The Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Topic (ITS MAHVEL 3 BAYBEE)

Solar · 403674

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
  • Short for Sapphire Knight
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #2250 on: November 13, 2011, 01:26:05 AM
Putting my head on the chopping block here, but people, please, SHUT THE HELL UP ABOUT X ALREADY!!! Complaining about it over and over and over again isn't going to make Capcom actually put him into the game! All it's doing is pissing off the more open-minded people with short tempers (or just wears on their nerves for those who are more even-tempered).

And now, before I get sucked into the complaining any more than I have, I'll be on my merry way. *walks off to demolish a wall with face*

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline megaman24681012

• Toa of Ice
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Shoulda chose a better name.
    • View Profile
Reply #2251 on: November 13, 2011, 03:49:43 AM
Putting my head on the chopping block here, but people, please, SHUT THE HELL UP ABOUT X ALREADY!!! Complaining about it over and over and over again isn't going to make Capcom actually put him into the game! All it's doing is pissing off the more open-minded people with short tempers (or just wears on their nerves for those who are more even-tempered).

And now, before I get sucked into the complaining any more than I have, I'll be on my merry way. *walks off to demolish a wall with face*

First Off: Ow. Crushing your head over some interwebz controversy won’t stop it from existing.

Second Off: How did you get to increase the font of your words like - *looks at interface* - ohhh, nevermind!

Third Off: Forgetting about the recent problems Megaman is having is exactly what Capcom wants us to do. Cancelling his two high profile games was something Capcom did so to start his franchise over as if it was getting stale. However it is not stale; us fans know more than ever that he was doing well up until August (since the cancellation of the game-that-everyone-knows). The recents choices CC made to remedy their “mistakes” is intentional to ensure the MM fanbase can shut up and other gamers would shrug off the issues. Yet I feel that we should continue to recall these events so to tell CC that their half-assed attempts to do the MM fanbase justice is not enough, at least not until they agree to our terms (which really isn’t that hard to achieve. I mean, you can make a model of Megaman in UMvC3, so why not make a character around him? Also, Capcom, if you’re complaining that MM hasn’t been in good games lately and/or his games aren’t selling well, here’s a thought: either put him in a good game or start ADVERTISING BETTER!!).

Kopaka: "That leaves you and I, Tahu Nuva."
Tahu: "No. That leaves only me."

Offline KoiDrake

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #2252 on: November 13, 2011, 04:38:38 AM
One thing is not forget about what Capcom did to Megaman, and other thing is to bash every single thing they make because of that. Seriously, if you guys really care about this, then don't [tornado fang]ing buy the game, the only way to talk to Capcom is with your wallet.

I really would have liked to see X in the game, but the fact that they have 2 characters from the franchise should be good enough, they could have easily given the finger to Zero and Tron if they wanted to, and you all would still buy the game anyway.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2253 on: November 13, 2011, 05:30:48 AM
Except the wallet approach has no impact here. This isnt DMC, where the majority are upset at the direction of the game. This is a small crowd out of the MVC fanbase, complaining about a character. Everyone else who doesnt care, will still buy the game because its MVC. Vocalization is the only thing fans can do here. Besides, we can complain about it all we want. Its true. Megaman has been treated like [parasitic bomb] recently within capcom. Two games cancelled, one Korea exclusive, and a top requested character inexplicably shafted from a game series he was an original member of.

The worst part is that we barely have explanations for any of that.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline KoiDrake

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #2254 on: November 13, 2011, 07:08:39 AM
If the crowd were as small as you say (which I don't think it is from the shitstorm I saw after the Legends cancelation), then X wouldn't have gotten within the most wanted characters for the game, so not buying the game would probably hurt them more than just bitching over a forum.

And well, if it IS that small, then complaining isn't gonna make a difference anyway. Why would they add a character just to please a small group of players? Capcom is a company, and they need money to survive.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #2255 on: November 13, 2011, 07:38:06 AM
Koi is absolutely right. If you're going to protest the fact that you find what they are doing appalling, then speak with your money not with your voice, cause if you judge by the fact that he was the most requested character to be playable in this game and he's not, they are not listening to your voice anyway. Personally, I find the fact that people really are buying a $40 expansion pack after the same people just spent $60 on the previous, now pretty much unplayable game more Capcomically offensive than X not being a character in the game.

Having said that though, again this is the price Capcom pays for pissing on their customers like this regarding MML3. To be honest, nothing is going to help. Even if X was put into this game, there would still be MM fans out there bitching that all MM is anymore is a fighting game cameo appearance and would still be clamoring for MML3. They are in the ultimate lose-lose situation, and it's one of their own making. This is what happens when a business treats its customers like [parasitic bomb] and offer nothing for compensation. Honestly, I don't think anything will help them other than releasing MML3 at this point, and even then it might even be too late.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #2256 on: November 13, 2011, 08:11:37 AM
Oh I'm definitely voting with my wallet (in a "not buying any alts" way, I need the game itself...). While what you say is true, PB, I'm sure that having X as an actual character (or at least not as just a costume) would've definitely helped them.

Personally, I'm just getting really annoyed that if there's ANYTHING Megaman related in something these days, a lot of people (mostly ones that aren't even MM fans too) rush in to say "lololololol Capcom trolling MM fans".
Me:"Oh hey there's a Classic MM cameo in the Days of Future Past stage. Neat"
Everyone else: "Troooooooooooooooooll"
Me: "That X card in H&H mode looks pretty cool."
Me: "Ok, Mega Nova Corps actually sounds and looks awe-"
Me:"..."

(No, I don't see X alt costume as a troll, I see it as a really stupid decision)

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2257 on: November 13, 2011, 08:37:11 AM
They say troll, because that's how it feels. there's a [parasitic bomb] ton of Mega Man cameos, but no Mega Man hisself. It's as if they were shoving it in our faces, saying "HEY YOU WANTED MEGA MAN? HAHA, HERE, HAVE MORE CAMEOS INSTEAD AND BE REMINDED OF THE FACT THAT HE'S NOT IN THIS GAME!"

Similarly for X.

Also, oh im definitely not buying the game, Money's scarce, and I have to pick and choose when it comes to my games these days. Can't just buy both A and B.

The whole way they've handled it with these "versions" and [parasitic bomb] is just terrible. They basically sold what amounts to a beta for 60$, and now want to release the "full" game, for a slightly reduced price so's to say "Sorry bout that." They should have just waited, and released UMvC3 as MvC3...

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #2258 on: November 13, 2011, 08:42:57 AM
They say troll, because that's how it feels.

True, but I'm talking mostly about the people that don't actually care and just go "lol Capcom is trolling the MM fans again" at every chance they get.

Besides, I definitely get it for something like the X alt, that HURTS, but for a stage/ending cameo? Come on =/

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2259 on: November 13, 2011, 08:45:53 AM
I mostly dont pay attention too much to the people who dont really care and are like OLOLOL CAPCOM IS TROLLING THE MM FANS

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #2260 on: November 13, 2011, 12:55:31 PM

I'm just quoting to point out the hypocrisy of this post. You're telling us to stop complaining about X by complaining about them.

I'm just sayin', it's a two-way thing.

Also, what would the industry be without lack of fan input (regardless of whether or not the company pays attention and/or cares)?

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2261 on: November 13, 2011, 03:21:16 PM
but for a stage/ending cameo? Come on =/

I think everyone who knew the context behind the Imperfect Future ref. was rightfully angered...

The whole way they've handled it with these "versions" and [parasitic bomb] is just terrible. They basically sold what amounts to a beta for 60$, and now want to release the "full" game, for a slightly reduced price so's to say "Sorry bout that." They should have just waited, and released UMvC3 as MvC3...

Supposedly, CoJ was going to release all the UMvC3 stuff as DLC, but then the earthquake hit, and they had to put UMvC3 on a disc to recoup losses, or something. It's a plausible explanation...buuuuuut CoJ has outright lied to us several times now, right? So who knows.

And I'm sorry if posting that quote was what led to Sapphire's post. D:

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #2262 on: November 13, 2011, 06:50:56 PM
I think everyone who knew the context behind the Imperfect Future ref. was rightfully angered...

A bad future in which Sentinels have killed most mutants MvC2 characters, and of the ones in the current "wanted" list, Megaman is the only one that hasn't been captured/killed.

I still feel you guys overreacted about that, and in a way trolled yourselves if you thought that that was something than just a reference. Hell, I bet that if MM had been one of the characters with a "slain" caption on him, many would be calling that a troll and use it as "evidence" for Capcom not wanting anything to do with Megaman anymore.

Offline KoiDrake

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #2263 on: November 13, 2011, 07:13:33 PM
Also, what would the industry be without lack of fan input (regardless of whether or not the company pays attention and/or cares)?
But this isn't a matter of fan input, this is just mindless complaining. The game still works as it should without the need of adding X into the game.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2264 on: November 13, 2011, 07:26:15 PM
A bad future in which Sentinels have killed most mutants MvC2 characters, and of the ones in the current "wanted" list, Megaman is the only one that hasn't been captured/killed.

But see, Mega took Wolverine's spot. On the plus side, no "apprehended/slain" mark. On the downside, Wolverine DIED at the end of the original story. So Mega's as good as slain anyway.

and in a way trolled yourselves if you thought that that was something than just a reference.

Over at PRC, at least, it was not immediately known to just be a reference. And I believe whoever told us that also said they stuck it in knowing full well we'd think there was more to it.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #2265 on: November 13, 2011, 07:53:41 PM
Over at PRC, at least, it was not immediately known to just be a reference.

...it's a background cameo ffs.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #2266 on: November 13, 2011, 08:27:24 PM

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #2267 on: November 13, 2011, 11:39:21 PM
You know, between NeoGAF, Shoryuken & here, I think I've gotten more than a bit tired of this entire episode regarding Megaman. At this point, both sides of the situation are floundering between mildly irritating and grossly obnoxious and neither side looking at the other and admitting that they may have a point or two is just ugh.

Why Capcom just can't say [tornado fang] it, put X (or thanks to the extra hints and fanservice in Ultimate, Classic) in and call it done is beyond me now. I put my support behind X in the venues that were open to us fans, but Capcom had other plans. It's cool though, because in this era of DLC providing more for games down the road, Capcom can't hang on to ol' blue for too long, especially knowing the numbers his inclusion would bring. It's better to just enjoy the game and its 50 other current characters with that in mind. The game isn't fundamentally broken or destroyed because of one character omission.

TL;DR

Am I disappointed that X hasn't made it in as a playable character despite all the teases and hints? Yes.
Am I disappointed about Capcom's treatment of the franchise lately? Yes.
Will I get all vitriolic and attempt to downplay unrelated (or mostly unrelated) Capcom offerings because of my feelings on a franchise not getting the support it "deserves"? Nope. Ultimate Marvel VS. Capcom 3 will still be a good game, Capcom is more than just Megaman, even if it makes a large part of what I like from their output and the roster will just lack a character I like. For someone like me who is a hopeless StarTropics fan waiting for Mike Jones to be in a Smash game, I think that's not so bad. :P

Just for one last note, this isn't saying that Capcom isn't [tornado fang]'d up as all hell to do all of this without some form of condolence from the initial fallout of MML3. It's a bad circumstance they found themselves snowballed into after remaining so mum on the subject and one that could have been solved with a good bit of PR or something detailing their thoughts and plans on the franchise for closure's sake.  Letting the internet monster turn this into "Capcom Hates MM Fans" and letting those rightfully embittered fans clash with Capcom fans who don't understand what it means since their franchises are OK was the worst thing that came from this.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #2268 on: November 13, 2011, 11:50:35 PM

...I was looking for an appropiate reaction image and it was Marvel related, ok?

Anyways, as usual, someone writes my feelings better than I do.

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
  • Short for Sapphire Knight
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #2269 on: November 14, 2011, 01:46:47 AM
And I'm sorry if posting that quote was what led to Sapphire's post. D:
It wasn't. Like the people I complained about, I am pissed about the lack of actual X inclusion, and people constantly bitching about it only makes it worse, ya know. I was also in a particularly bad mood at the time I made that post. It was just timing.

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2270 on: November 14, 2011, 02:08:19 AM
Alright.

...to be perfectly honest, I'm not sure what else to discuss at the moment. :/

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2271 on: November 14, 2011, 02:55:54 AM
SO.
How bout that Ghost Rider huh?

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Your friendly neighborhood digger!
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #2272 on: November 14, 2011, 03:04:00 AM
Well, the win pose shots are in high-res downloadable zip files, so you can see all of the alts close up. 

[spoiler=X][/spoiler]

It may not be the real thing, but it's a pretty nice model nonetheless.

PSN: AquaTeamV3
NNID: BaconStunner
GGPO: AquaTeamV3
My YouTube Channel
The Digger's Database (My Megaman Legends site)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2273 on: November 14, 2011, 03:09:04 AM
Certainly nice. Still makes me wonder why they are going out of their way to keep him from being his own character. But... Nice nonetheless.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #2274 on: November 14, 2011, 03:15:23 AM

*sigh* Never being able to see my win screen like this depresses me more than it should.