Ultra Turbo Super Extreme "What are you thinking?" Electric Boogaloo Alpha EX ed

Dr. Wily II · 493327

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Argh... I hated it when this kind of stupid [parasitic bomb] happens. *hugs Quickie*

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
NEED MOAR CUTE PERIDOT O3O

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
You got it, boss.

[spoiler=A few cute Peridot pics]

[/spoiler]

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Oh god, the last one is just PRECIOUS 0v0

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Personal bias speaking here, but it was awesome. I've always thought that if MMPR hadn't come around at the same time, the Biker Mice would've been a lot bigger.

I liked Biker Mice from Mars, but I think it had less to do with the popularity of MMPR and more to do with it trying to cash in on the whole Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles type thing. Not to mention that when it aired, at least in NYC, it was more of a Sunday Morning Cartoon over a Saturday Morning Cartoon and while I loved Sunday Morning Cartoons (BMFM, Mighty Max, MegaMan, ExoSquad, King Arthur & The Knights of Justice, etc.) they weren't overall well received. Cept for Swat KATS, but that had the Turner backing as well as the re-runs they showed on the early Cartoon Network, since it was Hanna Barbera.

I'm sure PB has similar feelings regarding Mighty Orbots.

Mighty Orbots suffered because of legal reasons more than anything. They were compared to the GoBots (which is laughable.)

The series lasted only a single season of thirteen episodes, mostly due to a lawsuit between the show's creators and toymaker Tonka, who accused them of basing the cartoon on their GoBots franchise (which was adapted from Bandai's Machine Robo line). The robot depicted in the show was virtually identical to the robot in the anime for Bandai's Godmars toy, although the colors were changed. However, the Godmars toy was not among the Bandai figures utilized by the GoBots line. The episodes aired on ABC and although some episodes were available on VHS, the series has yet to be released on DVD. Despite its short run, the series has a dedicated fan base today.

My love for this show stems for the fact that nothing like it had been seen before. This wasn't just an anime ported over from Japan with stuff changed, like Battle of the Planets or Voltron. This was a legit attempt at the US trying to make its own anime style TV show, with just certain aspects being different. The idea of a voice over guy (RIP Gary Owens), it not trying to take itself too seriously, the idea of humor, a soundtrack composed by Yuji Ohno, who created the Lupin the 3rd theme song (one of the most iconic anime songs ever). This show blew my mind when I was younger and I loved it. I hate that it's not on DVD or that I don't have a soundtrack to the show. The animation, done in '84, still holds up today!

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDncRi9omeo[/yt]

0v0

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Watched a few SU episodes last night before bed, so I went to bed in a better mood.

Christ, last night can eat my entire ass.

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
  • Never "Great", just varying degrees of "OK".
    • View Profile
I liked Biker Mice from Mars, but I think it had less to do with the popularity of MMPR and more to do with it trying to cash in on the whole Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles type thing. Not to mention that when it aired, at least in NYC, it was more of a Sunday Morning Cartoon over a Saturday Morning Cartoon and while I loved Sunday Morning Cartoons (BMFM, Mighty Max, MegaMan, ExoSquad, King Arthur & The Knights of Justice, etc.) they weren't overall well received. Cept for Swat KATS, but that had the Turner backing as well as the re-runs they showed on the early Cartoon Network, since it was Hanna Barbera.

I was only 4 or 5 at the time, but I don't remember TMNT being as big a deal over here as it might've been in the states, and I don't recall EVER seeing Swat KATS on TV as a kid either. Most of the cartoons I watched were either Saturday Morning or After-School, and aside from Biker Mice and Transformers (which I still love to this day), most of the UK fare was Hanna-Barbera stuff like Scooby-Doo and The Flintstones, which I was never particularly a fan of. I think the reason I love Biker Mice so much was that, as TMNT was rarely shown, it was so different from everything else, and I'd just started to inherit my dad's love of heavy metal music, so me as a kid would've taken to it like a duck to water. Hell, my parents still like it.

Y'know, I've actually given serious thought in the past to getting a copy of Throttle's shoulder tattoo. If that doesn't speak for how much I love the series, I don't know what does.  XD

My Twitch channel. Random streams during the week.
Currently streaming: Transformers: Devastation

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
These little black birds have the weirdest of chirps.  I know they aren't crows because they are too small.

EDIT: Seems they are called Brewer's Black bird.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
I was only 4 or 5 at the time, but I don't remember TMNT being as big a deal over here as it might've been in the states, and I don't recall EVER seeing Swat KATS on TV as a kid either. Most of the cartoons I watched were either Saturday Morning or After-School, and aside from Biker Mice and Transformers (which I still love to this day), most of the UK fare was Hanna-Barbera stuff like Scooby-Doo and The Flintstones, which I was never particularly a fan of. I think the reason I love Biker Mice so much was that, as TMNT was rarely shown, it was so different from everything else, and I'd just started to inherit my dad's love of heavy metal music, so me as a kid would've taken to it like a duck to water. Hell, my parents still like it.

Y'know, I've actually given serious thought in the past to getting a copy of Throttle's shoulder tattoo. If that doesn't speak for how much I love the series, I don't know what does.  XD

Yeah, it was definitely unique. Haha, and go for that tattoo. Great classic nerd cred right there! XD

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Nephew had his birthday party. Certainly better than the crap I dealt with yesterday. 

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile

Sometimes i wonder why i like this game

[spoiler]I'm planning on making a side story where Phi and Sigma were roommates, mostly because fanart of that exists. Should be fun. That's the one I listed along with Pema's side story.[/spoiler]

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
I would totally want to see that.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Went to the roller rink today. Last time I rollerbladed was before I broke my foot. I'm terribly ungraceful.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
My mom was talking about how her desktop computer at work had a forced update to install Windows 10.  It's really getting me paranoid because I don't want my laptop to suddenly update to Windows 10.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
I take it that it's a work computer, so the IT manager there must've set the computers to install Windows 10.

And the crap I dealt with the other day was brought up AGAIN and it's the most trivial of [parasitic bomb] and dammit, I can't do anything right, I need cute Peridot with kitties. =3=

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Windows 10 is okay. I prefer 8.1.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
I take it that it's a work computer, so the IT manager there must've set the computers to install Windows 10.

And the crap I dealt with the other day was brought up AGAIN and it's the most trivial of [parasitic bomb] and dammit, I can't do anything right, I need cute Peridot with kitties. =3=
The thing is her job doesn't have an IT manager, the company is way too small to need an IT manager at the moment.  Not to mention her computer was the only one that had this issue. 

Windows 10 is okay. I prefer 8.1.
It's just that I still have Win 7, and I don't my computer to be borked like Unkawaii's was when his updated to Windows 10.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
My lappie did prompt about an update to Win10 a few months back... I disabled the update, and it has not pop up since. Still using Win7 myself.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Mine occasionally bugs me to update and I just tell it no.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
My lappie did prompt about an update to Win10... I disabled the update, and it has not pop up since. Still using Win7 myself.
How did you disable that?

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
I've been on the fence on updating to Windows 10 while it's free at the moment not only because of all the things I have to back up on a separate hard drive and go through all the fun of installing an operating system, but it's also the updating to the motherboard's BIOS that I don't want to risk bricking and the fact that Microsoft is trying to turn Windows 10 into Skynet.

How did you disable that?
I had that problem too when 8.1 tried to force 10 on me until I told my system to do manual updates only.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
... Can't access lappie at the moment.

... And my work computer doesn't HAVE Windows Update. o_O

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Yeah, mine is set for manual updates only.  Any software updates go through me.  Keeps out the riffraff.

And the petty [parasitic bomb] from before and again from today is because the other day, I had a beer I didn't like, so I mixed it with Coke to make it taste better (and I chugged it because I liked the flavor). My half-brother says I "ruined the beer" and has been going on and on about it ever since.

Also, if I start talking tech, people give me grief because they don't understand what I'm talking about.  All I was talking about was a virtual machine I used for a while and that I was considering setting up another.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Wait. Beer ruined?

... Wow, that is pretty petty a reason for constant harping...