Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #3850 on: August 19, 2013, 09:55:18 PM
(I was thinking of her myself 8D)

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
  • It's tough being an avatar when you're so restless
    • View Profile
Reply #3851 on: August 19, 2013, 10:11:01 PM
Jenny sighs a bit flustered as she puts her phone back on its receiver, "Better get this over with before she starts beating the door down like a mad Rhyhorn."

She gathers up the evaluation papers and heads out towards the cafeteria to find her cousin, Phoenix and Hierophant to straighten out their visit to the Institute.

MAKE WAY FOR HAJIME'S DRAGON DELIVERY EXPRESS!!! 8D

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #3852 on: August 19, 2013, 10:20:41 PM
Cousin Jenny had arrived from the Computer Crimes Division, after having Archie search Quickie's computer.  She had acquired copies of most of Quickie's pertinent records, mainly Mewtwo's employment, housing, and medical records.  The computer also had plenty of photo and video archives, all painstakingly categorized in folders within folders. Ms Shank is certainly organized.... Jenny's own computer was far less organized.  Specific file names and folder categories?  What are those?  Even Archie commented on how well-organized Quicke's computer was.

Finding Quickie and Heirophant at one table, Jenny stopped by Phoenix's table and invited him to join her and her cousin at Heirophant's table, so that they weren't all spread out.

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3853 on: August 20, 2013, 12:16:00 AM
Seeing her cousin enter the Cafeteria, Jenny graciously accepts the invitation to move towards where Hierophant and the others were sitting, carrying the information she had gathered from the evaluation of the Fool Card.

"So I've managed to contact the Institute after looking through the evaluation of the card that was used in the incident," she began once everyone had their focus on her, "And they said they'll let us borrow one of their Dittos...on the condition that we conduct that last evaluation in their facility.  They apparently lack a Pokemon with Copycat or Mimic abilities and want to research whether one can perfectly mimic the process of the Ditto's Transform ability."

"How long do you think that will take?" Hierophant asked.

"If what you say is true, it should take no less than a minute," Jenny said, "Just have someone hold the card in a position where he can see the transformation in action, and if the holder is able to transform into whatever pleases them, we'll have our evaluation and prove that Mewtwo acted out of defense of someone taking on his appearance."

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #3854 on: August 20, 2013, 03:07:42 AM
Quickie nodded. "Also that someone brainwashing his clones."

Jenny placed a folder of documents on the table. "Speaking of Mewtwo, I got his records here, his vaccinations are up to date, so there shouldn't be any disease concern.  Aside from repeated ear mite infections and the occasional passing upper-respiratory illness, his records show he was well taken care of."

Quickie winced at the mention of the ear mites. "Mewtwo wasn't real diligent with his ears and he doesn't like me cleaning them."

"Ear mites are so common that it's no big deal, so don't worry," Jenny nodded to her. "We were looking for signs of neglect or abuse, which aren't any."

"Except from Team Rocket," Misty cut in, having joined them earlier. "They tortured him."

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3855 on: August 20, 2013, 04:14:00 AM
"That too," Jenny said towards Quickie while writing that note down on a blank space below the last page of the evaluation papers, "That should be another thing we need to confirm is how well the holder can perform these Pokemon abilities once the transformation takes effect."

"So how soon will we be heading over to the Institute?" Hierophant asked.

"Normally we wait for them to call back when they've found a healthy Pokemon to compare, but if Mr. Wright is ready to head out, we can follow after him and my cousin and make sure the scientist only stick to the evaluation and nothing more."

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #3856 on: August 20, 2013, 04:49:02 AM
"I'll also get what exam records the Institute performed," Jenny nodded.  She looked to Misty. "Do you have any records of the torture?"

Misty shook her head. "Just my testimony.  But, Brock can corroborate, and he's gonna send a statement, and once Ash gets here, he can also corroborate.  Also, if you already got Meowth, he can testify, too."

"I think they sent him to the Institute with Mewtwo's clones," Quickie glanced up.

"Then get his testimony," Misty nodded.

"If we get the chance, we'll talk to him," Jenny nodded. "I can't make any promises this trip, though.  We're just going to test the cards' transformation abilities."

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3857 on: August 20, 2013, 10:02:34 AM
Jenny soon stood up and tapped the stack of papers to even out the edges, "Well...we better get going....  The sooner we get the last hurdle out of the way, the sooner we can avoid anymore complications to the case."

Hierophant nods as he finishes off the last of his sandwich and picks up Genbu, placing him on Excalibur's back as he had followed them into the cafeteria earlier.

"We should be back soon," he said, "You best stay near the guest dorms and keep an eye on the duffel bag so no one else tries to get inside it."

Both Pokemon nod as they head out towards the guest dorm they currently stayed in.  With few occupants inside, Excalibur had no trouble getting inside and laying down near the top bunk where Hierophant left his duffel bag.

Once the two were out of the room, Jenny looks towards Hierophant, "We'll head back to the exam room and pick up the Fool card.  I had to leave it there for safety reasons as the rest of the station is still finding it hard to believe a magical card can grant humans abilities only Pokemon can control, and I don't want any of them inadvertently toying around with it just to satisfy their own curiosity."

Hierophant nods in understanding as he follows Jenny out of the room to retrieve Yan-Yan.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #3858 on: August 20, 2013, 10:27:08 AM
Quickie watched as Phoenix followed them.  "Good luck.  Tell Mewtwo I said 'hi.'"

"They most likely won't see him," Jenny lamented. "Just concentrate on your part of the case and finding whatever records you have."

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #3859 on: August 20, 2013, 11:53:19 AM
(Why am I reminded of Miss April May? XD)
(... *checks up the Ace Attorney wikia* Oooooooh, her. XD)

Dr. Wily II had approached from behind the main group. "Any word on my CDs? They would really help in our case against Team Rocket."

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #3860 on: August 20, 2013, 12:28:53 PM
As Phoenix left, Taylor pulled something out of her bag and ran after him. "Wait!!" she exclaimed. He stopped and turned around to see who was calling him. "Take this with you!" she yelled, holding up a ladder.

"Gah! Why do you have a stepladder?!?" he exclaimed in surprise.

"It's just a normal ladder!"

"No it's a stepladder!"

"What's the difference? I don't care where you came from, but around here this is just a normal ladder! But fine, don't take it. I'll just shove it back in my bag," she said, managing to cram it effortlessly into her shoulder bag.

"Okay then," he replied. No matter where I go, I always run into crazy girls and have this same argument... And how did she fit that in her tiny bag? he thought before running after his companions to get to the Institute.

(stepladder gag! 8D)

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3861 on: August 20, 2013, 10:25:08 PM
Hierophant cringe slightly as Phoenix began questioning the concept of endless backpacks, deciding it best not to imply that Taylor wasn't the only one with a TARDIS-like bag.

They eventually arrive at the exam room where Jenny heads in and retrieves Yan-Yan, getting some last minute evaluation from the doctor in charge before heading back out.

"Let's head out back where my car is parked," she said, "I have a feeling the citizens are still reeling from the incident yesterday and might not fancy seeing something that remotely resembles the sketch distributed throughout the newscast."

Hierophant nods as they follow her towards the back of the station where her police car had been parked.  Once inside, they drive a few miles towards the Pokemon Institute, parking in an empty spot at the edge of their lot.

Jenny climbs out first, looking towards the still lit interior of the facility.  Even though it was early afternoon, the lights still shown brightly out the window, obviously because of the lack of windows in the hallway.

She still felt nervous about having to rely on the Institute, which is still under investigation for any undercover Team Rocket grunts that might attempt to sabotage the case, but she couldn't risk having to hunt down a wild Ditto, or endanger the cards showing them off to the public by borrowing a trainer's Ditto.

Hierophant was equally concerned, having sensed an immense flood of curiosity, most of which extend to levels of discomfort that made him want to find a different means of proving the vast capabilities of Yan-Yan's card.  But he was in no position to speak otherwise, since he has only been in the region once and hasn't become accustomed to everything that goes on in each city.

Jenny lets out a bit of a reluctant sigh before looking towards him and Phoenix, "Well...let's get this over with.  I suggest you don't make any contact with some of the colleagues wandering around the hallway, lest you want them staring at the card on your back after we get the last part of the evaluation done."

Hierophant compressed his lips in concern before nodding as Jenny turns her attention to Phoenix, "I've only heard about you through other officers, so I'm not exactly sure how well you'll be able to investigate both the schemes going on within the Institute and the situation between Mewtwo and Team Rocket.  If there's anything you feel you need assistance on, don't be afraid to call my cousin for a hand."

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #3862 on: August 21, 2013, 02:21:14 AM
In another part of the Institute, Mewtwo and Meowth were seated in an interview room, separated by small cubicles set on the table.  They could each see Yeung, but not each other.

Yeung paced the room for a minute, while shuffling his papers.  "The first part is simple questionnaires, just sentence completion and word association, and all of that can be done orally.  The personality inventory can be done orally, as well, but I'd prefer to do those one-on-one, same with the questionnaire.  However, we can do the sequencing and puzzle portion now."

Mewtwo stared at Yeung for a moment, and then scratched at an itch.  The bandages from the blood tests itched abominably.

Yeung stopped pacing and rifled through his briefcase.  He placed two cards on the table, one in front of Mewtwo and the other in front of Meowth.  He then gave them each an assortment of puzzle pieces.  "Construct the figure you see on the card.  This will be timed, so I'll count you down.  Five, four, three, two, one..." He clicked a stopwatch and waited.

Mewtwo stared at the card, and then took the time to organize the pieces.  The figure depicted was a relatively simple shape, though the pieces used were obscured, so he had to determine that for himself. 

Yeung glanced at him. "No using your powers, either.  You have to do this manually, no matter transformation."

Mewtwo returned his gaze to the assortment of shapes and let out a breath.  He started putting the pieces together, determining that he couldn't overlap them, either.  Moving pieces around and shuffling them, reorganizing them, putting some together as a test, and then just concentrating on matching the outline of the figure, Mewtwo eventually managed to piece together an approximation of the figure displayed on the card.

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3863 on: August 21, 2013, 02:28:08 AM
Meowth just stares at the card given to him, then the pieces before carefully shuffling them around to match what he was given.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #3864 on: August 21, 2013, 02:47:38 AM
Yeung clicked the stopwatch and nodded. "Excellent, excellent," he wrote down some notes, reset the stopwatch, and presented the Pokemon with new cards, while reshuffling the pieces. "Harder one, this time.  Five, four, three, two, one..." he clicked the stopwatch and sat back to observe.

Mewtwo took a moment to reorganize the pieces, while wondering how many of these he would have to do.  Though, if it put off any of the more intrusive or painful tests, he would prefer to just stick to putting puzzles together.  Again focusing on the outline of the figure, Mewtwo took the time to approximate its shape.

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3865 on: August 21, 2013, 03:02:12 AM
Meowth seemed to be enjoying putting together pieces in the shape of what was presented on the card.  The joyful sound of the pieces clacking as they connect to one another, the odd shapes; it almost made him forget that he was being evaluated by a crazed, lab-testing scientist.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #3866 on: August 21, 2013, 03:55:31 AM
Yeung clicked his stopwatch and again presented the two with new cards and rearranged the puzzle pieces.  "See?  This isn't so bad.  This is the last in this sequence, then we'll move onto another that will test your hand-eye coordination, though Mewtwo's portion will include the use of its abilities."  He looked at his stopwatch, "five, four, three, two, one," clicking it, he sat back and waited.

After taking some notes on the Pokemon's progress, Yeung looked to Ryuta, then to James as he entered quietly. "The next test will involve them being blindfolded for a portion of it.  It's another puzzle-solving exam, basically matching shaped blocks in their respective holes.  It will consist of several parts; both hands, right hand, then left hand, and then repeated while blindfolded."  He glanced at Meowth and Mewtwo, taking down some notes, and then returned his gaze to Ryuta and James. "There will be an extra portion added for Mewtwo, in which it will need to solve the puzzle using only its abilities.  That sequence will be both hands, right, left, none, then repeated while blindfolded.  After that, we'll do a few pattern-sequencing tests, and then I'd like to separate them and conduct the oral exams one-on-one, which will include sentence completion, word association, a brief questionnaire, and a Rorschach test."

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3867 on: August 21, 2013, 05:51:31 AM
Ryuta reluctantly nods while James just keeps to himself, more eager to get out of the evaluation and keep an eye on Mewtwo's clones until they were done with the psyche eval.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #3868 on: August 21, 2013, 06:12:09 AM
Yeung notes the time as Mewtwo and Meowth finish their respective tasks, and then takes the cards and puzzles away.  He rummaged in something under the table and produces two boards with shapes cut into them.  He placed the boards in front of each Pokemon, and then walked around the table to supply them with the pieces.  "Just match the shapes, using both hands."  He walked around the table, then pulled a chair to the back, where he sat with his notebook balanced on his lap. "You will be timed, you may begin now." Clicking his stopwatch, he prepared to take notes.  "Meowth, if you need to stand to reach the top of the board, you may."

Mewtwo went about the task in an assembly-line style; one hand grabbing each piece and the other hand applying the piece after locating its respective slot.  The puzzle was relatively simple, though a number of pieces were very similar in design, so finding their respective slots came down to trial and error.

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3869 on: August 21, 2013, 06:36:30 AM
Meowth had no problems bringing the board towards him and sticking the pieces in their respected places.  Once again he looked like he was enjoying the feeling and sound of the pieces clacking into place.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #3870 on: August 21, 2013, 07:25:19 AM
Yeung noted Meowth's enjoyment as the test progressed.  Meowth seemed genuinely delighted with putting the shapes onto the board, while Mewtwo had all but sequestered himself in his own thoughts.  Yeung noted the behavior throughout the sighted portion of the test.  After waiting for a moment for Mewtwo to complete the psychic portion, Yeung finally spoke. "Excellent motor skills and hand-eye coordination.  Now, we move onto the hard part..."  Putting his notebook aside, he stood, pulling a blindfold from his lab coat pocket.  Carefully, he placed the blindfold over Meowth's eyes and secured it, then removed all of the pieces from the board, placing them on the table directly in front of it.  Taking out another blindfold, he did the same to Mewtwo, who showed some resistance to being handled. "Just blindfolding you, relax."  He removed the pieces and placed them on the table, then stepped backward.  "The pieces are directly in front of you, on the table.  You are to use both hands for this, and you may begin now."  Clicking the stopwatch, he returned to his seat and sat down for the observation.

Feeling for the pieces, Mewtwo selected a piece, and then moved about the board, tracing the piece's shape with his finger, and then feeling for the corresponding slot.  Thankfully, he had a general idea on where most of the pieces went, so it wasn't so much that he was feeling every slot, but rather finding its general location and confirming it by tracing the piece and then clacking it into place.

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3871 on: August 21, 2013, 07:32:47 AM
Meowth wasn't as careful.  He just picked up a piece and pushed them onto each space until he felt them sink into place, relying on what he remembered prior to the blindfold to figure out what pieces to turn until they slipped nicely into the slot they belonged in.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #3872 on: August 21, 2013, 09:38:26 AM
The test was repeated again and again, with the Pokemon instructed to use either their right or left hand.  Yeung made notations throughout, commenting on how Meowth still seemed to be enjoying himself and how Mewtwo was very meticulous in his problem-solving.  Standing, Yeung tucked the notebook under his arm and he removed the blindfold from Meowth.  "You can take a break for a bit, play around if you want.  Still need to do one more session with Mewtwo."  Walking over, he readjusted the blindfold on Mewtwo, and removed all the pieces, placing them on the table before him.  "Alright, no hands, this time.  Just use your abilities.  Try to avoid gesturing, sit on your hands if you have to."

Mewtwo nodded and waited for the prompt to begin.  Before, he merely looked at the pieces and directed them by moving his head, but this time he couldn't see where the pieces were. 

"Go ahead," Yeung nodded and clicked his stopwatch.

Mewtwo inhaled and focused, picturing each piece individually.  Once he had pictured the piece, he pictured it floating in the air, and after a moment, a blue aura surrounded the piece and lifted it clumsily off the table.  Now, the hard part; remembering where the piece went.  Moving his head, Mewtwo directed the piece toward the board until he heard it hit, then he slid it across the board until he found its respective slot.  The piece took a few tries until it clacked into place, and Mewtwo turned his attention to another piece, taking the time to picture it.

Yeung noted the behavior, nodding. "Seems that its abilities are sight-based," he said quietly to himself, "as they lack the precise control when it is blindfolded..."  He watched as Mewtwo worked a few more pieces into the board, and then moved his head as if looking around for the rest.  He saw Mewtwo lift his arm toward the table. "No using your hands, just use your abilities."

Mewtwo nodded and put his hand down, trying to picture the remaining pieces.  He pictured one and eventually focused on it, repeating the process of sliding it along the board and rotating it until it found its respective slot.  The next few pieces were fitted in a similar manner, the time between each piece increasing as he struggled to recall what the piece looked like.  One piece was snatched by his powers and moved toward the board, trying to find its respective slot.  It was knocked against the board a few times, rotated several times, and moved toward the edge, where it was tossed across the room.  The clattering startled Mewtwo and he looked around. "That was not my intention..."

Yeung nodded, clicking his stopwatch. "That's fine, we can stop now."  He stood and removed the blindfold, and then walked around the table to fetch the thrown piece. "Your abilities are definitely sight-based, as you struggled quite a bit..."

Back in the station, Giovanni entered and spoke with the receptionist, requesting to meet with the less-than-hospitable Jenny.  He was followed by his attorney, Prosecutor Payne.  The receptionist relayed the information to Cousin Jenny, who had since returned from the cafeteria, a folder in her arms.

Jenny blinked at the request. "Sure, I'll go get her," she turned and walked away, stopping by her office momentarily to drop off the folder, and then proceeded to make her way to her cousin's room, rapping on the door. "Giovanni is here with his attorney, are you ready to interview him?"

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3873 on: August 21, 2013, 10:04:01 AM
Meowth continues to occupy himself with the puzzles, still enjoying the clacking noise and the sensation of the puzzles fitting into their respected slots.  James was less than attentive, feeling the need to head out and check on the clones, but not wanting to leave Meowth alone with the doctor after hearing the uncomfortable ways he observes and tests Pokemon.

Ryuta just remains at one corner of the room, rubbing Kumitsune's head while getting a fox-like purr out of him.

Jenny, Hierophant, and Phoenix soon made their way into the Institute.  As the blue-haired priest nervously observes the many doors displaying Pokemon being observed through near tiring examinations, though some seem to be enjoying the procedures, Jenny looks towards Phoenix.

"I'll take Mr. Mizusawa to the room they're gong to handle the evaluation in," she began, "Will you be okay on your own, or would you like to observe the card's ability to copy a Transform move?"

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #3874 on: August 21, 2013, 10:10:14 AM
"Yeah, I'll observe it," he said, idly grabbing the old magatama in his pocket.