Blue Valkyrie · 40048

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #400 on: August 20, 2014, 10:50:56 PM
"Indeed there is," Talyn said between mouthfuls of her handsteak. "We can never truly achieve perfection, for no matter how high he reach there is always room for us to grow more. Or something like that... old saying my Master used to spout endlessly while training me in the ways of the blade."

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #401 on: August 20, 2014, 10:59:05 PM
"My master said something similar." Sarah nodded "Although his behavior is.....much more questionable than Prospero at times he was very strict when training me.  He was a jack of all trades, arcane arts, healing magic and swordsmanship but he was a master of none of them.

His Black Magic is nothing compared to Prospero, his White Magic not as potent as a white mage his age and he even said my swordsmanship was better than his at his prime.  But he valued the versitility he had at his disposal despite not focusing on one skill, however he said that I shouldn't be like him since my swordsmanship was superior to his which was why he trained me as hard as he could until he could train me no more."

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #402 on: August 20, 2014, 11:08:10 PM
(Luna was "leading" during Kaitlyn's introduction, yet no one said anything...)

"I agree," Luna nodded, "I think you more than qualify to be our leader, Reva. What say you?"

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #403 on: August 20, 2014, 11:10:17 PM
(That wasn't leading though, that was just having a converstation.  She was more like an ambassador but not a leader.)

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #404 on: August 20, 2014, 11:21:24 PM
(Yes, but I'd still say she showed some of those distinguishable qualities, especially considering that she lead a brigade of Knights in her village. But, I digress.)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #405 on: August 20, 2014, 11:33:01 PM
(True, but I think most of use were also sleeping while she was talking to Kaitlyn.  While she is a leader of a brigade so far in this adventure she hasn't done anything leadership like for the group unlike Reva who has plans of action and Prospero who seems to be wise and know the area, despite his slight insanity issues.

Talyn would also count for her wisdom but her massive pride holds her back from being an effective leader, as seen with the with the boar situation. 

Another thing is that Prospero and Reva have never once had a situation of prejudice or distain against another member, Luna still doesn't see beyond Prospero's lecherous moments, and while Sarah doesn't hold ill will against anyone she can be very harsh and point out a flaw without restraint, even if she didn't outright say it to Talyn she really didn't hide it nor did she want to because again she was concerned about Talyn's seemingly lack of discipline.

There's a lot of factors to being a good leader and just because Luna's led a brigade doesn't mean she's a good leader for the group because the knights probably don't have our quirks.)

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #406 on: August 20, 2014, 11:52:45 PM
(Yeah, I think a big part of this journey will be our characters getting to know each other and overcoming our shortcomings to be even stronger. Talyn is incredibly prideful, and that is something she'll need to overcome to reach her true potential. Sarah's talents are stunted due to her master's shortcomings, but training with Prospero will make her stronger. Everyone needs to overcome something on this journey.)

"Say, Sarah, just wondering... Are you able to enchant other's blades? Not that I want you to do it now, just wondering in case we come up against something weak to, say, electricity, and having all our weapons enchanted with that element would serve us to take it down faster," Talyn asked.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #407 on: August 20, 2014, 11:58:09 PM
"Hmmm I've never tired before, but I would need contact with the blade to do it. While I can cast my enchantment spells faster than a normal mage it would still take time to cast it on multiple weapons one at a time, and since you have 2 swords yours would take twice as long.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I could, maybe, but we need to make sure we can fine an opportunity to do so and not be caught off guard." Sarah explained.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #408 on: August 20, 2014, 11:59:33 PM
"Understandable. Just thought it might be a viable strategy down the line, if necessary," Talyn replied.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #409 on: August 21, 2014, 12:03:17 AM
"Understandable." Sarah nodded.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #410 on: August 21, 2014, 12:32:55 AM
"Well if that's what you all want I can take charge of this treasure hunt, but if at any time I mess up I won't hold it against you all to choose someone else." Reva's expression seemed a little taken back by the offer.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #411 on: August 21, 2014, 12:34:33 AM
Freyr quietly ate his steak and listened to everyone talking, deciding not to jump in during the leader-appointing session. He decided instead to examine the map that Reva had layed out for future reference, in case something were to happen to it. He takes mental notes of as many as the landmarks as possible.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #412 on: August 21, 2014, 12:55:02 AM
"Why do we even need a leader? Can't we all be like, co-leaders? Like a council or something? I mean I think it'd be best if we all shared equally in the decision making process instead of choosing a single de facto leader, ya know?" Talyn said.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #413 on: August 21, 2014, 01:15:08 AM
"I'm also okay with that." Reva chuckles

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #414 on: August 21, 2014, 01:34:41 AM
(True, but I think most of use were also sleeping while she was talking to Kaitlyn.  While she is a leader of a brigade so far in this adventure she hasn't done anything leadership like for the group unlike Reva who has plans of action and Prospero who seems to be wise and know the area, despite his slight insanity issues.

Talyn would also count for her wisdom but her massive pride holds her back from being an effective leader, as seen with the with the boar situation. 

Another thing is that Prospero and Reva have never once had a situation of prejudice or distain against another member, Luna still doesn't see beyond Prospero's lecherous moments, and while Sarah doesn't hold ill will against anyone she can be very harsh and point out a flaw without restraint, even if she didn't outright say it to Talyn she really didn't hide it nor did she want to because again she was concerned about Talyn's seemingly lack of discipline.

There's a lot of factors to being a good leader and just because Luna's led a brigade doesn't mean she's a good leader for the group because the knights probably don't have our quirks.)

(There's more to her than simply leading a brigade. Much more. As I'm sure there's more to everyone in the group. And she doesn't hate Prospero, she's just disapproving of his lewd behavior (remember, she believes the body is sacred), and him swimming while everyone was working hard didn't help his image, in her eyes.

But, that's just how she was raised; she firmly believes in strong work ethic, the sanctity of each individual and respects everyone for the most part, even Prospero, in the sense that he's not scared to hold back and can stand up for himself no matter what. She respects his strengths and she has to accept what she sees as his flaws. Because she's such a strong believer of principals, it's a bit difficult for her to accept the ones she's uncomfortable with.

And of course there's more to being a leader than leading a group. You need extreme patience, generosity, the ability to work well with others and acceptance of different point-of-views; the latter of which Luna is working on.

There's a reason why I stated that she completed the 3 Trials of Avalon; it's no small feat and tests how trustworthy you are, your stamina and strength of heart. She's not just a simple mage, and I don't see how the brigade of Knights wouldn't have quirks like the rest of us; they're no different. They're people, after all, so of course they all have very different personalities/views and it tested Luna's resolve and how far she's willing to go to protect her Kingdom.

And really, everyone in the group has the potential to be a leader, but we still don't know each other well enough, which is why Luna declined to being one; she has to prove herself to them, even if she knows she has experience with being a leader. Reva is the one with the map and knows the lay of the land, making her the most viable candidate, at the moment.

Anyway, sorry that this post is so long, I have a habit of getting invested in these things; as seen by my wall o' text response to Ruri about The Last of Us.)

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #415 on: August 21, 2014, 02:13:57 AM
((Nothing wrong with introspective posts, I agree with your points although Reva isn't the most patient character either. Until the group gets to know each other better and get a feel for each others objectives Reva taking lead makes sense, she has the map and some knowledge of Zepter's lore.))

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #416 on: August 21, 2014, 02:35:25 AM
(On a side note, Blue, you can copy 'n paste the RP summaries you posted in your thread into the Supplement Thread, if you feel it's necessary.)

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #417 on: August 21, 2014, 02:47:45 AM
((Yeah this Friday I was planning to gather all the character info and put into my topic for easy access. Maybe a Google Docs page so others can update their stuff too?))

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #418 on: August 21, 2014, 02:50:01 AM
(Sounds like a good idea, I probably won't use the supplement thread myself for what I was talking about since it is kind of fan fiction and I don't want it to be jumbled up with everyone elses stuff.)

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #419 on: August 21, 2014, 02:52:49 AM
((If I get around to the G-Doc idea you'll have your own page, if not I'll just post updates for my own reference and others.))

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #420 on: August 21, 2014, 02:54:20 AM
(Oh no I was talking about something else. What you're doing is fine.)

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #421 on: August 21, 2014, 02:58:01 AM
((Didn't notice Phi made a topic durrr guess I'll use that one XD))

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #422 on: August 21, 2014, 03:08:18 AM
(He even mentioned that you could use it haha

Also I'd use it for my character's backstory but I plan on revealing it bit by bit so I don't think that's necessary. It would spoil the surprise, ya know)

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #423 on: August 21, 2014, 03:22:49 AM
(He even mentioned that you could use it haha

Also I'd use it for my character's backstory but I plan on revealing it bit by bit so I don't think that's necessary. It would spoil the surprise, ya know)

((Yeah uhh I have no excuse reading comprehension fail there, you could update your bio as you went though?))

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #424 on: August 21, 2014, 03:59:03 AM
(Yeah I might do that)

Great group of people here, Talyn thought to herself. I just hope that I don't lose them all like last time...