The Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Topic (ITS MAHVEL 3 BAYBEE)

Solar · 397672

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #375 on: June 17, 2010, 02:02:22 AM
Forgetting the whole thing relating to characters at the moment...one thing that has immediately caught my attention is how "Back+Asst" is once again used in order to Tag people in and out. This is practically going into "deal breaker" territory right here, because this is one of the things from TvC I, and many others, just could not STAND.

Main reason being is that such a thing makes it so it's impossible to call out Assists while blocking. Therefore, if you're really locked down from an opponent's rush down, you have even LESS options to work with in order to fight back. This is something that Casual and Competitive Players alike will not find favor in.

For this game's sake, I hope they seriously consider the wisdom of the more reasonable individuals at capcom-unity and SRK. Make it a two button thing, like in past games. People who play on Pad will just be able to map it to the shoulder buttons and keep it moving. But almost ANYTHING stands to be better than this bit of [parasitic bomb]...

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #376 on: June 17, 2010, 03:01:38 AM
Direct Son of Sparda  >>>>> What ever the hell Nero was. (far, far ,faaaarrrr Distant Relative of Sparda)
DMC4 spoke enough for itself.  Basic Dante > Devil Triggered Nero
Not just that, they kinda mocked us by giving us a better character, better gameplay, better styles, and a game's worth of new weapons in a few tiny inverted recycled levels...

...and still, we play most of the game with the retarded brother. It's just not fair.

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #377 on: June 17, 2010, 03:26:55 AM
At most, Dante is Nero's great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great  Uncle.

Assuming the legend of Sparda being the leader of the city is true, which  probably is since Nero is confirmed to be a descendant. Just not a direct one.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #378 on: June 17, 2010, 03:30:08 AM
At most, Dante is Nero's great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great  Uncle.

Assuming the legend of Sparda being the leader of the city is true, which  probably is since Nero is confirmed to be a descendant. Just not a direct one.
Wasn't there a story about Nero having an accident involving the transport of Yamato a few days before the beginning of the game? I thought that was how he got the arm, and became half-demon.

I might be mistaken.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #379 on: June 17, 2010, 03:41:20 AM
The 2nd list is probably the legit one because Tron isn't on it. We already know Tron is a background character on Kattalox Island standing/sitting next to Teasle on the mech.

If I'm not wrong Spiderman is also a background character again (that super-jumping photographer in the NYC stage HAS to be Peter Parker) and you don't see him getting left out of the game.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #380 on: June 17, 2010, 03:49:25 AM
IIRC, That simply awakened the dormant demon blood within him. Similar to how Dante did when Rebellion activated. Only difference is that since Dante's Sparda's son, he's naturally far stronger than Nero.

If you go back through all the games, aside from the Mundus battle, and his awakening in DMC3, Dante practically never actually Devil Triggers within canon. (which is why people bitched about the anime)

The closest thing to it that ever happened in 4 was a slight resonance with Nero when their arms touched. But that was it. Even on Dante must Die mode against the AI Dante, he used all his weapons, styles, and move sets but didn't DT.

If I'm not wrong Spiderman is also a background character again (that super-jumping photographer in the NYC stage HAS to be Peter Parker) and you don't see him getting left out of the game.

There's 2 doing that. Both of them wearing suits which Parker doesn't do, and also one of them is short and fat.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #381 on: June 17, 2010, 03:55:29 AM
Even if that really isn't him, need I remind you that he was a background character already in a previous VS game? There's nothing preventing Capcom from just removing the character from the BG when it's in play.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #382 on: June 17, 2010, 04:04:43 AM
IIRC, That simply awakened the dormant demon blood within him. Similar to how Dante did when Rebellion activated. Only difference is that since Dante's Sparda's son, he's naturally far stronger than Nero.
If you go back through all the games, aside from the Mundus battle, and his awakening in DMC3, Dante practically never actually Devil Triggers within canon. (which is why people bitched about the anime)
The closest thing to it that ever happened in 4 was a slight resonance with Nero when their arms touched. But that was it. Even on Dante must Die mode against the AI Dante, he used all his weapons, styles, and move sets but didn't DT.
Hm, I see. That makes sense.

Even if that really isn't him, need I remind you that he was a background character already in a previous VS game? There's nothing preventing Capcom from just removing the character from the BG when it's in play.
...except from the fact that Capcom doesn't currently have the license for the character, Activision does. So they can't do games with him.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #383 on: June 17, 2010, 04:10:40 AM
I wasn't talking about Spiderman specifically, besides, yes they can (and he's already in), otherwise they wouldn't be able to use Iron Man since SEGA has the license for it too.

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #384 on: June 17, 2010, 04:12:55 AM
Sega has the license for the Ironman Movies to make the games, not the Ironman IP.

Offline HokutoNoBen

• RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #385 on: June 17, 2010, 04:19:14 AM
...except from the fact that Capcom doesn't currently have the license for the character, Activision does. So they can't do games with him.

It was already confirmed a while ago that no such problems exist for Capcom to make MvC games using any of the characters Marvel wants them to use, even as other parties are making games starring those characters. Separate license deals and all that.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #386 on: June 17, 2010, 04:19:53 AM
Sega has the license for the Ironman Movies to make the games, not the Ironman IP.

Eh, it was just what first came to my mind. Also, what Ben said.

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #387 on: June 17, 2010, 04:27:29 AM
More or less. They can use the characters, but not the direct stories of say the movies. though RDJ Ironman would have been awesome.

In all of this,  I'm not surprised that War Machine is in as an alt, but definitely surprised that chuck is.

And there's also the part were it could just be that Capcom doesn't WANT to use Spider man and Tron anymore.

Offline HokutoNoBen

• RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #388 on: June 17, 2010, 05:06:33 AM
And there's also the part were it could just be that Capcom doesn't WANT to use Spider man and Tron anymore.

Tron would be one thing. But...Spidey? Capcom, being a Japanese company, knows that Spidey is just as popular and relevant in Japan as he is else where in the world. There's no real reason for them to NOT use such an "easy peasy" pick.

And let's not forget that Marvel has much more say in who they want this time around than yesteryear. Niitsuma said in previous interviews that Capcom initially came to Marvel with who they would like to use, and then Marvel turned around and said "Alright. Now we'd like to change that around, and use this guy...etc". That's pretty much how Super Skrull got the nod over any of the FF. Niitsuma wanted some one like say, Mr. Fantastic, but Marvel turned around and said "Hey, why not use this guy instead...?". 

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #389 on: June 17, 2010, 05:08:39 AM
There was a bad Spider-Man show in Japan back in the 70s or 80s... interesting idea they had, but typical GIANT BATTLES and such.

And he was from Planet Spider or something. It was an odd take on the series.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #390 on: June 17, 2010, 05:26:04 AM
It was already confirmed a while ago that no such problems exist for Capcom to make MvC games using any of the characters Marvel wants them to use, even as other parties are making games starring those characters. Separate license deals and all that.
Didn't hear that. My bad.

Offline HokutoNoBen

• RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #391 on: June 17, 2010, 05:39:55 AM
There was a bad Spider-Man show in Japan back in the 70s or 80s... interesting idea they had, but typical GIANT BATTLES and such.

And he was from Planet Spider or something. It was an odd take on the series.

Ah, yes. Tokusatsu-style Spiderman. 8D

Even so, Japan got the same 90s Xmen and Spidey toons that we did over here, fully dubbed over in Japanese, no less. And then of course, they got the recent movie trilogy. So, of course, Japan has as much reason to love Spidey as everyone else does.

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #392 on: June 17, 2010, 05:41:08 AM
Because he's TOO well known and over used. Marvel this time seemed to have gone with popular characters that aren't too well known outside the comic fanbsae. Such as Deadpool, Skrull, etc. That are especially aren't too well known in Japan.

There's also them trying characters that go well together. Such as Dante and Deadpoll, Ironman and ZERO, or Dr.Doom and Wesker. (THEY'RE BROS)

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #393 on: June 17, 2010, 06:22:10 AM
Because he's TOO well known and over used. Marvel this time seemed to have gone with popular characters that aren't too well known outside the comic fanbsae. Such as Deadpool, Skrull, etc. That are especially aren't too well known in Japan.

There's also them trying characters that go well together. Such as Dante and Deadpoll, Ironman and ZERO, or Dr.Doom and Wesker. (THEY'RE BROS)
They're trying to make Deadpool famous. He's already in 6 ongoing titles per month, if you even see any kind of comic book cover nowadays, it's got him in it. He's getting pretty damn popular, and they're giving him his own movie.

...Marvel's trying to make a select number of characters more known. War Machine, Skrull...

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #394 on: June 17, 2010, 06:25:21 AM

Well, he IS Spider-Man.  Last I checked he was in the top 3 most popular comic characters of all time with Supes & Bats.  Plus, he's Spider-Man.  If he WASN'T in this game, I'd actually be really upset, cause I needs me my Maximum Spider blocked into Final Justice!  

It's just the proper way of things!  XD

Also, Wolverine is still Marvel's #1 Whore.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #395 on: June 17, 2010, 06:27:35 AM
Well, he IS Spider-Man.  Last I checked he was in the top 3 most popular comic characters of all time with Supes & Bats.  Plus, he's Spider-Man.  If he WASN'T in this game, I'd actually be really upset, cause I needs me my Maximum Spider blocked into Final Justice!  

It's just the proper way of things!  XD

Also, Wolverine is still Marvel's #1 Whore.
He's been for a long, loooooong time. =P I mean, it's hard to find a team he ISN'T in. XD

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #396 on: June 17, 2010, 06:28:39 AM
He's been for a long, loooooong time. =P I mean, it's hard to find a team he ISN'T in. XD

Exactly my point.  Captain Snikt is in EVERYTHING! 

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #397 on: June 17, 2010, 06:30:27 AM
Exactly my point.  Captain Snikt is in EVERYTHING! 
And they're already trying to turn Deadpool into Sniktbub by giving him six ongoings. =P

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #398 on: June 17, 2010, 06:32:26 AM
Yeaaaaah, I'm worried about them whoring out Deadpool as well.

HEY, DID YOU HEAR BLUE BEETLE'S GETTING HIS OWN LIVE ACTION SHOW?   8)

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #399 on: June 17, 2010, 06:33:18 AM
Yeaaaaah, I'm worried about them whoring out Deadpool as well.

HEY, DID YOU HEAR BLUE BEETLE'S GETTING HIS OWN LIVE ACTION SHOW?   8)
YES. Now let's just hope they don't turn it into a kiddy show, or a teen emo show. I'm hoping for something upbeat, and perhaps a little bit corny. =P