Gotham Ranger · 40193

Offline ST Jestah

• Procastinator Extraordinair
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Just chilling in the Nexus.
    • View Profile
Reply #150 on: August 04, 2009, 05:56:32 AM
 Well now...this is a bit awkard.

For I too have made a character who uses blood as a weapon.

But of course, there are many differences between what you and keiang had in mind.

And of course there's this one anime/manga that has a character that uses her blood as a weapon...

Anyhoo, let's see if I can give you some ideas for this characters attakcs.

Blood Porcupine: The character cuts himself all over his body and turns the blood from his wounds into spikes, making a sort of spiked armor. This could also work work for an emergency manouver, in case the character has been heavily wounded in battle and uses this as a last resort move.

Blood trap: Leaves a large drop(s)/poudle(s) of his blood on the ground, which he can later turn into a spike (or whatever else you have in mind) when some one is above/stepping on it.

Blood Boomerang: The character cuts his fore arm and then swings it at his enemies, the spilt blood becomes a sharp boomerang that cuts anything in it's curved path.

Hmmm, that's all I can come up with for now.

PS: All of these are attacks that are not base on moi's character, mostly because my chary isn't a masochist. 

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #151 on: August 04, 2009, 06:01:53 AM
Well now...this is a bit awkard.

For I too have made a character who uses blood as a weapon.

But of course, there are many differences between what you and keiang had in mind.

And of course there's this one anime/manga that has a character that uses her blood as a weapon...

Anyhoo, let's see if I can give you some ideas for this characters attakcs.

Blood Porcupine: The character cuts himself all over his body and turns the blood from his wounds into spikes, making a sort of spiked armor. This could also work work for an emergency manouver, in case the character has been heavily wounded in battle and uses this as a last resort move.

Blood trap: Leaves a large drop(s)/poudle(s) of his blood on the ground, which he can later turn into a spike (or whatever else you have in mind) when some one is above/stepping on it.

Blood Boomerang: The character cuts his fore arm and then swings it at his enemies, the spilt blood becomes a sharp boomerang that cuts anything in it's curved path.

Hmmm, that's all I can come up with for now.

PS: All of these are attacks that are not base on moi's character, mostly because my chary isn't a masochist. 
What anime/manga?

Also fffffff, there's no originality on this earth anymore D:

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #152 on: August 04, 2009, 06:09:48 AM
Mm. Only whats already been said.
Whip,
Bullets/projectiles
lance/sword
independent sharp appendages,

yeah. that stuff. maybe turn it into a mist to conceal yourself while you escape or something?

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #153 on: August 04, 2009, 07:11:57 AM
Hmm, I guess this really says something about blood based weapons. I'd never really heard of any until I went to TV Tropes just now. There's plenty of examples there. Most involve making blades or being poisonous. I guess there really isn't a whole lot you can do to make a blood weapon based character.

Also, StrangeMan, we should really compare notes :P

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #154 on: August 04, 2009, 07:57:28 AM
Blood based weapons usually seem to involve vampires as well. For the most part anyway. I only know a few instances.
Im sure you can make it work out somehow though. Hell, why not make im turn his blood into a machine gun? that would be interesting.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline ST Jestah

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #155 on: August 04, 2009, 08:01:13 AM
Mmmmmmyesh, we should compare notes...if by that you mean tell you my ideas for a character that uses blood for a weapon then...yesh, why not...though you better not steal moi's ideas! B( (jk.)

Also...
What anime/manga?

They're probably a few animes/mangas that have a character(s) who can control/use their blood as a weapon.

The anime/manga I was refering to was Soul Eater, the character has black blood that happens to be a character as well.

Said black blood can transform into a shrieking sword, and some wierd ass dragon thing with human teeth.

The blood can also be used defensively, for example: if the character gets cut, she can turn her blood into spikes. She can also turn the spilt blood into spikes. (Which is were I "borrowed" the idea for Blood Trap.). The character can also harden her blood, making it like a very hard armor under her skin.

...and that's about it. Nothing really out of the ordinary.

Also fffffff, there's no originality on this earth anymore D:
Quoting this for the cold, hard truth.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #156 on: August 04, 2009, 08:40:44 AM
Between the two of us, we could easily make a Darkstalkers-ish game that would totally be full of batshit characters

Offline ST Jestah

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #157 on: August 04, 2009, 09:04:15 AM
But I'm already making a fighter with batshit-characters...well technically, I just have the drawings/designs/concept for the characters.

I also have and idea for the control scheme and such...but I don't have the programing skills (actually I have no programming skills at all.) to back them up with.

...Also I have no spriting skills...

...I'm also lazy as hell.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #158 on: August 04, 2009, 09:10:23 AM
But I'm already making a fighter with batshit-characters...well technically, I just have the drawings/designs/concept for the characters.
Thats a start.

I also have and idea for the control scheme and such...but I don't have the programing skills (actually I have no programming skills at all.) to back them up with.
Control schemes aren't all that hard to come up with. Just depends on if you're used to fighting games or not. 2D Fighters are easy. Its the 3D Fighters that have wonky [parasitic bomb]. Also, MUGEN would be somewhere to start. It has the engine and such if you really wanna get this going somewhere.

...Also I have no spriting skills...
This is a problem.

...I'm also lazy as hell.
Well don't be! :P

Offline ST Jestah

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #159 on: August 04, 2009, 09:43:10 AM
Well I can't really say that don't have any spriting skills, really haven't sprited much.

Only thin I sprited was that 8-bit version of my megaman fan character, Dr.Sleak Oni...and his licking animation.

I'll see if I can sprite on eof the fighters later today, just to see if I have skills or not.

As for the programming, I was actually thinking of using MUGEN.
But I wanted a unique control scheme...course I guess if I read some tutorials on how to make a fighter on a gaming/MUGEN forum, I guess I could already start practicing for said game.

As for the lazyness, I'll see what I can do.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #160 on: August 04, 2009, 10:24:13 AM
How unique are we talking? You gotta have a scheme thats accessible and easy to grasp

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #161 on: August 05, 2009, 03:19:34 PM
Hmm... Blood...
All that I've thought up of as already been mentioned...

Anyways, good luck with it.

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #162 on: September 25, 2009, 10:39:44 AM
Holy crap, I had to dig to the bottom of page two to find this. I should really do stuff more often!

Anyways, I got some groove going and I decided to write. I enjoy writing. I just think it sucks. But hey, I figure RPM has some good guys, maybe they can help me or at least tell me how awesome I am 8D

So here, check this:

[spoiler]The leaves rustled gently as the light breeze swept through the woods. The grass waved to and fro, almost as if dancing to an unheard rhythm. Clouds dotted the sky as the sun slowly made its way towards the horizon, signalling the end of the day and the coming of night. However, the calm of nature was soon to be broken.

Tristan tried to move as quickly as he could, pushing the brush aside as he searched for his party. Moments before he had been seperated from the group during the opening of their strike and he now hurried to meet back up with them before he could get caught alone. The horizon was ablaze as the sun began setting, giving Tristan a very limited timeframe to rejoin his group. Once night fell, he'd be as good as lost. Another soldier reported as M.I.A or even K.I.A. Another good man who died for the cause. The cause? What cause? He was just trying to make a living doing the only thing he knew how. He didn't need a reason as long as the money was good.

Dark ash blonde hair covered his head, a thin, unkempt, straggley mess that fell to his shoulders. The same color hair lined his jaw with several weeks growth, irritating as it was. His grey eyes darted to his left and right as he pushed through branches and bushes, trying to find a clearing to get his where abouts. He burst passed a thicket, when his eyes saw exactly what he didn't want to see.

"Oh crap.."

Just yards away stood a goliath of a man. Easily 6 and a half feet tall and outweighing Tristan by at least 100 pounds. He was clad in armor and carried the most ridiculously large battle axe Tristan had seen. The worst part? The goliath was staring right at him. Tristan fumbled quickly, reaching for the sachel on his right hip and.. And..

"..[parasitic bomb]!". The sachel that carried his spell shards was gone. Perhaps lost back in any number of bushes as he tore through them. Only one other thing to do. Suddenly, out of the corner of his eye, Tristan saw the huge battle axe raised over his head. He jumped to the right, hitting the ground and rolling as the axe came down, tearing into the earth, scarring it with its edge. Tristan took the opportunity to get some distance between the two of them, backing away and reaching to his left hip. Gripping the handle, he drew the unorthodox blade from its sheath -- A long, sharp blade connected to what looked to be the end half of a double barreled shotgun. A gunblade.

The blades came in several styles, and unlike a large number of weapons that were mass produced, were only made by request from private builders. They came in several styles, ranging from revolvers to automatic pistols (or in this case, a double barreled firing mechanism). Each utilised ammunition known as "magic shells", bullets crafted from spell shards to be used in the gun of the blade. While the revolver or pistol offered more rounds, the shotgun offered more power.

Tristan raised the blade with both hands, aiming at the behemoth and pulling the first trigger. The blade burned with energy for only the briefest of moments before discharging a ball of fire that tore through the air. The behemoth acted quickly, showing he was prepared as he swung his massive axe to the side. The axe radiated energy just as Tristan's gunblade and a strong gust of wind was sent in his direction. Tristan planted his feet firmly in the ground, pushing his weight forward to keep himself from being blown back. He watched as his fireball was blown to nothing. He cursed again. The one thing he hated was going into a battlefield and not knowing what to expect. He hated surprises when his life was being bet against an opponent.

"Alright, lets try this..!" He exclaimed to no one but himself, raising his gunblade again. This time pulling the second trigger, the blade again burned brightly just before firing a power bolt of lightning that cracked as it charged forward. The behemoth was already acting, raising his axe in front of him and using it to catch the bolt. The energy danced across the axes surface before finally dissipating.

"Damn it, how did he..?!" Tristan wasn't able to finish the thought. The behemoth bared down on him, swinging the axe with all his might. Tristan was barely able to get his gunblade up, bracing it with his free hand as the blade took the brunt of the impact. The force behind the swing took him off his feet before he landed hard on his back, nearly forcing all the air out of his lungs. He laid there for a moment, the thoughts swirling in his head. "Like a.. Hammer.. Damn that.. [parasitic bomb]!"

Tristan rolled to the side, barely avoiding being cleaved in half by the large axe as it came down from the sky. He rolled backwards onto one knee and dug his hand deep into the ground. He waited only momentarily as the monster of a man stepped towards him before slinging dirt into his eyes. The behemoth cursed, grabbing his eyes and swinging his axe wildly. Tristan again narrowly avoided its edge, realising he needed to get out of the way. He took the opening to create distance between them, moving quick and ducking behind a tree. He caught his breath, listening to the behemoth curse, growl and yell for the cheap tactic. Tristan knew it was cheap but he wasn't about to let his life go so easily.

Cursing himself for losing his sachel and imagining how easy things would be if he were able to use a sloth shard, he at least had the magic shells in the ammo belt around his chest. He was losing time as the darkness was rapidly approaching and he needed to finish this. Ejecting the used shells from his gun, he reached to the belt around his chest to find two more to replace them with. He'd need to catch his opponent off guard before using them this time, he thought to himself as he removed another lightning shell from the belt.

CRAAAACK!!

Tristan froze. A lesser man would've soiled himself. The splintering sound was so close he could feel it. Barely turning his head, he could see the sharp edge of the battle axe dug into the tree, a mere inch from his face. It began to glow. Knowing what was coming next, Tristan moved as quick as he could, scurrying to get away from the tree when the explosion went off. The blast incinerated the tree and the force of it sent Tristan flying into the ground, rolling several times. His ears were ringing, his vision unfocused. He fumbled around with his hands, trying to find his gunblade, knowing that at any moment the behemoth would be on top of him. Within seconds, he felt the familiar grip. His vision starting to focus, he hurried quickly to place two shells into the shotgun mechanism. He snapped the gunblade back together, cocking it. His vision refocused, the ringing gone, he turned on one knee and held the blade up with both hands.

The force behind the behemoths charge again sent Tristan spiraling to the ground. He hadn't even a second to pull the trigger before he was run down by his monstrous opponent. Rolling several times, his back hit a tree causing him to stop abruptly. Shaking the cobwebs out, he was only able to get to his feet before the behemoth was on him, forcing the huge axes handle against his throat and pushing upwards. Tristan felt his feet leave the ground as he was shoved higher by his throat. He looked down at the snarling face that looked up at him, malice filling the behemoths eyes. He could barely gasp for air and he was quickly losing oxygen. He could feel he still had a grip on his gunblade, and with whatever leverage he could manage with his arm, stabbed as hard as he could into the behemoths side.

The stab seemed to merely irritate the beast, but he let up just enough for Tristan to take a gasp of much needed air. Suddenly, the pressure was back, his throat being crushed, the rage and malice in the behemoths eyes becoming more intense. Tristan moved his finger onto the trigger and squeezed..

And squeezed..

It was jammed! Quickly, he pulled the second trigger.. Jammed! Damn it, of all the luck! Tristan acted frantically, using both his trigger finger and middle finger and pulling on both triggers. One of them HAD to budge. He didn't have a chance if they didn't. The all too familiar warning suddenly flooded into his mind, "Whatever you do, NEVER pull both triggers at the same time..", the standard warning given to anyone who operated a double barrel shotgun. That was dangerous enough, but now he was using magic shells and worse yet he didn't know which two. All he could do was pull as hard as his remaining strength let him. He could feel the pressure building in his head, the lack of air in his lungs, the black slowly creeping into his vision from all sides as his attacker continued to snarl and growl. How stupid of himself to get seperated from the party. How stupid of himself to barrel through the woods without careful manuevering to avoid confrontation. How stupid of himself to..

Click.

The familiar glow of light, the sudden drop of pressure against his throat. The warning echoed through his pounding skull once more.

"Never pull both triggers.."

His body stung, his head ached, he could barely swallow. He could feel the skin on his arm sizzling, he could smell the burning flesh not only from himself but from what was left of the behemoth who had nearly squeezed the life out of him. The ground around him was scorched, his clothes burnt and charred and the weapon that had saved his life was mangled and twisted beyond recognition and use. The sun had set. Night was upon him. He'd be lucky if they bothered to find him and that was only if they were successful themselves. He'd go down as another name under "Killed In Action". Yet, despite all that, one thought stayed clear in his head.

"So that's what happens when you.."[/spoiler]

Character name may not be permanent. I have no idea if I'll go somewhere with this or if its just this isolated tidbit. We'll see.

Thoughts?

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #163 on: September 25, 2009, 10:43:49 AM
Your writing seems pretty good to me.  The grammar is there, as well as good storytelling.  I'm not quite sure if there is a bigger story at work here, but overall it is pretty good.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #164 on: September 25, 2009, 10:52:29 AM
I'm not sure if there's a bigger story, either. I guess we'll have to see where my inspiration takes me

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #165 on: September 25, 2009, 03:14:19 PM
I really like all the action in there, very nice read. :3

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #166 on: September 26, 2009, 04:21:55 AM
Thanks, you two. I really thought this was one of my best tidbits. So much so, I felt confident in actually showing it to more than the usual 3 people I do.

Now I'm at 5 :P I hope I can get some more opinions

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #167 on: September 26, 2009, 03:59:33 PM
Hey, I liked that. You know how to write action, I kind of lack that, even when I write in my native langugae(TEH POLISH).

I shall be awaiting more writing from you. DO NOT DISAPPOINT ME!

OR ELSE!

Offline ST Jestah

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #168 on: September 27, 2009, 12:17:05 AM
That was a very nice read, the action was great.

Now I only have one question...Will there be more?

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #169 on: September 27, 2009, 09:14:19 AM
Thanks for reading it, Strange and Khar! Everyone seems to enjoy the action, so I'm doing something right.

Unfortunately, guess whose PC went down AGAIN. (Me!) I think it's finally dead this time, too. And while I can use my mom's laptop to keep up on happenings, not exactly the best way to write when you've got the itch. So I'm not sure what I'm gonna do. At least I know people enjoy it, so thats motivation to continue when I can

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #170 on: September 27, 2009, 09:19:34 AM
Just make sure you keep your ideas on paper and such.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #171 on: September 27, 2009, 09:57:25 AM
I may write ideas down in a notebook, yeah. When it comes to full fledged writing though, oh man.. Paper and pen.. Keyboards have spoiled me!

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #172 on: September 27, 2009, 10:08:59 AM
Oh well...
But like PB said, paper and pen for all them ideas. :3

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #173 on: September 27, 2009, 11:36:04 AM
I really wish I had a typewriter, actually. That would be sweet.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #174 on: September 27, 2009, 11:41:22 AM
That would have been pretty awesome, the clicks and all... XD