Ultra Turbo Super Extreme "What are you thinking?" Electric Boogaloo Alpha EX ed

Dr. Wily II · 491866

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
I think it's interesting that there's an RPG out there that you can play without killing anyone.

I also think tumblr and its ilk blew up the game too much and it's not really remarkable.

It's backlogged for me anyway.
The second reason is kind of the main reason I don't go to tumblr, even though I don't give a [parasitic bomb] about spoilers.  No matter how meta something is I really don't like treating anything as the best thing ever.  Even though Chrono Trigger is pretty much perfect in everyway, it's not my favorite game ever.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Damn, I would have thought Chrono Trigger was your favorite.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Yeah, I see Undertale all over the place. 

And naming a cat after a piece of literature is more highbrow than naming a cat after a meme, according to Ringman.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Damn, I would have thought Chrono Trigger was your favorite.
I'll be honest I have absolutely no idea which game is my favorite period, there's just so many games with so many different things that I love but they also have their flaws, and while Chrono Trigger is what I call a perfect game there's also things in other games that I like better than Chrono Trigger despite being much more flawed than Chrono Trigger.

For example I love a game that gives me a job system with customizable classes, suchs as FF5, Bravely Default, Pokemon, Dragon Quest 9, and Disgaea which Chrono Trigger doesn't have but Chrono Trigger has much more polish at the same time and doesn't need such things because you get to have a party with so much synergy with each other instead.  There's also the thing about Narrative, Writting and Characters that I prefer more than Chrono Trigger such as Paper Mario the Thousand Year Door even though Chrono Trigger has a good one because it's simple, short, sweet and gets to the point unlike many other games.

Another thing is I like witty games like Disgaea, Thousand Year Door and Earthbound, which Chrono Trigger doesn't have much of due to being short but epic.  I also like some Nightmare Fuel sprinkled in here or there which while Chrono Trigger has a good amount I think Kirby, Pokemon, Earthbound, and Thousand Year Door and a few other games do better or I just like the Fridge Horror better.

So yes while I see Chrono Trigger as the perfect game it's also not my favorite because I have a preference for different things which Chrono Trigger doesn't hit just right or doesn't have.  However to quote ProJared Chrono Trigger is simply Timeless, and that's honestly something very few games can be called.  I'd argue A Link to the Past is also up there but I know there are those who don't like top down Zeldas.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
So I'm watching retsupurae's Video Shame riff on Plumbers Don't Wear Ties, and I have to ask: have ANY of these guys ever played a good (Japanese) visual novel that doesn't have T&A as a selling point? For [tornado fang]'s sake, slowbeef even translated one of the better ones out there.

I'll be honest I have absolutely no idea which game is my favorite period, there's just so many games with so many different things that I love but they also have their flaws, and while Chrono Trigger is what I call a perfect game there's also things in other games that I like better than Chrono Trigger despite being much more flawed than Chrono Trigger.

For example I love a game that gives me a job system with customizable classes, suchs as FF5, Bravely Default, Pokemon, Dragon Quest 9, and Disgaea which Chrono Trigger doesn't have but Chrono Trigger has much more polish at the same time and doesn't need such things because you get to have a party with so much synergy with each other instead.  There's also the thing about Narrative, Writting and Characters that I prefer more than Chrono Trigger such as Paper Mario the Thousand Year Door even though Chrono Trigger has a good one because it's simple, short, sweet and gets to the point unlike many other games.

Another thing is I like witty games like Disgaea, Thousand Year Door and Earthbound, which Chrono Trigger doesn't have much of due to being short but epic.  I also like some Nightmare Fuel sprinkled in here or there which while Chrono Trigger has a good amount I think Kirby, Pokemon, Earthbound, and Thousand Year Door and a few other games do better or I just like the Fridge Horror better.

So yes while I see Chrono Trigger as the perfect game it's also not my favorite because I have a preference for different things which Chrono Trigger doesn't hit just right or doesn't have.  However to quote ProJared Chrono Trigger is simply Timeless, and that's honestly something very few games can be called.  I'd argue A Link to the Past is also up there but I know there are those who don't like top down Zeldas.
If there's one thing that I want out of the games I enjoy playing, is for them to give me a good reason to stay up at night when it's not Silent Hill.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Dishonored is still my favorite. Though New Vegas gives it a run for its money.

Offline Suppercut ♡

• Toaster Catgirl Sniper
  • Neo Arcadian
  • something something All Limiters Released
    • View Profile
    • Ironically Opressing Oppression
I think it's interesting that there's an RPG out there that you can play without killing anyone.

I also think tumblr and its ilk blew up the game too much and it's not really remarkable.

It's backlogged for me anyway.
I dunno man, I for one enjoy the Undertale fan content. There's something about the characters, I guess.

Or maybe I just have filthy taste.

Screw it.

what

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Erma is settling in.  After playing all day, she's sacked out in the living room.  She explored a bit and went into my room, where she took a dump.

Off to a great start. 8D

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Yup when a cat takes a dump in one's home they officially claim it as their home.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
I need to get around to drawing a Mabeltwo.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Mabeltwo... O^O

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
She will live on as Mabeltwo. O^O

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
So is she going to be some horrific, if adorable, eldritch fusion of Mabel and Mewtwo?

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Yes.  Mewtwo with Mabel's features and fur patterns.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Excellent.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Ringman and I went for a walk in the dark earlier.  I didn't realize that they put up reflector sticks by some of the storm drains, so I walked into one, tripped over it, and faceplanted on the road.  Wrecked up my knee, scraped my chin, and ate a mouthful of gravel.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Ringman and I went for a walk in the dark earlier.  I didn't realize that they put up reflector sticks by some of the storm drains, so I walked into one, tripped over it, and faceplanted on the road.  Wrecked up my knee, scraped my chin, and ate a mouthful of gravel.
From one clumsy person to another I feel for you.  That is really painful, and I'm usually such a [sonic slicer] about getting a skinned knee alone.  It's the burning sensation that gets me.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
My knee is all puffy and red and holy [parasitic bomb] does it hurt!

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
If you haven't already ice that [parasitic bomb] right away.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Iced it after I got back.  I took a shower first, because my face was covered in dirt and I had a mouthful of gravel.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Binge-watching The Office.

I'm convinced I'll never see chemistry stronger than Jim and Pam, as far as TV shows are concerned.

Shawn and Gus come close, at least.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Took a couple Tylenol and my knee is hurting a lot less.  Still hurts to walk on it, though.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Hope you recover soon.

Also I seriously forgot how shopping for Weapons in Disgaea can be such a [sonic slicer] sometimes.  I JUST WANT A SWORDBREAKER WITH ARMSMASTERS SPECIAIST, IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK SHOP RNG?!

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Peter Capaldi might be my favorite Doctor after this season. Holy [parasitic bomb], tonight's episode was perfect. A downright perfect episode. Probably the best in what is already possibly the best season of Doctor Who.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
I already lost to Midboss on purpose so I can unlock Plenair, hopefully I can survive against Flonne without Clerics.