Kit · 216374

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #3825 on: August 19, 2013, 08:50:04 AM
Quickie nodded.  "If you can, could you ask how Mewtwo's doing?  Tell him I said 'hi,' and to sit tight, we're on the case?"

"For quite some time," Meowth said, standing proudly on his chair and rubbing his curled paws on his chest, "It was a hard process and for a different reason than to translate for my language-barred compatriots, but in the end, it was worth the labor."

Yeung nodded, taking notes. "What made you decide to do this?  Are you literate?  The structure of the throat and palate doesn't seem conducive for speech, aside from vague approximations, though you're very articulate and you have good enunciation.  Though, that accent of yours is interesting.  I assume it was a dialect you were exposed to?"

Mewtwo watched the exchange, rubbing his neck tube with one hand.  The numbness had since subsided, though the tube itself ached slightly from being squeezed.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #3826 on: August 19, 2013, 09:09:48 AM
"Come to think of it... When Mewtwo was attacking that impostor... That Yamask was attacking Darunia after Darunia swiped something in midair. I don't know what it was, but... Could it have been one of the cards?"

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
  • It's tough being an avatar when you're so restless
    • View Profile
Reply #3827 on: August 19, 2013, 09:18:23 AM
Hierophant nods, "I'll see what I can do, but I won't guarantee we'll cross paths at any point."

Hearing what Taylor said, Hierophant looks towards her with a little more concern.

"Did it have a a printing that looks like the one sticking out of my back?"

Yeung nodded, taking notes. "What made you decide to do this?  Are you literate?  The structure of the throat and palate doesn't seem conducive for speech, aside from vague approximations, though you're very articulate and you have good enunciation.  Though, that accent of yours is interesting.  I assume it was a dialect you were exposed to?"

Mewtwo watched the exchange, rubbing his neck tube with one hand.  The numbness had since subsided, though the tube itself ached slightly from being squeezed.

Meowth places one paw on his side and rubs his chin with the other, "Ah, the memories....  I once fell in love with a rich Meowth in Hollywood who preferred human pampering over the rough hardship of a stray.  I believed that if I learned the ways of a human, I could finally win her heart.  I spent days learning how to speak and walk like a human, each one taking up an ability that could just as easily benefit my livelihood.  But if it could impress her and make her love me, it was all worth the effort."

MAKE WAY FOR HAJIME'S DRAGON DELIVERY EXPRESS!!! 8D

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #3828 on: August 19, 2013, 09:30:52 AM
Yeung nodded. "Did you succeed?  And since your physiology is more suited to quadrupedal ambulation, how is your back?  Do you have any discomfort?  Judging by how quickly you became fluent in our language, then it lends to the belief that Pokemon are capable of understanding our language, but largely incapable of expressing it themselves, save for you and any telepaths, such as Mewtwo.  At first, its fluency was attributed to its hybridized genome, but now it doesn't seem that way."

Mewtwo listened to the exchange, focusing mostly on his meal.  Finishing a few more bites, he decided to do a quick test of his powers, to ensure that everything was still in working order.  Focusing on the bottle of water, he gestured slightly, moving his hand in a small, circular pattern, and the water inside the bottle began to follow suit, swirling into a small whirlpool.  After a while, the bottle itself was spinning on an axis, mainly due to inertia from the torrent inside the bottle.

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3829 on: August 19, 2013, 09:44:03 AM
Meowth changes positions, placing one paw on his heart while resting the other on his forehead below his charm, "Unfortunately, no.  When I confronted her with my results, she no longer saw me as a Pokemon, but a freak trying to pass myself off as human.  It saddened me so, but I didn't want to put my newfound abilities to waste, so I decided to join Team Rocket and help them translate any Pokemon that crosses our path."

Though he heard this tale before, James couldn't help but tear up, pulling out a handkerchief and pressing it against one of his teary eyes, "Ooooh, what a tale....  The horrors and tribulations to achieve one's true love...."

Ryuta, though intrigued by what he had been hearing, was mildly distracted by Mewtwo testing out his newly energized psychic powers, though he didn't say anything to avoid startling anyone into retaliating and causing any mess that would end up being blamed on him.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #3830 on: August 19, 2013, 10:13:03 AM
Yeung nodded slowly.  "You could write Shakespeare.  That story would make for a wonderful production."  

"It is quite tragic a tale," Mewtwo nodded, mostly concentrating on spinning the water bottle.

Yeung glanced over and watched him for a moment. "Bored, or just practicing?"  He pointed to the bottle.  "I notice that you gesture when using your abilities.  Does that help you?  Is it easier to focus when you make gestures?"

Mewtwo didn't respond right away, instead slowing the bottle and then grabbing it.  He took a drink and set it down. "I am directing my powers, though I do not need to gesture all the time, particularly if I am focusing on a number of things at once."

"So, why were you doing that?" Yeung again pointed to the bottle. "In social situations, if you did that around people while they were talking, we'd consider it rude and distracting.  We'd think that you're bored, or not paying attention.  Do you understand why I ask this?"

"I was paying attention," Mewtwo didn't look up, but instead reached behind his head to rub his neck tube. "I was just ensuring that I could still function properly.  Do not touch me in that manner again."

Yeung folded his arms. "You must understand that that is a fascinating structure, and we're not entirely sure what it is.  The imaging results show it to be a secondary spinal cord, or possibly the primary spinal cord.  For all we know, it's either a physical manifestation of your psychic connection--your creator's definition, not mine--or a rare mutation of spina bifida.  That's why I'm ordering a biopsy and spinal tap, along with an MRI to get a better look at it."  He glanced at his notes. "With the inclusion of major blood vessels in that structure, we may be looking at more than a simple neural tube defect."

Mewtwo narrowed his eyes and returned his focus to his meal for a moment.  He glanced up at Meowth. "That female was foolish for spurning your affections.  You had worked hard to become who you are now.  Her belief that you were a 'freak' is shallow and petty."  He glanced down at his meal for a moment, then returned his gaze.  "Though, I do have to ask, since I still ponder this question myself...  Do you see yourself as a Pokemon or a person?"

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3831 on: August 19, 2013, 10:44:56 AM
Meowth hums while scratching his chin, "I believe I see myself as a little of both.  I fight and look like a Pokemon, yet I behave like a human even back in a time where Pokemon don't see themselves as capable of being good or evil."

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #3832 on: August 19, 2013, 11:01:39 AM
Mewtwo nodded slowly. "I still do not know what I am."

"So, how do other people respond when you talk?" Yeung looked to Meowth again. "Are you able to read and write?  What is your grip strength?  Are you able to use tools?  I noticed that you had some difficulty with silverware, due to the lack of an opposable thumb."  He stood and walked over to Meowth, taking his hand and spreading the digits. "Your paws are no different from a normal Meowth, built primarily for ambulation, rather than fine manipulation."  He let go and walked around the table, grabbing Mewtwo's hand and spreading the digits. "Whereas Mewtwo here has a highly-developed opposable thumb, hands built for manipulating objects, a far cry from the almost vestigial arms of a Mew."

Mewtwo ripped his hand from Yeung's grip and ignored him.

Yeung didn't take any offense to the action and returned to Meowth, pointing to the unopened water bottle.  "Could you open that, please?  I'd like to get a sense of your motor skills."

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #3833 on: August 19, 2013, 11:01:56 AM
"I didn't really get a good look at it... Maybe Darunia did? It was stuck to his paw, after all," she ventured, summoning the Pancham from his rest inside the Poké Ball. "Darunia, remember that card you swiped?"

"PAN PAN!" he replied happily.

"Did the design on the back resemble the one in his back?" she asked. The Pancham put his paw to his chin, thinking back to that time for a second. After a minute or so of deliberation, he solemnly nodded at Taylor. "Well that answers that then."

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3834 on: August 19, 2013, 11:12:00 AM
"I guess I don't have to ask which of the cards he caught," Hierophant sighed, "Danny's the only one with the tenacity to give the captor a runaround before being forced onto their being, and Merrick was still with us when things were beginning to simmer down."

Mewtwo nodded slowly. "I still do not know what I am."

"So, how do other people respond when you talk?" Yeung looked to Meowth again. "Are you able to read and write?  What is your grip strength?  Are you able to use tools?  I noticed that you had some difficulty with silverware, due to the lack of an opposable thumb."  He stood and walked over to Meowth, taking his hand and spreading the digits. "Your paws are no different from a normal Meowth, built primarily for ambulation, rather than fine manipulation."  He let go and walked around the table, grabbing Mewtwo's hand and spreading the digits. "Whereas Mewtwo here has a highly-developed opposable thumb, hands built for manipulating objects, a far cry from the almost vestigial arms of a Mew."

Mewtwo ripped his hand from Yeung's grip and ignored him.

Yeung didn't take any offense to the action and returned to Meowth, pointing to the unopened water bottle.  "Could you open that, please?  I'd like to get a sense of your motor skills."

Meowth attempts to say something, but was interrupted by Yeung's continued interrogation over his structure and motor skills.  Still keeping in mind that he may not attempt to push him to any bodily intruding examinations without Domino's go ahead, he decides to humor the doctor and pulls the bottle towards him, clamping his three fingered paws around the cap and giving it a good twist before eventually separating the plastic lid from the bottle.  Feeling a little thirsty himself, he decides to pick up the bottle with both hands and tip the nozzle towards his gaping mouth, spilling a small pint down his throat before pulling back and letting out a satisfied gasp.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #3835 on: August 19, 2013, 11:19:12 AM
"Not bad, not bad, particularly for a learned behavior," Yeung nodded, finally returning to his seat.  He picked up his smartphone and ended the recording session, saving the video and pocketing the device.  "Alright, well I'm done here.  When you're ready, meet me in Interview Room 3 and we'll do the eval."  Gathering his papers, he stacked them, rapped their ends on the table, then tucked them under one arm, stood, and left the cafeteria.

Waiting until Yeung was out of earshot, Mewtwo relaxed. "Finally."

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3836 on: August 19, 2013, 11:29:56 AM
Meowth sighed as well, "Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be....  Then again this was just a passing glance, so I can't rest easy while I'm stuck here."

"Best you can do is just wing it until Dr. Yeung has had his fill of Pokemon acting out of the ordinary," James said while handing Meowth a Magikarp-shaped cookie.

"The only thing we have to worry about now is that psyche eval," Ryuta said, "I have a feeling he might do more than just writing and reading, but it's merely a hunch since I've barely seen the full extent of one."

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #3837 on: August 19, 2013, 11:42:46 AM
"I believe that I can handle the psych eval," Mewtwo nodded. "I have heard the term before.  The other tests, though," he trailed off, rubbing his neck tube again.  With his other hand, he gestured and focused on stacking the cookies into a pyramid.  He flicked his fingers and the pyramid tumbled into a pile of cookies, with one or two landing just shy of the plate's rim. "When he squeezed it and caused my limbs to go numb, it startled me, to say the least.  That was why I was testing my powers."  He stopped rubbing his neck tube and reached across the table to grab one of the cookies.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #3838 on: August 19, 2013, 11:49:11 AM
"Either way, we'll just have to keep a constant lookout then..." Joe said messily, some of the rice from the jelly doughnut flying out in various directions. Noticing himself, he covered his mouth, and murmuring... "Sorry."

Officer Jenny heard her sister on the other end of the line, and tried to keep her composure. "So Sis... How are things over at the station?"

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3839 on: August 19, 2013, 11:58:41 AM
"I'm just about finished reading the evaluations of the test we performed on the card used in the incident," Jenny began, "But without a Ditto to prove the card was capable of copying such an inbred ability, we may have to schedule a trip to the Institute to see if they have a Ditto they could let us borrow and confirm Mewtwo's accusation and put one case to rest."

"I believe that I can handle the psych eval," Mewtwo nodded. "I have heard the term before.  The other tests, though," he trailed off, rubbing his neck tube again.  With his other hand, he gestured and focused on stacking the cookies into a pyramid.  He flicked his fingers and the pyramid tumbled into a pile of cookies, with one or two landing just shy of the plate's rim. "When he squeezed it and caused my limbs to go numb, it startled me, to say the least.  That was why I was testing my powers."  He stopped rubbing his neck tube and reached across the table to grab one of the cookies.

"It must be some kind of safety feature," Ryuta said, "Most likely to make sure you don't cause any trouble once you're released from your tube."

"That worked out well, considering how hard it would be to get behind him and grab it," James mutters while readjusting his glasses.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #3840 on: August 19, 2013, 12:03:06 PM
Officer Jenny tsk'd audibly into the phone. "Cards? We are still talking about those!?"

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3841 on: August 19, 2013, 12:07:47 PM
"Complain and whine all you want," Jenny grumbles, "If you had just bit your lip and suspended your disbelief, maybe I wouldn't have to kick you off the case and rely on my cousin to handle most of the work."

She then attempts to change the subject, "Speaking of which, I'm going to be talking to my cousin concerning whether I should also accompany Phoenix Wright with Mr. Mizusawa, or let her handle Phoenix's own investigation.  So I better not get any reports of you trying to sabotage our investigation just to get your petty revenge on Mewtwo.  In fact, I might have to keep you locked in our room until you swear you'll behave and apologize for all the hardship you caused Ms. Shank and her friends."

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #3842 on: August 19, 2013, 12:18:32 PM
"... I have just as much authority as you and our cousin... But fine... I apologise for my rude attitude towards Ms Shank and her friends... Expecially..." Officer Jenny struggled with the last word, before finally spitting it out. "... Mewtwo."

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3843 on: August 19, 2013, 12:23:46 PM
Jenny didn't seem sure her sister was telling the truth, but considering there were other cases that might require her iron-fisted attention, she decides to humor her for the time being.

"Alright, I'll stop and let you out AFTER I take Mr. Mizusawa and Mr. Wright to the Pokemon Institute," she began, "Until I get back, I'm going to have a doctor sent down to our room to examine you and make sure you've fully recovered from yesterday's fiasco."

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #3844 on: August 19, 2013, 12:53:34 PM
"... Fine, I hear ya." Officer Jenny hung up the call, and laid back down into the bed. "The sooner I get out, the sooner I can finally rip that mask off of Mewtwo's psychic face..." As she turned to her side, she can't help but think hard on a name her sister mentioned. "Phoenix Wright ehh... This should be fun..."

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #3845 on: August 19, 2013, 01:25:03 PM
(You've set up a true nutball to unmask for the case in bitchy Jenny, haven't ya? 8D)

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #3846 on: August 19, 2013, 01:31:39 PM
(It's Bitchy Jenny, expect no less. 8D)

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #3847 on: August 19, 2013, 02:01:39 PM
(This better be one epic meltdown! 8D

Also trying to figure out how to get Phoenix to get statements regarding bitchy Jenny as well... just to help that meltdown along a bit)

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #3848 on: August 19, 2013, 02:11:20 PM
(Although bitchy, she has helped the police with more hardened criminals... Be gentle. 8D)

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #3849 on: August 19, 2013, 06:51:37 PM
(Why am I reminded of Miss April May? XD)