A HOENN NEW RPM POKEMON ADVENTURE!

Pyro · 135257

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #1900 on: February 06, 2014, 02:15:11 AM
(Goddarnit there are corpses in that hack. XD As for the following, I'll let Sakura take the wheel. Although Joe is curious, Sakura has way more burning questions.)

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #1901 on: February 06, 2014, 02:52:27 AM
"I think the one with Mr. Zoroark, Wily and Xerosic with what seems to be a baby Twoey in a tube in the background, that's the one I'm really confused about concerning the time it happened." Sakura stated.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1902 on: February 06, 2014, 03:26:30 AM
"Then we'll start there," Dr. Ladis nodded.  She turned to Runaway. "You are in the large room with Zoroark, Wily, and Xerosic.  The room with the large tube with the Pokemon inside.  Do you remember that room?"

Runaway nodded slowly. "Oui..."

"Look around you, what do you see?"

There was a moment before the Alakazam responded.  Eventually, he began to describe the room in great detail, noting that it was large.  The acoustics were bad, as voices echoed and he had trouble understanding some things that were said.  The floor was slick, and the decorations were sparse, limited to consoles, chairs, monitors, and other large tubes.  He could hear bubbles from the tube, and even breathing; slow and mechanical.  He mentioned hearing one of the humans talk about "stasis."

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1903 on: February 06, 2014, 03:28:35 AM
"Can you see a Newspaper, Computer, something with a date?" Sakura asked.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1904 on: February 06, 2014, 03:38:00 AM
Runaway concentrated, sifting through the image for tiny details. "...Oui.  Il ya trois ans.  Environ." ...Yes.  Three years ago.  Thereabouts.  He furrowed his brow, trying to find other details. "Ils disent que si l'essai n'est pas un succès... que le spécimen seront éliminés..." They say that if the trial isn't a success... the specimen will be disposed of...

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1905 on: February 06, 2014, 03:42:11 AM
"Hmm so this had to definitely happen after the Trial with Giovanni at least that makes sense, but does that mean that Twoey isn't 6 years old, or did they try to make another Mewtwo after they got rid of Twoey?" Sakura pondered.  "More importantly how did Wily end up working for Xerosic and the 4 female Flare scientists? Why did he leave Team Rocket, and why is he with Team Flora instead of Xerosic and the others?  There's just so many questions."

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1906 on: February 06, 2014, 03:47:33 AM
"Where else do you want to direct the questioning?" Dr. Ladis looked over. "Photographic memories work in that Runaway can think back to a memory and see new details.  Depending on his involvement, he may not be able to get much more information.  If there's nothing else, we could end the session and interview Twoey."

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1907 on: February 06, 2014, 03:49:42 AM
"Yeah I see what you mean."  Sakura nodded "I would like to know why he picked a fight with Mr. Zoroark before he did the mind meld with him.  He had to have been provoked somehow and he didn't exactly explain why he fought him."

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1908 on: February 06, 2014, 03:54:33 AM
Dr. Ladis nodded and returned her gaze to Runaway. "Runaway, could you explain why you felt the need to fight the Zoroark?"

"Il a hantait mes rêves; tourmenté ... J'avais à le stopper ..." He haunted my dreams; tormented... I had to stop it...

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1909 on: February 06, 2014, 03:56:13 AM
"Hmm I guess that makes sense, though how did you know it was Mr. Zoroark specifically?" Sakura asked.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1910 on: February 06, 2014, 03:58:04 AM
Runaway explained in a halting tone about how the dark man with the goatish face and long nose was the Zoroark.

Hypno, however, cringed a bit, as that was also usually a description of when other Hypnos have invaded dreams.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1911 on: February 06, 2014, 04:03:23 AM
"Yeesh that's a bit creepy." Sakura shuddered before she turned to Mr. Zoroark "If you don't mind me asking did you actually have an influence on what he dreamed about or was that just a coincidence, and I kind of wanted to know why you Tormented him.  Were they Wily's orders or something, a grudge?"

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #1912 on: February 06, 2014, 04:14:44 AM
Zoroark lowered his head.

"... Yes... It was a ploy by Dr. Wily II to further weaken the mental, and physical state of Runaway... Via the use of Torment, the subject is indeed Tormented, not unlike the effects of Nightmare. I have no control over what goes on within the Torment... However, it does leave traces behind on the source, in this case, the... Slenderoark Man that Runaway saw."

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1913 on: February 06, 2014, 04:17:33 AM
"Okay that probably explains why Runaway has been acting they way he was acting along with the mind meld." Sakura nodded "Any other strange things in those nightmares, I kind of briefly heard when you talked to Trak about them in the contest hall and heard something that sounded too familiar."

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1914 on: February 06, 2014, 04:29:20 AM
"We'll proceed with that line of questioning," Dr. Ladis nodded. "Runaway, you have been having nightmares, is that correct?"

"Oui..."

"Could you describe them?  Describe who you saw?"

Runaway nodded and again described the tall, dark man with the long nose and black, stringy hair.  He continued the description with a brief summary of events, and then described another dark man.  However, he couldn't see the face, but he described the laugh; a chilling cackle that made him shiver and feel sick to his stomach.  He said that each time, he was strapped down to a chair, though in the second dream, the chair became more distinct and included a metal halo into which his head was secured.  He described footsteps and a shadowy figure, holding a saw.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1915 on: February 06, 2014, 04:36:27 AM
"Yeah way too familiar." Sakura nodded "Hmm I wonder, can we go back to the morning after we first met?  When I was kind of acting a bit nervous around you?  I'm not accusing you of this, but you didn't happen to accidentally read my mind while you were hugging me or something did you?  It's just sounds too familiar to be a just a coincidence."

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1916 on: February 06, 2014, 04:40:22 AM
Dr. Ladis nodded. "Runaway, think back to when you first met Sakura.  Did you happen to scan her mind, even by accident?"

There was a pause as Runaway brought up the memory. "Non..."

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1917 on: February 06, 2014, 04:43:26 AM
"Hmm can you go back to when Wily kidnapped you, did he threaten to do something like that to you or maybe you seen something about that?" Sakura asked.  

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1918 on: February 06, 2014, 04:59:44 AM
It took a moment for Runaway to respond, and he described Wily forcing him to alter powders, and how he attempted to trick Wily, only for the plan to fail.  He described the Oddish eating its own leaves, and then when he threw unaltered powder into the air in order to make his escape.  He described the battle up until he was defeated.

Trak shrugged. "If Wily had any other plans for Runaway, he didn't make them very obvious."

Dr. Ladis nodded. "It's possible that he may have pulled something from another mind scan, perhaps from Twoey's mind."

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1919 on: February 06, 2014, 05:27:01 AM
"Hmm it's possible but I do have one more idea before we try asking Twoey." Sakura pondered "Wily's Malamar tried brainwashing Trak so she would think Runaway was doing a project for Rustboro University to cover up the kidnapping and Joe into believing he caught Mr. Zoroark when he was disguised as a Diggersby so Mr. Zoroark can spy on us.

It didn't work because there were way too many things out of place but I'm wondering if that Malamar implanted that image into Runaway's mind as part of that ploy Mr. Zoroark was talking about and if it's possible to verify that."

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1920 on: February 06, 2014, 06:08:47 AM
"It's entirely possible, but a simple hypnosis session wouldn't pull that out," Dr. Ladis shook her head.  "However, if we had a relative guess on when that may have occurred, we may be able to pinpoint it better through Runaway's memories.  Otherwise, I'd suggest having Hypno take a look in Runaway's dreams, which would be best done at night when he can get a full night's rest."

Hypno gave a nod, but didn't speak.  It's been a while since he's last fed on dreams, and the opportunity to do so while collecting information would be nice.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1921 on: February 06, 2014, 06:16:25 AM
"It was somewhere between meeting Wily and his kidnapping right Trak?" Sakura asked.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1922 on: February 06, 2014, 06:23:35 AM
Trak nodded. "Yeah.  He knocked me out, and when I woke up, Runaway was gone."

Dr. Ladis nodded. "We'll try that memory." She cleared her throat. "Runaway, think back to when you and Trak were with Wily, to just before he abducted you.  Did anything happen just before then?"

It took a long moment, but Runaway nodded.  He explained how there was a large shadow, with long tendrils.  It implanted a suggestion into his brain, a strong urge to follow Wily, else his trainer would be hurt.  He explained how he felt compelled to go, and he had taken his favorite toy from Trak's bag, hugged her and kissed her, and left her.  As he described the events, the Alakazam started to cry.  He explained that he didn't want to leave, but he had to.  He had no choice.  It was either he follow that command, or something bad would happen to Trak.

Meanwhile, Hypno's head was spinning due to trying to translate all that French; a language he was not very familiar with.  Whatever was lost in translation, though, he managed to pick up through a light telepathic connection.  Being psychic had its advantages.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1923 on: February 06, 2014, 06:34:05 AM
Sakura frowned at what Runaway had described, it sounded awful and scary.

"I think that's enough." Sakura responded "I don't have any other ideas about that scene so I think the best idea right now is for Mr. Hypno to look into Runaway's dreams tonight to see if it'll show up again."

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1924 on: February 06, 2014, 06:53:35 AM
Dr. Ladis looked to Hypno and gave him the signal.  Hypno nodded, scooted up to Runaway, counted down and clapped his hands twice.

Runaway blinked a few times, feeling refreshed and relieved.  Even his racing thoughts had subsided.  He immediately hopped off the chair, rushed over to Trak, and hugged her.

Trak returned the hug and rubbed his back. "Hopefully you start feeling better, now."

Hypno scooted his chair back and grabbed his water bottle, taking a drink. "If you don't need me right away, I'm going to go to the bathroom, and then get some coffee.  Long morning."

Dr. Ladis nodded and dismissed him. "Go ahead.  You've got a long night ahead, anyway."  As Hypno left, Dr. Ladis took the time to recall Daisy, who was observing quietly, but clearly was bored and lacked the patience and discipline of her older brethren. "I can leave Hypno here for tonight, as I do have another on-call for tomorrow.  He's pretty self-sufficient and has done sleep studies on his own."