Dragon Ball Xenoverse ~ The Hero is Goku...

VirusChris · 44468

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #175 on: March 04, 2015, 02:46:59 AM

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Psycho Yuffie

• Neo Arcadian
  • Pffft!
    • View Profile
Reply #176 on: March 07, 2015, 05:49:14 AM
I have the PC version of this game on Steam and I have yet to ever connect to the servers. Not once. I can use online battles and parallel quests, but I can't ever see anyone else in Toki Toki City. A bit disappointing. :(

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
  • Short for Sapphire Knight
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #177 on: March 07, 2015, 06:39:19 AM
I have the PC version of this game on Steam and I have yet to ever connect to the servers. Not once. I can use online battles and parallel quests, but I can't ever see anyone else in Toki Toki City. A bit disappointing. :(
I have it via Steam as well. So far, all the attempts to connect to the server have done for me is crash my game.

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #178 on: March 07, 2015, 08:23:24 PM

Its better than the alternative. Which is you being able to play the game online, but immediately get booted off after doing a mission or something when the server has a hiccup. The game doesn't have an actual offline mode except for when the server is down, even in "Single Lobby" mode the game still insists on being somewhat online.

I much prefer being offline anyway, but I can imagine its frustrating for those who bought it to play with others.

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Reply #179 on: March 08, 2015, 05:20:02 AM
Well it's because Namco Bandai wasn't expecting SO many people pre-ordering and/or buying the game that much it their servers couldn't handled it.

By the way did you guys see these commercial for the new DBZ movie, Revival of F, yet?

[spoiler]キリン メッツCM 「キリン メッツ オレンジ 悟空」篇 15秒

キリン メッツCM 「キリン メッツ グレープ フリーザ」篇 15秒[/spoiler]

So I think this is what Frieza's 4 month training was about...

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #180 on: March 08, 2015, 08:55:51 AM
Was this posted yet?

Dragon Ball Z 2015 Movie: Revival of F Official Trailer 3 - Frieza's New Form

Figured this is pretty much the official DBZ thread, anyway.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #181 on: March 08, 2015, 03:32:45 PM
I believe so, also Gold and purple is an ugly color scheme though I really hope thats just there to hide his real true form. Because you'd think they would put more effort into this than just recolor him.

Also we should change the topic title back to Dragon Ball Xenoverse ~ The Hero is you...

Goku did jack other than give me energy during the final battle so he doesn't deserve to be in the title.  8D

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #182 on: March 08, 2015, 04:12:27 PM
I was also disappointed by the new form design. Though I don't think its actually hiding the real true form either.

Think about it this way. God Goku was just a recolor, with a slightly slimmer body. This is a recolor with what looks to be the same build, but if you consider 100% power Frieza is buff then it IS a slimmer body.

I think Toriyama is just going for more simple 'forms' at this point.

Knockout Mondays

WIP Wednesdays

Weekend Game Hangout

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #183 on: March 08, 2015, 04:33:14 PM
I suppose so, but it seems so anti-climatic for DBZ's most memorable villain given how he was like back during his story arc. Or maybe I'm just moaning about nothing, at least the secondary characters are getting to kick some butt rather than just give Goku their energy for once.  8D

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #184 on: March 08, 2015, 06:15:31 PM
Oh no, don't get me wrong, I completely wanted another cool new form. It's in a way Frieza's trademark to have another form.

Oh and...

Knockout Mondays

WIP Wednesdays

Weekend Game Hangout

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #185 on: March 27, 2015, 12:21:50 AM
Dragon Ball Xenoverse DLC Packs info revealed!

(To recap)
DLC Pack #1
*GT Goku, GT Trunks, and Pan will be a playable characters
*First half of the GT story that starts from the Golden Ape Baby saga to Super Android 17 saga
*4 Time Patrol Quests and 3 Parallel Quests
*1 new stage (Planet Tuffle)
*5 New costumes
*3 New accessories
*9 new Z-souls
*Yamach and Tien as your mentors
*15 signature moves from Tien and Yamcha

DLC Pack #2 (Release Date: March 31, 2015)
*Nova Shenron, Eis Shenron, Towa, and Mira will become playable characters
*Second Half of the GT Story that finishes with the Shadow Dragon saga and the final battle of Demigra's plan.
*3 Time Patrol Quests and 3 Parallel Quests
*Pan becomes a mentor
*6 full costumes from Pan, Gogeta, Super 17, Mira and Towa
*24 signature moves from Pan, Mira, Towa, Eis Shenron and Nuova Shenron
*6 new Z-Souls:
•• Eis Shenron's Z soul - I'm doing fine.
•• Nuova Shenron's Z soul - That's how I fight!
•• Pan's Z soul (Master) 1 - This is my best move!
•• Pan's Z soul (Master) 2 - Dumped agaaaain!
•• Mira's Z soul - I feel it... A powerful energy!
•• Towa's Z soul - Revival of the Demon Realm is at hand

http://www.saiyanisland.com/2015/03/dragon-ball-xenoverse-2-dlc-pack-2-screenshots-and-new-details/
https://www.facebook.com/bandainamcogames.europe/posts/878975862163499

DLC Pack #3 (Release Date: Not announced)
*Golden Frieza from Revival of F, Jaco the Galaxy Space Policeman, and one or two other character(s) (it might be Demon God Demigra and someone else as it states this info with a plural) will be playable characters
*Jaco the Space Policeman and another unannounced character as your mentor
*Two new accessories including Tagoma's scouter
*5 Parallel Quests
*13 New Special Moves
*New costumes like Gohan's "Piccolo-colored" Jersey
*3 New Z-Souls

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-03-26/resurrection-f-version-frieza-joins-dragon-ball-xenoverse-game-as-dlc/.86393

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #186 on: March 27, 2015, 01:22:42 AM
First two DLCs seem like must buys for the amount of content (I enjoyed the first one myself), I'm going to have to think about #3 though.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #187 on: March 27, 2015, 01:59:45 AM
Just get the Season Pass to net all 3 of them, you'll be saving $5 if you do!

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #188 on: March 27, 2015, 02:12:46 AM
Already own one of them, so no point now sadly.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #189 on: March 27, 2015, 02:48:27 AM
Already own one of them, so no point now sadly.

Ah.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #190 on: March 27, 2015, 04:26:11 AM
That Pan costume is just a little creepy noticeably being too small for the body. Kind of like when Sora woke up in KH2 in his KH1 outfit.

Knockout Mondays

WIP Wednesdays

Weekend Game Hangout

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #191 on: March 27, 2015, 05:51:48 AM
That Pan costume is just a little creepy noticeably being too small for the body. Kind of like when Sora woke up in KH2 in his KH1 outfit.

Really? The Pan outfit isn't too bad to me honestly, like we got a Teen Pan instead of the 9/10 year old Pan, though the shirt could be closer to the waist.

The Sora outfit in KH2 was funny as it was meant to show his growth and outgrowing his clothes.

Anyway, no comments on the "Golden Frieza" will be a playable character in Xenoverse bit?

On that note, I finally unlocked all the characters on my PS4 copy... collecting those 7 Dragon Balls three times was annoying.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #192 on: March 27, 2015, 10:08:29 PM
Really? The Pan outfit isn't too bad to me honestly, like we got a Teen Pan instead of the 9/10 year old Pan, though the shirt could be closer to the waist.

Maybe if Teen Pan never changed her clothes in 5 years.

Anyway, no comments on the "Golden Frieza" will be a playable character in Xenoverse bit?

Were you really expecting them NOT to milk the latest movie characters?

Knockout Mondays

WIP Wednesdays

Weekend Game Hangout

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #193 on: March 27, 2015, 11:38:05 PM
Well maybe an update version of it, have a black shirt underneath or something of an open vest jacket with the same colors of her old shirt and wearing a v-collar shirt underneath and updated jeans and shoes.

Even longer hair, so she looks kinda like Chi-Chi with her hairstyle (granted she is Chi-Chi's granddaughter and I found Chi-Chi's hairstyle from Saiyan to Cell Saga great especially when she let it down compared to her Buu Saga hairstyle... I hated that look personally).

And regarding Golden Frieza, I wanted to hear people's thoughts on him being playable and such... not the fact they're milking him into the game (fans have been asking for RoF Golden Frieza and Costumes from there, though I prefer Goku and Vegeta's new outfits over Gohan's jersey outfit).

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #194 on: March 31, 2015, 12:25:57 AM
Guys, I got some news... there was a special screening of the new DBZ movie, Revival of F, and a lot of info was leaked! Not sure if this is all 100% confirm, but this is what I've heard so far:

MASSIVE SPOILERS!
[spoiler]
*During the battle against Frieza Final Form he is getting his butt handed to him before he transforms into his "Golden Form" and starts winning.

*Golden Frieza has the same weakness as his 100% Final Form as he has an issue with his stamina and it makes it hard for him to control.

*Goku tries to take advantage against Golden Frieza, but gets his guard caught off by Sorbet which allowed Golden Frieza to beat Goku to a bloody pulp.

*Vegeta steps in and gives Goku a Senzu Bean to recover and proceeds to fight Golden Frieza himself and there's a lengthy battle sequence where Vegeta is kicking the snout out of Golden Frieza as Vegeta overpowers him.

*Vegeta nearly wins the battle but Golden Frieza loses his temper and refuses to lose so he does a cheap shot/desperation move where he blows up the Earth killing Vegeta and everyone.

*Goku is the only one to survive because Whis saves him and they watched the battle from the sidelines and Whis made a barrier to protect them.

*Whis uses his "Time Travel" powers to reset time back to 3 minutes before Golden Frieza destroys the Earth.

*Goku then finishes off Golden Frieza with a Full-Power Kamehameha to prevent him from destroying the Earth and sending him back to Hell.

*Also BOTH Goku and Vegeta get a new transformation... a Blue-Hair Super Saiyan form, Goku's hair is blue but in the style of SSJ spike hair and Vegeta is roughly the same.

*Speculation states that both Goku and Vegeta "hold hands(?)" as a new ritual to obtain the new Blue Super Saiyan God form.

*The Red Bull Alien guy is a stronger grunt and Lieutenant of Frieza's army that catches Piccolo off guard and sucker punches him but Piccolo shrugs if off and Gohan comes in and defeats the Red Bull Alien.

*Golden Frieza appears before them and quickly knocks out both Piccolo and Gohan during his fight with Goku

*Vegeta finally becomes stronger than Goku, but we're not sure how much stronger.

Sources:
https://translate.google.com/translate?act=url&depth=1&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://news-sokuhou.xsrv.jp/%3Fp%3D6281

https://translate.google.com/translate?act=url&depth=1&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://news-sokuhou.xsrv.jp/%3Fp%3D6310

Toy Figures of Blue-Hair Super Saiyan God:
https://jcphotog.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/dbzf-supersaiyangods.jpg

So if this "Blue-Hair Super Saiyan God" is a SSJG form, then what was the "Red-Hair Super Saiyan God" form? Some think that form was an "incomplete" form of SSJG and the blue-haired one is the "true" Super Saiyan God.

I read somewhere someone saying Vegeta called it the "Legendary Super Saiyan God" form? I have no idea what they're going to call it.
[/spoiler]

I'm not exactly sure how to take this... I love DBZ, but I find the movie plot for Revival of F... questionable at times. Also Akira Toriyama's Editor-in-Chief praised him for his work citing it was his best yet and Akira mentions it was very hard to please the man.

The Editor really liked this?

Well I'm not sure how 100% accurate it is, but if that's true... probably would've been better to end it with a certain character finishing the job then that route.

I love all DBZ content, even if it has flawed and loopholes in its story, but this is not going to be my highest ranking movie in the series.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #195 on: April 01, 2015, 12:40:24 AM
Time to make my exit. I don't want to get spoiled at all for this one.

Knockout Mondays

WIP Wednesdays

Weekend Game Hangout

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #196 on: April 01, 2015, 01:31:46 AM
Alright then...back to the game instead.

The DLC Pack #2 will come out April 8th:
http://www.saiyanisland.com/2015/03/dragon-ball-xenoverse-dlc-pack-2-to-release-april-8-in-japan/

Kinda bummed it's not coming out today, but next week. Oh well.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #197 on: April 03, 2015, 03:38:14 AM
Complete Movie Summary of Revival of F
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/movie/revival-of-f/

Read on your own risk, contains major spoilers for the movie!

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #198 on: April 10, 2015, 05:07:03 AM
A little bit of news for Xenoverse guys!

They released an update patch for the game and does the following:
[spoiler]*Add DLC Data

*Super Electric Strike has been nerfed and it's hitbox changed allowing opponents to dodge if they're up close or too far away and SES no longer staggers and sends players flying away now.

*Death Ball does not give you invincibility anymore, less tracking, and doesn't juggle either.

*Milky Cannon's glitch has been fixed (I'm not entirely sure what it was though).

*Ki Blast Cannon no longer staggers and instead sends people flying away

*Super Kamehameha is guard-breakable now and damage dealt by it has been reduced.

*Level Cap raised from 80 to 85 (takes 600k EXP in total from 80 to 85 to cap)

*Dragon Balls drop easier now from Time Patrollers

*Mentors re-located from front of Hercule Statue to front of the Information Booth

*From now when completing Parallel Quests you return to the inside entrance of the area instead of outside of the area

*Ultimate Finish Warnings appear more often now

*You gain BP from Rank Matches even if the player disconnects from the match (apparently "rage quitters" will lose BP from now on if they disconnected before the match is done or so I heard)

*Items are no longer usable in PvP match Endless Battles

*Communication delay during online battles has been reduced.[/spoiler]

Now only that some videos on the 4 new playable characters for Xenoverse

[spoiler]Dragon Ball Xenoverse : Towa Gameplay

Towa's playstyle seems to focus on 2v2 and 3v3 battles and is more of a support character.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse: Eis Shenron Gameplay
Dragon Ball Xenoverse: Nuova Shenron Gameplay

They simply seem to be clone characters for each other aside from their element abilities, but hey we get more characters at least. Though Eis is more Ki Blast-focus while Nuova is more Strike-focus going by their Ki and Stamina bars.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse: Mira Gameplay

Apparently Mira has four different costume/skill setups given him more moves to play around when using him. Also he seems to fight slightly differently from his Story version.
[/spoiler]

And to close off the post new info on Revival of F is that the name of the new Super Saiyan God form is revealed!

Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan (SSJGSSJ)

Or as an article also mentioned God of Saiyans Super Saiyan God

Yeah... that's the official name, weird right? I think "True Super Saiyan God" or "Master Super Saiyan God" would've been better names and here's an article with pictures of Goku's new SSJG form look:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Not only that been datamining has revealed the new "Blue SSJG aura" for DLC Pack 3 so we might get Goku and Vegeta's RoF outfit with their new SSJG forms as well.

You can take a look a the PC mod for Goku and Vegeta's new God form for Xenoverse here:
[spoiler]Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Fukkatsu no F - Goku SSJ God 2 vs Vegeta SSJ God 2[/spoiler]

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #199 on: April 14, 2015, 10:46:20 PM
Dragon Ball Xenoverse DLC Pack 2 is official out today folks! Hurry and pick it up!

To recap here's what in DLC Pack 2

Time Patrol battles:
Eis Shenron and Nuova Shenron
Omega Shenron vs Super Saiyan 4 Vegeta
Enemies Gather! Ultimate Tag Team

Shop skills (200k Zeni per skill):
Android Kick (strike)
Description: Press the button again to do a quick kick attack. Use while using LS to jump backwards.

Ice Field (ki blast)
Description: Freeze the area by causing freezing air. Perfect for use when surrounded by opponents.

Fighting Sun (power up)
Description: You'll be temporarily unable to use skills, but all abilities will be increased.

Phantom Fist (other)
Description: Like the skill Afterimage, avoid attacks with good timing to recover your stamina slightly.

Position Shift (other)
Description: Fire a ki blast that on hi, causes you and your opponent to switch positions.

Shop Clothing:
Pan's Clothes (500,000 zeni per piece)
+2 ki, +2 basic attack, +2 strike supers, -2 ki blast supers

Shop Accessory:
Pan's Bandana (80,000 zeni)

Unlockable characters:
Eis Shenron
Nuova Shenron
Towa
Mira

Parallel Quest 1:
Super 17, the Ultimate Android

Win Conditions:
- Defeat all enemies.
- Defeat Super 17 with Goku surviving.
- Defeat revived Super 17.

Clothing Rewards:
Super 17's clothes
-3 ki, -3 stamina, +3 strike supers, +3 ki blast supers

Pan's Clothes (see above)

Accessory Reward:
Pan's Bandana

Skill Rewards:
Dragon Burn (ki blast evasive skill)
Description: Abruptly raise your body temperature and touch enemy to set them on fire.

Absolute Zero (ki blast evasive skill)
Description: Abruptly lower your body temperature and touch enemy to freeze them.

Parallel Quest 2:
The Shadow Dragons

Win Conditions:
- Defeat Eis, Nuova, and Omega Shenron.
- Clear with all allies surviving.
- Defeat all enemies.

Clothing Reward:
Gogeta's clothes
-4 ki, -4 stamina, +4 strike supers, +4 ki blast supers

Z Soul Rewards:
I'm doing fine.
+5 ki, -4 strike supers, +4 ki blast supers
Description: Eis Shenron's Z Soul. Activate when near death. Health recovers, and damage does not cause stagger until a certain amount of damage is received. Also, a great increase to strike special skill is gained.

That's how I fight!
+5 stamina, +5 basic attack, -4 ki blast supers
Description: Nuova Shenron's Z Soul. Activates when near death. Health recovers, and damage does not cause stagger until a certain amount of damage is received. Also, a great increase to normal attack power is gained.

Skill Rewards:
Burst Attack (ki blast super)
Description: Fire a flaming ki blast towards an opponent. The fire pillar will stay in the location of the hit for a short time.

Burst Reflection (ki blast super)
Description: Deploy a lens-shaped barrier and unleash powerful ki waves.

Burning Spin (strike ultimate)
Description: Move freely as you attack, wrapped in huge flames. Use LS to move.

Freezing Beam (ki blast super)
Description: A move where you unleash ki waves that freeze the opponent.

Ice Claw (strike super)
Description: A series of slicing strike attacks. Hit to disable your opponent.

Ice Cannon (ultimate ki blast)
Description: Freeze your enemy and launch an ultra-powerful ki blast.

Parallel Quest 3:
Insidious Plot

Win Conditions:
- Defeat Mira and Towa
- Clear in under 3 minutes
- Defeat all enemies

Clothing Rewards:
Mira's clothes (male only + Frieza Race and Namekian)
*Added to shop at 500,000 zeni per piece after completing PQ
-5 health, -5 ki, +5 basic attack, +5 strike supers, +5 ki blasts supers

Towa's clothes (female only)
*Added to shop at 500,000 zeni per piece after completing PQ
-5 health, -5 ki, +5 stamina

Z Soul Rewards:
I can feel it... A powerful energy!
+4 health, -4 ki, -4 stamina, +4 basic attack
Description: Mira's Z Soul. Activates when health is low. All abilities are increased, and ki automatically regenerates.

Revival of the Demon Realm is at hand.
-4 health, +4 ki, +4 stamina, +4 strike supers, +4 ki blast supers
Description: Towa's Z Soul. Considerably reduces the time required to revive allies. Also, all allies' ki is charged upon starting battle.

Skill Rewards:
Galick Beam Cannon (ki super)
Description: A ki blast that can be charged.

Infinity Explosion (ki blast super)
Description: A ki blast that causes an explosion in the area. Charge the move to increase the size of the blast.

Serious Bomb (ki blast ultimate)
Description: Mira's as-of-yet incomplete move. Hit with the uppercut on activation to make it easier to connect with the ki blast.

Time Bullet (other super)
Description: Create a space that limits your opponent's movement. Be careful, this move leaves you vulnerable.

Energy Zone (other ultimate)
Description: Open up an energy field that utilizes a mysterious power. Allies who come in contact with the field will be healed.

Currently the PC and Xbox systems have them out in the US right now, the PS version DLC comes out this afternoon around 4 - 6 PDT.