Sonic the Hedgehog 4 (Wii, PS3, 360, iPhone)

HokutoNoBen · 245912

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #1000 on: May 26, 2010, 01:03:31 PM
No, I AM.

You're kinda late, he's banned.

Whatever.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1001 on: May 26, 2010, 05:22:21 PM
You're kinda late, he's banned.

Whatever.
He'll be back. They always do.

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #1002 on: May 26, 2010, 08:56:59 PM
And we will be ready but until then, more Sonic rants!  owob

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #1003 on: May 27, 2010, 12:07:12 AM
Those have been temporarily relocated to the Sonic Colors thread.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1004 on: May 27, 2010, 03:43:01 AM
Sonic 3D Blast is A DECENT GAME. People hate it because it has a different gameplay from the other titles, but to be perfectly honest, I don't see any flaws with its gameplay.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #1005 on: May 27, 2010, 06:33:59 AM
Nor do I. I had that game and LOVED IT! <3 The music was awesome too.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #1006 on: May 27, 2010, 06:52:12 AM
Nor do I. I had that game and LOVED IT! <3 The music was awesome too.

Yes. I frikkin' loved DAT GREEN GROVE.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1007 on: May 27, 2010, 07:24:42 AM
Sonic 3D Blast is A DECENT GAME. People hate it because it has a different gameplay from the other titles, but to be perfectly honest, I don't see any flaws with its gameplay.
3D blast was interesting. in fact, if you play the hacked game minus the flicky collecting, it feels more like just a 3D sonic.

Also, funfact- Sonic 3D blast was made to make up for Sonic X-treme's cancellation.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #1008 on: May 27, 2010, 07:26:37 AM
Doesn't surprise me. I still liked the music and the gameplay, and the special stages were fun. I also liked fully exploring every level. Surprisingly, I found the controls to be better than some more recent isometric platformers.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1009 on: May 27, 2010, 07:35:55 AM
i still say Sega should come through and finally release Sonic X-treme, just to show up Mario galaxy. I mean come on. That game was so uber trippy. all fish eye lens and stuff.. Hell, Sonic was MADE to counter Mario, why not do so with Mario's latest success?

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1010 on: May 27, 2010, 07:51:19 AM
i still say Sega should come through and finally release Sonic X-treme, just to show up Mario galaxy. I mean come on. That game was so uber trippy. all fish eye lens and stuff.. Hell, Sonic was MADE to counter Mario, why not do so with Mario's latest success?

Um, Sega's gonna have to do a LOT to top Mario Galaxy 2.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1011 on: May 27, 2010, 08:35:26 AM
They can always try! They seem to love making Sonic do everything except being regular ol' sonic, So sonic with a SMG twist would be perfect for them!

Offline nobody

• Robot Master
  • this is me giving a [tornado fang]
    • View Profile
Reply #1012 on: May 27, 2010, 08:39:19 AM
They can always try! They seem to love making Sonic do everything except being regular ol' sonic, So sonic with a SMG twist would be perfect for them!
People complain no matter what they do, so it doesn't really matter what they do.

Gainax fanboys are the biggest hipsters all around.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #1013 on: May 27, 2010, 08:50:39 AM
People complain no matter what they do, so it doesn't really matter what they do.
This is a sad but true fact. I wish it wasn't so, but it is. Meh, oh well.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1014 on: May 27, 2010, 05:54:17 PM
Since all they've done lately has been crap, I think it's kind of relevant to complain.

Although I'd have to say, if we were to make a Galaxy-style Sonic platformer, we'd have to get rid of the speed. Keep the spin attacks and jumps, homing attacks and all, but the speed is mainly what's making recent games go out of control with crap.

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #1015 on: May 28, 2010, 02:32:07 AM
the speed is mainly what's making recent games go out of control with crap.

Thank god I'm not the only person who sees that.  Sega's been focusing on OMFG FASTER FASTER FASTER to the detriment of all else.  You had to be [tornado fang]ing clairvoyant to finish a stage in Unleashed without dying.

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1016 on: May 28, 2010, 03:06:33 AM
Thank god I'm not the only person who sees that.  Sega's been focusing on OMFG FASTER FASTER FASTER to the detriment of all else.  You had to be [tornado fang]ing clairvoyant to finish a stage in Unleashed without dying.
Either that, or be one of those whiny people who goes "Oh if you think it sucks it's because you suck at it, lawl!" And then go back to memorizing the routes in the stages obcessively through trial and error.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #1017 on: May 28, 2010, 08:15:36 AM
Or you could just take it slow.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1018 on: May 28, 2010, 08:23:45 AM
I remember games being about loosing before you finally learned what you had to do to win. Trial and error, and well, to a certain extent, strategy. Not be able to just breeze through it in a single take.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #1019 on: May 28, 2010, 08:26:22 AM
Or you could just take it slow.
But... he's the Flash! :P
I remember games being about loosing before you finally learned what you had to do to win. Trial and error, and well, to a certain extent, strategy. Not be able to just breeze through it in a single take.
Those were the good old days, weren't they?

Offline nobody

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #1020 on: May 28, 2010, 08:29:48 AM
Since all they've done lately has been crap, I think it's kind of relevant to complain.
Even if they did make something good, alot of people would still complain not matter what.

This is the truth of the Sonic fandom.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1021 on: May 28, 2010, 08:33:10 AM
But... he's the Flash!
Lol, totally forgot bout that for a sec. 8D
:PThose were the good old days, weren't they?
Im just saying, is all. I mean, I recall people always complaining about newer Castlevanias "because you can just grind to level up, and how theres no challenge and it doesnt require skill and strategy like the originals because of that"

Granted, Sonic isnt Castlevania. But the point applies. people used to ENJOY getting their asses handed to them in games, because it made you want to play till you got through the section. The ragequits and all were just part of the experience. Now, one death and people complain the game is flawed, or is too hard. they blame level design, game mechanics, controls, camera, the developers, whatever- Whatever happened to trial and error in videogames?

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #1022 on: May 28, 2010, 08:35:49 AM
The patience of gamers these days is either small or nonexistent, sadly enough. The older games like us, Flame, know what it's like to have to go through a challenge (apparently, Nintendo remembers too judging by Grandmaster Galaxy) in order to do something. It's something that the newer generation of gamers knows nothing about due to cookie-cutter licensing and games with the difficulty so low a blind gerbil could beat most of them. It's just part of the sad state of gaming nowadays.

Offline nobody

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #1023 on: May 28, 2010, 08:46:40 AM
But the point applies. people used to ENJOY getting their asses handed to them in ames

I've never liked getting my ass handed to me in Ames, or anywhere for that matter.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1024 on: May 28, 2010, 08:53:43 AM
Older? Im not THAT old. Hell, I was raised on the PS1 and GBC. My first Mega Man game was 8. :\

I just know what most Nostalgia and retrofags always complain about with newer game entries in franchises, is the difficulty level, and how there just isnt that same challenge that there used to be, how theres either no strategy required, or thigns like that.

And when I go to play those old games, its true, nowadays, Gamers seem to be spoiled by real forgiving games, so that when there is a game they arent good at, or they cant get the hang of, that requires practice,they complain. When they cant get through a stage on their first try, its the games fault for being badly designed.

Color me crazy, but I appreciated Megaman X6's challenge for all it was worth. Jesus how many times have I died and ragequit there when I was younger.

But I always wanted more, so i went back. Now that I can breeze through the game, it feels more satisfying that I learned how to do it almost perfectly.

But- back to Sonic- while the older games were never too challenging in the first place, (Well, Sonic 1 had it moments) games like Unleashed arent hard. Its true. However, you have to learn how to work it juuust right. you have to get a real hang of the fact that its so God damn fast. And yes, even memorize layouts. thats just part of the game. part of the trial and error bit.

Argh. I feel im not making a good argument, and at 2:52 in the morning, it doesnt surprise me. >_<;
my brain needs sleep.
I've never liked getting my ass handed to me in Ames, or anywhere for that matter.
Lol, oops. ate a letter there.