The Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Topic (ITS MAHVEL 3 BAYBEE)

Solar · 397671

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #425 on: June 17, 2010, 10:59:32 PM
If you ever join make sure to never even type the words "Smash Brothers" XD

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #426 on: June 17, 2010, 11:03:02 PM
In a game where the rush-down rules, Karas and Zero are clear and away the cream of the crop. Y'know there's some BS-involved when some one who knows what they're doing with the "Wii-mote only" option can STILL CLEAN HOUSE with these two. 8D

Indeed.
[youtube]5vdP30FVdBg[/youtube]

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #427 on: June 17, 2010, 11:12:16 PM
I don't think that's what Ben was refering to. Besides, damaging combos mean nothing unless they're retarded, everyone can do [parasitic bomb] like that, some with much less effort. Hell, Roll can take you from full bar to almost death in 3 seconds, and I'm not [tornado fang]ing kidding.

Offline TeaOfJay

• Resident Talking Tea Cup/ Lazy Super Hero
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWAH!
    • View Profile
Reply #428 on: June 17, 2010, 11:22:34 PM
I think I found a way to make posts on SRK funnier than they should be: Imagine that they're speaking in a snobby British voice when you read them.

I unintentionally thought of that while reading the comments. This works on all the posts about MvC3 on SRK, even the ones that are typed poorly (which are most of them as far as I can see.)

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #429 on: June 17, 2010, 11:34:18 PM
My dear man, I'm not even going to put my cursor anywhere near the MvC3 section, but that's just a FANTASTIC idea *insert refined kobun here*

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #430 on: June 17, 2010, 11:36:15 PM

You rang, sir?

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #431 on: June 17, 2010, 11:45:49 PM
Karas got hit with the nerfbat way too hard though, but Zero really is the closest to God tier in the game, god damn Capcom had to take away one overpowered character just to put in ANOTHER even MORE overpowered character >___<

The only real main way that Karas got hit with the nerfbat, was in his damage output. That just means he takes LONGER to kill you than he used to, but he can still kill you full of dead. His basic BnBs are still quite good, and he hasn't lost that much in the priority area, either.

So, in short, Karas basically got the "Iori Yagami" treatment. Game in, and game out (before XII, at least), Iori was always pretty damn good, starting from 96. He may have lost the over-powered aspects he may have had in 96-98, but because his overall moveset didn't change much, he didn't lose that much in the following games. 8D

You gotta understand. I love playing Street Fighter 2, it's my favorite fighting game by far. But sometimes, I get kinda tired of just constantly having to train with my main before I play it, and re-remembering all of the button combos. It's a game based on knowing moves and knowing when to pull them off. It's not a pick-up-and-play game. And sometimes, fighting games HAVE to be pick-up-and-play games. Specially when they're used at parties and stuff, so everyone can play them. Tekken and DOA are big hits at parties, for example. Because you can mash a bit and still come have fun. You can't do that in Street Fighter.

And you know what? You're right, and have no problem with that entire notion of having "pick-up-n-play" games for those who want to play 'em. My problem, as I was trying to dialogue with HS.exe a while ago, stems largely from the fact that decently technical games like SF and MvC are being what I consider "compromised" for the sake of this want to try and capture the casual market. It wouldn't be so bad, if it didn't mean that those of us who desire to play a technical game have to feel the brunt of it, as well.

What I mean is, reducing a fighting game on the technical tip, only does more to limit the meta-game potential the game could stand to have. At the very least, a game with decent meta potential should make it so that there's multiple ways to play every character. There's multiple playstyles to try out and employ. There's different tactics that could be found, touted as "the new way" and then later upended as a NEW tactic is found that's even better. I loved this stuff, growing up in the 90s and at the turn of century. And by the time internet made it easier to find out about this sort of thing, it just made things that much more interesting for those who want to learn more about the game.

THAT, to me, is what SF, KOF and others in its ilk should always strive to be. It's what made a number of us fall in love with them so many moons ago, and that is why a number of us are a bit displeased with how Capcom is doing things here lately. And it's not about being "elitist" (for the reasonable amongst us, at least! 8D). It's about how Capcom is seemingly unable, or otherwise not willing, to make games that could cater to both casual and competitive, without necessarily alienating one or the other. They're not doing anything to alleviate this long-standing issue, they're doing more to slap a band-aid over it and telling us "DEAL WITH IT". If "Easy Auto"  modewasn't going to help some one just pick-up and play MvC years ago, is a simplified control scheme going to do that much better in MvC3? 

It's perhaps for this main reason I fear for a modern-day Vampire/Darkstalkers prospect. More than likely, if Ono does get his wish, there's a high probability that he won't make a game that lives up to Vampire Savior, which most recognize as among Capcom's best fighting games, if not THE. And what would be the point of making such a game to cater to casual interests, when Darkstalkers doesn't even HAVE that kind of appeal in the West in the first place? 8D

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #432 on: June 18, 2010, 12:21:57 AM
The only real main way that Karas got hit with the nerfbat, was in his damage output. That just means he takes LONGER to kill you than he used to, but he can still kill you full of dead. His basic BnBs are still quite good, and he hasn't lost that much in the priority area, either.

His attacks are laggier and he can't lock you down like he could before though, unlike Zero...I swear that guy has no freaking recovery frames D:

And what would be the point of making such a game to cater to casual interests, when Darkstalkers doesn't even HAVE that kind of appeal in the West in the first place? 8D

Oh, I'm sure that if done correctly they could gather plenty of casual interest, just make sure to have Morrigan and Felicia in every ad for starters 8D Besides, for good or for bad, vampires are "in" now.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #433 on: June 18, 2010, 12:35:49 AM
If you ever join make sure to never even type the words "Smash Brothers" XD

- NO ITEMS
- STOCK 3
- 3 CHARACTERS ONLY
- FINAL DESTINATION
- SMASH BROS IS SERIOUS COMPETITION

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #434 on: June 18, 2010, 03:40:14 AM
The character select screen.

Basically 28 slots unobstructed by foreground  images in the 4 by 7 center squares.

If we count War Machine and Chuck that pretty much brings us to the original 30 they mentioned.

Offline TheOnly

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #435 on: June 22, 2010, 06:59:15 AM
Saw gameplay of it, looks sick, dont care what all the haters have to say about it.

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #436 on: June 22, 2010, 07:35:59 PM
Zero huh.
Soooo, Cappy, whens X gonna get his Fighting/versus game debut?

Not that Im upset about Zero, Im happy hes in. But seriously. He, Trigger and Rock get all the attention in these kinds of games while the MAIN man of the X series still hasnt gotten his debut...

but whatever. game looks sick so far. cant wait.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #437 on: June 22, 2010, 07:38:24 PM
He, Trigger and Rock get all the attention in these kinds of games while the MAIN man of the X series still hasnt gotten his debut...

He's not even the MAIN man in his own series, so why should this game be any different?   8D

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #438 on: June 23, 2010, 05:50:16 AM
Pretty much. X is the same as Haruhi, They're the "title" characters, but not the actual main characters. Kyon/god is. And  From around X4 onwards the majority of the story has been mainly about ZERO.

At least until X7 where everything was dropped.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #439 on: June 23, 2010, 05:54:56 AM
Then why isnt AXL in? 8D

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline TheOnly

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #440 on: June 23, 2010, 05:13:29 PM
For a minite I thought that Zero was in MvC3, then I realized that your talkin about Zero in TvC, XD .

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Your friendly neighborhood digger!
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #441 on: June 23, 2010, 07:24:35 PM
For a minite I thought that Zero was in MvC3, then I realized that your talkin about Zero in TvC, XD .

Actually, given that (possibly fake) list a page or so back, Zero may just be in the game.  It wouldn't shock me if they just grabbed all the MM characters from TvC and shipped 'em here.

PSN: AquaTeamV3
NNID: BaconStunner
GGPO: AquaTeamV3
My YouTube Channel
The Digger's Database (My Megaman Legends site)

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #442 on: June 25, 2010, 05:09:13 AM
Not sure if it's been posted yet, but apparently there's a chance that it might end up on the Wii eventually. Whether this is really a possibility or not has yet to be seen.

Offline HokutoNoBen

• RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #443 on: June 25, 2010, 07:10:50 AM
Not sure if it's been posted yet, but apparently there's a chance that it might end up on the Wii eventually. Whether this is really a possibility or not has yet to be seen.

If anything, I think the upcoming SF4 port on the 3DS makes it more clear what Capcom may have in mind. The Wii may not ever be the ideal console of choice for the fighting game fan, but the 3DS could easily be that portable choice for this upcoming era.

Then there's also this. This confirms MT Framework's presence on the 3DS, which may end up having more to do with what we heard about "MT on Wii" tagline we heard about months ago, and what s-kill described as a "gathering of resources and nothing more" on Capcom-unity.

Frankly, I would think this to be the better option. A port of MvC3 on the Wii wouldn't be anything near its HD Twin counterpart, and for it to come possibly some time later would be even more of a joke. But a portable port (regardless of how well it lives up to its "big brothers") would always find validity in the sheer notion that it's portable...   

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #444 on: June 25, 2010, 07:34:22 AM
Honestly, I'd rather see it first at the arcade than the Wii. I need my arcade version.

Off-topic: Seeing Ben's avatar in this topic makes me feel forced to say "GOD DAMN IT CAPCOM, YOU NEED TO DO ANOTHER JOJO FIGHTER!" XD

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #445 on: June 25, 2010, 12:33:38 PM
Not that the Wii doesn't deserve it, but its regular controller makes it hard for most companies to want to make fighting games for it.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #446 on: June 25, 2010, 01:51:55 PM
Well at least it has an official arcade stick for it.  Plus for the MvC control scheme, the classic controller pro should suffice.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #447 on: June 25, 2010, 02:04:08 PM
Well at least it has an official arcade stick for it.  Plus for the MvC control scheme, the classic controller pro should suffice.
Yeah, but for example, I don't have a classic controller, simply because I don't feel like buying an extra controller just to play a few games differently.

If I didn't have a Gamecube controller, I'd be boned when it comes to TvsC.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #448 on: June 25, 2010, 02:05:24 PM
Well bollocks then!  XD

Offline HokutoNoBen

• RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #449 on: June 25, 2010, 06:20:08 PM
Honestly, I'd rather see it first at the arcade than the Wii. I need my arcade version.

Sadly, I think MvC3 (if not Super SF4) marks the beginning of a new trend for Capcom. If a major FG release such as this can skimp arcades entirely, it'll only prove that modern-day Capcom doesn't HAVE to continue catering to the Arcade market to make money. Besides, considering the "MAHVEL" series was always more relevant to the West (where arcades have all but died out), and that just does more to make it clear.

We'll see what happens if/when the next Fighting game release from the "Ono" (SF4) camp comes around, though. If Ono gets to make his Vampire/Darkstalkers game, and it skips arcades, then yeah, it's not looking good for the Game Center/Arcade gamer...

Off-topic: Seeing Ben's avatar in this topic makes me feel forced to say "GOD DAMN IT CAPCOM, YOU NEED TO DO ANOTHER JOJO FIGHTER!" XD

A Steel Ball Run-themed (or otherwise Jojo X-over) FG would be the answer to a long-standing wish of mine. Capcom, Bamco, ASW, whoever; give me a new game! The SBR manga stands to ends some time in the near future, after all! 8D

But after the last 2 Jojo games on PS2 (which both used 3D graphics), it seems clear to me that Araki's style really only works well in a 2D style. No matter how much Bamco and Capcom tried, rendering Araki's eccentric designs doesn't seem to work well in a 3D space.