Pyro · 131663

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
  • It's tough being an avatar when you're so restless
    • View Profile
Reply #375 on: November 22, 2013, 05:21:49 AM
(WE WILL MEET AGAIN MERRICK)

(Are we talking about Hierophant, or his card counterpart Or perhaps both?  Remember, the former chose to be called by that name, and I'm sure you're familiar with the concept of ye ol' switch-a-roo.... 8D)

MAKE WAY FOR HAJIME'S DRAGON DELIVERY EXPRESS!!! 8D

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #376 on: November 22, 2013, 05:31:50 AM
(Either way... WE WILL MEET AGAIN, MERRICK)

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #377 on: November 22, 2013, 12:21:46 PM
Once they got a room, Trak reluctantly woke Runaway up and headed for that room for some much-needed sleep.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #378 on: November 22, 2013, 05:47:39 PM
A few hours later Sakura retired to a room in the Pokemon Center with Xuangzang in tow.  She was currently wearing a set of black pajamas and was lying down on the bed with Xuangzang sitting on a pillow himself.

"Today was a long day wasn't it." Sakura sighed.

"Indeed it was quite eventful." Xuangzang nodded.

"A dangerous mission, people getting hurt, familiar friends, new people and Pokemon being used for nefarious deeds, it never changes does it.  Am I going to be doing this for the rest of my life Xuangzang?" Sakura asked as she raised up her hand and stared at it while lying down.

"I'm not exactly sure, it's pretty unusual that whenever there's trouble that you get involved.  Even as the Hero of Ideals I find it quite fascinating how often you're in the middle of all this." Xuangzang noted.

"At least I don't get involved with every single one or I'd go insane, well more insane than I probably already am." Sakura laughed in a slightly bitter tone as she lowered her arm and covered her eyes.

"It's fortunate that you have other people that are also bound to you by fate in these situations now, myself included." Xuangzang reassured her.

"Hey Xuangzang why did you choose to stay with me so long, don't you have better things to do than to hang with me?" Sakura asked him.

"I typically bound myself to the Hero of Ideals until their life expires, then I go to sleep until I find a new one." Xuangzang reminded her.

"Huh like a contract with a between a master and a familiar?" Sakura pondered.

"I suppose, though if I find that they aren't worthy of my power I'll break it myself, I have done so in the past." Xuangzang said looking down.

"So I haven't disappointed you yet Xuangzang?" Sakura asked as she turned to him.

"Not even in the slightest." Xuangzang shook his head "In fact you're probably the one most worthy of the title, and you're probably the only one who's treated me like an equal, not as a tool for their Ideals or someone who is greater than themselves.  You're the only one who treated me as a true friend."

"Well I'm sort of flattered." Sakura laughed sincerely "But weren't you sad when I decided to revert you back to stone 5 years ago out of paranoia?   I mean that was a little selfish of me."

"It was a mutual agreement that we reached, I didn't want to put you in danger just as much as you didn't want to put me in danger.  I didn't regret it, even if it was a bit uncomfortable though not as bad as a Pokeball." Xuangzang sighed.

"You really don't like Pokeballs huh." Sakura observed.

"It just feels sort of odd and unnatural to me, I understand why others prefer it unlike myself and they are convenient for a multitude of reasons, but I just can't feel comfortable in them.  It could be the energy conversion process or maybe since I can go dormant myself I don't feel compatible with it, but either I just don't like it." Xuangzang mused.

"Well you're not alone in that, there are quite a few cases of Pokemon preferring not to stay in Pokeballs." Sakura said as she sat up and pet him on the head "Some people are researching why that is but I don't really find it necessary.  Pokemon are just as different from one another as humans are and I don't want to change that."

"Yes I find that true as well." Xuangzang nodded. "Especially when I compare yourself to the people you come in contact with.  I even learned more things about them today than I have years ago, I was even surprised how you and Taylor were able to forgive that crazy shorts guy."

"Well I know that it wasn't all his fault, Team Rocket was even stooping to fool their own ranks just to get Mewtwo.  That shorts guy was just another victim and he clearly regretted his actions." Sakura explained "I may be probably one of the more irrational and paranoid people in the world, but that doesn't mean I can't let bygones be bygones."

"Yes and he seemed relieved by that, though I'm surprised that you aren't bothered by the many secrets that Merrick person is keeping.  I still find it odd that his real name matches that of one of the talking cards he has in his possession, in fact they sort of look the same now that I think about it." Xuangzang pondered.

"Well considering his magical abilities and how dangerous some of those cards are I don't blame him, you remember how much trouble and bad luck he got into because of that and it seems that his organization or home or whatever is even more paranoid than I am for that reason.  I'll admit I would like to know more about Merrick, but I understand why he's doesn't let me know everything even if he does trust me." Sakura justified.

"Yes I suppose that makes sense, if for example Sapph told people he was immortal people would either freak out or not believe him, it be better if he kept that secret." Xuangzang noted "I can understand why people must keep secrets to themselves."

"Yeah..." Sakura said looking sad.

"You're still worried about Sapph aren't you." Xuangzang realized.

"Of course I am, he just disappeared and I haven't had any contact with him in 3 whole years." Sakura sighed "And he's not the only one."

"Yes Dr. Wily and Ahrzayl have seemed to disappear without a trace as well." Xuangzang said looking grim.

"Yeah I'm still horrified with what Steiner did to Julia when we met up again, and how Steiner caught Ahrzayl in a Pokeball.  I know Ahrazyl wasn't really human, but I didn't think she was part Clefairy of all things, her Ice Powers don't really match that conclusion even if Clefairies can learn Ice Beam and Blizzard.  I hope Julia can find her and get her away from Steiner forever, that man is sicker than Wily's old personality." Sakura said with worry.

"Yes and Wily's old personality is pretty evil." Xuangzang admitted.

"Yeah, the poor Doc, he can't seem to escape his past no matter how hard he tries." Sakura said tearing up a little "He doesn't deserve that."

"Yes but at the moment there isn't a way to eradicate that side of him, and if we just suppress it it will just resurface later in the future.  Not even Mewtwo can prevent that as powerful as he is." Xuangzang sighed.

"We have to find a way, we have to!" Sakura cried "I can't let him suffer like that."

"I know how you feel but you must focus on the task at hand right now." Xuangzang sooth "You can't let the weight of the world crush you, you have to take it one step at a time.  Right now we must rescue Pyro, and stop Team Flora's ambitions but first you must rest, you won't be able to do anything without a good night's sleep."

"You're right I'm sorry." Sakura sighed as she hugged Xuangzang as close as possible for security "I haven't really been taking care of myself as I should, I even snapped at you when you told me I couldn't help my father in my condition."

"That's fine, I know how you felt and it was lucky that you had friends that saved him in your stead." Xuangzang dismissed "Don't worry about it and go to sleep, we have a big day ahead of us."

"Right I'm sorry I just needed to let that out." Sakura nodded as she lied back down still hugging Xuangzang like he was a stuffed animal "Is it okay if we stayed like for tonight, I know you prefer sleeping standing up and all."

"It's fine, I know you need this." Xuangzang replied.

"Thank you." Sakura said as she started to feel drowsy "Good night Xuangzang."

"Rest well Sakura." Xuangzang replied as he turned on his generator to keep her warm so she could feel safe.

Sakura eventually fell asleep as Xuangzang watched her in concern as he was worried about how insecure she felt, as well as her worries.

"This girl has suffered a lot, and yet she hasn't fallen apart." Xuangzang thought to himself "Most people in her situation simply wouldn't be able to handle this stress, they would have probably turn into a vegetable or fall into a coma or something.  But it's still a lot to bare for one person, let alone the Hero of Ideals.   It's very fortunate she has friends that can help her as well as myself.  I hope I can help her put those worries to rest before her life expires from old age, she does not deserve all this suffering."

With that last thought Xuangzang himself fell asleep to prepare for whatever danger fate threw at them in it's own twisted amusement.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #379 on: November 22, 2013, 07:54:59 PM
Taylor, unlike Sakura, didn't have time for a meaningful conversation with her team and instead passed out quickly. Basically falling out of the sky took a lot out of her, and she had been running on adrenaline for quite some time.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
  • Short for Sapphire Knight
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #380 on: November 22, 2013, 09:34:09 PM
Sapph had also retired to a room for the night. However, he spent the night sitting at a window and staring at the moon. He had taken to doing this on full moons during the past 3 years, letting thoughts run through his head about things that have happened. Though, this night, a less serious thought passed through his mind. "... Maybe I should get a shave and haircut... I haven't had one in a couple years..."

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #381 on: November 22, 2013, 10:46:54 PM
(Tempted to have Runaway wake everyone up by pacing the hall while playing Spoonman..)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #382 on: November 22, 2013, 10:50:35 PM
(What's Spoon Man?)

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #384 on: November 22, 2013, 11:11:42 PM
((On a random note, I'm making Sapph's team of this RP on Pokemon Showdown. Got Remy, Jelly, and Virgo done... No idea who Sapph's other 3 mons should be.))

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #385 on: November 22, 2013, 11:18:19 PM
Partway through the Woods, Merrick starts to ponder whether he should get some rest himself.  He hasn't done much other than release some wild Pokemon and protect Sakura's father from the wrath of a drugged up Team Flora grunt.  Then again, with so many powder-attacking Pokemon, there was no telling how many other Team Flora members were lurking about, spying on him and his ability to cast magic, or pull a random item from his seemingly limit-spaced duffel bag.

Even more eerie is the darkness.  Because it was night, the woods are a lot less noticeable, forcing him to use the orb on his scepter to light the way and keep watch of any nocturnal Pokemon that want to protect their territory, or looking for something to do at the cost of an unsuspecting traveler.

"I can't imagine the professor would be out this late, studying Pokemon," he mutters mostly to Synthis, "Even if there are behaviors yet to be discovered, it shouldn't be like him to want to continue doing research, knowing he might run into another member, or their hideout."

Synthis mews, seeming to agree, but with a tone that suggests habit isn't a hard thing to break.  Merrick sighs as he stops and kneels down to give him another pat on the head.

"I suppose you're right....  I guess that's one of the reasons I didn't choose to be a full on professor when I first came to this world."

He was soon interrupted by a presence somewhere in the Woods.  It wasn't Professor Birch as he had the energy of The Sun revolving around The World.  This one appears to have the energy of the Hermit strung upside down by some tree rooting itself in the culture of this region.

It shouldn't be his business to pry in on someone who wants to be left alone, but he also wants to make sure this presence knows where they're sleeping and if they're capable of taking care of themselves in an environment they don't seem familiar with.  He and Synthis venture off the beaten path in the direction the energy was coming from, being careful not to step on anything that would wake them and the surrounding Pokemon that wanted just as much beauty sleep as them.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #386 on: November 22, 2013, 11:18:58 PM
((On a random note, I'm making Sapph's team of this RP on Pokemon Showdown. Got Remy, Jelly, and Virgo done... No idea who Sapph's other 3 mons should be.))

(Use your team from the games?  That's what I'm doing.  Nicknames, too.  At some point, Trak will be breaking out Flamin' Yawn the Delphox and Quacklin' the Farfetch'd.)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #387 on: November 22, 2013, 11:48:28 PM
(Mine is just a mix of Pokemon I've used in the main games and some competitive plus Zekrom.  The last Pokemon will be my favorite from Kalos, probably get it in the Woods or Verdanturf.)

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #388 on: November 23, 2013, 12:02:53 AM
((And I've got his entire team planned now. |3))

My thread of Random Crap

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #389 on: November 23, 2013, 01:13:07 AM
A couple hours later, Runaway woke up and started digging through Trak's bag.  He pulled out a rolled parcel and placed it on the desk, carefully unrolling it to reveal a collection of spoons.  Selecting four, the Alakazam quietly left the room and headed for the waiting area where he could play with them and not disturb his trainer.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #390 on: November 23, 2013, 03:17:12 AM
(SUDDENLY VANILLITE HORDE FROM NOWHERE)

Joe was nuzzling his face in his Raticate's belly, a nightly ritual to check of mites. Top percentile Pokemon much always be in tip top precentile condition after all. At the corner of his eye, he noticed Runaway leave the room. Not feeling the need to wake Trak up, Joe finished up with his nuzzling, and laid down to rest.

(I think I'll keep DWII's team from the old RP (Metagross, Magnezone, Heatran, Tauros, Fearow), but switch Pikachu out for... Malamar. I have to have a hypnosis professional afterall. Joe already has Raticate, Furret, Bibarel and Watchog. Linoone will be caught later, and Diggersby will be a gift from a certain someone...)

Offline Pyro

• Wielder of the Chaos Force
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Boo yeah!
    • View Profile
Reply #391 on: November 23, 2013, 04:10:47 PM
Somewhere, out in the wilds of Hoenn...

Mr. Bonding was prowling through the impossibly dense forests on his way to Petalburg City but lost his way in the darkness. That is, until he saw a light in up ahead and gravitated towards it like a Mothim to flame. A trio of young Campers sat around a fire in a circle exchanging ghost stories. The light from flickered as one told his story...

"They say there's a man in Kalos... he shows up in hotel rooms, luring kids into him to show them his O-Powers... No one knows what these "O-Powers" are but some say he..."

Then they heard a rustling in the bushes. They all turned around.

One of them quivered, "What was that?!"

"Probably just a Zigzagoon. Anyway..."

The bushes rustled again, this time it was getting closer.

"That's no Zigzagoon."

"Why hello there children," a high-pitched, almost effeminate voice said. All three of them twisted their heads around to see a man in a pink suit standing on the other side of the fire. He flashed a predatory smile, "Do you know what O-Powers are?"

The campers screamed in terror while the Zigzagoons watched Mr. Bonding lurch towards them from the bushes.

Come and read some Thoughts of a Platypus

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #392 on: November 23, 2013, 04:26:36 PM
(Go get him, Pyro!)

Back in the waiting area of the Pokemon Center, Runaway had found himself a nice, empty corner midway between the door and the benches.  He had found a drinking cup, which he placed on the floor nearby, and started his performance, clacking his spoons in elaborate rhythms.  The placement he chose was so he could get the attention of trainers coming and going, and the empty cup was obviously for tips.

If there was a sign prohibiting panhandling, the Alakazam didn't see it.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #393 on: November 23, 2013, 09:47:04 PM
Sakura eventually stirred from her slumber and surprisingly felt refreshed.

"Xuangzang what time is it?" Sakura asked rubbing her eyes as she threw over the covers and sat up still holding the mini Legendary Pokemon.

"It's about 8:30 in the morning." Xuangzang replied.

"Still pretty early, why don't we go down for some breakfast?" Sakura suggested.

"That would be a good idea." Xuangzang nodded.

"I just hope Merrick and Daddy are okay." Sakura said as she got up still holding Xuanzang and headed for the door.

"I believe they should be, Merrick is quite resourceful." Xuangzang replied as the door opened and they headed down stairs.

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #394 on: November 23, 2013, 10:50:33 PM
Merrick was eventually disrupted from his earlier search at the sound of screaming somewhere deep in the woods.  There appears to be some kind of presence overwhelmed with the energy of the Lovers surrounded by nine overfilling cups.  He didn't want to think it was that Mr. Bonding he heard about earlier, but given the cringe-worthy energy, he couldn't think of anyone else but him.

Though he regrets snooping towards his antics for a closer look, the somewhat well being of the screamers was something he couldn't ignore even if it was for his and Synthis' own good.  Gulping nervously, he starts to deviate towards that energy in the hopes of at least talking him out of what he was attempting to do.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #395 on: November 24, 2013, 05:24:13 AM
(BONDING TIME FOR MERRICK 8D)

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #396 on: November 24, 2013, 05:48:51 AM
Sapph had fallen asleep leaned against the window, his face mushed against the glass. Or, at least, he was asleep, until he fell over and hit the floor with a thud. "Ugh... Is it morning already?" He muttered, slowly getting up and looking around. "Where am I again? Oh yeah, Petalburg Pokemon Center..." He said, cracking his neck. "Now... To come up with an excuse to tag along for a while without telling them who I am just yet."

My thread of Random Crap

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #397 on: November 24, 2013, 06:01:38 AM
Runaway noticed Sapph waking up, so he directed his musical performance in his direction, nudging the cup over with his foot.  A few visitors had tossed in some change, and others were entertained for at least a few minutes, but most generally didn't pay the Alakazam much mind.  Whether or not Nurse Joy was entertained was left up to debate.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #398 on: November 24, 2013, 06:12:00 AM
Sakura arrived in the lobby still wearing her pajamas and still holding Xuangzang like a stuff animal when she saw the sight of a street preforming Alakazam.

"...Hey Xuangzang?" Sakura asked staring blankly.

"Yes?" Xuangzang replied back.

"Is that the french speaking Alakazam from yesterday?" Sakura questioned.

"Yes I believe it is." Xuangzang nodded.

"Okay just making sure, let's get some pancakes." Sakura shrugged and continued to the cafeteria.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #399 on: November 24, 2013, 06:28:30 AM
(If street performances are not allowed, feel free to have Nurse Joy step in.  Runaway is technically soliciting for handouts.  While it's just fine in Kalos, not so sure about Hoenn.)