought that would be better for other people. Unfortunately, that backfired...I'll stop now.

Anyway, you can control the Persephone talking to him if you want (that's why I didn't make her speak), and the knight at the beginning is yours too...he's the Penetrator from Demon's Souls, so no cookie for anybody now :( ]

As Matt slowed down to a halt from running so far from agile giant, he stopped to notice he wasn't where he expected to be.

"Leave it to me to bolt off without a map..." he grumbled with nervous laugh, when suddenly he came across a wandering youth, similar to his age. Matt immediately made his way to the lost man.

"Say...this might have been a bad idea, but...do you have a map of this place? I think I lost myself here..." Matt said while admiring the tapestry hanging about. "One more question, too...who's your friend?" as Matt sensed a unique soul signature coming from the lad's arm.

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #1443 on: June 27, 2010, 06:45:52 PM
As Bluebeard's party continued on, Bluebeard appeared to have no idea where he was going. This wasn't helped when he came across several rooms with nothing of importance in them. Great, I can sense where my sword is but not the route to get there.

My thread of Random Crap

Offline Alice in Entropy

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1444 on: June 27, 2010, 06:46:17 PM
The lad beamed when he saw a newcomer, ever optimistic as always.

"Oh, hi there! Nice to meet you! My name's--"

"His name is not important," grumbled the claw sardonically, "More to the point is, who - or what - are you?"

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #1445 on: June 27, 2010, 07:26:47 PM
As Bluebeard's party continued on, Bluebeard appeared to have no idea where he was going. This wasn't helped when he came across several rooms with nothing of importance in them. Great, I can sense where my sword is but not the route to get there.
"Now that´s an interesting sight. It seems there is no need for a labyrinth if you get lost on your own."

The group turned around to see three figures. 2 of them were Remus and Hans. The last one was a tall dark skinned muscular man dressed in oriental clothing - he looked a bit like a genie. The man was carrying a really large hammer. Hans seemed to have recovered from his fight with Ammes, just like Remus from his fight with Alucard. Remus was also carrying the sword that belonged to Igor.

"Hmpf. These half wits have caused all the commotion around here? They don´t even have muscles...or something that resembles a normal body!"

Said the tall man.

"Trust me Bruno, they are strong."
Said Hans.

"Mind if we join you?"

Asked Remus.

---------------------------------

Zephyr turned to Frankenstein.

"You´re really interested in that girl that much?"

"My dear friend, I am interested in all of my specimen and I want to find out anything about them. It´s after all part of my research, part of my curse. I´ve got the feeling though that you are also interested in that girl?"

"Her fighting style...it annoys me."

Retorted the vampire and vanished from the room.

Offline Alice in Entropy

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1446 on: June 27, 2010, 07:46:03 PM
"So, where can we find this Necromancer guy?"

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #1447 on: June 27, 2010, 07:48:48 PM
The rabbit hit lightly the girl´s head.

"Such a bad memory, I already told you that ihe´s probably inside the castle graveyard, which is near the Chapel. Do not tell me you don´t know where that is?"

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #1448 on: June 27, 2010, 10:25:59 PM
[Wait, is the sword Remus is holding Hachi, or is that still with Igor?]

My thread of Random Crap

Offline MadManX

• Robot Master
  • The Fightin' Fef!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Page
Reply #1449 on: June 27, 2010, 10:49:25 PM
The lad beamed when he saw a newcomer, ever optimistic as always.

"Oh, hi there! Nice to meet you! My name's--"

"His name is not important," grumbled the claw sardonically, "More to the point is, who - or what - are you?"
"Oh...you think I'm one of them? Nah..." Matt said chuckling. "I'm with the church, but I'm not a priest. Technically..."

As he spoke, he soon realized the Axe Armor's spirit he absorbed was yearning for freedom, to get outside of his body. Oh well, there was only a matter of time before this would happen, and he couldn't keep them forever...otherwise, a rebellious soul unwilling to cooperate would soon start to scar his soul, weakening him until it affected his strength physically. Matt let a blue steam exit out of his body, and the steam took the form of a nearby hollow armor.

"As you can see...I am a shaman. I can take the soul energy out of any life form, and use it to augment my body from the memory of the spirit. I can also release them from my body as well, and separate dark energy, body form information...even memories."

The released knight rose, and walked towards Matthias. Rather than the knight fight Matt like Matt expected and braced himself for from the time he ran away from the Penetrator...the knight placed its on his shoulder and let out a laugh that was a cross between a chuckle and a grunt, as it attached its new battle axe behind its back.

"And you can probably guess, I'm a pretty good exorcist, too. Hence how I noticed you, Mr. Claw," Matt said amused. "I was sent by the Order to investigate Dracula's Castle, and use my talents to gather as many specimen souls as I can to study what possesses these creatures to come every 100 years, as prophecy states. Using Eastern philosophy along with the West, we might have the key to contain the power that drives these creatures mad, weakening Dracula's strength until the day he can be captured himself. But, the problem I have now is that I've left the container -where I was supposed to store all these souls for examination- back at the front gates. I doubt I could get them back now, but I could make a new container if I knew where to go. So, do you have a map I could use? Or, at the least, tell me where I am?"