Shin Megami Tensei : Imagine (Free-to-Play MMORPG)

Rad Lionheart · 12171

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #25 on: February 06, 2009, 11:01:40 PM
Probably cause I haven't played lately, haha.
But I tried last night and had terrible problems trying to connect, then after finally connecting it wouldn't do anything.
Might have a problem, may have been a fluke, I'll try later tonight and see what happens.

Offline RMX

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: February 08, 2009, 02:06:51 AM
I'll be getting less busy in the coming days, expect me to grind my ass off sooner than later

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #27 on: February 08, 2009, 04:59:58 AM
I still have no luck getting this game to log in and work.
"A system error has occured" "Network connection has timed out"
And when it does log in, I can't do anything...at all.

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • No one ever said all Reploids were smart.
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: February 08, 2009, 09:16:48 AM
Maybe they're either down at the moment, or testing's over?

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: February 08, 2009, 09:45:57 AM
Unlikely, seeing as I've been able to normally log in and play.

Also, RMX, in what channel do you play, and what's your character's name?

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #30 on: February 09, 2009, 10:01:19 AM
A lot of people have just had issues connecting and what not, many other people are fine though.
So I'm not sure what they're doing, or what's going on.
But I will try to connect tomorrow and hope it goes through fine.

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: February 09, 2009, 11:53:05 AM
I've been having issues for the past few days, but that's because my ISP has been screwing up lately.

Oh, and for those interested in playing the game, I'm currently in a clan, but I got a Clan Permit almost as a steal (10,000 in cash). When I'm leveled up enough, I'll be resigning from my current clan and opening one for RPM, in case you're still thinking about it and haven't gotten the game already. :P

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • No one ever said all Reploids were smart.
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: February 10, 2009, 02:36:09 AM
Neh, i'm still not sure whether to try this game out or not, and the character data being erased when the Beta testing is done also puts me off alittle...

Anything this game got that'll make me interested? I didn't like Final Fantasy 11 or WoW, btw..

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: February 10, 2009, 04:14:10 AM
Neh, i'm still not sure whether to try this game out or not, and the character data being erased when the Beta testing is done also puts me off alittle...

Anything this game got that'll make me interested? I didn't like Final Fantasy 11 or WoW, btw..
I don't think they'll delete the character data when the testing period is over -- that'd only screw THEM from a business standpoint. What I was afraid of was of the game going paid after beta was over -- but I read in their FAQ that ALL games operated by Aeria are free to play, so it's HIGHLY unlikely that this one will go paid anytime in the future, and will just work like all the others -- free to play, optional paying for nifty extra stuff.

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #34 on: February 10, 2009, 04:32:55 AM
RPM clan? If I get logged in and the game works, I'm so down/up for that.
Since it's not likely any other places I visit will bring up a clan.

So sign me up. (Assuming I don't continue to have issues.)

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: February 22, 2009, 06:20:48 PM
For those that still haven't signed up in the game, there are two promotions going on right now that would benefit both you (as a new player) and me (as an experienced player).

1. Help a Newbie: You help a new player after they're done with the Tutorial sequence, in catching their first demon (a Leader Pixie), getting their first quest-given demon (a Wounded Cerberus) and becoming friends with them. Rewards:
Experienced Player: Ariadne's Thread x5 (travel anywhere in the map); Incense of Experience x2 (double experience gained for 30 minutes)
New Player: Orb of Speed x5 (increase walking speed on any map; battle remains normal speed); Incense of Experience x1

2. Recruit a Friend: Experienced players convince people of signing up to the game and playing (up to 3 per experienced player). New players must be Level 10 by February 28. Rewards:
Experienced Player: Incense of Experience x3
New Players: Incense of Experience x2

So if you haven't already signed up, do so now, and we can join together in getting a few extra-nifty items by doing some powerleveling together! :D

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: February 22, 2009, 06:41:31 PM
I've kinda fell into a stopping point with the game. The fact that you can be attacked at any time while training from enemies, the insane rate of how to get demons into your party, the fact that there isn't any armor, the fact that you can't have all of the god damn spells and that enemies have twice the spell range over you, and finally the fact that 'demon party abilities' (like Jack Frost's ability to power up if a Pyro Jack is in the party) ONLY applies to a regular, normal party and NOT the demons you have with you.

The rate you die in that game because of the 'all-agro rule' is insane. Because the symbol to the left indicates if the demon can be caught or note and NOT if they're agro, there's no other sign that they can be agro, so you literally have to assume that they all are, and after a certain point it becomes true. Before I found out that demon party abilities don't work like I thought they did, I was hunting for a Pyro Jack. Every single time I went out into the field to get one, 3 others would pile on me and my demon. Hell, it starts even earlier with the Inugami and the Cu Siths. Every time I went around the area that a couple were at, they'd magically spot me from god-knows-where and they'd chase me down. A very common story I've heard is how people have died at the hands of 3-5 demons because of the [tornado fang]ing all-agro rule. Lastly, the spell system is messed up. A common strategy that I know most Shin Megami players will have is to have at least one ally know every single offense spell type of a certain level (like all of the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd level spells). This game throws that out the window since the character you play as can't do that. You can have up to, what, 2 of a spell of a particular rank? And several times different elements show up on the same rank, so now you have to rely on your demon to do that. At the very least they've made it so that the demon is actually useful from it's starter level to whatever so you can kind of make up for it since finding a demon that can learn Fire, Ice, Thunder, and Force is hell.

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #37 on: February 23, 2009, 04:09:33 AM
I kinda stopped for now cause I don't have the time for an MMO, and have been having connection issues with it anyways.
So I'll reinstall and pick it up again some other time, probably when it's out of beta.

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: February 23, 2009, 04:48:59 AM
Ballade: the issue with your demons learning stuff is easily solved: learn to breed them through Fusion. I have a friend that has a lv12 Angel with Rakukaja, Recarm, Maragi, Bufula, Dio and Media.

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: February 23, 2009, 05:32:04 AM
Ballade: the issue with your demons learning stuff is easily solved: learn to breed them through Fusion. I have a friend that has a lv12 Angel with Rakukaja, Recarm, Maragi, Bufula, Dio and Media.

I know that, I'm an experienced Shin Megami player, but the problem lies in the way they set the system up. Before you could buy the demons and just screw around with it, or if you didn't like what was going on, you could just reset the game. Here it's completely trial by error and no turning back since the compendium is quest-based rather than a player-assistance thing. There's also the problem with the character that YOU control only being able to get so many spells since you can't get all of the 2nd level spells at the same time.

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #40 on: June 04, 2009, 03:52:47 AM
I reinstalled.
Also, this thread was on page 4. >: |

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: June 04, 2009, 06:17:11 AM
Hit me up whenever you're online. IGN is Sh1k1, clan Apostles. ;)

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #42 on: June 04, 2009, 07:05:36 AM
My character is named Roxzie, just to let you know.
So if you get a message from Roxzie, it's me, Rad! :0

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
  • Never "Great", just varying degrees of "OK".
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: June 08, 2009, 09:51:29 AM
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

For some reason, all the indoor photos remind me of Rebecca from Resident Evil. Coincidence?

My Twitch channel. Random streams during the week.
Currently streaming: Transformers: Devastation

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #44 on: June 08, 2009, 10:18:45 AM
I know little to nothing about the Resident Evil series.
So I wouldn't know.

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: June 08, 2009, 03:20:17 PM
Becky Chambers, part of the supporting cast of the first Resident Evil game and main star of Resident Evil Zero:

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #46 on: June 08, 2009, 11:22:31 PM
Ah I see now.

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: June 15, 2009, 07:59:23 AM
major bump for a favor, could someone put up the MP3 for the boss battle theme? I don't feel like installing the game just to get one thing from it and uninstall it again.

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: June 15, 2009, 01:53:40 PM
I'll do it later, I have it ripped to my Shuffle.

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #49 on: June 15, 2009, 11:57:48 PM
They should offer up an OST download.
I've seen other MMOs do that on their home page.