The Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Topic (ITS MAHVEL 3 BAYBEE)

Solar · 392263

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1125 on: November 17, 2010, 03:49:05 AM
His name is Johnny Yong Bosch

>.>

<.<

I still like X7 Zero's VA.

*ducks*

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Your friendly neighborhood digger!
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #1126 on: November 17, 2010, 03:50:21 AM
Zero buffs:

Rekkohoa comes from the sky downward, comboable  owob

Sogenmu now copys regular moves instead of just special moves  :cookie:

Zero Gravity Hair  8D

You realize that the engine's a bit different than TvC, right?  These aren't buffs so much as they are modifications (trust me, Zero never needed any buffs).  That said, I've never had trouble combing Rekkoha.  8B

PSN: AquaTeamV3
NNID: BaconStunner
GGPO: AquaTeamV3
My YouTube Channel
The Digger's Database (My Megaman Legends site)

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1127 on: November 17, 2010, 03:52:42 AM
Perhaps, but Superman's image itself has become an Icon of sorts, even if his in universe character doesnt specifically represent that. (Just a superhero with a heart of gold)

Actually, id argue Superman became more an icon than Cap was. At least, it feels that way.

Of COURSE Superman's image has become an icon. He is an icon. His S is one of the most recognizable symbols in the world. That's because for a lot of people, comic books are modern day myths and legends, much like the Greek Gods of ancient times.

And yes, Superman is more of an icon than Cap. Superman is the most iconic superhero of all time. A close 2nd is Batman.

Oh! Well yeah, I knew that much. There's more to Flash than he runs fast, after all.

There's more to the Green Lantern than... well, a magic ring. I know a bit about that one myself and the myriad of off branching and what have you. There is more to peanut butter than Jiffy. I can think of a buncha different variants and flavors and the interesting history behind peanut butter.

Anyway. I accept that then, I wasn't entirely sure where you were going with that at first, after all.

Oh well. I still think Captain America is a douche. >_>

Also, he has balls too, given I wouldn't be caught dead in his outfit. Anyway, carry on, gaiz. That's my piece, I don't plan to get too involved after all.

Well I can tell you that you're not wrong, so to speak, regarding Flash & GL, as well as most superheroes. In the past, especially with DC, they weren't much more than what you said, being a guy who runs fast & a guy with a magic ring. It's why Marvel was so popular when they came along, because to them the person was more important that the powers, and it changed comics forever.

LoL, and listen I insult Cap ALL the time. I clapped when Tony used his shield to prop his device up in Iron Man 2!  8D

If you or anyone is curious as to my take with what Superman TRULY represents, in my eyes, I'll copy & paste a post I made on another forum regarding the subject.

One last question, what IS the name of the current VA for Zero? I think I missed it. I really like him, seems better than Lucas personally. Don't haet me. XD

His name is ADAM, THE BLACK RANGER!  8) And to be honest, I like him a lot as Zero's VA too!

Aresian

Reply #1128 on: November 17, 2010, 03:59:20 AM

>.>

<.<

*ducks*

Oh wow... I didn't realize it was Ad-- Johnny. I need to pay more attention to what you people say sometimes!

Awesome. [tornado fang]'n Awesome.

And well, as for Flash and Lantern and all of that, I admittedly didn't know at first (a few years ago) that they had multiple Flashii or multiple Lanterns. And all the extra lore that went into it and how it evolved, etc. etc. So, yeah, while the stuff isn't my speed, I still find that much interesting. Also, I am interested in your thoughts on Superman. Do tell.

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #1129 on: November 17, 2010, 04:02:52 AM

>.>

<.<

*ducks*

*insertreallydeepvoice* YOU'VE GOT EXPLAINING TO DO AFTER THIS IS OVER!!!!

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1130 on: November 17, 2010, 04:37:53 AM
And well, as for Flash and Lantern and all of that, I admittedly didn't know at first (a few years ago) that they had multiple Flashii or multiple Lanterns. And all the extra lore that went into it and how it evolved, etc. etc. So, yeah, while the stuff isn't my speed, I still find that much interesting. Also, I am interested in your thoughts on Superman. Do tell.

Here you go! XD

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1131 on: November 17, 2010, 04:39:46 AM
Well, Ryotaro Okiayu does a deep voiced Zero, so in a way, it fit. :B
Only thing, Merluzzi  could have emoted a bit more. His Zero had no personality in X7.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #1132 on: November 17, 2010, 04:45:07 AM
His name is ADAM, THE BLACK RANGER! 

NO. After the way he dissed the frog, he doesn't deserve to be BLACK. 8D

Besides, I never really accepted him having what was Zack's color in the first place. To me, Adam is ZEO RANGER 4: GREEN! 8D

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1133 on: November 17, 2010, 04:47:28 AM
NO. After the way he dissed the frog, he doesn't deserve to be BLACK. 8D

Besides, I never really accepted him having what was Zack's color in the first place. To me, Adam is ZEO RANGER 4: GREEN! 8D

Haha, fair enough. Zeo was my favorite season anyway!  8D

Offline Ninja Lou

• Samurai/Ninja of RPM
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Ninjas........Damn
    • View Profile
Reply #1134 on: November 17, 2010, 05:48:58 AM
Oh Great. PB is in full blown DC mode now. Excuse me while I go walk in front of a truck.

This post has been approved by Marle!

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1135 on: November 17, 2010, 06:20:40 AM
Oh Great. PB is in full blown DC mode now. Excuse me while I go walk in front of a truck.
The same one chasing Ares, or a different one?

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #1136 on: November 17, 2010, 06:23:27 AM
Well, Ryotaro Okiayu does a deep voiced Zero, so in a way, it fit. :B

Goku is voiced by a woman in Japan, so he should have a female's voice in English amirite?

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1137 on: November 17, 2010, 06:26:27 AM
The same one chasing Ares, or a different one?

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1138 on: November 17, 2010, 09:00:40 PM
Goku is voiced by a woman in Japan, so he should have a female's voice in English amirite?
Completely not what I meant.

Offline MrBaryl

• A new Shooting Star.
  • B-Class Hunter
  • "Everything for you"
    • View Profile
Reply #1139 on: November 17, 2010, 09:09:39 PM

MM8 anyone? Dr. Fudd?

Aresian

Reply #1140 on: November 17, 2010, 11:38:25 PM
That was a fitting VA. And I stand by that.

Light could ask for no better.

Also, got to read that post you made, PB. It was rather enlightening on the subject of Clark Kent as well as Superman. It... makes a lot of sense, really. Thanks for the interesting read.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1141 on: November 17, 2010, 11:46:09 PM
No problemo. T'was my pleasure.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #1142 on: November 18, 2010, 04:07:07 AM
You know, I'm wondering something.  Zero's attacks are all based on his in-game specials, and the new lightning move looks to me like X8's Raikousen.  So...what IS that mid-air super wave supposed to be?  I can't quite make out what he's saying, but it looks kinda like Mikazukizan (C-Sword, X5).

EDITS: Scratch that.  Examining my list of Zero-attacks, I'm pretty sure he's saying Rekkyoudan (Trilobyte, X8).  Seems to be a projectile-counter move.  If you look REAL close, you can see a blue ball where he's slashing.

His name is ADAM, THE BLACK RANGER!  8) And to be honest, I like him a lot as Zero's VA too!
Question: Is it so wrong that today I started imagining David Yost as X?

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #1143 on: November 18, 2010, 04:24:30 AM
You know, I'm wondering something.  Zero's attacks are all based on his in-game specials, and the new lightning move looks to me like X8's Raikousen.  So...what IS that mid-air super wave supposed to be?  I can't quite make out what he's saying, but it looks kinda like Mikazukizan (C-Sword, X5).

Unless my ears fail me he says "kouryoudan enbun zero"...so what would that be?

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #1144 on: November 18, 2010, 04:30:33 AM
Absolutely nothing (which is what you are about to become...).

I'm positive that's Rekkyoudan.  Once you know what you're looking at, you can pretty clearly see the projectile he's countering.  It is rather bizarre for his three-bar attack to be so specialized, though.

Also I took notice Zero is doing the Rekkoha with his buster rather than his fist. o-O

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1145 on: November 18, 2010, 05:08:26 AM
I noticed that too. Its weird, but I can buy it.

Rekkyoudan

Wait, so they turned a saber upgrade into an actual attack? Well that's interesting. And at the same time, they could have done it differently.

Well at least it looks cool.  owob

Personally, I thought it sounded like "Shoryudan Gekou Zero" or something.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1146 on: November 18, 2010, 09:50:49 AM
Question: Is it so wrong that today I started imagining David Yost as X?

Answer: Morphanominal!

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
  • Never "Great", just varying degrees of "OK".
    • View Profile
Reply #1147 on: November 18, 2010, 11:21:58 AM
So , ah....the Special Edition has codes for free downloads of the DLC characters (Shuma-Gorath and RE5 Jill Valentine).

So, I guess DLC characters are confirmed. C'mon Gene and Strider!

Also, if what I'm hearing is right, Frank West, Chuck Greene and Taskmaster are also on the official roster.

My Twitch channel. Random streams during the week.
Currently streaming: Transformers: Devastation

Offline geekgo4

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #1148 on: November 18, 2010, 06:34:08 PM
So... they had the voice of ZERO to do Zero?

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1149 on: November 18, 2010, 06:36:57 PM
Nero
ZERO
Zero

Johnny is becoming an ero voice actor