The Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Topic (ITS MAHVEL 3 BAYBEE)

Solar · 394300

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1100 on: November 16, 2010, 10:36:48 PM
Ooof. Spidey knows those Cap beatings alllllllllll too well! XD

Aresian

Reply #1101 on: November 16, 2010, 10:48:02 PM
*stares at STM* Hmm.

Anyway, I'm kinda sad to see the roster here... I don't see many characters I'll care to play as. Outside of goofing off, the entire Marvel cast is out. I've grown to hate Comic Book characters more ever since meeting Flash after all.

That said... well, Capcom side then. Zero, probably the most interesting character on that list for me. Megaman Classic... well, ya know? I'd rather it have just been EXE with classic being the "recolor" but it'll just be Megaman with Megaman.EXE being the recolor with no other references to that series.

Whatever.

Tron? Yes, yes I will play as Tron. Wesker? You better [tornado fang]ing believe it... but then, that is it. That is where it gets cold. Maybe I've changed as I got older/lost interest in a lot of the crap that made MVC 2 interesting to me. I'd even argue that MVC 1 was better than 2... I dunno.

I really don't feel it. I'm no longer excited about MVC3.

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #1102 on: November 16, 2010, 11:03:34 PM
ZEROxWeskerxDante With the occasional Trish substitution. That is all that's  needed.

And lol, cap got raped for not shutting the hell up.

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #1103 on: November 16, 2010, 11:47:03 PM
Captain America: Your name is Zero? I hope you dont fight like one
*Zero rapes everybody*

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1104 on: November 16, 2010, 11:54:40 PM
Notice that the Saber Wave was a level 1 Super...

That's why his super meter goes from 4 to 1 in this video when using it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XP8O85GPNgw

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Your friendly neighborhood digger!
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #1105 on: November 17, 2010, 01:13:52 AM
That's why his super meter goes from 4 to 1 in this video when using it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XP8O85GPNgw

Yeah, my bad, missed that part.  I don't see why it matters, though, it's not like Zero players actually use their supers outside of fancy match enders.

PSN: AquaTeamV3
NNID: BaconStunner
GGPO: AquaTeamV3
My YouTube Channel
The Digger's Database (My Megaman Legends site)

Aresian

Reply #1106 on: November 17, 2010, 01:19:31 AM
Oh, my mistake. Amaterasu. I'd totally play as her. Also, Captain America is a little [sonic slicer]. >_>

Zero > Wesker > Everyone Else > Captain America.

In retrospect, I'm not saying MVC3 is fail or anything... I just wonder why I've come to the point in life where it doesn't interest me that much. Though, admittedly... Zero looks really awesome in this game. Not sure how I feel about the look of most of the other characters though.

Offline Ninja Lou

• Samurai/Ninja of RPM
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Ninjas........Damn
    • View Profile
Reply #1107 on: November 17, 2010, 01:36:26 AM
Also, Captain America is a little [sonic slicer]. >_>

I hope you get hit by a truck.

This post has been approved by Marle!

Aresian

Reply #1108 on: November 17, 2010, 01:41:19 AM
>_> Sorry, G. Captain America is just as bad, if not worse than Superman.

That said, I hope PB beats you in MVC3. 8D

Hater.

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #1109 on: November 17, 2010, 01:57:15 AM

Hater.

..... what?

Offline Ninja Lou

• Samurai/Ninja of RPM
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Ninjas........Damn
    • View Profile
Reply #1110 on: November 17, 2010, 01:57:48 AM

Hater.
A very large truck

This post has been approved by Marle!

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #1111 on: November 17, 2010, 02:10:04 AM
DOOM > Dante > Tron > Zero > everyone else

Captain America is cool though, so I might give him a chance.
Also, Superman is awesome. SCREW YOU!

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #1112 on: November 17, 2010, 02:15:43 AM
I have nothing but respect for the man with the FROG POWER!!! (4:17), but Lucas is still the best Zero.  And if Johnny's kneecaps must be sacrificed, so be it.

You know...am I the only one who thinks that Zero looks butt-ugly in this game?  The model looks like it came from some claymation show.  TvC's model may be far technically inferior, but it shows better effort IMHO.
(not sure why Shippuga is orange now, either...)

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #1113 on: November 17, 2010, 02:17:38 AM
Because Magneto is Pringles, they ZERO  needed to be the rainbow we call skittles.

And thinking about it captain america always seems to get his ass kicked in the videos. Best one was easily Weskers [tornado fang] You special.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1114 on: November 17, 2010, 02:51:23 AM
I have nothing but respect for the man with the FROG POWER!!! (4:17), but Lucas is still the best Zero.  And if Johnny's kneecaps must be sacrificed, so be it.

You know...am I the only one who thinks that Zero looks butt-ugly in this game?  The model looks like it came from some claymation show.  TvC's model may be far technically inferior, but it shows better effort IMHO.
(not sure why Shippuga is orange now, either...)
He's starting to grow on me honestly. He's like Lucas without the Surferness. XD
Though, Lucas' surferness is what makes his Zero so awesome.

Also, I agree. his model looks very odd. his face and hair being the primary offenders. Why the hell does his hair go up like that out of the back of his helmet?

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Aresian

Reply #1115 on: November 17, 2010, 02:57:27 AM
Captain America is cool though, so I might give him a chance.
Also, Superman is awesome. SCREW YOU!

A very large truck

They're just walking pieces of patriotic propaganda. I can't respect that, sorry. They're not interesting or amusing and their designs are murder on my eyes.

Not to mention pretentious, like most Pro-America oriented things.

I didn't know having an opinion warranted a truck accident.

..... what?

What? I need more to work on than just that. Sorry.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1116 on: November 17, 2010, 03:08:25 AM
They're just walking pieces of patriotic propaganda. I can't respect that, sorry. They're not interesting or amusing and their designs are murder on my eyes.

Not to mention pretentious, like most Pro-America oriented things.

LoL, Superman a walking piece of patriotic propaganda?

Aresian

Reply #1117 on: November 17, 2010, 03:10:54 AM
I'm not the only one who sees that... right? >_>

<_<

Ugh. *walks away*

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1118 on: November 17, 2010, 03:16:02 AM
I'm not the only one who sees that... right? >_>

<_<

Ugh. *walks away*

Just keep in mind that I have far, FAR more extensive knowledge about the character than you, since you're not into Comics like I am.

You can make an argument for Cap, yes, as the purpose of his original creation was literally political propaganda during WWII. The core of the character of Steve Rogers could be put into question as well. However, it's just something you don't know much about.

Aresian

Reply #1119 on: November 17, 2010, 03:27:44 AM
While you have more knowledge and immersion into the fandom, I have mere observational skills. Sometimes that is all it takes.

That said, while The Cap'n is well... blatant, Superman is more "subjective" in opinion.

American Invincibility, Good guy always wins (mind you, I realize that isn't always the case in the comics/movies/cartoons/etc.), color scheme and style... it screams America. To me, an outsider.

As such, I can only go off of what I see right in front of me and what little experience I do have. Which is probably more than you might assume, given I didn't grow up in Japan or grow up during the Toonami phase or whatever and actually have more experience with American Cartoons than Japanese Anime, for example.

Just my two cents really. They both scream America. No, not the real one. The imaginary one in every hardcore Patriot's mind. Yeah, that one.

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #1120 on: November 17, 2010, 03:37:23 AM
Zero buffs:

Rekkohoa comes from the sky downward, comboable  owob

Sogenmu now copys regular moves instead of just special moves  :cookie:

Zero Gravity Hair  8D

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1121 on: November 17, 2010, 03:38:13 AM
it screams America. To me, an outsider.
Oh im an "insider" and I get what you mean. I see it too.

In Superman's defense though, he wasn't originally that way. He just sort of became this "American Symbol". Supes, the "Boy scout" I mean, come on. "Truth, Justice, and the American Way!"

He sort of became a propaganda tool in the wars. Except, he stayed an American icon.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1122 on: November 17, 2010, 03:39:06 AM
While you have more knowledge and immersion into the fandom, I have mere observational skills. Sometimes that is all it takes.

That said, while The Cap'n is well... blatant, Superman is more "subjective" in opinion.

American Invincibility, Good guy always wins (mind you, I realize that isn't always the case in the comics/movies/cartoons/etc.), color scheme and style... it screams America. To me, an outsider.

As such, I can only go off of what I see right in front of me and what little experience I do have. Which is probably more than you might assume, given I didn't grow up in Japan or grow up during the Toonami phase or whatever and actually have more experience with American Cartoons than Japanese Anime, for example.

Just my two cents really. They both scream America. No, not the real one. The imaginary one in every hardcore Patriot's mind. Yeah, that one.

All I'm trying to get across is that your judgment is based on limited observation, so you don't see the full picture nor know the history of said characters. It would be like me discussing RPG's or JRPG's with someone. I don't know much about the stories or characters of these games, so I couldn't have a real discussion about the subject matter.

The point I'm trying to get across is that there is more to both characters than that. I could go into a long drawn out explanation on what both Captain America & Superman represent, but I won't because I doubt you really want to hear it. All I'm asking is that you try to believe me when I say there is so much more to both of them than what you think.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1123 on: November 17, 2010, 03:41:51 AM
Perhaps, but Superman's image itself has become an Icon of sorts, even if his in universe character doesnt specifically represent that. (Just a superhero with a heart of gold)

Actually, id argue Superman became more an icon than Cap was. At least, it feels that way.

Aresian

Reply #1124 on: November 17, 2010, 03:45:59 AM
All I'm trying to get across is that your judgment is based on limited observation, so you don't see the full picture nor know the history of said characters. It would be like me discussing RPG's or JRPG's with someone. I don't know much about the stories or characters of these games, so I couldn't have a real discussion about the subject matter.

The point I'm trying to get across is that there is more to both characters than that. I could go into a long drawn out explanation on what both Captain America & Superman represent, but I won't because I doubt you really want to hear it. All I'm asking is that you try to believe me when I say there is so much more to both of them than what you think.

Oh! Well yeah, I knew that much. There's more to Flash than he runs fast, after all.

There's more to the Green Lantern than... well, a magic ring. I know a bit about that one myself and the myriad of off branching and what have you. There is more to peanut butter than Jiffy. I can think of a buncha different variants and flavors and the interesting history behind peanut butter.

Anyway. I accept that then, I wasn't entirely sure where you were going with that at first, after all.

Oh well. I still think Captain America is a douche. >_>

Also, he has balls too, given I wouldn't be caught dead in his outfit. Anyway, carry on, gaiz. That's my piece, I don't plan to get too involved after all.

One last question, what IS the name of the current VA for Zero? I think I missed it. I really like him, seems better than Lucas personally. Don't haet me. XD