The Mana-Verse

Blue Valkyrie · 232658

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4500 on: October 18, 2015, 05:56:11 AM
"I think Mar hopped to start over from scratch-he lured the other Magisters to the capital along with the Guardians and Air Fleet then unleashed his giant chaos rift-everyone was gone in seconds and the Guardians were quickly wiped out by the chaos beasts. I doubt he had any interest in ruling what was already there. But what ever his reasons a lot of innocent people died that day-and I can't imagine the chaos that followed in the absence of the empire.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #4501 on: October 18, 2015, 06:37:09 PM
Pema balled up her fists. "That's dreadful..." She said quietly and slouched against the wall.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #4502 on: October 18, 2015, 06:41:49 PM
"The road to hell is paved with good intentions..." Fxeni mutters quietly as he leans against the closest wall. "I wonder if he'd ever be content with any outcome. I'm not convinced he'd be happy even if everything went his way."

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #4503 on: October 18, 2015, 06:52:30 PM
Calien listened to Fxeni's words intently and had faraway look on his face focused on a point no one could determine.

"No.....I don't think he would stop even if his initial goal was accomplished." Calien stated "He'll keep destroying everything until nothing is left."

"He has to be stopped."  Sakura said with determination "Before he gets to that point he must be stopped.  I'm sure that's what the once kind Mar would have wanted before he lost his way.....and Rei too......."

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4504 on: October 18, 2015, 11:24:50 PM
"I'm going to save my brother this time no matter what, he's suffered to long." Aya looks determinedly at her hands clenching her fists.

Some time passes and the group start to feel more anxious-thankfull as boredom really sets in the Lizzardman Commander finally returns "Alright-we found nothing on board to contradict your story, despite that I would like to question one of you before we even talk about allowing you into our city. Decide who will speak for the party."

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #4505 on: October 18, 2015, 11:27:43 PM
(Pema should speak for the party. 8D)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #4506 on: October 18, 2015, 11:51:48 PM
"I think Fxeni would be the best person for that." Sakura pipped up.

"I agree with the suggestion." Calien nodded.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4507 on: October 19, 2015, 12:00:49 AM
((Majorty vote wins unless everyone votes for them selves then..ragh!  8D ))

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #4508 on: October 19, 2015, 12:50:18 AM
Pema smiled to herself and began to twiddle with her sleeve. "Yeah... Mr. Fxeni."

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4509 on: October 19, 2015, 12:57:30 AM
((Pema being the one to speak for the party would be quite funny though.  8D ))

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #4510 on: October 19, 2015, 01:02:10 AM
(I fear the party may not be ready for that, quite yet. XD)

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4511 on: October 19, 2015, 01:14:54 AM
((Fair enough.  XD ))

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #4512 on: October 19, 2015, 01:17:52 AM
(Certainly wouldn't be ready for Sakura either, no one would have the patience to answer her incessant questions about things she doesn't understand.  Never mind the cussing habit she picked up.)

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4513 on: October 19, 2015, 01:36:30 AM
((Alright, we'll wait for Fxeni to get caught up then!))

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #4514 on: October 19, 2015, 10:08:54 AM
"Looks like it'll be me," Fxeni said as he looked around at the others as they spoke up. "Will we be speaking here, or will I be questioned elsewhere?"

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4515 on: October 22, 2015, 12:49:54 AM
"Looks like it'll be me," Fxeni said as he looked around at the others as they spoke up. "Will we be speaking here, or will I be questioned elsewhere?"

The commander opens the gate and motions for Fxeni to follow. "We'll speak in my office." Fxeni is led down the hall to the room and he motions for him to take a seat at his table. The commander slips behind the table and sits down. "Alright-my men finished searching White Beard's ship-nothing you had seemed to link you to his crew-but I want to know how you came into possession of it and where is White Beard now, his piracy has plagued this city before and I would very much like to see him behind bars."

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #4516 on: October 23, 2015, 12:18:29 AM
"White Beard... is likely dead," Fxeni said with a slight pause, putting his hands together. "He was thrown off his tower at Ald... at Skull Cove. We had infiltrated the town to take back something important he had stolen, but we had to retreat. That's when we permanently borrowed his airship."

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4517 on: October 23, 2015, 12:24:39 AM
"Thrown off the tower--By you and your party?" The Lizzardman raises a reptilian brow.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #4518 on: October 23, 2015, 12:50:51 AM
"If only..." Fxeni mutters under his breath. "No, it wasn't us. It was Mar... a revived Precursor. His resurgence shattered the reason we were there, the Omni-Gem. He beat us rather soundly, hence our strategic retreat."

He paused for a moment to gather his thoughts, leaning back in his chair. "Since then, we've been attempting to gather the shards of the Omni-Gem to restore it. We hope it will stabilize the rifts that have begun to spring about everywhere."

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4519 on: October 23, 2015, 12:54:10 AM
"You expect me to believe that an ancient long dead race suddenly returned and shattered some crystal from a bed time story--and that you all just happened to be there? I hope you realize how crazy you sound."

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #4520 on: October 23, 2015, 01:08:46 AM
"Yes, well... it's certainly not something I ever thought I would be saying," Fxeni replied, leaning on the table in front of him. "I guarantee that if you ask anyone else in that cell you will get the same response, though."

Fxeni hesitated for a moment before speaking anew; then with a sigh, he figured he might as well just come clean. "The woman in the cell with the wings... she's a Precursor too. She's the reason we've has all gathered together. I mean, lets be honest here... does our group really look like it would have come together if there wasn't an important reason to do so?"

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4521 on: October 23, 2015, 01:26:59 AM
*He taps his clawed finger on the desk* "I'll admit the lass is not of any race I've ever seen." He ponders before smiling-although with his chiseled features it's a rather frightening smile. "I'll allow you and your party to remain in Haven Rock on ONE condition--that you pass a test to prove to me you will be of use to our people while you stay." He pauses perhaps for dramatic effect?

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #4522 on: October 23, 2015, 01:29:40 AM
"A... test?" Fxeni asks, raising his eyebrow. "What exactly do you have in mind?"

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4523 on: October 23, 2015, 01:33:04 AM
"You all look like seasoned adventurers from the gear we saw on board the airship-thus I'd like you and the others to take care of a little monster problem we've been having."

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #4524 on: October 23, 2015, 01:38:19 AM
"Monster problem, huh? As long as we can have our equipment back to do it, I don't think anyone will mind," Fxeni stated. "What exactly are we dealing with here?"