Ultra Turbo Super Extreme "What are you thinking?" Electric Boogaloo Alpha EX ed

Dr. Wily II · 490740

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Okay in order of most likely to least likely to get, at least in my opinion, here's the list of potential surprise gifts for my brother.

Jak and Daxter Collection
Sly Cooper Collection
Ratchet and Clack Collection
Little Big Planet (I think there's a bundle at Gamestop for all 3 games.)
Catherine
Rayman Legends/Origins
Final Fantasy X and X-2 HD
Final Fantasy 13-2

Jak and Daxter is the priority, but if I can't find it for some arbitrary reason I'll move down the list, except for X and X-2 he's never played those games as far as I know, and he at least liked 13 so he'd probably like 13-2.
Heck no I ain't getting him that.

Steven probably just needed to put all the apps in the PokeNav Plus, like in the game.

Great choices, though I'd personally place Ratchet & Clank Collection underneath Jak, rather than Sly.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
They're all good. Though I'd get Sly or Ratchet over Jak since Jak 2 and 3 are kind of not fun.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
korra is over forever.

good thing I just got hooked on doctor who or else I'd have nothing else to look forward to in the realm of television

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
I'm lucky, I still have backlog to take care of, which includes another season and a half of Sailor Moon (+ a movie and a special), about 170 more episodes of DBZ + 11 movies.

Yeah, I've got a lot of stuff to keep up on.

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
You know things about One Piece, right? I have watched only 12 episodes of One Piece; is this something I want to dedicate to watching?

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Depends, I'm a little over 200 episodes in right now.

I hear its got lots of pacing issues in the coming episodes but the early stuff is just great, doesn't take itself too seriously, high-adventure with a fun cast of characters. Very little in the way of filler arcs too (of course this comes back to bite it in the ass when they decided to start doing a 1:1 chapter/episode ratio (which doesn't happen till about 400 episodes in).

I like it though, its gonna run forever and I've not even gotten to the timeskip but I still enjoy it. Every member of the crew has a real good personality and are fleshed out pretty well so far (I haven't gotten to Franky or Brook joining but they're coming up.)

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
They're all good. Though I'd get Sly or Ratchet over Jak since Jak 2 and 3 are kind of not fun.

I love both Jak & Daxter and Jak 3. I never even finished Jak 2, because the checkpoint system is EXTREMELY unforgiving and eventually gave up.

I can understand why people dislike Jak 3, though. The series became less platformer, and more GTA-like. But I still loved Jak 3, regardless; it was so fun, even if it did change the formula.

... It was also my first taste of the open world GTA-style gameplay, and I enjoyed running around the city to kill everyone indiscriminately. 8D

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Curious: How is Fairy Tail? I've always been meaning to watch it.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
No idea, my brother keeps saying I should get into it and that I will like it but honestly with my aversion of long runners I probably would get bored.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Never watched it either, but you can look at some MAL reviews here.

Not looking too good... most of the reviewers claim it's incredibly generic and predictable.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Sounds like Hunter X Hunter is vastly better.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
It seems to be the type of anime where it's recommended to "shut your brain off" and just enjoy it for the action. It's not deep or original by any means.

Offline Arikado

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
It seems to be the type of anime where it's recommended to "shut your brain off" and just enjoy it for the action. It's not deep or original by any means.
Sounds like a certain Gainax anime...

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Yeah, but I'd imagine that's still much better than Fairy Tail.

Offline Arikado

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Yeah, you're probably right.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
I love both Jak & Daxter and Jak 3. I never even finished Jak 2, because the checkpoint system is EXTREMELY unforgiving and eventually gave up.

I can understand why people dislike Jak 3, though. The series became less platformer, and more GTA-like. But I still loved Jak 3, regardless; it was so fun, even if it did change the formula.

... It was also my first taste of the open world GTA-style gameplay, and I enjoyed running around the city to kill everyone indiscriminately. 8D

Nah see the reason I don't like Jak 3 is because of the shitty driving mechanics and the vast amount of challenges pertaining to them. The main game was really short. But it was marred by the [tornado fang]ing skidding anytime you turned just a little bit in a vehicle.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
I actually liked the driving mechanics, even with all its faults. It was addicting, though it likely doesn't hold up quite as well today.

Yes, I crashed many times, but I still found it incredibly fun. It never discouraged me from going back to another vehicle to drive it a bit more carefully.

I do understand where you're coming from, though. The mechanics were far from perfect.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
THERE.  Knocked a few people off my gift list.  If Ringman isn't happy, I'll throw my shoe at his head.  I just spent nearly $200 on him.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Amiibos are [tornado fang]ing scarce as [parasitic bomb].

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Got his wife a DeLorean keepsake ornament.  Got some earrings for either my niece or my sis-in-law, haven't decided yet.  Still need to get stuff for my nephews.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile

Wow, VLR is on that list? I'm surprised they acknowledged its existence.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
It says retail games on Wii U and 3DS with a Metacritic score of over 85 with User of 8.5.

The crime here is there's no Captain Toad or Mario 3D Land.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
GRAAAARRRRRGH STUPID FOOT WHY YOU HURT OWWWWWWW

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
It says retail games on Wii U and 3DS with a Metacritic score of over 85 with User of 8.5.

The crime here is there's no Captain Toad or Mario 3D Land.

I know, but it's so niche that I would've thought they wouldn't bother adding it (stranger things have happened, where Nintendo is concerned). The more the merrier, I guess.

As for those other games, it's likely because they ran out of space. They could've at least stated, "All these games and more!" or something.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Or maybe Captain Toad is too recent, I don't see OR/AS there either.  3D Land not really sure.