Megagirl R / ロックガール R (Official Wip Thread)

Gatuca · 272307

Offline Sapphire✧9

• ネビュラ★ブラック
  • Neo Arcadian
  • An Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #200 on: October 25, 2009, 07:32:17 AM
It is nice. But hey you can ask me for sprites if you want, we should help each other. I think that it can feel as a more active community if we help each other. ^3^ Good job, keep it on.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #201 on: October 25, 2009, 10:25:30 AM
That really looks nice...
It is nice. But hey you can ask me for sprites if you want, we should help each other. I think that it can feel as a more active community if we help each other. ^3^ Good job, keep it on.
I would also like to help...too bad I have 0 programming skillz   -u-'

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
    • N-Mario's Gaming Universe
Reply #202 on: October 25, 2009, 06:25:46 PM
Holy Smokes!!!

It has been a little while doesn't?, well i am currently busy with my finals onf college, im about to graduate, and then, i will find a job, so i hope you can understand, but i will try to keep this thing going during this time

however i got something interesting

I Decided to make Slop sprites, so maybe Speedremix and N-Mario could got an idea for the main engine, plus it could be optional, sure, i will have to re-edit those sprites again, but, it's a nice idea, specially for speedremix fangame

actually, N-Mario, it would be nice that the animation and physics for these sprites work different

ther i said, when you're acending, you move a little slower, and when you're decending you move slighty faster

or it could be just the second one

It's a nice idea, but I doubt I want to go that far into it. I mean, slopes could have different angles, different widths. If the slope was a wider, or shorter than a right angle, her feet may look odd there. @_@

Offline Gatuca

• A-Class Hunter
  • Sprite Doctor
    • View Profile
Reply #203 on: October 25, 2009, 07:46:34 PM
well, there's only one type of slope platform in the last version of your engine, and that's the version which i work with, so it wouldn't be so much of a problem, since i think that slopes are the only one's that should be in a megaman game i suppose

but maybe we just reserve this for my game :|

Here's My Facebook Account, Join the Megagirl R project http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002211482262

if you want to know my skype account, send me a PM

Offline Blaze Yeager

• The Loremaster
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • "To win is to lose, to lose is to win."
    • View Profile
    • Suikatei Blog
Reply #204 on: October 25, 2009, 07:52:25 PM
man those slope sprites reminds me of my boss Plasma Man (Who is my avatar) which has a slope in the middle of the boss room :o

Into Darkness, into the Abyss. Where only anathema exists.
| https://twitter.com/BlazeMcPhearson |

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #205 on: October 25, 2009, 08:07:20 PM
man those slope sprites reminds me of my boss Plasma Man (Who is my avatar) which has a slope in the middle of the boss room :o
You mean that Flashman wannabe who´s using BoilMan´s fireblade?

Offline Blaze Yeager

• The Loremaster
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Suikatei Blog
Reply #206 on: October 25, 2009, 08:12:11 PM
You mean that Flashman wannabe who´s using BoilMan´s fireblade?
Oh Sprites inc.!,oh yeah sorry my little bro doesn't know what Art Theft is and i didn't mean for him to do it so i've moved to daytona (so he won't do it again) and anyway my brother apologizes for stealing.
(just tell lern to stop being a (Tornado fang)ing bother i worked on Plasma man (Because,Pretty much he's a new Sprite i made) and pretty much deleted that Flame thrower Sprite)

-Jeffrey

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #207 on: October 25, 2009, 08:19:10 PM
You trying to tell me your brother was using your nick?... :\

Offline Blaze Yeager

• The Loremaster
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Suikatei Blog
Reply #208 on: October 25, 2009, 08:23:01 PM
You trying to tell me your brother was using your nick?... :\
Yeah,and it's true i caught him to.

Offline Gatuca

• A-Class Hunter
  • Sprite Doctor
    • View Profile
Reply #209 on: October 25, 2009, 10:55:50 PM
erhhhhhhhhhh, lets keep on topic please

most of my sprites are made form scratch alright :|

BTW, a small preview of Taichi Woman Sprites, and let me tell you, i will put a lot of references in this game, references to many things in the megaman universe, that are.............well, see it for yourselves and you know what i am talking about:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Huzaaaaaaaaaaah, oh and MR 963........................ -_-

Here's My Facebook Account, Join the Megagirl R project http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002211482262

Offline Sapphire✧9

• ネビュラ★ブラック
  • Neo Arcadian
  • An Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #210 on: October 25, 2009, 11:20:15 PM
Cutey! <3 Good Job!

Offline Gatuca

• A-Class Hunter
  • Sprite Doctor
    • View Profile
Reply #211 on: October 27, 2009, 02:17:47 AM
Tai Chi Woman's Sprites Finished (Credit for 3rd Row of Sprites goes to SpeedRemix, I'd edit some details tough)

Offline borockman

• Super avatar painter in training
  • Legendary Hero
  • DONALD ANGRY! DONALD SMASH!!
    • View Profile
Reply #212 on: October 27, 2009, 03:40:30 AM
Whoa, that sprites actually looks awesome, I wanna see it animated.

Proud member of Indigo tribe!

Offline Blaze Yeager

• The Loremaster
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Suikatei Blog
Reply #213 on: October 30, 2009, 01:48:41 AM
Very Good baragon,i've been interested in Virtual Man and i was wondering.....Can i Use Him as a Wily boss in my game? he would make every one laugh though.

Offline Gatuca

• A-Class Hunter
  • Sprite Doctor
    • View Profile
Reply #214 on: November 10, 2009, 01:25:12 AM
Here's a Sample of the Weapon Sprite Animations

Guess What Attacks are Supposed To Be

Offline Blaze Yeager

• The Loremaster
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Suikatei Blog
Reply #215 on: November 14, 2009, 03:16:47 AM
Here's a Sample of the Weapon Sprite Animations

Guess What Attacks are Supposed To Be
Yoga Kick
Opera Yell
Thunder Ring
Yogurt Splash

Offline Gatuca

• A-Class Hunter
  • Sprite Doctor
    • View Profile
Reply #216 on: December 06, 2009, 12:46:56 AM
Yoga Kick
Opera Yell
Thunder Ring
Yogurt Splash

WRONG  :P

Sing Lead
Volt Touch
Gelato Balls (No Pun Intended)
Fire Spit

Posted on: November 14, 2009, 04:18:25
well, aim quite back at work on ideas and sprites, and i did made a base sprite for Waltz

i want to know if this sprite could be polished more, i think i made waltz to chubby, but she's supposed to be a girl like roll, just 2 pixels taller than her, could anyone polish this sprite more so i can start making the sprite sheet?

that also means that i might need to make all the other ladies sprites more taller i guess

Offline KudosForce

• The wild card
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Will our future be good? Only the cards will tell.
    • View Profile
Reply #217 on: December 09, 2009, 03:12:11 AM
Personally, I think that your Waltz sprite looks good enough as it is. owob

Of course, when MM characters are represented in the NES style (which makes them "small", mainly), one can't exactly expect them to be up-to-scale.

But, if you are still worried about her waist, you can tweak it a little bit. ;)

That said, allow me to give you a suggestion for Virtual Man...

Since there may be fans out there that also have robot masters called "Virtual Man", I thought of a way to distinguish him from those ones.

How about giving him the nickname of "Pop"? Not only would this allude to the fact that he gets blown away/to scrap all the time, but it would be a subtle reference to his personality, which is a composite of a few pop culture elements.

Also, it would be fitting, since it blends in nicely with the musical theme naming of certain characters (e.g. Rock, Roll, Bass, Treble, Punk, etc). After all, he is a failed Rockman Killer prototype, in a way. ;)

So, what do you think of that?

Offline Gatuca

• A-Class Hunter
  • Sprite Doctor
    • View Profile
Reply #218 on: December 09, 2009, 05:13:39 AM
i don't know, "Pop Man" will not sound too masculine for me, tough maybe calling him "Prick Man" or "Annoying Man" will be worse choices, but yeah, the idea of Virtual Being an annoying prick witch comedy bases pop culture references is actually a neat idea, after all, don't you find amusing all those pop culture references we see in kids films these days?  B(

Offline KudosForce

• The wild card
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #219 on: December 09, 2009, 08:54:18 PM
Nah, actually, just "Pop" would suffice as a nickname. Actually, it'd be his true, "civilian" name. Virtual Man would be his so-called "superhero name" (kinda like how Mega Man's true, civilian name is "Rock").

Besides, you don't see other musically-inclined characters being called "Bass Man", or "Punk Man", or even "Enker Man", do you? It'd sound awkward. >U<

That said, it's true that pop culture parodies in movies are prevalent, these days (*looks at Disaster Movie's general direction*B(). It's nice that you like my idea, though. :D

That said, I have another idea for Pop/Virtual Man: Sometimes, when he is defeated, he would explode, but instead of balls of light, we'd see his body parts flying...

But then, the "explosion" sound effect would play in reverse, as Pop/VM's parts would go in reverse and put themselves back together again (due to his regeneration ability). After that, he would either dizzily walk off the screen, or run away. XD

This would be a humorous spin on the usual robot master "defeat" sequence, as well as show how goofy Pop/VM is. So, what do you think of this?

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #220 on: December 09, 2009, 08:55:43 PM
Nah, actually, just "Pop" would suffice as a nickname. Actually, it'd be his true, "civilian" name. Virtual Man would be his so-called "superhero name" (kinda like how Mega Man's true, civilian name is "Rock").

Besides, you don't see other musically-inclined characters being called "Bass Man", or "Punk Man", or even "Enker Man", do you? It'd sound awkward. >U<

That said, it's true that pop culture parodies in movies are prevalent, these days (*looks at Disaster Movie's general direction*B(). It's nice that you like my idea, though. :D

That said, I have another idea for Pop/Virtual Man: Sometimes, when he is defeated, he would explode, but instead of balls of light, we'd see his body parts flying...

But then, the "explosion" sound effect would play in reverse, as Pop/VM's parts would go in reverse and put themselves back together again (due to his regeneration ability). After that, he would either dizzily walk off the screen, or run away. XD

This would be a humorous spin on the usual robot master "defeat" sequence, as well as show how goofy Pop/VM is. How about that?
Why don´t you make your own game?

Offline KudosForce

• The wild card
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #221 on: December 09, 2009, 08:57:50 PM
Why don´t you make your own game?

I apologize for offending you with my behavior. I just wanted to give some suggestions...:'(

To answer your question, I cannot, because I have no technical, spriting or programming skills whatsoever. X(

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #222 on: December 09, 2009, 09:00:53 PM
I didn´t want to sound harsh...it´s just you seem to have a lot of ideas so why not do some project on your own?

Offline KudosForce

• The wild card
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #223 on: December 09, 2009, 09:07:27 PM
Well, I would, but, alas, as I have very few technical skills, I cannot. The least I can do is give some good suggestions.

I, however, could do some sketches (in fact, I'm planning to draw my own robot master and show it on this forum ;)). I can only do front and side perspectives, though (mostly front).

By the way, what do you think of Gatuca's Waltz sprite?

Offline Gatuca

• A-Class Hunter
  • Sprite Doctor
    • View Profile
Reply #224 on: December 10, 2009, 11:42:49 PM
OK guys, right now i have a request, you see, i am not very satisfied with the walk sprites (including the shooting ones), in fact i am remaking the roll spritesheet, but i need a little help

i need the walk to be a little more "girlish" you know what i mean, in order to not look like a sprite edit of megaman (not to mention that i will admit, i edited the shoot sprites from Megaman Ultra).

so who can do me this favor? :-[