The RPM Loser's Circle Thread!

Quickman · 26339

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • No one ever said all Reploids were smart.
    • View Profile
Reply #125 on: December 28, 2008, 08:43:42 AM
Also, [tornado fang] you too. You know you ADORE my Critical Hits that don't hit you. XD

I could make a reference to Persona 4 with that critical hit thing, but then I fear that no one here has played it yet.  :\

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #126 on: December 28, 2008, 08:44:25 AM
I give Brawl... A score of 8.8

I see whut u did thar. 8D

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #127 on: December 28, 2008, 08:47:59 AM
So do I. Wily, be REALLY careful, or else the Zelda fanboys will be eating your flesh today/night 8D

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #128 on: December 28, 2008, 08:50:48 AM
But you see...
Link, Zelda/Sheik, Ganon are in Brawl, so the score is justified. 8D

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #129 on: December 28, 2008, 08:53:32 AM
But you see...
Link, Zelda/Sheik, Ganon are in Brawl, so the score is justified. 8D

Needs moar Midna. 8D

Also, I adore RPM thread focus shifts. XD

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #130 on: December 28, 2008, 08:54:07 AM
Hrm, I got to thinking, why most of us seem to get rather bent outta shape over the results of the awards each year.  This is a forum full of nerds.  And nerds, for the most part, are social outcasts.  Most of us have memories of really lousy highschool years in which we were ignored, ostracized, bullied, etc., and loathe popularity contests.  However, when we escape to the forums and see that people respond well to us, we're known by name and such, then it gives us a feeling that perhaps we have gained some popularity.  Then comes the awards results and the same two or three people won the same awards as usual.  We scroll down the list to find our names and see either very, very few votes or our names are not even on the list.  We are once again reminded that we are not popular and are merely tolerated.  And to be quite honest, it really [tornado fang]ing hurts. 

Yeah, popularity on the Net means bupkiss, but it's popularity that most of us nerds would otherwise never have.  So it's relatively easy to see why anyone would latch onto such popularity.  It feels good to be liked, dammit! 

But then again, we're leaving the voting to young, immature, socially-awkward nerds, and they will immediatly flock to those who garner the most respect and admiration, or just randomly pick people as they really don't know who to vote for to begin with. 

Since the Member Awards are not well-recieved at all, perhaps those awards should be done away with entirely.  Have the Best of That Previous Year, but leave out the Member Awards.  During the voting, people take it too seriously.  After the results, us sore losers feel maligned.  No one is having fun with this, obviously. 

It was Elementary for me... I didnt have many friends and i was just too much of a goody two shoes... Middle school doesnt count because it was in the F*cking ghetto. right across the street from the projects, so you know that it was gonna be louy. actually, my more recent years, (high school) have been the best ever.
but yeah, i sorta agree with Quickie, but then again, I dont get THAT bent outta shape over it.. its more like, aww damn... I didnt win anything... and you sulk for a bit, but then your fine again... The awards would be better if the questions wernt so damn rigged as to the fact that its bloody obvious who is going to win what. things such as Most Knowledgeable at Gaming,
Most Knowledgeable at Rockman, Most Flamboyant Member, Most Well Known Member, Most Lovable Member, Best Gamer, Sexiest Member, should all be done away with. they are too generic, and its pretty obvious Vixy and PB will always win most of these, with Zan in at Most Knowledgeable at Rockman. there ARE others, like Biggest Flamer, which could also be done away with as we all know Neko is the biggest Flamer in the world, and a few others. the questions should be more original than that. so that its not easy to tell who will win what untill the votes are counted.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #131 on: December 28, 2008, 08:56:07 AM
Very subjective, I still can't believe Brawl is still hated so much for not being Melee 2.0. Not to mention that they've even HACKED IT to become Melee 2.0.

Honestly, I'll probably never go back to Melee again.  Except for the lack of Mewtwo, Dr. Mario, Roy, & Pichu, Brawl is a vastly superior game.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #132 on: December 28, 2008, 09:08:30 AM
Honestly, I'll probably never go back to Melee again.  Except for the lack of Mewtwo, Dr. Mario, Roy, & Pichu, Brawl is a vastly superior game.

Funfact: I tried Melee after getting used to Brawl. HOLY [parasitic bomb]. I can never play that game again and I was godly in the past. XD

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #133 on: December 28, 2008, 09:18:04 AM
Funfact: Neither can I XD

I agree and disagree, Melee is the deeper game, and oddly, the more balanced one. I prefer Brawl anyways.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #134 on: December 28, 2008, 09:25:55 AM
I agree and disagree, Melee is the deeper game, and oddly, the more balanced one. I prefer Brawl anyways.

What?  I totally disagree.  Melee is completely unbalanced, compared to Brawl, IMO.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #135 on: December 28, 2008, 09:26:51 AM
What?  I totally disagree.  Melee is completely unbalanced, compared to Brawl, IMO.
True 2 words: clone wars!

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #136 on: December 28, 2008, 09:29:19 AM

Well, Melee didn't have a character at risk of being banned.

Offline TheDivine

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #137 on: December 28, 2008, 03:22:36 PM
Quickie's HUGE QQ post

1) I was quite popular in High School. You shouldn't generalize like that.
2) Do you really need to be popular to enjoy life?

You're putting way to much stock in whether or not people on a MEGA. MAN. FAN. SITE remember you when it's time to vote on a FUN FOR ALL award. Honestly.

I won the bad awards, and I think it's hilarious. You know why? Because I know it means nothing.

If you're this bent out of shape because of this, I seriously wonder about you.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #138 on: December 28, 2008, 03:23:37 PM
I won the bad awards, and I think it's hilarious. You know why? Because I know it means nothing.

But I got a promotion because I told my boss I won a RPM award.

:C

Offline TheDivine

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #139 on: December 28, 2008, 03:24:47 PM
:O

Oh shi-

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #140 on: December 28, 2008, 05:45:40 PM
Man, I could have done a lot of things this year but I made the [tornado fang]ing "wrong" choices! What happened to me that now I have almost lost the "spark" that made me enjoy Mega Man and other games in general? I have no job but I am still in the process of finding one even if it is on the internet. All you guys took the words right out of my mouth and now I have nothing left to write down except how I tend to procrastinate a lot and I haven't really done anything I wanted to do this year. My interest in starting fanfics and fanart had admittedly waned a little since I became twenty and I hoping to rekindling that interest and get my creative juices flowing again.

Offline Akamaru

• RPM's Puppy Mascot
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I love winter time.
    • View Profile
Reply #141 on: December 28, 2008, 06:00:47 PM
Funfact: I tried Melee after getting used to Brawl. HOLY [parasitic bomb]. I can never play that game again and I was godly in the past. XD
I don't think any of us except for those who use Wii mote w/ nun-chuck or the GC controller still know how to play that well.
But I got a promotion because I told my boss I won a RPM award.

:C
Wait, what!?

When was the last time I poked you guys...

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #142 on: December 28, 2008, 06:13:56 PM
Wait, what!?

Acid's right. Thanks to RPM Awards, I got job employment at EBGames. 8D

Everyone got their answers, and now there won't be more answers from me.
You all just want to cause drama somehow... take the business somewhere else.

Um, I have a question tho. My English isn't so great, but is Flamboyant a bad thing? '>.>

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #143 on: December 28, 2008, 06:18:54 PM
If a picture can describe a thousand words, then a picture of PB would be under flamboyant... XD

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #144 on: December 28, 2008, 06:21:01 PM
-post-

Um, I don't exactly understand. Yes or no, please.

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #145 on: December 28, 2008, 06:28:08 PM
Flamboyant (adj)
1.    strikingly bold or brilliant; showy: flamboyant colors.
2.    conspicuously dashing and colorful: the flamboyant idol of international society.
3.    florid; ornate; elaborately styled: flamboyant speeches.

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #146 on: December 28, 2008, 06:30:25 PM
1.    strikingly bold or brilliant; showy: flamboyant colors.
2.    conspicuously dashing and colorful: the flamboyant idol of international society.

Oh, it can be both things depends on who is judging you?
Fun~ Then I don't have to edit the comment. >U<

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #147 on: December 28, 2008, 06:32:30 PM
For the most part, these days Flamboyant is meant to describe someone who is gay or possibly gay, so it can both be good or bad.  But as I said in the Awards thread, no one on RPM is more Flamboyant than me.

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #148 on: December 28, 2008, 06:33:15 PM
gay

Gay means Happy, silly.

Oh so pretty, and witty and GAY! xD

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #149 on: December 28, 2008, 06:35:01 PM
Exactly!  As I said, it can be both good and bad, depending on how you use the word gay.

Either way, both are true.  I like to consider myself a Flaming Heterosexual!   8)