Gotham's Dump Thread

Gotham Ranger · 40213

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #100 on: June 05, 2009, 07:23:28 AM
Well, the recovery went [parasitic bomb]. Luckily, most of what I lost wasn't the writings I feared they were. *sigh of relief*

Anyways, here's an old avatar I made way back when in my Liquid X, when I thought my lame Return X rip off was awesome!

I just love the way the animation came out.

Soon I'll have some more Return X stuff I'll wanna post. I'm working on the pallette which is a [sonic slicer] because of his armor color not being something all that common.
you apparently never saw my ripoff. *shudder*
grea work Gotham. :)
also, I always thought Dopplers suport gal was kinda hot.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Rodrigo Shin

• Not a Zero series
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • Ácido Cinza
Reply #101 on: June 06, 2009, 01:43:28 AM
Wait, you're Liquid X?

Small world.

Either rate, Chameleon's head horns seem to be bent the opposite way in his sprite. But it's a somewhat different take on the Mega Mission design considering the (fan-made, yes) sprite there is lurking in some corners of the web.

The reason for retcon is to cancel out contradictions
a retcon is a last resort to erase a contradiction
Guys, please let me know when did Gwen Stacy getting retroactively impregnated with Goblin Twins solve any contradiction whatsoever and didn't create a whole set of new ones. TTFN

--

Whenever it comes to "consensus" and things alike, always remember Tony Bullet-Tooth's sage advice:
"You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #102 on: June 06, 2009, 05:40:45 AM
Yeah, I'm Liquid X. Thought it was lame, went with a name that was alot more original :P

Also, I had no clue there were attempted MegaMissions sprites before. I'd like to see'em, guess I'll have to go digging. As for his horns, yeah, they are bent a bit too far upwards so I may go back and fix it.

Offline Rodrigo Shin

• Not a Zero series
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • Ácido Cinza
Reply #103 on: June 06, 2009, 05:57:19 AM
Also, I had no clue there were attempted MegaMissions sprites before. I'd like to see'em, guess I'll have to go digging.
I got you covered.

Nope, it wasn't me who saved it as a JPEG but the author himself.

The reason for retcon is to cancel out contradictions
a retcon is a last resort to erase a contradiction
Guys, please let me know when did Gwen Stacy getting retroactively impregnated with Goblin Twins solve any contradiction whatsoever and didn't create a whole set of new ones. TTFN

--

Whenever it comes to "consensus" and things alike, always remember Tony Bullet-Tooth's sage advice:
"You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #104 on: June 06, 2009, 06:07:50 AM
Oh, awesome! I had been looking for this sheet for awhile because of the X armors!

Its a damn shame he saved them in jpeg, but then again.. With all those sprites, I can kinda see why. Makes harder to steal, but then again if you're dedicated enough you can get rid of all that dither.

Anyways, thanks. It'll be interesting to see how mine compare to those when I'm done, if not give me ideas when I start to get stuck. The guy definately has talent.

Offline Yllisos Zanon

• The Laberynth Librarian
  • Resistance Member
  • Individuality, so F*#K popularity
    • View Profile
Reply #105 on: June 06, 2009, 06:21:32 PM
I am not trying to burst your bubble, just letting you know that your not the first to attempt the Megamissions.

http://i34.tinypic.com/33dffpj.jpg

This is on the third page of the Fan Creations section.  The pixels might be funky if you try to copy and paste, but General took me the longest to create, he was also the funnest.  As for Mix-Forte on the page, he is 100% custom.

They're coming to take me away
hee hee hoo hoo haw haw

http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=veasman#

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #106 on: June 06, 2009, 06:47:28 PM
Good work on them. Will you post the clean version later? JPG doesn't look good for sprites... '>.>

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Yllisos Zanon

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #107 on: June 06, 2009, 06:57:00 PM
Next time I get the internet running through my computer (that is where the madness dwells), I will post a better version.  I am using my uncles computer for internet access, so I can't do so now.

As for Gotham, as you might notice is that I don't have Tackiones second form, and no Enemice.  At least not yet.

Plus I got a question for you, where is your source for the Megamission Cards?

hee hee hoo hoo haw haw

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #108 on: June 06, 2009, 10:06:28 PM
I am not trying to burst your bubble, just letting you know that your not the first to attempt the Megamissions.

This is on the third page of the Fan Creations section.  The pixels might be funky if you try to copy and paste, but General took me the longest to create, he was also the funnest.  As for Mix-Forte on the page, he is 100% custom.
I never wanted to be the first, anyways :P I figured someone had started too somewhere out there.

Anyways, while some of the sprites do look a little odd and that may be due to the artifacting, alot of the sprites look great. The Mix-Forte, as you mentioned, looks brilliant.

Still, its never a bad thing to see how different people handle the same thing :P

As for the MegaMissions cards, I saved all of them to a memory stick from a site I found them on. They were posted here on the board (I didn't bookmark due to how often my computer goes down) so I'll have to dig for the link later.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #109 on: June 08, 2009, 06:06:08 AM
So, absolutely no update at the moment. I'm working on Storm Eagle L, actually but I took a break.

I figured I'd take this opportunity in my own thread to complain about how annoying it is to wanna edit a Vile sprite for fun, maybe make a "Vile Limited', but can't find a good color scheme or give him much in the way of making him stand out compared to his other 3 incarnations. Its very headache inducing at 11 pm.

On the other hand, I did give him a shoulder-mounted rail gun in place of his shoulder cannon.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #110 on: June 08, 2009, 10:43:39 AM
A railgun? Sounds awesome. XD
As for colour scheme... How about crimson red with yellow? Just saying. :D

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Yllisos Zanon

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #111 on: June 08, 2009, 03:55:32 PM
I personally thought that Vile would look good with Turquoise as a primary, Orange as a secondary.  A Railgun sounds good, anxious for Vile mk.L.

hee hee hoo hoo haw haw

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #112 on: June 08, 2009, 07:40:55 PM

Alright, so, not really many changes but I think it looks different enough. I've got the first two Vile's for comparison. I also think DW hit the nail on the head with the crimson color. It just works.

Row 1: X1 Vile, X3 Vile, and Vile Limited
Row 2: Just different colors I tried. The first is based of Jango Fett (lol), the second is Yllisos' suggestion, and the third is just an alternate to the crimson pallette
Row 3: MegaMissions does this weird thing with its busters on a lot of characters where it puts this crystal dome over the front of the buster. I just applied it to Vile's cannon :P
Row 4: Same thing applies here. I figured I'd give Vile more weaponry since he is a war machine and the buster replaces the original arm cannon with the same function as his MHX arm weapon. Basically, its a rapid fire buster coming from two spots (the two "domes" are seperate barrells). The crimson one is just me messing with its look again as the MegaMissions series seems to have a knack for giving a character a buster that doesn't at all match the rest of their body :P (See EX Armor Zero from MegaMissions 2)

I'm liking the crimson look best, but I'm not sure which buster to use. Hmm.. Also, I guess I need to make a Limited Ride Armor.

Offline Emiri Landeel

• M i s s i n g   i n   a c t i o n
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Put your faith in me and I'll show ya.
    • View Profile
Reply #113 on: June 08, 2009, 07:47:43 PM
Vile Limited looks very Soviet Russia, with all those red and yellow :D

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #114 on: June 08, 2009, 07:51:34 PM
Awesome sauce, just like how I imagined the colour scheme. <3

As for buster choices, the last one on row 4 looks the most coherent with the look, so I would go with that.
And more weapons for the Ride Armour too! XD

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #115 on: June 08, 2009, 07:58:04 PM
Vile Limited looks very Soviet Russia, with all those red and yellow :D
Yes, it seems Dr. Cossack L has been hiding in cyberspace

Awesome sauce, just like how I imagined the colour scheme. <3

As for buster choices, the last one on row 4 looks the most coherent with the look, so I would go with that.
And more weapons for the Ride Armour too! XD
Its funny, because at first I had tried red, but it wasn't very dark and it just looked horrid. It was late so crimson didn't even occur to me :P

Also, I'll sprite Metal Gear! Yes, Vile will pilot REX.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #116 on: June 08, 2009, 08:01:13 PM
I see... XD
And YES! REX!

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #117 on: June 08, 2009, 08:20:08 PM
X: METAL GEAR?!

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #118 on: June 08, 2009, 08:54:00 PM

This is on the third page of the Fan Creations section.  The pixels might be funky if you try to copy and paste, but General took me the longest to create, he was also the funnest.  As for Mix-Forte on the page, he is 100% custom.

You know, I can easily clean that up, if I had the time..

I just enjoy how Vile Limited turned out.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline borockman

• Super avatar painter in training
  • Legendary Hero
  • DONALD ANGRY! DONALD SMASH!!
    • View Profile
Reply #119 on: June 09, 2009, 12:48:07 AM
Wooo, the red crimson Vile looks great!

I like the buster on the last row.

Proud member of Indigo tribe!

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #120 on: June 09, 2009, 01:04:50 AM
I just wanted to say that Liquid X looks more original than most ripoffs... You should have seen mine back in the day *shudders* May Darkhunter, that poor bastard, rest in peace.

I'm liking how your limited series is coming along so far. The crimson on Vile suits him perfectly.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #121 on: June 09, 2009, 02:39:47 AM

No Stage Select portrait on this one because, quite frankly, I was lazy :P I also think Storm Eagle L's shoulders may be a bit too thick on the edge and a bit too damn big. Otherwise, I think it came out good.

Offline borockman

• Super avatar painter in training
  • Legendary Hero
  • DONALD ANGRY! DONALD SMASH!!
    • View Profile
Reply #122 on: June 09, 2009, 02:43:33 AM
That's actually a better color scheme compare to other limited.

Proud member of Indigo tribe!

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #123 on: June 09, 2009, 02:59:39 AM
Had to fix a transparency issue.

But yeah, compared to other Limited, this is a much more tame color scheme :P

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #124 on: June 09, 2009, 03:07:52 AM
I just wanted to say that Liquid X looks more original than most ripoffs... You should have seen mine back in the day *shudders* May Darkhunter, that poor bastard, rest in peace.

I'm liking how your limited series is coming along so far. The crimson on Vile suits him perfectly.

Mine was a Shadow x Model X chimera clone with chaos control back when the Jp ZX1 ROM was BARELY emuable. which was in '06-07 when the MFZ was still around (in act 4). I transformed him into a completely diffrent character. see? I recycle my characters.

No Stage Select portrait on this one because, quite frankly, I was lazy :P I also think Storm Eagle L's shoulders may be a bit too thick on the edge and a bit too damn big. Otherwise, I think it came out good.

Eagle L's pretty badass there.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.