The Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Topic (ITS MAHVEL 3 BAYBEE)

Solar · 403678

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Your friendly neighborhood digger!
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #2275 on: November 14, 2011, 03:21:25 AM
Certainly nice. Still makes me wonder why they are going out of their way to keep him from being his own character. But... Nice nonetheless.

I'm still sticking to my theory of Classic MM as DLC.  It kinda makes sense in a way, given his previous history with the Marvel series.  I can see X getting into a different crossover, but Classic kinda has a history with Marvel.

Also, I miss Ken  :'(

[spoiler][/spoiler]

PSN: AquaTeamV3
NNID: BaconStunner
GGPO: AquaTeamV3
My YouTube Channel
The Digger's Database (My Megaman Legends site)

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2276 on: November 14, 2011, 03:29:12 AM
It's nice seeing 90s Jean Grey again (I always preferred the costumes from that era, or at least the cartoon).

Still makes me wonder why they are going out of their way to keep him from being his own character.

Knowing Niitsuma, the explanation for it will be complete bullshit.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #2277 on: November 14, 2011, 03:34:22 AM
What kinda team is everyone running? Right now I'm thinking of Dante (Jam Session)/Vergil (Rapid Slash)/Morrigan (Dark Harmonizer). I also have an idea brewing with Felicia (Rolling Buckler) either going second or anchoring. The basic idea of the team is to have everyone work to build meter for Vergil with whatever position their at. Dante does this best on point by forcing ToD threats, mixing up constantly with teleport shenanigans and being the loveable devil hunting swiss army knife he is. In the case of the team with Morrigan, liberal calls of Morrigan's Dark Harmonizer assist with its quick startup and recovery adds a third of a meter fairly frequently while he's in play to keep me playing with his Summoned Sword formations. (Crown of Swords is the sickest [parasitic bomb] ever.)

In the case that Dante & Verg both get KO'd, Morrigan comes in to play with a good stock of unburnt meter from those liberal calls I made and cleans up between playing Gradius with Astral Vision fireballs, X Factor if I didn't blow it already on Vergil's "Nelo Angelo" Lvl. 4 for a one hit KO, and just being that sexy succubus she's so good at being.

With the Felicia variant of this team, she plays either anchor or second in order to build more meter via dispatching a team or her d,d+H Meter Charge. She has good synergy with the rest of the team, creating strong left-right mixups with her Cat Crawl and calling Vergil's Rapid Slash assist and the "hard-to-block"-able with Dante's high attacks and her Rolling Buckler assist sounds too dirty not to try and use well. In the other variant of this team, she goes on as anchor to fully abuse X Factor and cause many rage quits via Dark Felicia Rising.

Anyone else kinda wish Hsien-Ko was Vampire Saviour good? Like seriously, I've been playing a lot of that lately and I hate that MVC3 Hsien isn't anywhere near the same league.

That X alt is way too [tornado fang]ing good. Also I feel like people buy into the "if there's an alt, character isn't happening" train of thought too much with this game. Niitsuma's been rallying behind X hard from way before Vanilla MVC3 and X was with Gene from Godhand as one of the last characters that got dropped in the final pool of characters for Ultimate. The only thing throwing a wrench in the plan is the multiple Classic Mega Man shoutouts in Ultimate between the Days of Future Past poster, Nova's Ending, and Thor's retconned ending.

X alt should become a full character and Zero should get a Megaman Zero alt. Him not getting that is the biggest injustice here.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #2278 on: November 14, 2011, 03:45:46 AM
Yeah, personally I'm hoping the X alt is secretly their way of starting some work already on Pringles Edition, and then Zero gets his MMZ alt and X becomes a full character with his MMX looks as an alt.

As for my team, I'm hoping for Phoenix Wright (Press the witness)/Amaterasu (Cold Star)/Rocket Raccoon (Log Trap). I really want to play Nick, and I'm never dropping Ammy (she also goes with everything!). Rocket looks fun and should provide all the cover Nick needs while looking for evidence, and if the assist should ever hit while I'm looking for an objection then I just got one for free!

Anyone else kinda wish Hsien-Ko was Vampire Saviour good? Like seriously, I've been playing a lot of that lately and I hate that MVC3 Hsien isn't anywhere near the same league.

Are you kidding? I'm sure everyone does, MvC3 Hsien-Ko is just depressing :(

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #2279 on: November 14, 2011, 03:54:11 AM
I'm planning on getting a PS3 & UMvC3 within the next few weeks.  I know I'm running Zero/User/Assist (playing to win here lol), but of course I need those last 2 spots filled.  I'll probably find out what works as I experiment with the game; I know that Iron Fist's kick assist looks pretty good as it's fast and causes a wall-bounce.  From what I know he's a ground-based fighter who has problems getting in on people, but is devastating when he does.  Rocket also looks really fun and his double-shot assist will help me out in the mixup/lockdown area.

From what I'm reading on SRK, UMvC3 is less about TOD combos (sayonara DHC glitch) and more about resets and mixups.  Meter builds slower too as compared to Vanilla, which further degrades that.  I'm hearing that most characters in the game are pretty much usable, save for Tron and Hsien-Ko, though even then they might have some new, un-discovered tech.

My YouTube Channel

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2280 on: November 14, 2011, 03:57:02 AM
Also I feel like people buy into the "if there's an alt, character isn't happening" train of thought too much with this game.

I can't speak for everyone else, but I dunno why they'd bother putting X in separately if Capcom apparently feels he plays so similarly to Zero (Maverick weapons, dammit, there's gotta be something to work with there).

MAYBE it's just some elaborate "we'l give these characters each other as alts so people can sorta pick how they want these guys to play" setup...but that's highly unlikely, and they could just have X's alt. be his CM armour or something instead.

X alt should become a full character and Zero should get a Megaman Zero alt. Him not getting that is the biggest injustice here.

Someone on TMMN suggested Zero.EXE; I think they'd be similar enough to avoid geometry-induced bugs (or something) and the buster issue (maybe?). I wouldn't mind an original alt, myself, but that's just me.

Since I don't have a PS3 or 360, I can't really discuss teams. I did try Tron/Sentinel/Hsien-Ko on regular MvC3 the other day, at a con--the other fellow wiped the floor with me. :(

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2281 on: November 14, 2011, 04:00:24 AM
What if we got Classic MM with the X alt? how would you guys feel about that? (although Classic would be better suited to a Protoman Alt)

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #2282 on: November 14, 2011, 04:02:01 AM
Tron has some new stuff guaranteed between new karas for her grabs and Beacon Bomb rapid fires. She was always decent, just no one beyond like PR Balrog and Flash Metroid bothered with her beyond her Gustaff Flame assist.

Any character that can control JEEEEEEAN as well as she does is sleeper at worst. XD

What if we got Classic MM with the X alt? how would you guys feel about that? (although Classic would be better suited to a Protoman Alt)

Same level of "aw man, why" as the Zero as X alt. Reason? X's Command Mission look.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #2283 on: November 14, 2011, 04:07:57 AM
I thought Jean ate her alive, but yeah, she's underrated (dat infinite).

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #2284 on: November 14, 2011, 04:10:26 AM
I'm honestly considering picking up Ryu (in Ken garb) as my second spot (User).  Capcom has taken him to new heights with all of the toys he's been given to play with:

[spoiler][youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wi45o6W7y7U[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcaozKl5KW0&feature=watch_response[/youtube][/spoiler]

I thought Jean ate her alive, but yeah, she's underrated (dat infinite).

Too bad it got patched in UMvC3.  I might try her out, but I honestly don't think she can do too much on point, and her assist game isn't what it used to be.  Then again, her drill assist may be worth something, so we'll see.

My YouTube Channel

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #2285 on: November 14, 2011, 04:15:10 AM
I can't speak for everyone else, but I dunno why they'd bother putting X in separately if Capcom apparently feels he plays so similarly to Zero (Maverick weapons, dammit, there's gotta be something to work with there).

Soul Body/Rolling Sheild/Tornado Fang/Silk Shot/Tri-Thunder/Meteor Rain/Sniper Missile/Shining Ray combo anyone? :3

Are you kidding? I'm sure everyone does, MvC3 Hsien-Ko is just depressing :(

Kinda played Hisen-Ko on Chaos Tower with Vampire Saviour mechanics turned on she was fun to use.

I'm thinking of a good rage-quitting team, possibly that locks opponents into an near-infinite combo, then finishing it with a Lv4 super. I was thinking about having Zero doing the job with the combos, with Wright as the finisher. Thinking about having Dr. Strange providing backup in case one of them gets K'Oed.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #2286 on: November 14, 2011, 04:23:45 AM
I wanted to try Morrigan a bit more in vanilla, but never got the chance. I'd like to try again in Ultimate. The air dash nerf doesn't scare me. If she doesn't work, Nova seemed to be a good candidate for a long range character. That was the biggest problem with my teams. None of my middlemen worked, and they're all getting toned down a bit. I don't know if Tron is going anywhere on my team. Maybe she won't be anchor anymore because of nerfed Gustaff Fire assist, but she was the only heavy character that kinda clicked with me. And her buffs definitely intrigue me. If not, I can definitely use Nemesis for the first few days. He's going to be like Sentinel; ripping everyone apart early on, but it won't take long for everyone to stop falling for it. I might want to try Hulk a bit too. And safe to say Zero ain't going anywhere either. Even if he dresses like X.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #2287 on: November 14, 2011, 04:27:37 AM
Too bad it got patched in UMvC3.

You mean the TK drill infinite that wasn't really talked about much nor uploaded to youtube to, in the words of the one that discovered it/did the video I don't remember, avoid having Capcom know about it so that they wouldn't take it away, or another one?

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #2288 on: November 14, 2011, 04:37:35 AM
As far as anchors go, I've thought about Storm.  Hail Storm XX L3XF Hail Storm is going to do some nice end-game damage no matter who you are.  From what I'm hearing she's been buffed pretty nicely, too.

You mean the TK drill infinite that wasn't really talked about much nor uploaded to youtube to, in the words of the one that discovered it/did the video I don't remember, avoid having Capcom know about it so that they wouldn't take it away, or another one?

That's the one!

My YouTube Channel

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #2289 on: November 14, 2011, 05:03:53 AM
I still need to actually learn how to use Spidey!  8D

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #2290 on: November 14, 2011, 05:19:13 AM
My Tron comment was a not so subtle reference to both PR Rog's Hail Mary command grab KO vs. Viscant at EVO finals and the glitch that makes the assist version of Bonne Strike drill KO Phoenix during her transformation. :P

As for teams, I have a lot of them to try out:

Main: Dante/Vergil/Morrigan - Alt: Dante/Felicia/Vergil
Secondary: Dr. Strange/Dormammu/Firebrand
Third: Strider/Ameterasu/??? (Potentially Zero, Dr. Doom or Chun Li)

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #2291 on: November 14, 2011, 06:02:10 AM
My Tron comment was a not so subtle reference to both PR Rog's Hail Mary command grab KO vs. Viscant at EVO finals and the glitch that makes the assist version of Bonne Strike drill KO Phoenix during her transformation. :P

I know you probably did, but I was being serious =P

That's the one!

Really? When did they confirm that?

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2292 on: November 14, 2011, 02:00:53 PM
Maybe I should've noticed something was off if we already had those victory shots ripped, but according to this, the extra costumes are ON-DISC DLC.

Apparently new DLC hasn't been ruled out just yet...but the idea of being forced to pay for something twice really, REALLY pisses me off, and might be just as rage-inducing as Not X.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #2293 on: November 14, 2011, 02:23:09 PM
Maybe I should've noticed something was off if we already had those victory shots ripped, but according to this, the extra costumes are ON-DISC DLC.

This one of those "you should've seen it coming already" things. All of them being shown on the guide should've been the only hint for this you needed. Besides, they've been working on them since the original, it makes sense that they are. At least you get 2 for free if you get Jill and Shuma...which are and were on-disc dlc themselves already.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2294 on: November 14, 2011, 02:53:55 PM
This one of those "you should've seen it coming already" things. All of them being shown on the guide should've been the only hint for this you needed.

Yeah, well, I'm an idiot.

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #2295 on: November 14, 2011, 06:15:26 PM
Really? When did they confirm that?

It's in the Capcom Changelog.

"Untechable time from Air Bonne Strike decreases with combo length."

Posted on: November 14, 2011, 08:42:34
Not sure how many of you watch Max's Marvel 3 vids, but around 20:20 in this one the conversation turns to Megaman, and they do throw around some interesting ideas:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noNa8ZqkyZU[/youtube]

My YouTube Channel

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #2296 on: November 15, 2011, 04:25:12 AM

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #2297 on: November 15, 2011, 04:46:27 AM
That's awesome of you :D

Who's gonna get this tomorrow on 360? I want to kick your asses again =P

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #2298 on: November 15, 2011, 05:30:12 AM
I'll have the game but no 360 until much later on at this rate. XD

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #2299 on: November 15, 2011, 06:00:12 AM
I have to get a version that plays on NTSC-J 360, but I think PlayAsia has an affordable one. XD

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~