• Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #150 on: November 17, 2009, 06:35:02 PM
More like speciecist

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #151 on: November 17, 2009, 06:36:45 PM
Dungeons and Dragons 3.5 has taught me that like anything you can think of is a race, so no.

actually

(Seriously they think elf is a race what the hell wotc)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #152 on: November 17, 2009, 08:44:20 PM
I meant "Demon" and "savior" Together. That its a dragon is irrelevant. A savior demon? It happens, but it sure as hell sounds contradictory.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #153 on: November 18, 2009, 10:30:30 PM
Demon is often used as just origin of birth rather than allegiance though. Plenty of "good" demons in anime, though I think most of those are buxom girls. Odd, that.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #154 on: November 18, 2009, 10:51:38 PM
though I think most of those are buxom girls. Odd, that.
IS it all that surprising?

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #155 on: November 18, 2009, 10:57:24 PM
No, that was tongue-in-cheek...

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #156 on: November 19, 2009, 03:29:28 AM
Demon is often used as just origin of birth rather than allegiance though. Plenty of "good" demons in anime, though I think most of those are buxom girls. Odd, that.
Same word, two entirely different definitions.  That's mainly a cultural difference between us and Japan.  Outside of anime and Ninja Turtles, you don't usually see "demon" used in that context in the english-speaking world.  The context which refers to allegiance doesn't even include corporeal life forms at all, much less birth/lineage.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #157 on: November 19, 2009, 03:34:47 AM
Oh oh oh oh oh, I nearly forgot.

Has to be on the portable systems. Really, putting X9 on a console is expensive and a waste unless it's a downloadable game like MM9. If they want to do hard copy, make it portable so I have good solid Mega Man X gameplay on-the-go, as well as the flexible co-op and versus options Wi-Fi and wireless play naturally brings, instead of having to gather 'round a console.

Offline OmegaZ

• Knows a hot
  • A-Class Hunter
  • Mmmmmm, Coffah.
    • View Profile
Reply #158 on: November 19, 2009, 03:37:44 AM
Oh oh oh oh oh, I nearly forgot.

Has to be on the portable systems. Really, putting X9 on a console is expensive and a waste unless it's a downloadable game like MM9. If they want to do hard copy, make it portable so I have good solid Mega Man X gameplay on-the-go, as well as the flexible co-op and versus options Wi-Fi and wireless play naturally brings, instead of having to gather 'round a console.

I don't see the point of that, if they do that, then they might as well have put MM9 on DS. If they have to, put it on DSi Ware.

Something weird happened to my banner, please wait while I find a new one.

*Elevator music starts playing*

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #159 on: November 19, 2009, 03:44:12 AM
I sincerely hope not.  DSi Ware is thus far a craphouse and I cannot imagine that selling an actually decent game on it would be easy.

I don't think a Wii game would be that bad, though, considering its development costs are usually lower than the other two, and it is plenty capable of handling the anime-ish style that X is known for.  On the other hand, the last thing we need is X coming up with some excuse to use motion control (at least with Legends pointer-based aiming would make sense).

There is the mentality left over from GBC generation that portable X-series games tend to be side-stories.  Which I'd be all for, BTW, but for an actual X9 I'm not sure if Cappy would be up for a DS release.  X-series is generally a "retain classic gameplay but see what the new hardware can do" deal.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #160 on: November 19, 2009, 09:17:01 AM
I sincerely hope not.  DSi Ware is thus far a craphouse and I cannot imagine that selling an actually decent game on it would be easy.

I don't think a Wii game would be that bad, though, considering its development costs are usually lower than the other two, and it is plenty capable of handling the anime-ish style that X is known for.  On the other hand, the last thing we need is X coming up with some excuse to use motion control (at least with Legends pointer-based aiming would make sense).

There is the mentality left over from GBC generation that portable X-series games tend to be side-stories.  Which I'd be all for, BTW, but for an actual X9 I'm not sure if Cappy would be up for a DS release.  X-series is generally a "retain classic gameplay but see what the new hardware can do" deal.
Xtreme series graphics for X9. imagine that. Actually, Im quite fond of the Xtreme series style.

But I do not want an X9 like that, hell no. I want a full blown next Gen Megaman, like the blue bomber deserves!

Also, the problem of motion controls, is how they would apply to Zero. I can only imagine people bitching about a wiimote controlled saber. (swing to swing)

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #161 on: November 19, 2009, 11:56:50 AM
Same word, two entirely different definitions.  That's mainly a cultural difference between us and Japan.  Outside of anime and Ninja Turtles, you don't usually see "demon" used in that context in the english-speaking world.  The context which refers to allegiance doesn't even include corporeal life forms at all, much less birth/lineage.
I don't know about that. If I can buy fallen angels, why not risen demons?
As for birth, that wasn't meant literally at all..

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #162 on: November 19, 2009, 05:09:14 PM
I want a full blown next Gen Megaman, like the blue bomber deserves!

No way. The last thing Mega Man needs is a dose of dingy browns and ass sweat and GAR. X9 needs to stay, at the most, celshaded.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #163 on: November 19, 2009, 06:22:12 PM
No way. The last thing Mega Man needs is a dose of dingy browns and ass sweat and GAR. X9 needs to stay, at the most, celshaded.
Dont need dingy browns to be next gen.

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #164 on: November 19, 2009, 07:06:00 PM
Yeah, you can use grey instead.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #165 on: November 19, 2009, 07:17:59 PM
I'm saying to choose your words carefully, Flame. Do you want a Bionic Commando:Rearmed (acceptable) or a Bionic Commando with dreads (deplorable)?

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #166 on: November 19, 2009, 08:02:53 PM
Hey, I liked Ronon Dex Commando. Admittedly I liked the classic model even better, but it wasn't so bad on its own.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #167 on: November 19, 2009, 08:04:46 PM
I'm saying to choose your words carefully, Flame. Do you want a Bionic Commando:Rearmed (acceptable) or a Bionic Commando with dreads (deplorable)?
Sonic unleashed was Next Gen. And it was pretty awesome graphically.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #168 on: November 19, 2009, 09:23:23 PM
Unleashed would be the Rearmed in that case.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #169 on: November 19, 2009, 09:39:57 PM
The We nee a Megaman X rearmed...?

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #170 on: November 19, 2009, 10:23:13 PM
I don't think you're getting what I'm saying. So just drop it.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #171 on: November 20, 2009, 04:38:41 AM
D:
I just dont want another DLC Megaman. it worked for 9. It wont be so cute the second time around. I also want something better than X8. X7 was a step in an interesting diection, but they fudged it, and are scared to try again.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #172 on: November 20, 2009, 04:47:49 AM
That depends.  If it's as cheap as 9, I'll take DLC anyday!

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #173 on: November 20, 2009, 04:58:54 AM
Id pay 50 bucks if it meant a quality megaman game with actual effort and time put into it.
DLC is just another way to cash in megaman with sprite rehashes while abusing the term retro. I really dont have the faith in Capcom to actually make a DLC Megaman game without rehashing the 8 bit and X 16 bit sprite styles.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #174 on: November 20, 2009, 05:00:35 AM
LoL, or you can pay $50 and get MMX7!   8)