Mario & Luigi RPG 3 (Bowser's Inside Story)

HokutoNoBen · 15575

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #75 on: February 09, 2009, 01:03:17 AM
What's on the projection behind her? Looks like a bunch of Boos.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #76 on: February 09, 2009, 01:06:11 AM
It's the disease thing projected on a camera, they are actually fat toads. This screams a sprite rip project.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #77 on: February 09, 2009, 02:33:16 AM
THAT fast? Wow, people are desprate.

Desperation has nothing to do with it.

All it means is, that the game has already hit the streets of places like Hong Kong (the piracy capital of the world), so the game being pirated soon after HK release should be of no surprise to any one.

On the other hand, this should translate that my Play-asia order will be shipping out probably within a few hours, along with my copy of Otokuju for PS2! Can't wait!  8)

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #78 on: February 11, 2009, 04:12:31 AM
I like to say this outright, once again, I'm in love with Yoko Shimomura~

She has once again managed to create a wonderful soundtrack for a Mario & Luigi-type game.

The soundtrack has tons of Kingdom Hearts vibes, more than the past M&L games, so go take a listen. ^^

Last Boss theme~ 0v0

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Jazz Shaking

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #79 on: February 11, 2009, 04:21:40 AM
I like to say this outright, once again, I'm in love with Yoko Shimomura~

She has once again managed to create a wonderful soundtrack for a Mario & Luigi-type game.

The soundtrack has tons of Kingdom Hearts vibes, more than the past M&L games, so go take a listen. ^^

Last Boss theme~ 0v0

WHAT!  :W You already made it to the last boss!? Who is it? (Hide it in spoilers for those who don't want to know).  Pretty please?  O^O

Offline STM

• Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #80 on: February 11, 2009, 04:25:55 AM
I have a feeling it's a either a combination of Bowser, Fawful, or the return of Cackletta.

Offline HokutoNoBen

• RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #81 on: February 12, 2009, 11:51:08 PM
So...I got my copy of the game yesterday. Played it for a good 2+ hrs before I had to break for the night. And already, I can say I enjoyed myself more in those two hours of M&L 3, than I ever did in the entirety of PiT. I will back up the notions that the sprite work and OST are awesome thus far, and the script is funny, even in its original Japanese.

Playing as Bowser is a very satisfying experience, as well. I'm hoping that this, too, will just be another step prior to him FINALLY getting his own game.

And speaking of Bowser...I think this game finally did it. If I didn't think that Bowser was "black" before (which I certainly do, he's right up there with Donkey Kong!), this game pretty much cemented the notion of such that he's a [Oil Man]. Pure and simple. 8D

Submitted for your approval, Blues....

I mean, it's "bad" enough, that Bowser:
* Lusts after "dem white women"
* Has PLENTY of illegitimate children (from probably multiple mothers, no less)
* Is prone to getting angry at the drop of a hat ("Angry Black-Man Syndrome", much?  8D)
* Pounds/grinds his feet into the ground to vent his frustrations; being a turtle, he can't lie on his back and do it properly, so he stays upright, and then follows Rick James/Dave Chapelle's' example as best he can! ("[tornado fang] YO [insert background here]!!!")
* Was already a no-good hoodlum from an early age; the first truly bastardly move we saw him pull was JACKING Baby Mario's ride when they were infants, leaving a Baby Mario only to cry and basically say "[Oil Man] stole my YOSHI!!"
* "Barks" like a "dawg" (see his Side Taunt in Brawl)

...among so many others....

NOW...in this game:
* His HP-restoring items are based off of.....Chicken. So, in essence, Bowser lives and dies by the power of CHICKEN, just like any other self-respecting brutha-man. Why not just go ahead and say his ability to spit fire comes from hot sauce, while you're at it, Nintendo?  :V
* His main rival is "Meta Boss", that Pig-Dragon thingie you may have seen in art that was posted some where on the last few pages. Really....? Something that's pork-related, is the enemy of the designated "black man" of this game? Really...? 8)
(Then again, considering Diddy Kong had to deal with Wizpig back in Diddy Kong Racing, maybe I shouldn't be but surprised...)

But yeah...Bowser and Donkey Kong....two of gaming's oldest and most tried-n-true icons in their own right, and they're probably blacker than CJ and his crew from GTA:SA ever was.  I love it. 0v0

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #82 on: February 13, 2009, 12:07:40 AM
Ben, I think you've totally and completely sold me on this game now. XD

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Reply #83 on: February 13, 2009, 04:52:20 AM
Last Boss theme~ 0v0

I have to agree. It's pretty [tornado fang]ing awesome.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #84 on: February 13, 2009, 06:08:14 AM
Submitted for your approval, Blues....

I mean, it's "bad" enough, that Bowser:
* Lusts after "dem white women"
* Has PLENTY of illegitimate children (from probably multiple mothers, no less)
* Is prone to getting angry at the drop of a hat ("Angry Black-Man Syndrome", much?  8D)
* Pounds/grinds his feet into the ground to vent his frustrations; being a turtle, he can't lie on his back and do it properly, so he stays upright, and then follows Rick James/Dave Chapelle's' example as best he can! ("[tornado fang] YO [insert background here]!!!")
* Was already a no-good hoodlum from an early age; the first truly bastardly move we saw him pull was JACKING Baby Mario's ride when they were infants, leaving a Baby Mario only to cry and basically say "[Oil Man] stole my YOSHI!!"
* "Barks" like a "dawg" (see his Side Taunt in Brawl)

...among so many others....

NOW...in this game:
* His HP-restoring items are based off of.....Chicken. So, in essence, Bowser lives and dies by the power of CHICKEN, just like any other self-respecting brutha-man. Why not just go ahead and say his ability to spit fire comes from hot sauce, while you're at it, Nintendo?  :V
* His main rival is "Meta Boss", that Pig-Dragon thingie you may have seen in art that was posted some where on the last few pages. Really....? Something that's pork-related, is the enemy of the designated "black man" of this game? Really...? 8)
(Then again, considering Diddy Kong had to deal with Wizpig back in Diddy Kong Racing, maybe I shouldn't be but surprised...)

But yeah...Bowser and Donkey Kong....two of gaming's oldest and most tried-n-true icons in their own right, and they're probably blacker than CJ and his crew from GTA:SA ever was.  I love it. 0v0

SAY IT LOUD!   8D

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #85 on: February 14, 2009, 11:54:54 AM
......*is unsure at what to say about Ben's post.  SO, unsure.*

Offline STM

• Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #86 on: February 14, 2009, 08:13:50 PM
Wow. That was probably the best post I've ever read, Ben.

Offline HokutoNoBen

• RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #87 on: February 14, 2009, 11:23:01 PM
Thanks, everyone.  8)

Any way...yep. This game is SO amazing.

If you bought PiT, and were slightly disappointed, THIS is the game you waiting for.

If, on the other hand, you bought PiT, and loved it, this game will BLOW YOUR FRIGGIN' MIND!

Every boss battle in this game is dripping with copious amounts of awesome. I can't recommend it enough....when the English release comes out...BUY THIS GAME. I probably will too, because even though I'm loving the game now, and I even like the Japanese script, I can not wait to see what the Treehouse will do with this.

Offline STM

• Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #88 on: February 14, 2009, 11:45:18 PM
Good to see they learned from their mistakes in PiT. The game felt so lackluster all around, I got to Shroob Castle and just didn't have the interest to finish the level and beat the final boss. It was so boring.

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Reply #89 on: February 15, 2009, 07:33:26 PM
I only played the first Mario & Luigi RPG game and I haven't tried out M&L2 yet but I'm going to get it. And 3 looks pure win! I'm also listening to the Final Boss theme too and it's hardcore! Love it!

Can't wait to get my hands on M&L3!

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #90 on: February 17, 2009, 12:44:39 AM
C'mon; release this before June so I can register this for Club Nintendo!

Offline Jazz Shaking

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #91 on: September 07, 2009, 06:36:32 PM

Hell yes! This is finally hitting the US soon. September 14th to be exact. Playing as Bowser is going to rock!  :D

Offline Kit

• #1 wizard of disappearing
  • Master's Unit
  • hue
    • View Profile
    • Art stuff
Reply #92 on: September 08, 2009, 10:41:12 AM

Hell yes! This is finally hitting the US soon. September 14th to be exact. Playing as Bowser is going to rock!  :D

God I just love this artwork.
The art for the M&L series has always been a favorite of mine.
AND PLAYING AS MY FAVORITE NINTENDO VILLAIN MAKES ME HAPPY~

they dont think it be like it is but it do

Offline STM

• Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #93 on: September 08, 2009, 05:22:34 PM

"Your lives that I spit on are but a caricature of a cartoon drawn by a kid who is stupid!"

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #94 on: September 08, 2009, 05:28:13 PM
8D

But seriously, I can't wait until the english dub, this will be fun~

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #95 on: September 08, 2009, 05:28:25 PM

"Your lives that I spit on are but a caricature of a cartoon drawn by a kid who is stupid!"

Fawful is really awesome.

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #96 on: September 08, 2009, 06:20:19 PM
I HAVE FURY

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #97 on: September 08, 2009, 06:26:13 PM
Crazy idea: We need to have an RPM Theme Day where everyone posts like Fawful. XD

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #98 on: September 11, 2009, 03:29:46 AM
Oh [parasitic bomb], it's leaked already. (I still wish it had released a week earlier so I could've actually owned it)

Muramasa, Soul Siver, and Mario and Luigi 3, how the hell will I be able to play all of this? D:

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline X-3

• ???
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #99 on: September 20, 2009, 05:41:38 AM
Got this game on Wednesday, and just beat it today. The whole game blew me away, to be honest. It's standing as my favorite Mario RPG right now. I'll judge further when I've had time to reflect.

Bowser is amazing and I love him. As sad as this sounds, I actually got a bit depressed at times when you couldn't play as him. On a side-note, I won't be able to look at him the same thanks to Ben.

[spoiler]I love how he doesn't find out that Mario and Luigi are in his body and that Chippy is Starlow until the very end. Also, during near-death situations, he can also grow huge and fight castles![/spoiler]

As stated before, music was awesome. I don't think there was a track that I really disliked, which is notable because most games have at least one track that eventually makes me claw my throat.

Is this game great? It is.

edit: though, I have to ask why a picture of Peach is in every Toad's house. It's not a big deal, but it seems a bit...odd to me.