The Mana-Verse

Blue Valkyrie · 238038

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #2175 on: March 07, 2015, 07:57:41 AM
"Of course not, I could also fix up your robe later too." Calien replied while he continued the arduous process of removing the deade skin.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2176 on: March 07, 2015, 08:06:03 AM
The Professor winced again and vocalized his pain.  "Even... even my p-punishments don't hurt this much...  You, you become, you become tolerant to that.  Though, though it helped that some, some would pull their punches... made things easier."

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2177 on: March 07, 2015, 08:17:30 AM
Calien frowned when he heard that the Professor had gotten used to being punished.  That really made him feel quite worried for him, especially since he still felt pain from those lashes he received, he noticed that the Prof would sometimes winch if you touch his back without warning or how he tried to sit carefully but still cause him to jolt when he felt a sharp sting.  It was really sad to here him say he had gotten used to that.

"I'm so sorry......" Calien muttered as he continued his work.

(I mean yeah treating something like this after what the Prof did when he was fighting Aya and Albertus is pretty damn painful, especially since he's taking off dead skin and it's probably going to be a bloody mess until it's wrapped, but still that's really sad to hear that he got used to the pain of the punishments, even if it does make sense.......)

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2178 on: March 07, 2015, 08:32:22 AM
"I have many sins," the Professor gave Calien a sad smile.

He glanced down at his hands again. "This, this was all, this was all worth it, however.  We saved Aya.  We m-managed to strike a blow to Alberta.  Though, though we were outmatched in the end, we had proven that we could be formidable when united in battle.  We can't see this as a failure, as we still accomplished what we, what we set out to do.  Have faith, we will triumph."

He looked passed Calien's shoulder in order to address Pema directly. "All of us.  All of us will triumph.  Including you."

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2179 on: March 07, 2015, 08:37:52 AM
"I agree with almost everything you say, however.....you shouldn't think of yourself as a sinner." Calien stated. "You haven't done anything wrong, in fact you're probably one of the least sinful men I've ever met."

(I mean sure he blew up the monastery who knows how many times but really he didn't have a proper lab so he really can't be blamed for that.  Of course no one knows about that experiment thing.....)

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2180 on: March 08, 2015, 03:24:51 PM
((Work today so I won't likely get any chance to update till much later if at all. Wanted to bring something up now that the main villain for this plot line has finally been revealed. Up till now it's been sorta of linear on how we traveled, now that we have an air ship things are going to open up quite a bit.

First our main objective is to find and restore the Omni-Gem so that we can restore balance in the world, second we need to get stronger so we can challenge Mar and his allies where ever they try to attack. Finally we need to reclaim the shards of Reva so we can restore her.

So this is a good point to start introducing individual character background stories as we go since we'll need to travel the whole world to find all seven shards of the Omni-Gem. Might be a good thing to discuss one what kind of place we want to visit next))

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2181 on: March 08, 2015, 06:12:15 PM
[spoiler]Calien:......We might have to go to the village North of the Emerald Forest I exiled myself from aren't we.

Me: Maybe

Calien:.......God Dammit.........[/spoiler]

(Also no comments about Calien saying the Prof shouldn't think of himself as a sinner?)

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2182 on: March 08, 2015, 06:34:37 PM
((I'm waiting on Peam.))

((PHI!  I addressed you!  RESPOND ALREADY! :W ))

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #2183 on: March 08, 2015, 09:15:59 PM
Pema regarded the Professor with a small smile, and a nod of her head, "Thank you, Professor. I'll try my best... we'll try our best!"

She stepped over to him, pulling out something from her sleeve, "Corn on the cob?" She offered.

"Wait, when the heck did you even obtain that...?" Salem said dryly.

"Oh, Salem, you should know by now. A magician never reveals their secrets!" Pema pumped out her chest confidently.

... At least she's getting some of her energy back... I guess... He thought to himself.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2184 on: March 08, 2015, 09:51:38 PM
The Professor looked at the corn and smiled, and then nodded to his hands. "I'm, I'm afraid that I'm a bit... occupied at the moment."

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #2185 on: March 08, 2015, 10:02:48 PM
Pema immediately covered her mouth, "Oh, I'm so sorry! I nearly forgot about that!"

"You completely forgot..." Salem corrected.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2186 on: March 08, 2015, 10:11:47 PM
".....What?" Sakura questioned as she tilted her head.

"You didn't question how Toshi was able to put her equipment in a small bag but you're questioning the Corn?" Calien asked raising his eyebrow.

"Yes I'm questioning the Corn!" Sakura exclaimed "I mean not only did she literally pull that out of her sleeve but it's fresh too!  How did she do that?!"

"Well she is a Magician of sorts so the act of storing the Corn in an unusual place doesn't surprise me too much.  You remember what I told you about my friend right, how he somehow was able to carry things he shouldn't possibly carry all at once including, his Sword, a Sheild, a Bow, a Boomerang, 4 Magical Rods and a Hammer.  Keep in mind that was only scratching the surface of what he was carrying, not to mention at the time he was about Pema's age too and not a Magician." Calien explained.

"I guess you got a point about that, but how does she keep it fresh?!" Sakura continued.

"That I don't have an answer for." Calien replied.

"Yeah, that's what I thought." Sakura nodded.

(Seriously 4 magical rods, 4 magical rods!  And one was a really situational one too, extremely situational!)

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2187 on: March 08, 2015, 10:27:27 PM
"Much like, much like my bag.  You see, you see, my master, he taught me some special tricks, yes?  I only know a few, just a few, but, but, but I have used them.  My bag, my bag, you see, it's b-bigger on the inside.  Transcendental enchantment, he called it.  So, so, so I can carry many things without, without the extra weight!"

The Professor was going to open his bag to show them, but he remained still so that Calien could treat his hands.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2188 on: March 08, 2015, 10:30:34 PM
"Considering you were able to store those rocks I can understand that though....can you teach me how to do that sometime?" Sakura asked "I don't have too much to carry and I can keep some stuff in the air ship now but it would be nice to learn how to do something like that so I can carry my Pokemon book with me....."

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2189 on: March 08, 2015, 10:34:12 PM
"One of the few magics allowed by the Order, yes.  A very useful one.  All Acolytes are taught this, so, so we can carry our books.  The books, our holy texts, they can b-be quite large.  Quite large indeed."

The Professor watched Calien tend to his hands and wince some more.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2190 on: March 08, 2015, 10:38:16 PM
"Yeah the Pokemon Book is big alright, I'm still surprised someone dropped that in the Forest one day." Sakura nodded "Same thing with another book I found that I used to learn my Magic and my Sword too, and it's a Magitech sword of all things!"

Sakura showed him the Sword as if to proof a point of how ridiculous some of the stuff she found in the forest was.

(And remember it is kind of a Magitech Beam Saber......)

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #2191 on: March 08, 2015, 10:39:04 PM
(This just makes me wish that Pyro was in this RP. I'm sure he could make anything into a hammerspace.

Also, he and Pema would probably have an interesting dynamic. 8D)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2192 on: March 08, 2015, 10:40:08 PM
(Maybe once he's settled down a bit more he can because I agree with that.)

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #2193 on: March 08, 2015, 10:53:19 PM
"I had a similar enchantment on the Cheval. It's the only way the sidecars and storage would exist, since it's too compact otherwise to carry anything at all," Fxeni interjected. "Although the Prof's seems to be more effective than the one I had used."

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2194 on: March 08, 2015, 10:58:53 PM
"That actually explains a lot regarding the side cars." Calien nodded.  "Though now that the Cheval is gone I kind of wish I had my own mount like Sakura does....."

"I really want to know how to make something like the Cheval so we can make another one.....I really want to learn how to make a lot of things, especially if it can help people......" Sakura said wistfully.

[spoiler]I'm really, really, really tempted to have Calien find a Gogoatt he can use to ride someday.  Really tempted, and we don't even have to feed it either since it's capable of photosynthesis.[/spoiler]

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #2195 on: March 08, 2015, 11:07:35 PM
"I don't mind showing you the basics, if we ever have the time and resources to do so. Maybe I'll have to convert one of the rooms on the airship to do so..." Fxeni said, drifting off into thought.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2196 on: March 08, 2015, 11:12:47 PM
"Really?" Sakura said as she perked up at that. "That would be great!"

"It certainly would be nice to use some of the extra rooms for something like that, I could use 2 more to make a sort of green house and a room to make Potions and the like." Calien stated. "That way I don't have to plant my Herbs, Mushrooms, and Nuts in random places anymore and pick them up if we have to back track."

"And then our rooms won't smell like Mushrooms!" Sakura added.

"That is true." Calien nodded.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2197 on: March 08, 2015, 11:45:24 PM
"OUCH!" The Professor flinched as Calien finished debridement and began treating the burns themselves.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2198 on: March 08, 2015, 11:51:29 PM
"Hang on, I'm almost done here Prof." Calien stated as he continued the treatment "But the most difficult part is over with."

"I hope you'll be able to use them again soon." Sakura shuddered at how bloody his hands were and the worse they got after her father was done with the debridement "I mean Daddy said that Pema's leg would heal in a few days thanks to his Magic but I'm not sure about your hands even with his Magic."

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #2199 on: March 08, 2015, 11:55:34 PM
Pema also said "ouch" as the Professor did, almost as if she could feel his pain.

She watched as the treatment continued and shuddered, "Poor Professor Bunny..."