The "BlazBlue" Thread

Acid · 151477

Offline X-3

• ???
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #150 on: June 23, 2010, 07:59:02 PM
So Makoto...is a ninja. Can't say I saw that coming. Guess that explains where she's been.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #151 on: June 24, 2010, 04:10:46 AM
Lambda, Mu and Nu...

They all better have some key differences before this turns into the Star Fox stable from Brawl.

Well, Mu uses lasers and even though her animations are identical, she looks like she plays different from the other robots. Nu turned out to be only available as Lambda's unlimited form, so no clones issues here thankfully.

Another thing worth noting in the link above is that it states that Makoto and future DLC chars are NOT simple unlock keys, they are true DLC.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #152 on: June 24, 2010, 04:45:37 AM
Nu is just her unlimited form which will play exactly like she did in the original.

And Mori posted on his Twitter.

http://twitter.com/zatuyoP/status/16857112302

Makoto will be available on Oct. 5th, the same day the European version is released. And she'll come in a DLC pack that also includes Tutorial sets, Challenge modes, and an  unlimited version as well as added Achievements to pass the 1000 GS.

She's a rush attacker, and Her Drive is called Impact, and is used as a finisher to combos. The damage for it is also increased depending   said amount of combos are chained.

Also seems at least 2 other DLC characters are in the works.

One is probably Old man Hellsing and, it's believed that Kokonoe is the one holding the <3 staff.

Apparently, the European promo that came out a few weeks ago wasn't BSing when it said 7 "new" characters by counting new  non player characters like Platinum, etc.

Hazama
Mu
Tsubaki
Makoto
Lambda
Hellsing
Kokonoe

It wouldn't have made sense to count the NPCs anyways since there's more then 2 new ones anyways.

Platinum the Trinity
Phantom
Torakaka
Relius Clover

and Also Nine (Kokonoe's mother)  and Ada Clover, but they debatable since ones a puppet and the other caught the midnight train ride to slab city.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #153 on: June 24, 2010, 05:09:32 AM
it's believed that Kokonoe is the one holding the <3 staff.

But she's already in the game technically, Lambda's story is actually Kokonoe's while she controls her from the comodity of her lab.

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #154 on: June 24, 2010, 05:32:35 AM
Lambda fights on her own, Kokonoe just issues orders like she does with Tager. She's not controlling her like a game.

Plus aside from arguably Lamda, no one on the list is really new, they've just become playable. Lamda's just  Nu in a new body.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #155 on: June 24, 2010, 05:44:37 AM
Wouldn't she still be too busy monitoring Lambda though?

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #156 on: June 24, 2010, 05:56:58 AM
Not as long as she has her own story, just not directly involving what the others were doing.

Plus Blazblue stories relating to each other never really makes any sense since locations, events, etc all change depending on what's going on.

Ragna can either go kill a bunch of people as the Bloodedge, Or have awesome adventures as Mr.Dine and Dash!

Q: Will Nu have a new story mode in CS?
A: No.

Why would they even ask this? Unlimited Characters CAN'T be used in story mode to begin with.

And re-reading that from this morning, even they themselves don't even consider Lambda a new character.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #157 on: June 24, 2010, 07:44:53 AM
So Makoto...is a ninja. Can't say I saw that coming.

Really? I always figured she'd be a real quick character with weak attacks and bones made of glass. Never thought her outfit would be so skimpy, though.

And right stick shortcuts are out? Aw man.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Chainsaw Guitar

• #1 Pulseman fan!
  • Robot Master
  • ^ GameFreak's true Magnum Opus right here. >:O
    • View Profile
Reply #158 on: June 24, 2010, 04:14:50 PM
Really? I always figured she'd be a real quick character with weak attacks and bones made of glass.

You mean... Like a ninja...?

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #159 on: June 24, 2010, 07:46:53 PM
That's what I was getting at, yes.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #160 on: June 24, 2010, 10:14:12 PM
All in all, it's kind of disappointing that only 2 of the Six heroes will end up being playable.

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #161 on: June 24, 2010, 10:24:31 PM
Unless they plan further DLC characters down the line. Up to Aksys on how long they want to support the title.

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #162 on: June 24, 2010, 10:28:58 PM
Probably for a while. The franchise over all is doing great, and they get a ton of support at the events like Comiket and their BuruRaji recordings.

Which always kick ass thanks to Sugita.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #163 on: June 28, 2010, 10:00:21 PM
OH HA HA HA... spoilers for CS are out.

[spoiler]SAYA IS THE TRUE MASTERMIND[/spoiler]

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #164 on: June 28, 2010, 10:04:00 PM
Not really surprised.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #165 on: June 29, 2010, 12:27:31 AM
I'm more interested in the whole [spoiler]evil booby lady, Arakune becoming the damsel in distress that will need to get rescued in the next game, and Bang becoming actually relevant to the plot.[/spoiler]

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #166 on: June 29, 2010, 01:43:40 AM
Bang is always relevant

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #167 on: June 29, 2010, 01:46:55 AM
He was only relevant before by being the best character in the whole damn game, now it's that (literally too) and more.

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #168 on: June 29, 2010, 01:52:49 AM
As far as the main plot went in the last game,

Bang
Toakaka
Arukane
Chesty Larue
 and carl  had no real involvement in the main plot. Just a connection to the side characters.

MAJOR Spoilers. From Suzaku at  Dustloop.
[spoiler]
Bloodedge was the name of Jubei's friend, a man who fought alongside the Six Heroes. Jubei considers him to be a true hero. It's his jacket and sword that Ragna was given. Rachel may have had a thing for him (or some sort of connection to him, not sure).

The Six Heroes were Hakumen, Jubei, Nine, Valkenhayn, Terumi, and Trinity.

In Hakumen's original timeline, when he was still Jin, he had a relationship with Tsubaki, but she died. He meets her in CS Story Mode and talks to her about it in an indrect way. He has her take off her mask and gently caresses her face. screenshot. He says that her courage taught and guided his heart, and that he named his special technique after her. That would be Tsubaki, "Camellia Prayer". Theory is that in his timeline, because Noel died, she never became his secretary, and instead Tsubaki did.

Relius's red puppet is/was his wife, Ignis Clover. Carl's mother.

Hakumen and Jin have a manly talk of some sort, or Jin has a manly talk with someone. Comes to his senses. Hakumen has a fierce battle with Mu, but can't win. Jin shows up and steps up, takes over the fight pretty much.

The life-link currently being discussed in this thread is apparantly between Terumi and Noel, making it impossible to kill Terumi without killing Noel. Nu's soul (in Lambda) is apparantly used somehow to give Ragna the power to turn Mu back into Noel (shattering her Unit or something).

Saya is the Imperator. She's the "mastermind". She's the one who gave Jin Yukianesa.

At the end of the Story Mode, the following people group up together: Protagonists = Ragna, Taokaka, and Noel. Jin and Jubei. Hakumen and Rachel. Antagonists = Imperator, Hazama, Phantom, Relius, Tsubaki, Litchi.

At the end of the story, Saya has already destroyed the Amaterasu Unit. It happened while Ragna was "distracting the observers" and Terumi briefly vanished (when Ragna returned Mu back to Noel, I think).

Ragna is the "destroyer of the world". Jin is the "world's antibody". This leads to a major decision that Jin hs to make.[/spoiler]

Offline X-3

• ???
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #169 on: June 29, 2010, 04:31:44 AM
Well, these spoilers are interesting. Also hilarious to think about and play out in my head.

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #170 on: June 29, 2010, 07:24:38 AM
the Rachael/Blood edge thing seems pretty accurate. I always wondered if there was another meaning behind this poster that they sell at the comikets aside from her connection to Ragna.

http://blazblue.jp/cs/special.html

Now I see why Sugita said  the Rachael items sold the best during the BuruRaji radio shows.

Posted on: June 29, 2010, 11:35:14
They altered the sprite for Unlimted Douche ba- Er, Ragna. His sword now pulsates Red, and instead of just adding an outer/drop shadow around him, his model now spews black feathers/flames/GN particles, whatever.

[youtube]MUiM0EcYxxQ[/youtube]

EDIT: Ahahah, Hazama DOES spew out GN-Particles. And Unlimited Mu is wuv.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #171 on: June 29, 2010, 03:57:14 PM
Man this game's story is a clusterfuck

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #172 on: June 29, 2010, 05:30:02 PM
Suzaku got back online last night to answer more peoples questions.

[spoiler]Q:So what would be the next deus ex machina for arc to pull to bring back Mu for the next game? Why is litchi an antagonist?

A:She joins up with the NOL because Hazama convinces her that they've developed technology that can cure Arakune.

Her power is also somewhat explained. Basically, the Boundary is a place where all the timelines meet or intersect, sort of. She was somehow able to combine the power of her other alternate reality selves, sort of like that Jet Li movie, The One.
================
Q:Did they say anything about Valkenhayn and Kokonoe?
Or Nine even?

A:It's not quite directly stated, but very heavily implied that Phantom is Nine. Phantom is working for the Imperator, she uses really powerful magic. Hazama kind of orders her around a bit. She never talks at all.

When Rachel helps Hakumen escape from Sector Seven, he finds a nuke hidden away in there that she's trying to keep secret. There are other hints that she was involved in more sinister things in the past, too. At the end of the game, she and Tager are helping Ragna out.

I can't recall much major stuff with Valkenhayn off the top of my head. He helps Rachel out, and at one point and I guess heals Jin in such a way that Jin will be able to fight for a while longer but will become incredibly fatigued after a while.
================

Q:They said Carl would be more active, where the [tornado fang] is he?

A:He's around. His story is still mostly self-contained, though others are slightly involved (namely Litchi). It's not really part of the main plotline. He does meet up with Relius and get a few answers.

Relius is kind of an [dark hold]. Or maybe moreso just... utterly lacking compassion. He seems kind of soft spoken and quite subserviant to the Imperator. He talks slowly (deliberately), with little pauses in his speech.

He plays dumb with Carl a bit regarding Ada/Nirvana, then claims that she was a willing test subject. He calls Ignis "Hadouheiki: Ignis", roughly "Surge Weapon: Ignis" or "Wave Formation Weapon: Ignis", and says it's the perfect puppet. He also claims that Kokonoe helped him build it.

He says that he, Kokonoe, and one other person are the "Sin Architects", but doesn't really elaborate on the subject. He tries to kill Carl and Litchi but Nirvana saves them.
================
Q:But wait, why is Tsubaki on the evil team.....? So I guess these means Terumi isn't the superevil-bigbag-guy seeing as seemingly it's Saya

A:Tsubaki is manipulated by Hazama to an extraordinary degree, however he basically only tells her "the truth", which turns her against Noel. Pretty much, the truth is that Noel shouldn't have been born, and that Noel has taken Tsubaki's rightful place in the world. So, like I mentioned was hinted with the Hakumen/Jin stuff, Tsubaki was supposed to be by his side, was supposed to be respected, and all of this stuff. Instead, Noel received all of these perks and Tsubaki was relegated to being one of the "janitors" cleaning up the NOL's messes.

And no, Terumi's not the big-bad. Terumi, Relius, etc., are all subserviant to Saya. Saya only shows up for a while during the True End.

================
Q:hmm, wonder what the connection between trinity and platinum is, unless its kinda like ragna and bloodedge

A:It seems that Platinum has three personalities (Luna, Sena, and Trinity). Luna's a polite girl, Sena's a mean boy, and Trinity is the personality of the Sixth Hero. It all seems to be caused by the Muchourin, and Trinity can only surface rarely. Platinum seems to indicate that he's/she's not one of the Six Heroes, but has just inherited Trinity's things (something like that). Kind of a weird and mysterious character still.

Q: but if ragna knows that she's the one pulling all of the strings, wouldn't it render his revenge useless?

A:He didn't know for sure that she was the imperator before the ending, but had speculated it was the case. He seems sort of befuddled by everything. Jin says that he'll tell Ragna what's up (regarding Yukianesa) but it doesn't show the conversation.

Oh, and just to describe her. Saya was the one with the shadowed face in the trailer. She has purple hair and red eyes. Looks kind of sad.

================
Q:so is Lambda/Nu/whatever gone now?

A:I'm really not sure about Lambda. Basically, she lets Ragna absorbs her Idea Engine to gain the power to activate BlazBlue fully, which gives him the power to defeat Mu (breaks the helmet thing).

At the very end of the True Ending, Hazama and Relius are messing around at the cauldron, and it seems that Nu's body has reconstructed itself, and was "more complete" than Relius thought. Hazama says it will be the "Sword of the Empress".

I'm not sure if this means that Nu will be back as herself, or if Nu will fill the Mu slot and Lambda will continue to be fill the Nu slot. I guess Noel could probably continue to have Mu as an alternate version of herself, even.

================
Q:I wonder what will be Ragna's reaction to Saya being the mastermind, if that's going to be revealed to the cast. Also, didn't Mori say Carl was going to become more active?

A:It was basically, "Hah, called it! What the [tornado fang], Saya!?"

================
Q:Also, Suzaku, remember when you said "I don't get the impression that Relius is going to be a major villain"? Yeah, about that...

A:I said THE major villain. As in, he wasn't the mastermind like so many people speculated. And I was right.

Basically, he seems completely loyal to Saya, to the point of telling Hazama to behave in the presence of the Imperator. However, his relationship with Hazama/Terumi seems kinda weird. It does confirm that Relius created the Hazama body. Hazama is basically letting Ragna stomp the crap out of him (and enjoying it) when Relius shows up, and says something like, "I didn't design it to take that sort of punishment". Hazama doesn't take orders from Relius (kind of a "you're not my boss" vibe), but does behave when the Imperator is around.

This is all from the ending, anyway. They don't interact a whole lot. It's really more of a "Here's a ton of twists and [parasitic bomb], now have a cliffhanger!" sort of thing.

================
Q:Oh, I almost forgot: about this hero/villain side thing, which side are Kokonoe (Tager by extension) and Carl on? I'm guessing Kokonoe could be on the hero side, but it was revealed in one trailer that she has nukes, and in the anime world, nukes generally = evil. As for Carl, since Relius is on the villains side, and from the way Mori talks about him, I'm guessing he'll be on the heroes side. Really, it's kind of hard to say for either of them.

A:Like I mentioned a bit earlier in this post, Carl is sort of in the same position as in CT. He's trying to do things on his own. At the end of the game, he's still going after Ragna, but now also wants to track down Kokonoe due to her apparant involvement in Relius's plans. He sets out for Ikaruga alone (well, with Nirvana). He still wants revenge, but he wants to grow up to be a person like Litchi some day.

Regarding Tager and Kokonoe, Tager is further setup as a friendly rival for Hakumen. He kinda does more of what you saw in CS arcade, trying to help Noel and whatnot. He's kinda questioning Kokonoe, but seems to have faith in her. At the end, Kokonoe and Tager are helping out Ragna and Noel, seemingly at the request of Juubei.

Oh, I just remembered, but Ragna's left arm literally explodes when he destroys Mu's helmet to turn her back into Noel (he'd gathered all the energy in his left hand). At the end, Kokonoe has rebuild his left arm with parts taken from Lambda.

================
Q:So Ragna is still the "Destroyer of the World", but what kind, will he be a kill everyone, let the world go to hell, or a destroyer in the sense of destroying the current order of the world.

A:Jubei explains it, but it's kinda hard to make heads or tails of. Seems sort of... metaphysical or something. Basically, it's something like... Basically, the balance of power in the world is out of balance, so something is produced which will try and destroy that power in order to return balance, and an antibody will be produced to try and stop it. Something like that.

================
Q:I know a lot of people like his yandere crazy side, but I'm glad we're seeing more of his "war hero" side.

A:side.
Regarding his role in the war, it seems he wasn't really a hero, exactly. He was used and propped up as a figurehead by the NOL. The whole incident with Tenjou seems to have been the NOL manipulating things behind the scenes to kidnap Tenjou or steal his body. Terumi was there and tampered with Jin's memories after he realized what was up. There were others who were implanted with false memories, and others were exterminated and taken care of by the Wings of Justice.

================
Q:What the hell Rachel doesn't fight Terumi?? D; Litchi is enemy?? omg epic storyline... -.-

A:I forget if it was part of her true story or not, but Terumi puts Rachel in her place big time, with Phantom's help. Phantom uses a spell to start dragging Rachel down into the ground, and Terumi just mercilessly taunts her, even kicks her in the face.

Regarding Makoto: Thought I'd just drop a note about her. She isn't fought in any of the story modes, but is around quite a bit. She's part of the Intelligence Department, but doesn't seem to trust or like Hazama at all. She's sort of gathering intelligence on her own, trying to help Noel, Jin, and Tsubaki out.

Regarding Takamagahara: Basically, Takamagahara is this mysterious group of three individuals. They're just invisible beings in chairs in a white room, casting weird-looking humanoid shadows on the floor. They seem to have a hivemind, and basically observe all the possibilities of the timeline, guiding it toward some certain goal. It's implied that they are god-like, but were created by humans. They apparantly want to destroy the Amaterasu Unit as well, but seem to want to keep time looping to prevent the world from ever ending.

They had given Rachel the position of "observer", and she violated the rules by activating the Tsukuyomi Unit at the end of CT, so they let her leave the position. They seem to have released Terumi as some sort of... catalyst/pawn, and supposedly have a safeguard to keep him in check, however, during the split second where Ragna doing the impossible distracts them, he manages to infiltrate Takamagahara. He unleashes a magical virus created by Phantom on them, which basically puts them out of comission.

And then it seems that Saya finds and kills the Amaterasu Unit and takes control of Takamagahara. She basically says that she's turned off the looping, and shifted causality from "random" to "sequential". She says that she turned the world back to how it's meant to be, into a "World of Death" like the one she's part of. I think this basically means that there's no more looping / parallel timelines, and that when things end, they end permanently.[/spoiler]

Offline Chainsaw Guitar

• #1 Pulseman fan!
  • Robot Master
  • ^ GameFreak's true Magnum Opus right here. >:O
    • View Profile
Reply #173 on: June 29, 2010, 09:03:58 PM

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #174 on: June 29, 2010, 09:16:05 PM